albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    Maybe she swiped right...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    No
    Maybe they are on a date right now....or maybe they are....
    Agnes got the text and had been waiting and hoping he'd ask. She immediatly looked at the clock decided she had enough time to make it over to his place before she'd need to hit the sack because she had to get to work early for a meeting the following day. She got in her car, dodged every red light, got to his place, walked up the steps all the while contemplating what she'd say when he answered. She finally got to the top step, took a breath and knocked. No answer. She knocked again, still no answer. She started thinking how idiotic she was for going over there and started down the steps, suddenly she hears the door open and there he is wrapped in a towel. He had just gotten out of the shower when he heard the knock at the door. He apologized for not answering sooner and explained he should have called her instead of asking her out by text. She said that's ok but it would have been nice to hear your voice on the line asking instead. 

She's currently helping him finish his shower. :)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    How did I know Soul would be in the middle mix of all of this....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    Agnes got the text and had been waiting and hoping he'd ask. She immediatly looked at the clock decided she had enough time to make it over to his place before she'd need to hit the sack because she had to get to work early for a meeting the following day. She got in her car, dodged every red light, got to his place, walked up the steps all the while contemplating what she'd say when he answered. She finally got to the top step, took a breath and knocked. No answer. She knocked again, still no answer. She started thinking how idiotic she was for going over there and started down the steps, suddenly she hears the door open and there he is wrapped in a towel. He had just gotten out of the shower when he heard the knock at the door. He apologized for not answering sooner and explained he should have called her instead of asking her out by text. She said that's ok but it would have been nice to hear your voice on the line asking instead. 

My god she can't  even get some motherflippin' flowers in a hypothetical situation where she helps him shower!?! Jesus H. Christ.

• Options
    - Can't be friends with women
    - Can't be seen with a woman
    - Showing up at a woman's door with flowers
    - Do not understand that people in 2018 text eachother

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
     The year of the dick, apparently.
  • Options
     The year of the dick, apparently.
    Which Dick? Grayson?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    edited October 2018
    No

My god she can't  even get some motherflippin' flowers in a hypothetical situation where she helps him shower!?! Jesus H. Christ.

He wasn't expecting her. He's sending to her office a potted plant as to not harm a living thing, a triple latte and a fruit basket. He is also taking her to the Kiss concert for their next date.
    Post edited by LongestRoad on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Yes

Flowers are a no go in 2018?  
    Texting is fine but I think somethings should be done in person or over the phone.  I asked my then future father in law permission to marry her daughter in person.  Is that something that is now texted?
    First date, yeah over the phone or in person, not through a text.  
    Just my .02 cents.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,106
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

Texting is fine but I think somethings should be done in person or over the phone.  I asked my then future father in law permission to marry her daughter in person.  Is that something that is now texted?
    Just my .02 cents.  
    Should I send her a link to "You Are" maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X94TE2V268Q
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:
    And here’s your damn pizza!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufSQMXLO95w
    :lol: “And here comes the pizza!” :lol::rofl: 
    I watched that game live on TV with my dad and we were howling at the replay and play by play. We both had tears running down our cheeks with our sides hurting. It was freakin hilarious because they typically don’t do that so as not to encourage bad fan behavior. I guess it was too funny to pass up?
    Wow I just saw that and it funny as hell!  I'm literally crying at work right now.  How long ago was this?
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Nothing important should be done via text..maybe I'm old school but it's just so impersonal. If your going to ask a woman out just do it face to face...its probably harder for her to say no in person rather than the easy way out on text 
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    And here’s your damn pizza!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufSQMXLO95w
    :lol: “And here comes the pizza!” :lol::rofl: 
    I watched that game live on TV with my dad and we were howling at the replay and play by play. We both had tears running down our cheeks with our sides hurting. It was freakin hilarious because they typically don’t do that so as not to encourage bad fan behavior. I guess it was too funny to pass up?
    Wow I just saw that and it funny as hell!  I'm literally crying at work right now.  How long ago was this?
    It was 2007. What a great year. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mcgruff10 said:

Just my .02 cents.  

