Options

Last Time A Song Made You Cry ?

Comments

• Options
    November 21, 1997 at Phish's first night of a two night stand in Hampton, VA. Slave to the Traffic Light tore me up and down inside. I had a lot of thoughts running through my head during the jam about personal stuff and wound up shedding a couple of tears when the song reached the climax. I smile deep down inside every time I listen to the tapes of that show but never recreated the monent to the point of crying again.

That was a hell of a night.

As for a Pearl Jam moment where I cried, there were a lot back through high school asmy first experiences of love sculpted my heart. One moment in particular, far after those days though, was the Randall's Island show in NY several years ago. During Alive, right at one of the choruses, a person who was far up in the crowd stood up on someone's hands and threw their arms up in the air. With the white lights shining out over the crowd and the silhouette of the person standing on their friend's hands, it looked just like the stick figure. Nothing sad about it or anything but one of those moments where you kinda got that happy lump in your throat.
    "Each betrayal begins with trust."
  • Options
    E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    eden wrote:
    Then this ones for you my friend ;)

My Way -

And now, the end is near;
    And so I face the final curtain.
    My friend, I’ll say it clear,
    I’ll state my case, of which I’m certain.

I’ve lived a life that’s full.
    I’ve traveled each and ev’ry highway;
    And more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
    But then again, too few to mention.
    I did what I had to do
    And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
    Each careful step along the byway,
    But more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I’m sure you knew
    When I bit off more than I could chew.
    But through it all, when there was doubt,
    I ate it up and spit it out.
    I faced it all and I stood tall;
    And did it my way.

I’ve loved, I’ve laughed and cried.
    I’ve had my fill; my share of losing.
    And now, as tears subside,
    I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
    And may I say - not in a shy way,
    No, oh no not me,
    I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
    If not himself, then he has naught.
    To say the things he truly feels;
    And not the words of one who kneels.
    The record shows I took the blows -
    And did it my way!

What a great song. Gives me the chills when I hear Sinatra sing that song live
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Options
    Light Years also reminds me about of a special person as it does for eddie
  • Options
    bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
    David Bowie - Five Years

weird, isnt it?

I guess I was just feeling shitty...
    The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
  • Options
    Thumbing My Way makes me cry everytime.
    so beautiful and sad.
    poor eddie...
    Good-bye for now.
  • Options
    BradassBradass Posts: 88
    The last time a song made me cry was when Pink Floyd were playing Wish You Were Here at live 8, and the camera zoomed out and there were pictures of SYD in the background.

As for pearl jam, when I was reading about the kid that Jeremy was based on, Jeremy came on totally randomly and i just cried.
    One time I was trying to print a picture of me so I could give it to a friend to cheer him up after he was diagnosed with cancer, but the printer jammed, and my friend died.
  • Options
    moemoe Posts: 2
    "and the barrell waves, trigger shakes. aimed at my fucking head" State of Love and Trust
  • Options
    porch4279porch4279 Posts: 2
    I've always liked the song Light Years, but since my grandfather's passing in November, I cannot listen to the song without crying. It just makes me think of what a wonderful man he was and how much I miss him.
  • Options
    porch4279porch4279 Posts: 2
    Hey, I'm new here and thought I'd reply to this post. I've always liked the song Light Years, but since my grandfather's passing in November, I cannot listen to the song without crying. It just makes me think of what a wonderful man he was and how much I miss him.

Chrissy
  • Options
    Im gonna say Man of the Hour is a pretty emotional one and along with that i think Chloe Dancer- Crown of Thorns by Mother Love Bone is a pretty emotional one. Oh and Hungerstrike by Temple of the Dog made me shiver with Cornell and Vedder's vocals.
    "Ok... if I smoke a joint Pittsburgh will soon be my favorite place on the planet. Somebody throw up a lighter come on. Ok we got the lighter. And this is a Marlboro Light, what kind of fucker..."
    -EV

http://www.petitiononline.com/keeppens/petition.html
    HELP KEEP THE PENS IN PITTSBURGH
  • Options
    kasiekasie Posts: 26
    On New Years Eve one time all of my friends and I put on ALive at midnight and screamed it at the top of our lungs while drinking bubbly. Everytime I hear that song it brings a tear to my eye, but a good cry.

