Options

Last Time A Song Made You Cry ?

PHILATIO49PHILATIO49 Posts: 14
For me it was "Around The Bend" . On the way home the other day I had it on, and thoughts of my mother and daughter flooded my head as the lyrics buffeted and wrenched a few painful tears from my eyes.
"Music washes the dust from every day life."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mine was today after I heard the news of Pat Tillman dying. I thre in Off he Goes. So sad.
    im messed
  • Options
    soapyrowssoapyrows Posts: 235
    watching 'black' on live at the garden, and eddie holds that note forever and everyone cheers, and omg it's so good :D
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
  • Options
    Mad MohabMad Mohab Posts: 310
    moth was touching after christmas at home
  • Options
    Soon forget -- listened to it after my uncle died and it always reminds me of him (even though the song has no relavance to him, its the overall tone of the song)
    Who are we? Who we are.
  • Options
    peachykeenpeachykeen NY Posts: 108
    yellowledbetter......made me think of all my friends in the service right now and the death toll in iraq still rising just gotta keep faith
    *If I had known then what I know now*

199xxx
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    well it didn't make me cry, but Gary Jules' "Mad World" is pretty intense.
    It is a Tears For Fears cover (they rock), and it is from the "Donnie Darko" soundtrack.

Great song, great lyrics.
  • Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    Black - a few weeks ago
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    I was driving my car and listening to Jones Beach 2, 2000. Daughter/It's Ok (the one on TB2K) made me cry... as it usually does.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
    Down to the bits that I left uptown
    I need a fix cause I'm going down
  • Options
    Present Tense.

A friend of mine died in Iraq a few weeks ago and I was driving to the service and it came on.

I went through two stages of crying though. The first was sorrow and then eventually happiness. It was my own 5 minute emotional trek that I'll never forget.
    The Choice Is Up To You.

"You have the control. They've given it to you and they're scared to death you'll realize it. Don't waste the chance"
  • Options
    When I heard Limp Turdkit cover Behind blue eyes. I threw myself out of the window, but it was only like 4 foot up.
  • Options
    nicoolnicool Posts: 89
    just miss my dad more then anything in the world... this song remind me of him cuz i had it playing when i received the cal lfrom hell
    You sheltered me from nothing but the weather...
  • Options
    kimsukimsu Posts: 6
    The short but very effective "Untitled" song from Pearl Jam's 2000 tour CD. Not only did I play it for my best friend who moved away but everytime I hear it, it reminds me of love.
  • Options
    yohnsonyohnson Posts: 5
    Black is pretty intense. PJ's music has driven me to tears on numerous occassions. It's obvious that Eddie writes from his heart if it has that much effect on all of us.
    To myself I ... surrender
    To the one I'll never please ...
  • Options
    i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    I cry everytime I hear Jeremy. This band's compassion and sincerety are what drew me to them. Great beliefs and causes bless their spirits.
  • Options
    black_starblack_star Posts: 2
    "softer, softest" by hole... didn't realize why
    I'm on a Tightrope, baby, nine miles high
    Striding through the clouds
    On my ribbon in the sky
    I'm on a tightrope baby,
    One thing I've found,
    I don't know how to stop but it's
    A long long long long way down

• Options
    onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285
    Not in a while....but most recently...

Joe Firstman - Secondhand Grave

The part where he sings..."its me.....its me...."

Gets me every time....;)
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • Options
    Maple JarMaple Jar Posts: 3
    Walking the Cow...really touches me.
    I aint talking shit, just telling the truth.
  • Options
    escarinaescarina Posts: 44
    yesterday, on cave by muse
    How can I be free with what's locked inside of me?
  • Options
    idvedderidvedder Missouri Posts: 27
    "rooster" by alice in chains made me cry the other day...reminds me too much of what our soldiers are facing over there..
    St. Louis, 2003; Kansas City, 2010; Alpine Valley 1&2 2011; Wrigley Field, 2013; OKC, 2013; St. Louis, 2014; Memphis, 2014
  • Options
    ListlessListless Posts: 37
    well I cry almost every time i hear Creep,to me that's probably the best love song ever!especialy becouse there is no mention of the word "love" but somehow the part "I Wish I was special your so f'ckin special..."just says it all doesn't it?
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
    "I may be drunk but at least I'm not insane."
    "I don't have a drinking problem 'Cept when I can't get a drink."
    "There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk"
    -Tom Waits
  • Options
    dadowdstadadowdsta Posts: 15
    "Man of the Hour" always gets me teary eyed. Great song.
  • Options
    INVDDRLUSTINVDDRLUST Posts: 80
    Just saw Willie Nelson at the Santa Barbara Bowl, he played the guitar intro to Hotel California and it was so awesome just knowing he is 71 years old and STILL out there doing what he loves, made me think of Waylon and Johnny Cash, made me cry...
    "Justice cannot be for one side alone but must be for both" Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Options
    releaseNYreleaseNY In my private universe Posts: 153
    release pretty much makes me cry every time i listen to it... just from the sheer intensity of the song. i am overwhelmed with joy and sadness at how powerful it is.

other than that, "pictures of you" by the cure is a total weeper. can't even keep myself from getting teary hearing it on the h-p commercials.
    you paid to get in, you're free to leave.
  • Options
    woodywoody Posts: 1
    that would be the nin cover hurt by johnny cash.....fuck I never cry but i really getted emotional when i hear that song :)
    -< PJ come to Holland!!!! >-
  • Options
    Originally posted by woody
    that would be the nin cover hurt by johnny cash.....fuck I never cry but i really getted emotional when i hear that song :)

Yeah, Johnny Cash's version really gets to me evrytime I listen to it.
    "This is a public service annowncement... with guitars!!"
  • Options
    jodijodi Posts: 183
    man of the hour.
    just after watching big fish..
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • Options
    INVDDRLUSTINVDDRLUST Posts: 80
    Oh yes, Johnny Cash's version of Hurt...

"you could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you hurt ..."
    "...everyone I know goes away in the end..."
    "Justice cannot be for one side alone but must be for both" Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Options
    brandonsmombrandonsmom Posts: 19
    Gravedigger by Dave Mathews, Because I had to bury my own baby. :(
    I am a bear of little brain and long words bother me. WTP
  • Options
    BrotherBrother Posts: 63
    Understanding in a Car Crash by Thursday.
  • Options
    johnnytymejohnnytyme Posts: 3
    Although it does not wet my eyes on every listen, Release consistently delivers strong thoughts or emotions, usually resonating from Vedder's confessional voice and into my mind. The line, "release me" is sung so beautifully by Eddie and can be interpreted in many different ways, which makes the song feel so special. His emotion here is especially poignant. Best and most underrated Pearl Jam song in my opinion, because it means so much to Eddie.