Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,257
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    SD48277 said:
    Back to the original topic: has she responded?
    No. So, not head over heels crazy about the idea --  haha. 

A polite no I guess will come, or nothing at all.

But whatever I guess. Boo! Now Im off work!
    At least you know. Now on to the next!
    Still worth celebrating friday by stealing beer from the "CEO fridge" 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    ..bbiggs said:
    The dating game has become something that has surpassed my methods. Nowadays, you have to have facebook, instragram, snapchat, etc and hunt the person down on those platforms and send dumb messages back & forth for weeks, if not months before even considering hanging out in person.  I remember when that used to be called stalking.  Now it's the norm.  And face to face interaction or introducing yourself/asking out in person is considered "creepy."  Do things the old-fashioned way and you get laughed at to your face. What the fuck?
    Thank God I’m out of the dating game. This sounds awful. 
    This thread is only cementing my beliefs that I will never again be in the dating game. Potentially romantic relationships should be a bit more 'sacred' than a text - and I don't think that someone is a flower carrying grandpa because they believe in face to face communications. Mcgruff is younger than me and I'm a contemporary of the band - are they flower carrying grandpas? If so - that's what I would prefer. 

Are we going to start calling people old if they think that speaking to people or using their actual identifying information to communicate is a good thing? I'm not gonna start snapchatting people, I'd feel ridiculous doing so, and if that means I never have a date again, well I can buy myself flowers and my son will have children some day, in the future. Many years in the future. I guess if we could have phone sex back in the day, people could have snapchat sex nowadays. I remember sex, I think.    :get_outta_here:

If you ask for advice - please be nice to the people who are giving it to you. Especially the women, even if we are decrepit phone number, face to face flower  lovers. :how_interesting:
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    And here’s your damn pizza!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufSQMXLO95w
    :lol: “And here comes the pizza!” :lol::rofl: 
    I watched that game live on TV with my dad and we were howling at the replay and play by play. We both had tears running down our cheeks with our sides hurting. It was freakin hilarious because they typically don’t do that so as not to encourage bad fan behavior. I guess it was too funny to pass up?
    Wow I just saw that and it funny as hell!  I'm literally crying at work right now.  How long ago was this?
    This was one of the funniest things I have watched in a long time - I was crying too. I may have snorted at some point. The play by play guys were awesome. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,971
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:
    The dating game has become something that has surpassed my methods. Nowadays, you have to have facebook, instragram, snapchat, etc and hunt the person down on those platforms and send dumb messages back & forth for weeks, if not months before even considering hanging out in person.  I remember when that used to be called stalking.  Now it's the norm.  And face to face interaction or introducing yourself/asking out in person is considered "creepy."  Do things the old-fashioned way and you get laughed at to your face. What the fuck?
    This thread is only cementing my beliefs that I will never again be in the dating game. Potentially romantic relationships should be a bit more 'sacred' than a text - and I don't think that someone is a flower carrying grandpa because they believe in face to face communications. Mcgruff is younger than me and I'm a contemporary of the band - are they flower carrying grandpas? If so - that's what I would prefer. 

Are we going to start calling people old if they think that speaking to people or using their actual identifying information to communicate is a good thing? I'm not gonna start snapchatting people, I'd feel ridiculous doing so, and if that means I never have a date again, well I can buy myself flowers and my son will have children some day, in the future. Many years in the future. I guess if we could have phone sex back in the day, people could have snapchat sex nowadays. I remember sex, I think.    :get_outta_here:

If you ask for advice - please be nice to the people who are giving it to you. Especially the women, even if we are decrepit phone number, face to face flower  lovers. :how_interesting:
    In all seriousness, flowers go along way.  What woman doesn't love flowers? (i'm sure i am about to hear an earful lol)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

In all seriousness, flowers go along way.  What woman doesn't love flowers? (i'm sure i am about to hear an earful lol)
    I am a woman and I love flowers but I am responding to you responding to me so that must be my inability to understand how this interweb communication stuff works (even though I can write code). SC called himself a renaissance man, I don't think he really understands the meaning.  :confused:   
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    SD48277 said:

You're not drinking and sending Agnes some sort of meme/text thingy from your world wide web machine there, are you??
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

With your rules an app like Tinder would never work, because you communicate through the means of written text to eachother. before deciding to meat up.

And by your rules blinddating would never work, because the date is set up without this face to face communication that is vital.

There is not anything more sacred in going to someones front door and ask their father if one could take their daughter to the movies and be home by 11, compared to asking someone you know well by the means of a message on messanger if she would like to go on a date on halloween.

