Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    I don't see the big deal about texting.  A lot of the "norms" in society may not have been the norm if current technology was around back then.   People may have been texting to go on dates all the time back in the 20's if smartphones were around then.
    absolutely, and I'm not a purist by any stretch, but I just think something like asking someone on a date needs to be a face to face sort of thing. or maybe on the phone at the least. 

I guess it could be argued that texting is the new passing notes in class, but isn't face to face or ear to ear communication the logical evolution of this type of thing?

Face to face could be difficult to make happen when you are an adult that is out of school.   You may not see the person very often unless you are coworkers, so phone or text are your two options.  I guess I left out singing telegram.   

I don't know.  Is a date that big a deal that you need to have a phone conversation or face to face?  It isn't like they are proposing marriage or being exclusive.  It is just a dinner with another person.  It happens millions of times each day.   

yes, but also in this context, where it could be awkward for both parties (friends first), I think it would be highly beneficial to be face to face. you are changing the dynamic of an existing relationship, which is different than asking for one to exist that didn't before. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    Yes
    Has she responded yet btw???? If not, then you're better off S_C! That's super duper rude not to reply!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    I don't see the big deal about texting.  A lot of the "norms" in society may not have been the norm if current technology was around back then.   People may have been texting to go on dates all the time back in the 20's if smartphones were around then.
    absolutely, and I'm not a purist by any stretch, but I just think something like asking someone on a date needs to be a face to face sort of thing. or maybe on the phone at the least. 

I guess it could be argued that texting is the new passing notes in class, but isn't face to face or ear to ear communication the logical evolution of this type of thing?

Face to face could be difficult to make happen when you are an adult that is out of school.   You may not see the person very often unless you are coworkers, so phone or text are your two options.  I guess I left out singing telegram.   

I don't know.  Is a date that big a deal that you need to have a phone conversation or face to face?  It isn't like they are proposing marriage or being exclusive.  It is just a dinner with another person.  It happens millions of times each day.   

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes

yes, but also in this context, where it could be awkward for both parties (friends first), I think it would be highly beneficial to be face to face. you are changing the dynamic of an existing relationship, which is different than asking for one to exist that didn't before. 
    Perhaps the best way to make this transition from friends to more is to just get drunk and start making out one night. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Perhaps the best way to make this transition from friends to more is to just get drunk and start making out one night. :lol:
    Thats the swedish way. Normally. Haha. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,207
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Has she responded yet btw???? If not, then you're better off S_C! That's super duper rude not to reply!
    No. Haha. Which is weird because shes really cool and normal. Haha. So this must have been really uncomfortable or something... haha...

should have never askeeeeeeeed

MCGRUUUUUFFFFFF
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    No. Haha. Which is weird because shes really cool and normal. Haha. So with must have been uncomfortable or something... haha

MCGRUUUUUFFFFFF
    That McGruff indeed.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,962
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    No. Haha. Which is weird because shes really cool and normal. Haha. So this must have been really uncomfortable or something... haha...

MCGRUUUUUFFFFFF
    My passport is ready 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,588
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

MCGRUUUUUFFFFFF
    My passport is ready 

mcgruff10 - "The Fixer".  
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

MCGRUUUUUFFFFFF
    My passport is ready 

mcgruff10 - "The Fixer".  
    25 people voted yes but for some reason I am getting blamed. I must fix this. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

That’s everyone's way, normally ;) 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

That’s everyone's way, normally ;) 
    That's how I wound up in most of my relationships. :i_dunno:   
  • Options
    Yes
    Sweden is full of beautiful  women(and men) no problem.
    Agnes missed out
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Sweden is full of beautiful  women(and men) no problem.
    Agnes missed out
    I'm hardly a beautiful man though. So...

BUT NO ONE FUCKING BEATS ME IN MARIO KART 8 
  • Options
    Yes
    I guess there must be women into Mario. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    They are fewer than one might think.
  • Options
    Yes
    Some are even into Toad. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Some are even into Toad. 

• Options
    Got an answer, in the form of a question. Took a week for it... hmm... this is weird...
  • Options
    Yes
    Got an answer, in the form of a question. Took a week for it... hmm... this is weird...
    Well what was the question?
  • Options
    Yes
    What is cryptic?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    "What kind of a date?"
  • Options
    WHY HASN'T EDDIE VEDDER WRITTEN A SONG ABOUT THIS KIND OF MOMENT IN LIFE! 
  • Options
    Yes
    In Hiding? 

• Options
    edited October 2018
    In Hiding? 

Lucky Ace knows the feeling

"All I wanna do is talk to you and maybe go out, and form some kind of relation"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjOc5FCUtmY
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,588
    Yes

Well, should we make up our own questions until we find out what she said?  I'll list a couple.

"New phone, who dis?"

"What took you so long to ask?"

"Can you give up listening to the band KISS?"

• Options
    edited October 2018

Well, should we make up our own questions until we find out what she said?  I'll list a couple.

"New phone, who dis?"

Read the thread more closely pumpkin :) 
  • Options
    Yes

"New phone, who dis?"

Read the thread more closely pumpkin :) 
    Seasonally appropriate comeback 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    "What kind of a date?"
    :pensive: Hmm. Well, did you answer? I'm not sure if this thread has turned you off taking any advice here forever and ever, lol, but if I were you I'd just reply with what your plans were. I.e. "A dinner and movie date"... or whatever you were thinking about doing. That is clear, and she'll be forced to say yes or no. Finally.