Options

US Christian Missionary endanger the lives of inhabitants on isolated Indian island

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Leave these people alone on this island and leave the asshole's body there.  The idiot needed to make a better life choice's.  A better life choice is recognizing religion and god as the bullshit it is.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    This is a perfect example of "shit white people do"... dude paddled up with a bible & cross lol

Lol, you managed to be a bigot and make a racist statement. I’m glad we get to read everyone’s real thoughts on immigration. 
    In what way do you think responses to this story reflect posters’ opinions on immigration, given that it is about a completely different issue? 
    It’s not different in the least. Someone was attempting to go to a land. They weren’t welcome. The people there believed that the alien may have come to take over their way of life or to harm them or put stress on their people. They made sure it didn’t happen. You all (most) believe they were right in what they did.
    Are you high? 
    No, sorry I don’t partake. Maybe I should so I can block out the hypocrisy I see from all of us. I have to pass on it though. 
    There is no hypocrisy on display here in this thread. Your analogy was poorly constructed.

This idiot wasn’t even looking to immigrate so the scenarios can’t even be compared for one. And if he was... well then the two situations still aren’t comparable. At all.
    Oh, they are. Just like saying the Indians should have kept the Europeans out of North America. 

No.

You're being silly now.

For the record (and without a doubt), if the Indians had known what was ahead for them... they should have met the European invasion with as much force as they could muster. Saying this is not suggesting I am apologizing for my existence- I'm not.
    Is that why we’re sending troops to the border? For what might be???? 
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    my2hands said:
    This is a perfect example of "shit white people do"... dude paddled up with a bible & cross lol

Lol, you managed to be a bigot and make a racist statement. I’m glad we get to read everyone’s real thoughts on immigration. 
    In what way do you think responses to this story reflect posters’ opinions on immigration, given that it is about a completely different issue? 
    It’s not different in the least. Someone was attempting to go to a land. They weren’t welcome. The people there believed that the alien may have come to take over their way of life or to harm them or put stress on their people. They made sure it didn’t happen. You all (most) believe they were right in what they did.
    Are you high? 
    No, sorry I don’t partake. Maybe I should so I can block out the hypocrisy I see from all of us. I have to pass on it though. 
    There is no hypocrisy on display here in this thread. Your analogy was poorly constructed.

This idiot wasn’t even looking to immigrate so the scenarios can’t even be compared for one. And if he was... well then the two situations still aren’t comparable. At all.
    Oh, they are. Just like saying the Indians should have kept the Europeans out of North America. 

No.

You're being silly now.

For the record (and without a doubt), if the Indians had known what was ahead for them... they should have met the European invasion with as much force as they could muster. Saying this is not suggesting I am apologizing for my existence- I'm not.
    We're not sending troops, they're already there. And it is unconstitutional for the military to be acting as a fighting force on American soil, so no one here has even mentioned the BS at the Southern border. Well, except me. But you chose to answer a post that did not address what you keep hinting at. 

What you are arguing is not what this thread is about and no one has said what you are claiming they have.

There are threads where people are talking about the actions at the Southern Border. This isn't one of them. That's okay. Please try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, it is easier to jump on what someone says than to actually respond to what their post implies. 

I think your outrage is absolutely on point. It just isn't being addressed in the correct thread. If you want to really express your feelings about the insane crap going on at the border, there are threads that are full of people with whom you can discuss this.

You can also start your own thread. Or you can continue to respond to posts about a missionary as you have been doing. I do not know your mind. I am trying to help if that is what you want. 

Thread integrity - the closing of the Southern border is about immigration and deflection and not about fanatical missionaries intruding upon protected lands. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Are you high? 

No.

You're being silly now.

I am assuming so. You’re worried that a caravan of broken Honduran people fleeing the violence of their home country is the first step in the decimation of the US people.

No?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    edited November 2018
    That’s the problem I have with religious people/groups they can’t just worship for themselves, but they wanna push their beliefs onto others it’s absurd ...
    If someone tells you about a documentary or book they read and bring it to you to offer for you to read or watch would you consider that pushing you to reading or watching it? People trying to present you with a bible or talking about God isn’t pushing as long as they’re not threatening or berating you. God won’t force you to believe. That’s your choice. 

Lol

Knocking on people's door and spreading the word is pushing your beliefs. And sorry... but so is paddling to a hostile island that wants nothing to do with outsiders.

Thanks for trying to help us halfwits, but we're okay. We really are. You can have the last laugh when you are running around Heaven in white robes and high fiving Jesus while we labour in fire.
    I’m glad my parents didn’t get pissed about the Brookdale soda guy, Charlie’s Chip and milkman coming to our house pushing that stuff on us. I was happy. They seemed pretty ok about it. lol

I forgot to write I’m hoping we’ll all be there high fiving. There’s still time. 
    Post edited by LongestRoad on
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    That’s the problem I have with religious people/groups they can’t just worship for themselves, but they wanna push their beliefs onto others it’s absurd ...
    Exactly. And when mixed with politics it is fucked up.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Are you high? 

No.

You're being silly now.

I am assuming so. You’re worried that a caravan of broken Honduran people fleeing the violence of their home country is the first step in the decimation of the US people.

No?
    You all seem to be the ones against immigration. I was just pointing out hypocrisy. 
  • Options
    Yes  Atheists do it all the time.
  • Options
    Yes  Atheists do it all the time.
    Well, when it comes to atheists they actually base their lack-of-beliefs on something.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:

Are you high? 

