Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    mcgruff10 said:
    Got an answer, in the form of a question. Took a week for it... hmm... this is weird...
    Well what was the question?
    "What kind of a date?"
    you should respond with "I'll take awkward conversations for a thousand, Alex"

if she responds with "you've found our daily double!" then you know it's good to go. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    Got an answer, in the form of a question. Took a week for it... hmm... this is weird...
    "What kind of a date?"

if she responds with "you've found our daily double!" then you know it's good to go. 
    Do they even have Jeopardy in Sweden?? :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    Medjool FTW!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    "What kind of a date?"

Do they even have Jeopardy in Sweden?? :lol:
    Yes, but not with someone named Alex. 

Actually been in the audience once when i was a kid. My uncle won.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,961
    Yes
    Tell her it is a regular date but if you see some of your single or married lady friends you are going to invite them over to the table. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tell her it is a regular date but if you see some of your single or married lady friends you are going to invite them over to the table. 
    I don't think you're getting that plane ticket after all. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,584
    Yes

Well, should we make up our own questions until we find out what she said?  I'll list a couple.

"New phone, who dis?"

"What took you so long to ask?"

"Can you give up listening to the band KISS?"

Read the thread more closely pumpkin :) 

Ha, sorry, I hadn't refreshed the page with the latest posts!
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't think you're getting that plane ticket after all. 

haha
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    "What kind of a date?"
    :pensive: Hmm. Well, did you answer? I'm not sure if this thread has turned you off taking any advice here forever and ever, lol, but if I were you I'd just reply with what your plans were. I.e. "A dinner and movie date"... or whatever you were thinking about doing. That is clear, and she'll be forced to say yes or no. Finally.
    Just add...”and maybe breakfast if things go well”
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    "What kind of a date?"
    :pensive: Hmm. Well, did you answer? I'm not sure if this thread has turned you off taking any advice here forever and ever, lol, but if I were you I'd just reply with what your plans were. I.e. "A dinner and movie date"... or whatever you were thinking about doing. That is clear, and she'll be forced to say yes or no. Finally.
    Haha!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    "What kind of a date?"
    Haha!
    How do you like your eggs? Fertilized?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,491
    No
    WHY HASN'T EDDIE VEDDER WRITTEN A SONG ABOUT THIS KIND OF MOMENT IN LIFE! 
    In Hiding? 

Lucky Ace knows the feeling

"All I wanna do is talk to you and maybe go out, and form some kind of relation"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjOc5FCUtmY
     You're not going to send that to her, right? We don't want you to end up an old cat lady with a penis.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,206
    edited October 2018
    In Hiding? 

"All I wanna do is talk to you and maybe go out, and form some kind of relation"

You're not going to send that to her, right? We don't want you to end up an old cat lady with a penis.
    No worries, the cat home won't respond to my email about helping them out with a cat or two. I think my mistake was to add an ending paragrapha bout Peter Criss in my email .
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes
    It sounds like a NO.  What "other " kind of date can there be?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    "What kind of a date?"
    Haha!
    How do you like your eggs? Fertilized?
    over HARD
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes.
    Sure, but force this rude girl to give a fucking real answer anyway.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes.
    She's really not rude or anything. I hope I have not made people think off her like that.

But yes, I will "force" an answer...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes.
    She's really not rude or anything. I hope I have not made people think off her like that.

really? don't you want to keep the friendship? maybe let the thought stew in her head and maybe one night on your bi-monthly beer-ings......
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    Yes
    Is bi-monthly beerings twice a month, or once every 2 months?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes.

really? don't you want to keep the friendship? maybe let the thought stew in her head and maybe one night on your bi-monthly beer-ings......
    I would think it's too late for that. If she's still in the friend zone and he's not, and she knows it, the friendship has already changed no matter what her answer is. I've obviously got a lot of experience with male/female friendships, and once one person starts crushing on the other person, things kind of have to change. S_C chose the only reasonable (mature) next step in asking her out, no matter what her answer may be.
    But S_C, yes, I do think she's being rude, but I'm not suggesting I think she's a bitch or anything like that. I assume she is a good person if you're into her! :) Obviously an answer does have to be given here, and since she asked the question anyway, there seems to be no alternative anyhow. The cat's already out of the bag, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    Double post
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Is bi-monthly beerings twice a month, or once every 2 months?
    bi is once every two units. 
    semi is twice every 1 unit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,491
    No
    In Hiding? 

No worries, the cat home won't respond to my email about helping them out with a cat or two. I think my mistake was to add an ending paragrapha bout Peter Criss in my email .
    =)   Good one!  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    No
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:
    The dating game has become something that has surpassed my methods. Nowadays, you have to have facebook, instragram, snapchat, etc and hunt the person down on those platforms and send dumb messages back & forth for weeks, if not months before even considering hanging out in person.  I remember when that used to be called stalking.  Now it's the norm.  And face to face interaction or introducing yourself/asking out in person is considered "creepy."  Do things the old-fashioned way and you get laughed at to your face. What the fuck?
    Thank God I’m out of the dating game. This sounds awful. 
    This thread is only cementing my beliefs that I will never again be in the dating game. Potentially romantic relationships should be a bit more 'sacred' than a text - and I don't think that someone is a flower carrying grandpa because they believe in face to face communications. Mcgruff is younger than me and I'm a contemporary of the band - are they flower carrying grandpas? If so - that's what I would prefer. 

