The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Biden fired up right now on CNN. In Chicago and defending his record on many fronts. Sleepy Joe ain’t so sleepy.
    Wasnt sleepy in the debate either. This narrative being built up, in this thread and elsewehere, about his sleepyness is not factual. Folks.

BIDEN 2020 
    I agree he never seemed sleepy. Isn't Trump the one who made that up on Twitter??? I can't believe it actually appears to have stuck with liberals. Wtf?
    he's not sleepy...he's just old.  the Dems have to do better than 76 year old Joe Biden and 77 year old Bernie Sanders.  If it makes me an ageist to say they are too old to be President...then call me an ageist.
    Biden seems pretty energetic and not at all slow or old in terms of how be behaves or processes information, no matter what his age is IMO. Same with Bernie. God knows both certainly come off as way less senile, old, and out of shape than Trump.
    Well...a few things:
    He stumbled over his words quite a few times and he had that deer in the headlights look when he was being attacked as if he somehow wasn't expecting it. He also answered "defeat Donald Trump" in response to what his first order of business would be after being sworn in.

Old. Sleepy. Ill-prepared. However you want to put it: he was not good at all, especially in the second hour. 
    Hey, I'm not for Biden. I just don't think he seems sleepy and I don't think any of what's wrong with him is due to his age. I don't think he was any better than he is now 10 years ago, or 20, or 30.
    I am actually for Biden. But go back and watch some youtube clips of him in 07. Even '12. He was very different than how he appeared last night. More witty. Not stumbling over words. And he was also pretty damn funny. He didn't exhibit any of those traits last night. Again, I'm not saying it's totally his age, but he seemed like a different person last night compared to how he came off previously.

This could just be him being unprepared. Or maybe he is not used to being the front runner. He's usually the one punching up like everyone was towards him last night. Either way, there's definitely a difference. 
    Yeah, I personally think he's just not good with being attacked the way he's being attacked. I also think he changed when his son died - I feel that's when he got more sensitive and a little more delicate. :frowning:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Biden fired up right now on CNN. In Chicago and defending his record on many fronts. Sleepy Joe ain’t so sleepy.
    Wasnt sleepy in the debate either. This narrative being built up, in this thread and elsewehere, about his sleepyness is not factual. Folks.

BIDEN 2020 
    I agree he never seemed sleepy. Isn't Trump the one who made that up on Twitter??? I can't believe it actually appears to have stuck with liberals. Wtf?
    he's not sleepy...he's just old.  the Dems have to do better than 76 year old Joe Biden and 77 year old Bernie Sanders.  If it makes me an ageist to say they are too old to be President...then call me an ageist.
    Biden seems pretty energetic and not at all slow or old in terms of how be behaves or processes information, no matter what his age is IMO. Same with Bernie. God knows both certainly come off as way less senile, old, and out of shape than Trump.
    Well...a few things:
    He stumbled over his words quite a few times and he had that deer in the headlights look when he was being attacked as if he somehow wasn't expecting it. He also answered "defeat Donald Trump" in response to what his first order of business would be after being sworn in.

Old. Sleepy. Ill-prepared. However you want to put it: he was not good at all, especially in the second hour. 
    Hey, I'm not for Biden. I just don't think he seems sleepy and I don't think any of what's wrong with him is due to his age. I don't think he was any better than he is now 10 years ago, or 20, or 30.
    I am actually for Biden. But go back and watch some youtube clips of him in 07. Even '12. He was very different than how he appeared last night. More witty. Not stumbling over words. And he was also pretty damn funny. He didn't exhibit any of those traits last night. Again, I'm not saying it's totally his age, but he seemed like a different person last night compared to how he came off previously.

This could just be him being unprepared. Or maybe he is not used to being the front runner. He's usually the one punching up like everyone was towards him last night. Either way, there's definitely a difference. 
    Yeah, I personally think he's just not good with being attacked the way he's being attacked. I also think he changed when his son died - I feel that's when he got more sensitive and a little more delicate. :frowning:
    Whatever it is, he's gotta be much better. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:

BIDEN 2020 
    Well...a few things:

Whatever it is, he's gotta be much better. 
    .... If you want him to win, yeah. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    Biden/Harris, Biden/Warren, with Sleepy Joe serving one term. And if either refuses the VP slot, there’s room in the cabinet. Harris as AG, Warren as secretary of Commerce. There’s also room for the others and it’s all predicated on Sleepy Joe winning the primaries and being the nominee. Those would be formidable tickets. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Biden/Harris, Biden/Warren, with Sleepy Joe serving one term. And if either refuses the VP slot, there’s room in the cabinet. Harris as AG, Warren as secretary of Commerce. There’s also room for the others and it’s all predicated on Sleepy Joe winning the primaries and being the nominee. Those would be formidable tickets. 
    Warren/Biden would be okay I guess.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    PJ_Soul said:
    Any combination of Warren, Biden and Harris (two of the three, of course) sounds fine with me. 

And I'm not concerned about Biden's age.  His mind is far more intact than that of the current POTUS and his experience is vastly greater.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don’t think Biden would accept a vp nomination.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Great, Warren/Harris then. Even better! :)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Warrek/gillibrand
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Trump would love this!  There’s a sure way to guarantee a second term. 
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    benjs said:
    Ignore makes this so much easier

I took this screen grab to make a simple point.
    here is another simple point:

Im still puzzled, What the fuck was your point with these pictures and my post highlighted??

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    RYME said:
    benjs said:

Im still puzzled, What the fuck was your point with these pictures and my post highlighted??

That’s the Sweden’s navy???
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Then America is completely down the fucking toilet anyway, so whatever. Let America fall.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    RYME said:
    benjs said:

I thought the Swedes helped the Nazis, not the Bolsheviks. Or maybe like Italy,  you just jump sides. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Then America is completely down the fucking toilet anyway, so whatever. Let America fall.
    Well that s a pretty dumb/ignorant attitude to have. We need to pick the candidate that is most likely to beat Trump and I think anyone that understands America would realize that warren/Harris would get destroyed.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well that s a pretty dumb/ignorant attitude to have. We need to pick the candidate that is most likely to beat Trump and I think anyone that understands America would see warren/Harris would get destroyed.  
    I know, that is my entire point. The fact that they (supposedly) couldn't beat Trump because of American voters, or even that so many think they couldn't beat Trump, is a good sign that America is just too fucked for redemption. Surely you understand why I want to just throw my hands up and say, "FUCK IT." That's not dumb or ignorant. It's very well deserved frustration and anger.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well that s a pretty dumb/ignorant attitude to have. We need to pick the candidate that is most likely to beat Trump and I think anyone that understands America would see warren/Harris would get destroyed.  
    I know, that is my entire point. The fact that they (supposedly) couldn't beat Trump because of American voters, or even that so many think they couldn't beat Trump, is a good sign that America is just too fucked for redemption. Surely you understand why I want to just throw my hands up and say, "FUCK IT." That's not dumb or ignorant. It's very well deserved frustration and anger.
    A traffic cone should be able to beat Trump.  But America is too stupid to elect it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    benjs said:

I thought the Swedes helped the Nazis, not the Bolsheviks. Or maybe like Italy,  you just jump sides. 
    Lol,  the Italy of Scandinavia works.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I get it now and agree. Thank you for explaining  it further.  

• Options
    RYME said:
    benjs said:

I want to know what Mr. Chaos was trying to imply with these Soviet Censorship photos??
    He said he was making a simple point.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    benjs said:

I think this is from that kids Highlights Magazine.  Spot the 12 differences in these pictures.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:

Din ding ding!

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Big move by Harris
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Apparently a 10 point drop for Biden. I think he’ll maintain 1st though. I think it would be interesting if Harris would be able to rise to 2nd and maintain that. Biden/ Harris 2020? I have a hard time believing they’re gonna keep going after Biden on these race issues. They’ve made their points, time to move on. IDK

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    My own hunch,
    I think Harris is going to emerge as your front runner. 
  • Options
    RYME said:
    My own hunch,
    I think Harris is going to emerge as your front runner. 
    That's good...I was just thinking we need more lawyers as president...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited June 2019
    American family on the airport discussing Harris and Biden. 

I think Harris is the frontrunner. Nowmatter what the polls say. Harris is coming for that top spot. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    benjs said:

I want to know what Mr. Chaos was trying to imply with these Soviet Censorship photos??
    He said he was making a simple point.
    I'll just keep asking Mr.Chaos.
This discussion has been closed.