Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    Okey, I'll respond to her tomorrow.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    PJ_Soul said:
    I need to know more about Agnes.
    How long has she been single?
    Have you met any of her previous partners?
    Has she given any sign of wanting more than friendship. Earlier in the thread it was all about male and female "friendly relationships" then you asked her out? Which kind of goes against the whole  we can just be friends . You clearly have more than friendly feelings ?
    Single since spring, or early summer I think.

Yes, we went to the same school a few years back. So know her ex pretty well. Do not have bi-monthly bears with him though. 

No, she has not. She said I should get a bigger bed. But I think that had more to do with concern about my nightly sleep. Falling for someone, man or woman, doesn't go against having women or men as friends. 

You should definitely get a bigger bed no matter what happens. ;)
    The PJ_Soul-Spiritual_Chaos love story has begun.

I hope you enjoy weed, arguing, and staying indoors all summer long with the AC cranked. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    Yes
    Based on her question to your question I believe you are fine. Why respond tomorrow?  Just say, why don’t we go out and get a bite to eat this Friday?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    If someone answered my question with a question, I’d play the same game. In this case I’d respond with, “What kind of date would you like it to be?” 

If that doesn’t work, fly McGruff out there to play Mariano Rivera and close this shit. 

^ Not close the thread...close the deal. :lol:
    That would be my impulse to do, also. But maybe its best to get a clear answer, and not try to recreate this scene from 40 year old virgin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuG4G4BRUxQ
    I love Elizabeth Banks.  (and he loves Lamp)
    I loved her till I lost my ex. They look earily similiar and has a similiar way to them. Stings. Haha.
    Similar ears, huh? I've never really studied any of my exes' ears that closely -- nor Elizabeth Banks' ears, for that matter.
    "eerily"

Stop with the non-native-english-speaker shaming please. I CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH RIGHT NOW.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Based on her question to your question I believe you are fine. Why respond tomorrow?  Just say, why don’t we go out and get a bite to eat this Friday?  
    Okey, I've answered her question. Now I'm going offline, going to bed to finish reading the last chapters of Fight Club.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes
    We are right behind you chaos. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Has she given any sign of wanting more than friendship. Earlier in the thread it was all about male and female "friendly relationships" then you asked her out? Which kind of goes against the whole  we can just be friends . You clearly have more than friendly feelings ?

Yes, we went to the same school a few years back. So know her ex pretty well. Do not have bi-monthly bears with him though. 

No, she has not. She said I should get a bigger bed. But I think that had more to do with concern about my nightly sleep. Falling for someone, man or woman, doesn't go against having women or men as friends. 

I hope you enjoy weed, arguing, and staying indoors all summer long with the AC cranked. 
    Fact
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

Fact
    I don't enjoy arguing at all, and don't tend to argue with anyone (here on the AMT I debate and have conversations - I figure the ones who think it's arguing just can't deal with debate very well!).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Fact
    I don't enjoy arguing at all, and don't tend to argue with anyone (here on the AMT I debate and have conversations - I figure the ones who think it's arguing just can't deal with debate very well!).
    You've got the internet debate deal down pat and you are otherwise just a quick-witted and oftentimes kind human being. (Now this may not be the thread to compliment you in, but hey, there are no rules in Agnes Fight Club. )

Oh and we have that shared 420 birthday thing.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    No
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Fact
    I choose to argue about others' observations on my argumentativeness.  :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    No

This was a favorite, as a kid

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited October 2018
    No
     I wonder how often the cops get disturbance calls over couples debating whether you're a shitty person if you eat meat?  :giggle:
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Fact
    it was a joke. i actually knew how you'd react to that word and was going to change it to 'debate' before you saw it. but i forgot. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LDN
    I’d like to buy an E please, Pat.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Fact
    it was a joke. i actually knew how you'd react to that word and was going to change it to 'debate' before you saw it. but i forgot. LOL

If that is true than you may have been right the first time!  This is a fun thread.  I hope things work out for Chaos!
  • Options
    It's a No.
  • Options
    Yes
    Ffs
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    Did she respond no? Eh, she seemed a little slow responding after one week, you can look for someone better. At least now you know. 
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    Yes
    That is too bad.  At least you know now and don’t have to think about it anymore.
  • Options
    It's a No.
    sorry to hear that dude. hope the friendship survives. 

honestly, I've been through this a few times. Hell, my wife used to be just a friend. for 10 years. she and I both became single after long term relationships, the 4 of us hung out in the same group (I'm actually still friends with her ex-he was the singer of my band). for over a year we were hanging out, just as friends. pretty much best friends, then one night, after being out at a concert, she dropped me off, and blurted out "I'm in love with you". it took me a minute to process, but here we are.happily married 14 years.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Annafalk said:
    Did she respond no? Eh, she seemed a little slow responding after one week, you can look for someone better. At least now you know. 
    she could have been wondering what it was exactly. a drunk text. a lonely text. who knows. maybe she was giving him room to have second thoughts and ignore it. or maybe she was being a twat. who knows. but it's not a slam dunk she was being a bitch like some have suggested here. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No
    It's a No.
    sorry to hear that dude. hope the friendship survives. 

honestly, I've been through this a few times. Hell, my wife used to be just a friend. for 10 years. she and I both became single after long term relationships, the 4 of us hung out in the same group (I'm actually still friends with her ex-he was the singer of my band). for over a year we were hanging out, just as friends. pretty much best friends, then one night, after being out at a concert, she dropped me off, and blurted out "I'm in love with you". it took me a minute to process, but here we are.happily married 14 years.  
    That was ballsy. Respect!
  • Options
    No
    It's a No.
    Just text her and say you were kidding, you want to go on a friend date.

Then take her bed shopping.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Yes
    It's a No.
    Damn. Sorry to hear that, man. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    At least you have an answer. Closure is always a good thing.  On to the next.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    Yes
    exactly!  Take what you learned from this experience and apply it to the next one.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    exactly!  Take what you learned from this experience and apply it to the next one.  

Did he learn he needs to fly out mcgruff10 at the start?
  • Options
    Yes
    She just didn t like Mario karts
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    Yes

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Fact
    Well since the other two things are 100% true, I had to take the 3rd point at face value!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM