Options

Last Time A Song Made You Cry ?

Comments

• Options
    Just last week, I was visiting my friend's gravesite (as I had mentioned in a thread before). The entire time, Garden was playing in my head. I sat at her stone and cried for a good hour.
    DROP THE LEASH!
  • Options
    The Simpsons theme song!!!!

I allways get that excited!!!!
    And a friend who has it and loose it, is worse than my light and my mirror, and my friend yes my friend, he is my friend and he'll be happy i hope he'll be happy and so happy, please let him be happy just him...at least him...at least...yes at least.... You know what at least means fuck at least him let him sleep its just fuckin' night time.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    The fourth song off a Bjork CD, the moodiness of it. The CD with the black and white cover, just came out recently. I will always love you by the cure could put me to tears, too.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Sandy Denny - "Who Knows Where The Time Goes?"

There's an acoustic version she did. Perhaps it was from a Peel session, I'm not sure. I have it on mp3. I can never listen to it without weeping.
  • Options
    Patty Griffin's "Long Ride Home": (scene: husband just buried his wife)

Forty years go by with someone laying in your bed
    Forty years of things you say you wished you'd never said
    How hard would it have been to say some kinder words instead?
    I wonder as I stare up at the sky turning red

I've had some time to think about it
    And watch the sun sink like a stone
    I've had some time to think about you
    On the long ride home
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    Preaching the end of the world and when im down - Chris Cornell

...last night :(
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    How to make Gravy - Paul Kelly

A wonderful, moving song by Australia's greatest songwriter. Story of a man writing to his brother from prison, just days before Christmas and how he knows he fucked up and how much he's going to miss the big Christmas roast (tradition, despite being 95-100 degrees on Christmas Day) with the whole family.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    rybesrybes Posts: 136
    i tear up everytime i hear black live, such a great song
  • Options
    Black always puts a lump in my throat. There's just something about the way Ed delivers the 'I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....' part that gets me really emotional
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, i know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky."
  • Options
    miskinmiskin Posts: 278
    im sad to say it but a nirvana song was the last song to make me cry... on the day of kurts death in 1994.

all apologies.

(im not even a huge nirvana fan btw)
    myspace.com/airstriponeuk
  • Options
    This song you might know of called present tense. this song is soooo damn powerful it made a few tears come to my eyes. not out of sadness but of pure joy that only pearljam can influence. I fuckin love this song. it works you up slowly and then hits you at just the right time. anyone else have this feeling gimme a shout.
    Fuck me if i say somthing you dont want to hear,
    Fuck me if you only hear whats in your head.
    Fuck me if you can, coz im not leaving here.
  • Options
    ...thought of a girl who was once my world....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    well...i am a fairly sappy/emotional person to begin with...so doesn't take much. boston night 2 - pj playing man of the hour. man - the tears flowed.
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    fatal did it to me a couple nights ago.. just feeling like ive thrown everything away and feeling like im never gonna be able to get any of it back
  • Options
    Off He Goes gets me sometimes... just a sad song.
    Whatever floats your boat dude...
  • Options
    Today actually 'Blowin' in the Wind', it always gets me
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    it's only happened a couple of times to me. last year or the year before, i got home after xmas with the family and played beck's 'guess i'm doing fine' and i just lost it. i think i felt alone all of a sudden and it just hit me. i guess i wasn't doing fine, afterall. man, that album(sea change) has some sad tracks on it. but i rarely cry from music.
    ...caught a bolt of lightning, cursed the day he let it go...
  • Options
    jboelhowjboelhow Posts: 170
    Right now it is Tim McGraw's "Live like you were dying".
    Live the life you dream

"Cause I can't wait to figure out what's wrong with me
    So I can say this is the way I use to be" -- John Mayer
  • Options
    It's not PJ related but this summer when Phish played their last show and played Slave to the Traffic Light as their last song I cried and cried off and on for several days afterwards.
  • Options
    Man of the Hour

I was driving home the other day, and realized............this song describes what my fathers passing (pray to the creator MANY MANY years from now) will be like.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    'Present Tense' and 'Black' at Boston II this year. Though 'I Got Shit' has been making me all misty eyed as of late too.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Any song can strike up an emotion in you that will leave you in tears, for joy, sadness, anything. It could be one line of "Black" or and entire song. The point is that it touched you the same way it touched the person who created it. Whatever it takes to get you through the day is what's gonna make those emotions flow. Love it, it's why we love music.
    when you feel you have nothing else-play PEARL JAM
    29-july-92 Cleveland (loves me some mudslides)
    16-aug-92 Pittsburgh
    21-aug-00 Columbus (Sonic Youth baby)
    24-jun-03 Columbus
  • Options
    I was listening to black yesterday, but the version at the end "WE, WE BELONG TOGETHER".. and for some reason that made me start getting the tears..

Before that, for some reason All those yesterdays were Lol... sounds abit weird now, but sometimes was clicking with that song :P
    She said to me, over the phone...She wanted to see other people... I thought:
    "Well then, look around, they're everywhere"
    Said that she was confused... I thought:
    "Darling, join the club"
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Masters of War, PJ version, when I re-watched the Washington VFC.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Goodbye blue sky by pink floyd. On 9/11/01
    "so this is how liberty ends, with thunderous applause"
  • Options
    Man of the Hour at the 2nd Boston show this year. I was holding my gf and then it just started and i couldnt stop.
    Hatford '96 Albany '03 Boston 1 '98 Uniondale '03
    8/29/00 8/30/00 Boston 1, 2, 3 '03 Boston 1, 2 '04
    Montreal '05 Ottawa '05 Albany '06 Hartford '06
    Boston 1, 2 '06 Columbia, SC '08 Virginia Beach '08 Camden 1, 2 '08 Washington D.C. '08 Hartford '08
    Boston 1, 2 '08
  • Options
    ValVal Posts: 4
    Black because it remind me a friend who died in car the last summer and when my brother introduced me to him , he said that he was the fan of PJ (like me).

Man of the Hour for the lyrics...it's so...(And the doors are open now as the bells are ringing out
    Cause the man of the hour is taking his final bow
    Goodbye for now.)

Also Off he goes and Immortality, I don't have a reason but sometimes these songs can be so sad.
    I Wish I Was The Verb To Trust And Never Let You Down - Pearl Jam Wishlist
  • Options
    Ed's sad little face during Thumbing My Way at the HOB 2003 show always gets to me.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Light years and Last Kiss make me cry...

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    "Thumbing my way" I was at home, alone and thinking how sad is this song..