Anything by Jeff Buckley
  • Options
    Off he Goes... Pearl Jam
    Non Pearl Jam...Wish You Were Here
    It doesnt hurt.... when I bleed
    but memories...they eat me
    I've seen it all before,...
    bring it on cause I'm no victim.
    -Ghost
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    Oceans. Nearly every day.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    When I heard Limp Turdkit cover Behind blue eyes. I threw myself out of the window, but it was only like 4 foot up.

LMAO!! It also sounds horrifying when Bryan Adams sings it on live at royal albert hall(the whos benefit concertdvd)
    Questions rise and answers fall,... insurmountable.
  • Options
    Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482
    a poet wrote:
    Off he Goes... Pearl Jam
    Non Pearl Jam...Wish You Were Here

Off he goes is such an amazing song, its also very touching.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Every time I hear MOTH I cry. It is my song for my Dad. He died in January this year, and he was one of those people that was bigger then life. He was fun and well loved by everyone who ever met him. I miss him more each day that he is gone from this earth.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    lovin kindlovin kind Posts: 268
    the dance album has many tunes that make me cry
    thanks to everyone who can read what i write without having to say something mean
  • Options
    Release always gets to me.....
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
  • Options
    Release and Black...and lately Dead Man
    6/3/06 East Rutherford
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    6/19/08 Camden
    6/20/08 Camden
    6/22/08 DC
    6/25/08 MSG
    8/4/08 EV NYC
    8/5/08 EV NYC
    8/7/08 EV Newark
  • Options
    Footsteps from Lost Dogs because of the line "I have scratches all over my arms, one for each day since I feel apart" because it was actually true for me...
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    eric clapton -wonderful tonight
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Tom-JoadTom-Joad Posts: 17
    The version of Paradise that Springsteen is playing on the current tour does the trick. Also, seeing him perform For You solo on Piano in Madrid got the tears running. I guess it depends on when and where you'll listen to a song. There's a number of songs that, at one time or another, got me really emotional.
    There's also a strange that happens to me. I wrote a song about a car crash that killed four friends of mine about five years ago. Anyway, when my band practises it on rehearsals it doesn't get to me at all but when we play it live I just feel like shit.
  • Options
    just listened to long road...........sat there and actually listened.

I don't see how anyone can't shed a tear to that beautiful song.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    There are a billion Pearl Jam songs that just bring me to tears. Release has recently gotten me, and the live version of Yellow Ledbetter on the Pearl Jam Live at the Garden DVD, where Vedder improvs with words of his brother dying.
  • Options
    lovin kindlovin kind Posts: 268
    the dance has about four tunes where i was holding back tears so i preety much consider that crying it was about a week ago
    thanks to everyone who can read what i write without having to say something mean
  • Options
    IampatriotIampatriot Posts: 87
    Release on 9/28/04 at the Fleet Center. I hadn't seen the guys for 4 years and this is what they opened with and it felt like I had arrived home after a very very long time and I was happy. Before that the National Anthem got me every single time all fall and into the winter after 9/11 every time I watched a baseball or football game. Still does every once in a while (usually when I see it live at a game).
    I will feel....alive....as long as I'm freeeeeeee...
  • Options
    TAPS - every year, 15 minutes till green flag, Memorial Sunday, from my seat in the fourth turn of the Indy 500. It gets me every time I hear it, as well it should.
    Captain Corruption - Your OG alternative classic no formula cutting edge hard core M.C. Bringing you the beautiful moods of relaxing industrial top forty country jazz and techno mozart.
    http://captaincorruption.blogspot.com/
    http://www.captaincorruption.com
  • Options
    Gimme Some Truth...at the '03 Phoenix Show...was dealing with feelings of the Elections at the time...
    I don't question our existence.
    I just question our modern needs.
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    technically the last song was pink floyd - comfortably numb (the pulse-version)
    last pj song... release. not sure why, but every time i listen to it it just really strikes a nerve.. but i guess i'm not the only one.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    needle and the damage done (Neil Young)

last week...aaah.

FOOTSTEPS
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.