Are we going to start calling people old if they think that speaking to people or using their actual identifying information to communicate is a good thing? I'm not gonna start snapchatting people, I'd feel ridiculous doing so, and if that means I never have a date again, well I can buy myself flowers and my son will have children some day, in the future. Many years in the future. I guess if we could have phone sex back in the day, people could have snapchat sex nowadays. I remember sex, I think.    :get_outta_here:

If you ask for advice - please be nice to the people who are giving it to you. Especially the women, even if we are decrepit phone number, face to face flower  lovers. :how_interesting:
    With your rules an app like Tinder would never work, because you communicate through the means of written text to eachother. before deciding to meat up.

And by your rules blinddating would never work, because the date is set up without this face to face communication that is vital.

There is not anything more sacred in going to someones front door and ask their father if one could take their daughter to the movies and be home by 11, compared to asking someone you know well by the means of a message on messanger if she would like to go on a date on halloween.

And I don't know if you missed this - but the date would still be face to face communication, just like it has been hanging out with her as a friend - we will not talk to eachother through World of Warcraft. 

And so, teens today don't sit and talk on the phone - instead they send eachother pictures and videos through out the day on snapchat. Which means they have more communications with eachother than you guys did in the 1900s with your telegrams. A picture says more than a thousand telegrams sent by t he place next to the saloon.  

There is nothing weird with talking to someone using text. And there is nothing wrong with asking out someone using text.

:)
    Whether intentional or not, your use of meat when referencing Tinder is hilarious. :lol:
    In a thread filled with pretty funny thoughts and responses, I find this to be top notch.

Nobody else commented? 

Just caught up on the thread...pretty funny responses.
    I actually do not think she is rude and think she probably had a good sense of humor.  She didn't ask anyone to send her a text asking her out on a date.  What is a person supposed to do?  Be inquisitive, perhaps?
    (And likely, she is afraid you are inviting her to play MarioKart in the basement.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yes
    I would leave now. Say no more and see what her next move is
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Yes
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:
    The dating game has become something that has surpassed my methods. Nowadays, you have to have facebook, instragram, snapchat, etc and hunt the person down on those platforms and send dumb messages back & forth for weeks, if not months before even considering hanging out in person.  I remember when that used to be called stalking.  Now it's the norm.  And face to face interaction or introducing yourself/asking out in person is considered "creepy."  Do things the old-fashioned way and you get laughed at to your face. What the fuck?
    This thread is only cementing my beliefs that I will never again be in the dating game. Potentially romantic relationships should be a bit more 'sacred' than a text - and I don't think that someone is a flower carrying grandpa because they believe in face to face communications. Mcgruff is younger than me and I'm a contemporary of the band - are they flower carrying grandpas? If so - that's what I would prefer. 

Are we going to start calling people old if they think that speaking to people or using their actual identifying information to communicate is a good thing? I'm not gonna start snapchatting people, I'd feel ridiculous doing so, and if that means I never have a date again, well I can buy myself flowers and my son will have children some day, in the future. Many years in the future. I guess if we could have phone sex back in the day, people could have snapchat sex nowadays. I remember sex, I think.    :get_outta_here:

If you ask for advice - please be nice to the people who are giving it to you. Especially the women, even if we are decrepit phone number, face to face flower  lovers. :how_interesting:
    With your rules an app like Tinder would never work, because you communicate through the means of written text to eachother. before deciding to meat up.

And by your rules blinddating would never work, because the date is set up without this face to face communication that is vital.

There is not anything more sacred in going to someones front door and ask their father if one could take their daughter to the movies and be home by 11, compared to asking someone you know well by the means of a message on messanger if she would like to go on a date on halloween.

And I don't know if you missed this - but the date would still be face to face communication, just like it has been hanging out with her as a friend - we will not talk to eachother through World of Warcraft. 

And so, teens today don't sit and talk on the phone - instead they send eachother pictures and videos through out the day on snapchat. Which means they have more communications with eachother than you guys did in the 1900s with your telegrams. A picture says more than a thousand telegrams sent by t he place next to the saloon.  

There is nothing weird with talking to someone using text. And there is nothing wrong with asking out someone using text.

Whether intentional or not, your use of meat when referencing Tinder is hilarious. :lol:
    In a thread filled with pretty funny thoughts and responses, I find this to be top notch.

Nobody else commented? 

I actually do not think she is rude and think she probably had a good sense of humor.  She didn't ask anyone to send her a text asking her out on a date.  What is a person supposed to do?  Be inquisitive, perhaps?
    (And likely, she is afraid you are inviting her to play MarioKart in the basement.)
    Ready to play, Agnes? I'll be Toad, and you'll be Peach.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,206
    edited October 2018

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    No
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

Nobody else commented? 

Ready to play, Agnes? I'll be Toad, and you'll be Peach.
    I prefer Waluigi but am OK with Princess Peach

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

Nobody else commented? 

It's not the question that's rude. It's the number of days it took her to respond, lol.