And I don't know if you missed this - but the date would still be face to face communication, just like it has been hanging out with her as a friend - we will not talk to eachother through World of Warcraft. 

And so, teens today don't sit and talk on the phone - instead they send eachother pictures and videos through out the day on snapchat. Which means they have more communications with eachother than you guys did in the 1900s with your telegrams. A picture says more than a thousand telegrams sent by t he place next to the saloon.  

There is nothing weird with talking to someone using text. And there is nothing wrong with asking out someone using text.

:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    SD48277 said:

You're not drinking and sending Agnes some sort of meme/text thingy from your world wide web machine there, are you??
    Haha, Im doing my hardest not to..

"Hey.. you.. please respond... have you listened to creatures of the night? Do you agree it was a great comeback from the flop the elder. hello? please respond. Do you hate tommy thayer too?"
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,306
    edited October 2018
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    SD48277 said:

Hmm, looks like PJ on the left screen and a possible ransom note draft on the right...don't do it! That's not what Ed meant with the lyrics to All Or None.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

With your rules an app like Tinder would never work, because you communicate through the means of written text to eachother. before deciding to meat up.

And by your rules blinddating would never work, because the date is set up without this face to face communication that is vital.

There is not anything more sacred in going to someones front door and ask their father if one could take their daughter to the movies and be home by 11, compared to asking someone you know well by the means of a message on messanger if she would like to go on a date on halloween.

And I don't know if you missed this - but the date would still be face to face communication, just like it has been hanging out with her as a friend - we will not talk to eachother through World of Warcraft. 

And so, teens today don't sit and talk on the phone - instead they send eachother pictures and videos through out the day on snapchat. Which means they have more communications with eachother than you guys did in the 1900s with your telegrams. A picture says more than a thousand telegrams sent by t he place next to the saloon.  

There is nothing weird with talking to someone using text. And there is nothing wrong with asking out someone using text.

Then you don't need us. I need to go sign up for meals by wheels and have my sciatica checked out now so have a good one. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,306
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

Whether intentional or not, your use of meat when referencing Tinder is hilarious. :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

Then you don't need us. I need to go sign up for meals by wheels and have my sciatica checked out now so have a good one. 
    I needed the poll result. Because decided that would decide what I'd do. 

And whatever the result would have been, it would have still been @mcgruff10 fault.
  • Options
    Yes
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    SD48277 said:

Hmm, looks like PJ on the left screen and a possible ransom note draft on the right...don't do it! That's not what Ed meant with the lyrics to All Or None.
      :rofl:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ha!  Rock on, nancy :rock_on:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    SD48277 said:

• Options
    Yes
    hedonist said:
    Ha!  Rock on, nancy :rock_on:
    :triumph:
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

And whatever the result would have been, it would have still been @mcgruff10 fault.
    You have to polish your delivery. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

You have to polish your delivery. 
    True. Next time, you're being flown over.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

BIG waste of money in my opinion, but sometimes ya just gotta buy the damn things to brighten up her day.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,691
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    If I really wanted to hang out with another married woman, I’d tell my wife to come along and have the woman’s husband come too. We love hanging with other couples and do it all the time. It’s a blast. Sometimes I’ll even spend more time chatting it up with the woman or women that aren’t my wife, and that’s totaly cool. The one on one thing just seems unnecessary. 
    100000000000% agree. 
    Yes. This.
    We do that too. I don't know what unnecessary means when you'rw talking about hanging with a friend. Sometimes their spouse wants to come, and sometimes they're busy. Just like with all normal married people. We don't need a scheme for how to appropriately be friends, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    ..bbiggs said:

BIG waste of money in my opinion, but sometimes ya just gotta buy the damn things to brighten up her day.
    Plants are cool. And they can be nurtured and live.
  • Options
    Yes
    I still say flowers are a great gift. I like flowers  also. Unconventional hey!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    I still say flowers are a great gift. I like flowers  also. Unconventional hey!
    :rose::rose::rose:
  • Options
    I like cactuses. Should go to IKEA and buy some more.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,597
    Yes
    I really hope that there is a message board somewhere with a new poll where Agnes is asking whether she should accept the date request.  
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,899
    Yes
    I really hope that there is a message board somewhere with a new poll where Agnes is asking whether she should accept the date request.  
    A KISS message board?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Yes
    ok who s next? Julia? Katie? Christine?
  • Options
    Yes
    That a some funny shit!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ok who s next? Julia? Katie? Christine?
    This was it.
  • Options
    Yes
    Doesn't  Sweden  have a higher ratio of women to men?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -