Options

US Christian Missionary endanger the lives of inhabitants on isolated Indian island

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I am fascinated by this tribe. Never heard of them until now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=286&v=ExdEHU02Zk0
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,565
     Six isolated tribe encounters: The results are usually violent

• Options
    I'd try give them a 10c membership.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    Young naive & stupid come to mind ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I think they did wrong, it's not ok to arrow down an unarmed defenseless man. It's sad that he was so naive but I would never say they did the right thing. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    Annafalk said:
    I think they did wrong, it's not ok to arrow down an unarmed defenseless man. It's sad that he was so naive but I would never say they did the right thing. 
    you have to understand, though, that they most likely have very limited knowledge of the outside world. so to them, this guy is a massive threat to their lives, so they basically had no choice in their minds. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I understand that they have no knowledge. They could have just ignored him though, why justify them killing him. 
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    I understand that they have no knowledge. They could have just ignored him though, why justify them killing him. 
    but they have extreme fear of something they don't know. that's how primitive tribes work. you tresspass on their land, they kill you. I know it doesn't make sense to us, otherwise we'd all be murdering our mailmen, but to them, he is there to kill them, so they kill him first. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Their immune system can not handle many illnesses that this jackass could have brought with him and caused harm to them.  I don't think he deserved death, but on the other hand, just how fucking stupid are some of these Christians.  He may not have deserved death, but he is also an asshole for putting their lives at risk.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    but they have extreme fear of something they don't know. that's how primitive tribes work. you tresspass on their land, they kill you. I know it doesn't make sense to us, otherwise we'd all be murdering our mailmen, but to them, he is there to kill them, so they kill him first. 
    I it was a pack of wolves I would agree with you. I understand what you're saying I'm just saying I think they did wrong.
  • Options
    Their immune system can not handle many illnesses that this jackass could have brought with him and caused harm to them.  I don't think he deserved death, but on the other hand, just how fucking stupid are some of these Christians.  He may not have deserved death, but he is also an asshole for putting their lives at risk.  
    it was 1 christian. he was stupid whether he was christian or not. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    I it was a pack of wolves I would agree with you. I understand what you're saying I'm just saying I think they did wrong.
    They don't have the same moral compass that we do. This was survival for them. They are not at fault here. The message has been sent numerous times and loud and clear: they're not welcoming. It's not because they are 'reserved' or 'racist'... it's because they are fearful (and they should be if valuing their way of life is important to them).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    They don't have the same moral compass that we do. This was survival for them. They are not at fault here. The message has been sent numerous times and loud and clear: they're not welcoming. It's not because they are 'reserved' or 'racist'... it's because they are fearful (and they should be if valuing their way of life is important to them).
    Should they build a wall?
  • Options
    From what I’ve read some were kidnapped as an experiment a long time ago. The adults got sick and died. They returned the children. They remember and aren’t going to let that happen again. He knew the danger but went anyway on a mission. If the bible got to them,  it was a success. It’s now up to them what to do with it. The guys parents even understand the danger that he chose to ignore. He’s ok with it. The parents accept it. 
  • Options
    I absolutely agree they should be let alone.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The real story, to me, is that this dope was writing in his journal (or blog or whatever) that God was protecting him and shielding him on his illegal mission!  
    What a goof lol

I have to make light of it because the arrogance of people who think God is directly intervening in their life (while babies starve and get raped elsewhere) gives me enough rage to spoil my mood.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    The real story, to me, is that this dope was writing in his journal (or blog or whatever) that God was protecting him and shielding him on his illegal mission!  
    What a goof lol

I have to make light of it because the arrogance of people who think God is directly intervening in their life (while babies starve and get raped elsewhere) gives me enough rage to spoil my mood.
    Same as that pastor who waded into the river to petition God to have the crocodile that was feasting on his people leave them alone.

Yah. That didn't go so good lol.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    rgambs said:
    What a goof lol

Same as that pastor who waded into the river to petition God to have the crocodile that was feasting on his people leave them alone.

Yah. That didn't go so good lol.
    "god's plan/will". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    And in the Roman imperie Julius Caesar sacrificed Christians, the audience laughed at them as they were attacked by lions.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,912
     "There are 572 islands in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands territory, only three dozen of which are inhabited. The territory has a population of nearly 380,000, according to India's 2011 census.
    The 2011 survey only spotted 15 Sentinelese on their island -- the count was done from a distance due to the danger in approaching the tribe. In the 2001 census, the total population was estimated to be 39.
    India has designated five indigenous tribal groups in the territory as "particularly vulnerable" due to the loss of sustaining resources and customs.
    India's Ministry of Tribal Affairs has said that, with regard to Sentinelese tribes, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands administration "has adopted an 'eyes-on and hands-off' policy to ensure that no poachers enter into the island."
    "
    umm if even the government,  both local and national, stays away what makes anyone think its a good idea to go there?

wonder what the charges will include for those that helped him.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    who's gonna pay for it ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,912
    edited November 2018
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    who's gonna pay for it ? 
      Mexico, of course.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    Ask Roger Waters.
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    They are very primitive, it's a simple out-group seen as a threat to their safety situation. 
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited November 2018
    shoulda prayed harder

Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Annafalk said:
    They are very primitive, it's a simple out-group seen as a threat to their safety situation. 
    I understand, I was only a bit concerned about people seem to cheer for murderers, I can understand why they did it but I wouldn't say they did right like some seem to think. 
    I feel like I'm reapeting myself, it's ok if no one understands me move on. 
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,253
    I don't know how anyone who understands the history of the world could feel bad for this imbecile. I have no pity, especially for Christian missionaries, considering the death they brought to native peoples throughout the 19th and 20th century. If the native Hawaiians had known what this tribe knew, they would have slaughtered Captain Cook's whole crew as soon as they set foot on the island. Disease ravaged their population and the mighty westerners thought they were civilizing savage non-Aryans.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    tbergs said:
    I don't know how anyone who understands the history of the world could feel bad for this imbecile. I have no pity, especially for Christian missionaries, considering the death they brought to native peoples throughout the 19th and 20th century. If the native Hawaiians had known what this tribe knew, they would have slaughtered Captain Cook's whole crew as soon as they set foot on the island. Disease ravaged their population and the mighty westerners thought they were civilizing savage non-Aryans.
    Well said.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    who's gonna pay for it ? 
    Mexico of course
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    Ask Roger Waters.
    I lost his number.