No.

You're being silly now.

No?
    You all seem to be the ones against immigration. I was just pointing out hypocrisy. 
    No you are not pointing out hypocrisy -- you just clearly show your problems with connecting dots and thinking out analogys.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Are you high? 

No.

You're being silly now.

No?
    No you are not pointing out hypocrisy -- you show your own problems with connecting dots and thinking out analogys.
    No, I can connect the dots that some people refuse to acknowledge. Read what’s written. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Are you high? 

No.

You're being silly now.

No?
    No you are not pointing out hypocrisy -- you show your own problems with connecting dots and thinking out analogys.
    No, I can connect the dots that some people refuse to acknowledge. Read what’s written. 
    Re-read what you have written.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:

Are you high? 

No.

You're being silly now.

No?
    the caravan is not an invasion. 
    most here are not against legal immigration or claiming asylum
    the christian was SEEN by the inhabitants of the island as an invasion, and was dealt with accordingly. and whether you wish to acknowledge it or not, his intent is irrelevant to whether he was actually an invader or not. he most likely did not intend to infect them with bacteria we are immune to. but that's what he very likely could have done. 
    they didn't know he was christian. they don't fucking know what a christian even is. I would have the same non-feelings towards the guy had he been an ahtiest going there to peddle his Scientific ways. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    my2hands said:

Are you high? 

No.

You're being silly now.

No?
    the christian was SEEN by the inhabitants of the island as an invasion, and was dealt with accordingly. and whether you wish to acknowledge it or not, his intent is irrelevant to whether he was actually an invader or not. he most likely did not intend to infect them with bacteria we are immune to. but that's what he very likely could have done. 
    they didn't know he was christian. they don't fucking know what a christian even is. I would have the same non-feelings towards the guy had he been an ahtiest going there to peddle his Scientific ways. 
    So you say the caravan is not an invasion but this guy was...I’m just trying to understand how these are different.  Not being a smart ass, but what makes it different for someone to go to that island vs enter another country illegally? 

Is it really just about protecting an ancient tribe? Cause I guess that’s the only difference I see and why it should be handled differently. They don’t have the means to handle the situation any different then they do without risking their lives and their entire way of life. Countries, like the US, do. Otherwise it is the exact same situation, but the way it should be handled can be different. Is that correct?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:

Are you high? 

No.

You're being silly now.

No?
    So you say the caravan is not an invasion but this guy was...I’m just trying to understand how these are different.  Not being a smart ass, but what makes it different for someone to go to that island vs enter another country illegally? 

Because the american people - and you - are a part of the world, and have the same information as the rest of us about the world and should not be so fucking stupid (or stupid racist) to not be able to discern between a life-threatening invasion of a hostile force and people looking for asylum. 

What the fuck is this.

But at the ame time, the american people - and you - are part of the world so someone like DJT should not be able to become president. 

So obviously something is not working right.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:

Are you high? 

No.

You're being silly now.

No?

Is it really just about protecting an ancient tribe? Cause I guess that’s the only difference I see and why it should be handled differently. They don’t have the means to handle the situation any different then they do without risking their lives and their entire way of life. Countries, like the US, do. Otherwise it is the exact same situation, but the way it should be handled can be different. Is that correct?
    america has all the information (see: common sense) to know the caravan is not an invasion. the tribe do not. THAT is the difference. 

I'm not sure how one can say "it is the exact same situation except for all of the determining factors". because that's what you are saying here. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
    The tribe just stood their ground....the right should be proud of that
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2018
    If that’s the case, then the left should be angry about that.  I do think that it was an idiotic move to go there against warnings, but the people throwing other missionaries bad people are off base.  Missionaries as a whole do a lot more good than bad in regards to helping the poor and starving in many places around the world.  Check out the Christian Relief Fund.  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    If that’s the case, then the left should be angry about that.
    There's nothing wrong with standing your ground when it's justifiable.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    If that’s the case, then the left should be angry about that.  I do think that it was an idiotic move to go there against warnings, but the people throwing other missionaries bad people are off base.  Missionaries as a whole do a lot more good than bad in regards to helping the poor and starving in many places around the world.  Check out the Christian Relief Fund.  
    Could it be that this kind of idiocy is something removed from the organisation you posted?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree...
    Then why make the statement you just did? Is "the left" angry about a justifiable stand your ground incident I am blanking on here?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    What's with this thread's title? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree...
    Then why make the statement you just did? Is "the left" angry about a justifiable stand your ground incident I am blanking on here?
    Because he's falling back into the right-winged "I'm angry at progress" corner instinctively.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree...
    Why make the statement that he just did?  Why does everything have to come down to the left or the right?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree...
    Why make the statement that he just did?  Why does everything have to come down to the left or the right?
    Because people were comparing the RIGHTS frenzy over the caravan to this situation?
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree...
    Because he's falling back into the right-winged "I'm angry at progress" corner instinctively.
    Yeah, that’s it.  Hyuk hyuk hyuk
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree...
    Because the right has a real problem with hypocrisy.

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree...
    Yeah, that’s it.  Hyuk hyuk hyuk
    Yep.
  • Options
    The guy went to the island the day before he was killed correct?  He got shot that day as well. 

Dude was an idiot.  He thought god was going to protect him and Darwin took over.