C'mon Babe by 2 live crew would be more appropriate  ;)
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    Wma31394 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Just my .02 cents.  

Doo-doo brown. :rofl:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    The dating game has become something that has surpassed my methods. Nowadays, you have to have facebook, instragram, snapchat, etc and hunt the person down on those platforms and send dumb messages back & forth for weeks, if not months before even considering hanging out in person.  I remember when that used to be called stalking.  Now it's the norm.  And face to face interaction or introducing yourself/asking out in person is considered "creepy."  Do things the old-fashioned way and you get laughed at to your face. What the fuck?
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Just my .02 cents.  

If there is one "C'mon" song i would send - it would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjMYTRJxXOQ
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    The dating game has become something that has surpassed my methods. Nowadays, you have to have facebook, instragram, snapchat, etc and hunt the person down on those platforms and send dumb messages back & forth for weeks, if not months before even considering hanging out in person.  I remember when that used to be called stalking.  Now it's the norm.  And face to face interaction or introducing yourself/asking out in person is considered "creepy."  Do things the old-fashioned way and you get laughed at to your face. What the fuck?
    Why are you building up this narrative completely removed from reality?

People are texting in 2018.

We have "talked" regurarly on messanger since 2014... like with most other friends (male and female) I have. It is not something strange or not normal. This can not be a unique concept to all of you, flower-buying-grandpas. Or is the US so far behind in the broadband infrastructure that you still sit by your landline waiting for calls... and can't wrap your head around people chatting? :P 

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Thank God I’m out of the dating game. This sounds awful. 
  • Options

We have "talked" regurarly on messanger since 2014... like with most other friends (male and female) I have. It is not something strange or not normal. This can not be a unique concept to all of you, flower-buying-grandpas. Or is the US so far behind in the broadband infrastructure that you still sit by your landline waiting for calls... and can't wrap your head around people chatting? :P 

I just meant in general, not specific to you and Agnes.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I just meant in general, not specific to you and Agnes.
    Haha. Okey.

I think it would be more odd and stalkerish, if I took the tram to her place and asked her by the door. Than throwing it in a text message before or after I ask if she's seen the new costumes for KISS farewell tour. Haha.

But I'm a renessance man.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Do people ask for phone numbers these days? Or is that an antiquated practice? Do they just hit each other up on FB or IG and bypass the whole “I’m going to ask for her number” thing? 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Do people ask for phone numbers these days? Or is that an antiquated practice? Do they just hit each other up on FB or IG and bypass the whole “I’m going to ask for her number” thing? 
    Funny you ask that.  My one buddy (who also happens to be a die hard Cubs fan) got married last year. His wife has two sons, one started college this year, the other is a junior or senior in high school.  Last year when it was prom time, the younger one was trying to figure out plans with his girlfriend and Ed said to him "Why don't you just call her?"  His response: "I can't.  I don't have her number."
    They talk exclusively on snapchat.
  • Options
    Yes
    bbiggs said:
    Funny you ask that.  My one buddy (who also happens to be a die hard Cubs fan) got married last year. His wife has two sons, one started college this year, the other is a junior or senior in high school.  Last year when it was prom time, the younger one was trying to figure out plans with his girlfriend and Ed said to him "Why don't you just call her?"  His response: "I can't.  I don't have her number."
    They talk exclusively on snapchat.
    what the fuck?!  I still remember my childhood friends home phone numbers from 30 years ago.
    Is snapchat the one where you keep up with your streaks?  If so my daughter is obsessed with that.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is snapchat the one where you keep up with your streaks?  
    No, that's the PJ stat tracker.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Back to the original topic: has she responded?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    SD48277 said:
    No. So, not head over heels crazy about the idea --  haha. 

A polite no I guess will come, or nothing at all.

But whatever I guess. Boo! Now Im off work!
  • Options
    Yes
    SD48277 said:
    No. So, not head over heels crazy about the idea --  haha. 

A polite no I guess will come, or nothing at all.

But whatever I guess. Boo! Now Im off work!
    At least you know. Now on to the next!