Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yes
    Speaking of French toast, I can make it nice.
    Brioche bread, milk, egg, mixed spice.
    Served with bacon, strawberries, maple syrup and mascarpone and a dusting of icing sugar.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Yes
    I hope I didn't scare Thoughts_Arrive away from this thread.

Come play with us, T_A! The topic is gross-looking food. ;)
    Haha, nope, was busy yesterday, didn't get the time for the internet.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @PJ_Soul just look at the photo in this article, pork roll, egg and cheese.  oh baby!
    https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2018/12/the-best-small-town-restaurant-in-nj-is-a-bagel-place.html

That looks totally gross to me dude. :lol:
    Says the person who puts semen looking sauce on their calamari lol.
    You have to try pork roll, egg and cheese once in your life!  I had cheese curds once while I was in michigan and damn they were freaking good.  
    You think Tzatziki is semen-looking sauce? I don't wanna meet the guy with semen that look like that. :lol:
    It seems to be that pork roll is just highly processed pork deli meat, right? That's not really something that appeals to me.
    no clue, it is a secret recipe.  The only kind we buy here is "taylor's" pork roll.  I'm telling you, it is amazing, these have pork roll festivals around here!  This is the ultimate hangover food.  
    Pork Roll (also known as Taylor Ham)[1][2] is a pork-based processed meat originating and commonly available in New JerseyNew YorkDelaware and parts of Pennsylvania and Maryland. It was developed in 1856 by John Taylor of Hamilton Square, New Jersey, and sold as "Taylor Ham".[3] Other producers entered the market, and subsequent food labeling regulations required Taylor to designate it as a "pork roll" alongside their competitors.
    Image result for taylor ham
    Image result for taylor ham
    Image result for pork roll egg and cheese bagel
    I never knew that Taylor ham was a regional thing (I don't call it pork roll). The pictures that you've posted don't give justice to the awesome goodness that is fried Taylor ham.  I grew up on Taylor ham. My parents used to make fried bologna too. 

I don't usually eat breakfast, always coffee though. (or cawfee as I say). Strong coffee.

If you go to a diner here you can get bacon, sausage, Taylor ham or Canadian bacon on the side. Bacon is good with anything, absolutely anything. Taylor Ham has the most delicious twang to it. 

And Taylor ham, egg and cheese on a bagel with mashed potatoes on the side and chocolate milk  with iced cubes used to be my go to hangover food. Diners are wonderful places. They're open 24 hours, they have amazing cakes and pies, you can get just about any sort of food, they serve liquor and you can drink coffee till you float away for the price of a cup. :smile:  

French toast is greater than pancakes is greater than waffles. Belgian waffles are a different story. 

Now can we discuss White Castles....

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    wrong thread.

Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Yes
    @njnancy the fact that you call it Taylor ham makes me 99% certain that you are from north jersey. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    @njnancy the fact that you call it Taylor ham makes me 99% certain that you are from north jersey. 
    I'm the last exit on the Turnpike unless you want to go over the GWB.  I can see Manhattan from my house :giggle:
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Yes
    For the single people...Do any of you plan on staying single by choice?  My Dad had 2 cousins who choose to be single.  One did eventually marry, in his 70's, he died about 2 years later...  
    I crave love. But then I feel like I don't want a relationship. I'd like companionship but not the arguments, having to fit in with her family and social group who I may not like etc.
    Have you tried sped dating?  Many places arrange speed dating for free, check out the community news.  No idea how you avoid conflict/argument, it's part of life ... it's more important how you handle conflict, unfortunately, most people have never been taught good conflict resolution skills.  Your last sentence is normal fears.  Just be yourself.  You do not want someone who can not except you, as you.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm the last exit on the Turnpike unless you want to go over the GWB.  I can see Manhattan from my house :giggle:
    It's also right next to my user name @mcgruff10 :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I swear to god I didn't notice that! lol  But I knew you were based on the use of "taylor ham" over "pork roll".  You do realize you are wrong?  ;)
  • Options
    Yes
    For the single people...Do any of you plan on staying single by choice?  My Dad had 2 cousins who choose to be single.  One did eventually marry, in his 70's, he died about 2 years later...  
    I crave love. But then I feel like I don't want a relationship. I'd like companionship but not the arguments, having to fit in with her family and social group who I may not like etc.
    Have you tried sped dating?  Many places arrange speed dating for free, check out the community news.  No idea how you avoid conflict/argument, it's part of life ... it's more important how you handle conflict, unfortunately, most people have never been taught good conflict resolution skills.  Your last sentence is normal fears.  Just be yourself.  You do not want someone who can not except you, as you.  
    I've considered it as I refuse to try online dating. Not just the acceptance of me as me but the having to put up with people I don't like.
    Plus seeing how my two sisters' marriages have turned to shit has left me feeling less than optimistic about marriages.
    As well as what I learned at university, passion fades over time, we habituate to our partner and that is why people break up or cheat.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I swear to god I didn't notice that! lol  But I knew you were based on the use of "taylor ham" over "pork roll".  You do realize you are wrong?  ;)
    I don't know, if you ask anyone here - they'd say I was right. :wink:  

If I buy the actual 'roll'  that I would slice myself, it would be labeled as pork roll. But my shopping list would say Taylor ham.

Do you have White Castle down the shore? I picture you somewhere around the Garden States Art Center (I will not call it by another name). 

• Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

If I buy the actual 'roll'  that I would slice myself, it would be labeled as pork roll. But my shopping list would say Taylor ham.

Do you have White Castle down the shore? I picture you somewhere around the Garden States Art Center (I will not call it by another name). 

lol, it will always be the Garden State Arts Center to me.  I am exit 98 off the parkway, about 10 minutes west of Belmar and 15 minutes east of Six Flags in a town called Howell.  I grew up 1/2 mile from the beach (avon/belmar area).  We have a white castle in town!  My buddies and I used to buy suitcases all the time!
    Pork Roll!!!!
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Yes
    I've considered it as I refuse to try online dating. Not just the acceptance of me as me but the having to put up with people I don't like.
    Plus seeing how my two sisters' marriages have turned to shit has left me feeling less than optimistic about marriages.
    As well as what I learned at university, passion fades over time, we habituate to our partner and that is why people break up or cheat.

That why I suggested speed dating.  Do like playing cards/board games ... some community centres host things like this.    Have you tried meetup.com?  Sadly, lots and lots of marriage's turn to shit these days.  And lots and lots of marriages are going to turn to shit.  It is true, with some the passion fades.  Some it's a mid-life crisis that ends the marriage, affairs, spouse wants a different life...whatever it is.  My Mom who was married to my Dad for over 50 years until she passed, always said people need to learn forgiveness to have successful marriages.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

lol, it will always be the Garden State Arts Center to me.  I am exit 98 off the parkway, about 10 minutes west of Belmar and 15 minutes east of Six Flags in a town called Howell.  I grew up 1/2 mile from the beach (avon/belmar area).  We have a white castle in town!  My buddies and I used to buy suitcases all the time!
    Pork Roll!!!!
    i know the name Howell. Belmar/Avon is a nice area. After I go over the scary bridge with way too many lanes, I feel like I'm down the shore. I used to take my son to Keansburg when he was little because his father's grandmother was down there and they had a great amusement park for kids. So does Point Pleasant. My college used to have alumni parties in Belmar at a bar that I can't remember at the moment, but I never went to any of them. I did play mini golf on the boardwalk in Belmar though. 

We rented a condo in Diamond Beach - exit 4B - for about 15 years and it was my favorite week of every Summer. My sister/BIL/2 nieces/mom/me and my son would share it. We were right next to the Coast Guard protected area. The last time we went was 2014, but my sister had passed away the prior September and it just wasn't the same so that family tradition ended. I went there on the way back from the Hampton (& not Raleigh) PJ show in 2016 and stayed at hotel on the beach. I miss it. 
  • Options
    Yes
    It says Taylor ham on menus here. If I said pork roll they'd probably bring me a freaking tenderloin. 
  • Options
    Nothing as unsexy as people talking about meat.

Me and Agnes never talk about meat. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes

You've obviously never been to Jersey. :smile:

And when did you and Agnes last speak? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Options
    njnancy said:

You've obviously never been to Jersey.
    Peter Criss lives in Jersey
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pork Roll!!!!
    i know the name Howell. Belmar/Avon is a nice area. After I go over the scary bridge with way too many lanes, I feel like I'm down the shore. I used to take my son to Keansburg when he was little because his father's grandmother was down there and they had a great amusement park for kids. So does Point Pleasant. My college used to have alumni parties in Belmar at a bar that I can't remember at the moment, but I never went to any of them. I did play mini golf on the boardwalk in Belmar though. 

We rented a condo in Diamond Beach - exit 4B - for about 15 years and it was my favorite week of every Summer. My sister/BIL/2 nieces/mom/me and my son would share it. We were right next to the Coast Guard protected area. The last time we went was 2014, but my sister had passed away the prior September and it just wasn't the same so that family tradition ended. I went there on the way back from the Hampton (& not Raleigh) PJ show in 2016 and stayed at hotel on the beach. I miss it. 
    Sounds like you had some real good times in Diamond Beach.  We are heading to the outer banks this summer for the first time.
    I'm thinking the bar in belmar you are referring to is either bar anticipation or d' jais.  And that mini golf place you are talking about is gone!!!
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:

He lives in Wall Township. He would call it pork roll. 
  • Options
    No
    THAT'S WHAT I WANT TOO!! Let's have an unofficial non-commitment ceremony and celebrate with all the cheesiest Queen songs!!

https://youtu.be/YehLQEp_88I
  • Options
    No
    njnancy said:

What jammies was he wearing when he walked down his driveway to get his newspaper this a.m.?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes

Not even hide the salami?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    njnancy said:

What jammies was he wearing when he walked down his driveway to get his newspaper this a.m.?
    Well-worn ones ragged from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgtzWMBw4-w
  • Options
    No
    :lol:
    God you're good.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited December 2018
    No
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I tried poutine for the first time while in Quebec City to see Pearl Jam.  It was the fast food version.  I had high hopes but was disappointed.  
    fast food poutine is like getting a steak at Perkin's. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pork Roll!!!!
    One of my work's million dollar customers is in Belmar.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    mcgruff10 said:
    Don’t think I’ve ever seen pork roll or even heard of it or the term Taylor ham. I must not be in the “parts of Maryland” where it can be found. I’d try it on the bagel tho.
    Because you live in the god damn boonies. ;)
    Trump signs, Confederate flags, and all unfortunately.
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pork Roll!!!!
    One of my work's million dollar customers is in Belmar.
    Yeah the houses on the ocean or river go for sick money.