Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    What I've noticed about HuffPost is that they are making anti-Joe Biden articles galore. They'll take a negative spin on anything he's saying and drive it in every article. I don't think he's saying what they say he's saying. He's not racist and he's not going to be in the pocket of the wealthy but that's the spin they're making. I think I'll just listen and decide for myself what he's saying. He speaks English; I don't need an interpreter and Joe's been around for a long time. What I want more than anything is soul-eater out of the White House.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    Kat said:
    What I've noticed about HuffPost is that they are making anti-Joe Biden articles galore. They'll take a negative spin on anything he's saying and drive it in every article. I don't think he's saying what they say he's saying. He's not racist and he's not going to be in the pocket of the wealthy but that's the spin they're making. I think I'll just listen and decide for myself what he's saying. He speaks English; I don't need an interpreter and Joe's been around for a long time. What I want more than anything is soul-eater out of the White House.

Truth.  And they will write an occasional hit piece against Harris too.  By contrast, the cheerleading for Warren and Sanders is out of control  However, they have pulled back from Sanders recently.  The worst part is the writing.  They hired a bunch of 22 year old bloggers to do the job.  
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:

Truth.  And they will write an occasional hit piece against Harris too.  By contrast, the cheerleading for Warren and Sanders is out of control  However, they have pulled back from Sanders recently.  The worst part is the writing.  They hired a bunch of 22 year old bloggers to do the job.  
    That's a real shame. I like to have a more seasoned analysis and it used to come from HuffPost. Now I get it elsewhere. It's really important to get the next election right for our Democracy. It feels much more serious than the elections I've seen before.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:

That's a real shame. I like to have a more seasoned analysis and it used to come from HuffPost. Now I get it elsewhere. It's really important to get the next election right for our Democracy. It feels much more serious than the elections I've seen before.
    When Arianna owned it, it was a very good website.  It had good writing, timely analysis, etc.  Now it's owned by Verizon.  Some people think that Verizon is sabotaging it by having right wing trolls write articles, but I don't think that's the case.  I think they hire bad writers who reinforce bad talking points.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    edited June 2019
    He cant stop himself:

Biden, Recalling ‘Civility’ in Senate, Invokes Two Segregationist Senators

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/19/us/politics/biden-segregationists.html
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    He cant stop himself:

Agreed.  Civility and working across the aisle are key faults of his.  I mean,  you don't need to compromise and work with people you don't like in the real world,  so why should you in Congress?
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Biden is the Trump of the dems when it come to doing stupid shit and the campaign trying to keep up, haha:

• Options
    Booker commenting on "gushing over known racists" Biden:

• Options
    Wow, all of these other candidates criticizing Biden is really affecting those of us that support his candidacy.  Powerful stuff here.  Hopefully some random person with a twitter account doesn't weigh in next.  That will really be the straw.  
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    He cant stop himself:

Agreed.  Civility and working across the aisle are key faults of his.  I mean,  you don't need to compromise and work with people you don't like in the real world,  so why should you in Congress?
    Why are you skewing the truth this time mrussel?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    And regarding the less racist-gushing candidates:

Joe Biden is leading the Democratic pack in the latest Monmouth 2020 polling, but Elizabeth Warren is up five points from May and Bernie Sanders is right behind Warren. The panel discusses Warren's rise.

https://youtu.be/Qcy69SQZvxk
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    He cant stop himself:

Skewing the truth?  Shaun King is a fucking liar.  He said Biden tried to stop integrated busing.  That's a damn lie.  Joe Biden was against forced busing, as were the vast majority of Americans including blacks.  Everyone hated it because it put kids on buses for hours in a day, all races.  There was no such thing as a movement against 'integrated busing' for school children.  Learn a little about the civil rights era before you start posting total bullshit.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    He cant stop himself:

Skewing the truth?  Shaun King is a fucking liar.  He said Biden tried to stop integrated busing.  That's a damn lie.  Joe Biden was against forced busing, as were the vast majority of Americans including blacks.  Everyone hated it because it put kids on buses for hours in a day, all races.  There was no such thing as a movement against 'integrated busing' for school children.  Learn a little about the civil rights era before you start posting total bullshit.
    I've learned everything I know about the civil rights era from Joe Biden:

• Options
    And busing was a failed policy.  There are all sorts of studies that show it did not increase black educational levels at all.  It also led to white flight to the suburbs which reduced the tax revenue in the cities that needed the money for schools.  Busing was a dead policy by the 80's because it was ineffective.  FFS, learn something.  
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    He cant stop himself:

Yes, everything you know about the Civil Rights movement can be summed up in 9 seconds.  I agree with you there.  You continue to double down on ignorance and lack of information.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    He cant stop himself:

Why are you posting outright lies by this joker Shaun King?  Do you not think about or research what you read before you post it?  Do you blindly follow anyone who is 'woke'?  Why don't you think a little bit before you embarrass yourself and your country with these ridiculous misrepresentations?  For God's sake, think for yourself a little bit rather than being a sheep.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    He cant stop himself:

Why are you posting outright lies by this joker Shaun King?  Do you not think about or research what you read before you post it?  Do you blindly follow anyone who is 'woke'?  Why don't you think a little bit before you embarrass yourself and your country with these ridiculous misrepresentations?  For God's sake, think for yourself a little bit rather than being a sheep.  
    Why would I "embarrass my country" ?
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Biden Defends Working With Segregationists, Part 1

https://youtu.be/2ikyFDxb1ow
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    He cant stop himself:

You represent them here.  It's embarrassing.  Im starting to wonder if they're first world. 

Fin.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    He cant stop himself:

You represent them here.  It's embarrassing.  Im starting to wonder if they're first world. 

Fin.
    In what way do I represent "them" here?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,907
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    And busing was a failed policy.  There are all sorts of studies that show it did not increase black educational levels at all.  It also led to white flight to the suburbs which reduced the tax revenue in the cities that needed the money for schools.  Busing was a dead policy by the 80's because it was ineffective.  FFS, learn something.  
    This is all true.  Forced busing was bad news.  
    The dem candidates are grasping at straws because he is the front runner.  FFS he was the vp for our first black president.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Whoopi gets it.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    This is all true.  Forced busing was bad news.  
    Everyone hated it. That's why title III that still exists today,  is a better policy.  We need to increase funding though. 
  • Options
    Hi! said:

Whoopi gets it.
    Yup.  She says what normal thinking people say,  that aren't just trying to score political points.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/449553-whoopi-goldberg-defends-biden-over-remarks-about-segregationist-senators?amp
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited June 2019
    I actually thought Biden’s response about Booker was quite humorous.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    I actually thought Biden’s response about Booker was quite humorous.

• Options
    Hypocrisy...

This discussion has been closed.