Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    Surely we've devoted enough time to your ass. Unless it's a crater...is it a crater?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    No
    Does NASA have pictures of your anus?
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Yes
    My ass is still wrecked btw. Care a little bit about that too, not just Agnes; the one that got away. Haha.
    Is the new one a nurse?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    No
    Nurses don't tickle his pickle.
  • Options
    She has some administrative work in construction. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    No
    Why are you not excited about this new woman?
  • Options
    Why are you not excited about this new woman?
    Why do you think I am not? :O 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    No
    Because you're not using ALL CAPS!!!
  • Options
    No
    We need an emoticon with jazz hands.
  • Options
    What is "jazz hands"?
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    See the source image
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    That looks like a person you want to be killed in a slasher movie.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,522
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    What is "jazz hands"?
    We finally found something inferior about Sweden. They don't have jazz hands.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    No
    :rofl:
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited January 2019
    Don't harass me. Just saw Santos is back. So... I will tell on you or:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    See the source image
  • Options
    No

You so much as nibble on me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
  • Options

You so much as nibble on me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
    Reservoir dogs
  • Options
    No
    Yes!

You just asked that administrative assistant out on a date to bring us all back together, didn't you? Awwww.
  • Options
    No
    Do guys not get excited about dates or is the excitement just not evident in posts on a messageboard?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    Do guys not get excited about dates or is the excitement just not evident in posts on a messageboard?
    Guys like to pretend they are cool and calm about it, haha. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    I don't think I've ever been on a formal date.

I've just asked women if they want to hang out. I've called the ones that commenced romantic relationships dates, but other than that, they weren't much different than hanging out with any other friend. I've certainly had awkward moments when the woman I was with thought it was a date (hello, female condom left on my bathtub). And I've certainly lusted after women friends who likely never would've given me the time of day, but I never let that surface.

I honestly don't know. Good thing my wife got with me before I had to figure all that shit out.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited January 2019
    I'm never sure what "date" means when talking to someone from the US etc where "you" pick up the girl at the parents house and talks about "reaching bases". Haha. In Sweden you just hook up with people you're going to school with or you find sitting next to you in the sofa at your friends party... and then you meet up and hang out watching SE7EN.

This would just be taking a beer with a girl I matched with on tinder a long time ago, and kept talking with because she said she was wanted to go to Poland and see Pearl jam in the summer. She knows of Pearl Jam = I'm interested enough to keep writing. Haha.

I get excited if I would meet someone I know and met and built up some feelings for. 

Meeting someone you talked to online, for me, is like meeting a blank paper. I don't know enough to be excited or not excited... I just meet up and drink a beer. And drink another beer if its cool. And between the first and second beer excitement might start to grow. Haha.

But maybe I've just met the wrong people online. Or I'm to old for excitement.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:
    Maybe. I still think there is a real possibility that they just don't care. Not all men of course, but more men than we would like to think. :pensive:
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Maybe. I still think there is a real possibility that they just don't care. Not all men of course, but more men than we would like to think. :pensive:
    I obviously never dated enough - every single date I ever went on in my life was a huge fucking deal to me at the time, lol. I suppose that if someone dates a ton of different people - i.e. has a LOT of first dates and not very many second or third dates - it probably becomes super ho-hum. I personally never tended to accept dates unless I at least felt interested enough to get nervous about going on it, lol.
  • Options
    No
    dankind said:

I've just asked women if they want to hang out. I've called the ones that commenced romantic relationships dates, but other than that, they weren't much different than hanging out with any other friend. I've certainly had awkward moments when the woman I was with thought it was a date (hello, female condom left on my bathtub). And I've certainly lusted after women friends who likely never would've given me the time of day, but I never let that surface.

I honestly don't know. Good thing my wife got with me before I had to figure all that shit out.
    Did you say anything about the condom?  =)

I think asking women if they want to hang out is the best way to start a relationship. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    dankind said:

Did you say anything about the condom?  =)

I think asking women if they want to hang out is the best way to start a relationship. 
    See, if there is romantic intent there, I consider that a date anyhow. Just calling it "hanging out" changes nothing, lol, except for perhaps who pays the bill, and maybe not even that.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    No
    To me, hanging out makes things less formal and more comfortable. Less interview, more playfulness. On the other hand, if you're uncomfortable and finding it difficult to let your guard down in a laid-back setting with this person, you're not moving in a romantic direction. 
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    To me, hanging out makes things less formal and more comfortable. Less interview, more playfulness. On the other hand, if you're uncomfortable and finding it difficult to let your guard down in a laid-back setting with this person, you're not moving in a romantic direction. 
    Yeah, to me they're both dates. It's not like "dates" must entail formality and discomfort, or an interview style, hahaha. I've had plenty of such fun, playful dates, be they in casual or no-so-casual settings. Sounds like calling it "hanging out" makes some more comfortable with the idea, but there is no actual difference IMO. Not unless for some reason one decides a "date" must be formal. I've never heard that theory before. I figure all that makes the real difference is the person you're with and how well you jive.
  • Options
    No
    You don't do an interview if you're on a dinner date? How do you get around that?  :o 
    There are less formal date choices, I get that. I guess I'm one of the people who would rather call it "hanging out", so we can wear t-shirts and shit. :lol: