Last Time A Song Made You Cry ?

Comments

• Options
    tiny chimptiny chimp Posts: 94
    :eek:
    10 minutes ago ...
    Corduroy - 03/03/03 Tokyo, Japan
  • Options
    Masters of War...sung by Eddie of course.
  • Options
    taetum19taetum19 Posts: 12
    long road.......heard it on the radio on the way to my uncles funeral. heart attack, 47 years old. time before that, long road.....9/11 televised benefit show w/ ed, mike, and neil young on piano
    how much difference does it make...
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    bob dylan's "not dark yet" has broke me down a few times.

same with "the shadowlands" by ryan adams and "fake plastic trees" by radiohead.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    While laying in my bed, i was listening to comfortably numb and a single tear came out when gilmour plays the first solo. Quite possibly one of the most beautiful songs ever.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    Dylansgirl wrote:
    Masters of War...sung by Eddie of course.

god, that gave me serious chills the first few times I heard it. not quite tears, but close.
    everything has chains
    absolutely nothing's changed
    take my hand, not my picture
    spilled my tincture...
  • Options
    "hurt" played by johnny cash - everytime i hear this song...it´s an amazing version of this song...listen to it if you don´t have already

"wishlist" because of the "word to trust and never let you down"
    i hurt myself today,
    to see if i still feel,
    i focus all the pain,
    the only thing that´s real...
  • Options
    RVM86RVM86 Posts: 76
    'I Want You' by Bob Dylan. I think its such a sweet song. I long for someone to think that of me.
    War In Iraq? Do It In My Name.
  • Options
    I shed a tear today to "Angels Wings" by Social Distortion. It reminded me of my girlfriend who lives in Chicago, while I am here in LA
    "Words and Music... My Only Tools... Communication" A. Wood
  • Options
    I will probably get deleted but the truth must be supressed sometimes I suppose....

I cannot no matter how many times I listen to it
    listen to the LYears demo with out crying.

kills me everytime, even though i know its coming...that one slays my soul.

its rough, its so beautiful ...and ed is just so ...well open and vulnerable and sincere... are the only words that I can think of off the top of my head right now to describe it but its so much more than that.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    KilloranKilloran Posts: 27
    Today, at about.. 4:30p, maybe 5p. Waiting for my connecting flight.

I got my husbands 5 cds, the only CDs out of a couple hundred we own that didn't get broken. Anyway, three of them are Pearl Jam, I put the CD in and listened to Indifference, because.. it's his favourite song, I guess.
  • Options
    AndurilAnduril Posts: 56
    omg, johnny cash's hurt, DL it at work, balling my freaking eyes out. now i cant even listent to trent b/c of him - wow when i hear him playing hurt or something i can never have - i'm crying.

pj makes me cry all the time . they are just more relavent in my life i guess - divorced, mom passed away, they just bring me back to reality too much. light years and angel :( (escpecially on my moms anni which was like three weeks ago) dont be shy, black, i am a patriot even makes me cry sometimes. and cant help falling in (out) of love....i can go on and on

glycerine makes me cry too. and sarah mclaughlins angel, and jewels angel. maybe its songs called angel? b/c i think aerosmiths when i was younger did it too. Sarah M's and jewels version gets me pretty good. i have to turn it off nearly everytime - if i sit there and really listen to them.

i'm a whiner today.
    I am the end of all your dreams...
  • Options
    AndurilAnduril Posts: 56
    btw, terrible bad thread. stay away from these....
    I am the end of all your dreams...
  • Options
    Given To Fly.

i believe eddie once said, it is about "loser's" song. i would admit i maybe a loser one time or another... but "well fockers... i still stand"...

it always get me.

it makes me cry = mad. everytime i wake up, i want and will prove to everybody, that i still stand.
    WANTED: Spare ticket of any of the following: Munich, Katowice, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf.

Please drop a private message.
  • Options
    jfmjfm Posts: 6
    ...Come Back (Verona 09/16): i was there and it's simply impossible for me to explain that moment...i felt the song in such a deep way that i started to cry without even realizing immediately...
    Just love will opens our eyes, just love will put the hope back in our minds...
  • Options
    It was a Sigur Ros song, live in Lisbon, November 05: "Vidrar vel til loftarasa". There was this sacramental silence in the crowd at the part when the music slows down like heartbeat, almost stopping, and then Jonsi sings: "The best thing God ever made was a new day". Then, the music rises again in a glorious e-bow hallelujah.
    Couldn’t help it.
    Then I noticed it was happening to most of the people around me.
    God paid a visit. It was weird.
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    Brother wrote:
    Understanding in a Car Crash by Thursday.

that one has made me cry...most recently wsa the National Anthem at the Eagles game last weekend. every time I hear it, I well up.
    as far as Pearl Jam songs--I cried when I heard Footsteps live.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    I didn't actually cry but it was a real emotional moment when the boys played Long Road into Come Back in San Diego. I was thinking of someone I really missed and is no longer around. No tears though, cause i'm dead inside.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    I didn't actually cry but it was a real emotional moment when they boys played Long Road into Come Back in San Diego. I was thinking of someone I really missed and is no longer around. No tears though, cause i'm dead inside.
    Kinda the same thing..my grandmother funeral little over a month ago... RIP granny..LONG ROAD
    grimmy
  • Options
    Just yesterday...watching Present Tense during the Letterman web cast. Present Tense and Long Road bring me to tears whenever I hear them.
    Do you see the way that tree bends?
    Does it inspire?
    Leaning out to catch the sun's rays
    A lesson to be applied
    Lollapalooza 8.5.07
    Gorge 7.22.06, 7.23.06
    Summerfest 6.29.06, 6.30.06
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    I was listening to Come Back the other night and things aren't exactly goin well in the old love life.It was funny cos I never got why that song meant so much to everyone til the other nite.

Other recent ones....Forever Young by Bob Dylan,Starlight by Muse(dunno why),Long Road by Pearl Jam,Inisde Job by Pearl Jam,Light Years by PJ,Cautioners by Jimmy Eat world.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    about twenty minutes after I listened to it I tried to fall asleep. Then the lyrics started running through my head and I started to think about how the girl I was in love with didn't give a shit about me, and was leaving for college in Seattle. I cried myself to sleep.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Other Side. Such a beautiful song.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    I didn't actually cry but it was a real emotional moment when they boys played Long Road into Come Back in San Diego. I was thinking of someone I really missed and is no longer around. No tears though, cause i'm dead inside.

Everytime I listen to that on the bootleg. It starts with that first D chord. "Ringing the bell." I wasn't there, but it still makes me cry everytime. I had a teacher that affected me like that; I know exactly what he means by, "We lost one of the good ones."
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    Black , a week ago, sometimes you just wanne cry, and can't, that song always does it for me
    Hold me, and make it the truth,...
    That when all is lost there will be you,...
    Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
    And there's just one word I stil believe
    And it's Love

29-08-06 (Arnhem)
    28-06-07 (Nijmegen)
    27-06-10 (Nijmegen)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Man of the Hour....Milan....nuff said. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    black88black88 Posts: 13
    I got Shit is one depressing song, and also brilliant
    There ain't gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    Carlos D wrote:
    I was listening to Come Back the other night and things aren't exactly goin well in the old love life.It was funny cos I never got why that song meant so much to everyone til the other nite.

Other recent ones....Forever Young by Bob Dylan,Starlight by Muse(dunno why),Long Road by Pearl Jam,Inisde Job by Pearl Jam,Light Years by PJ,Cautioners by Jimmy Eat world.
    CAUTIONERS>>>GREAT GREAT SONG!!!!!
    grimmy
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cdLSYjKpzA

I hope it works. This song hit me so hard. One night on the board, someone put this link up, and you know time passes you by and you don't even know what the day it can be...It just happened to be an anniversary of a death of an old friend. So much had happened from that time until now. I cried out loud. so I hope the link works and thank you to who posted this the 1st time.

edit---it stills work and I still cried.
    Let's Go Red Sox!