Options

Mollie Tibbetts

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,305
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

Her views are well known, but still an illegal killed her.  Her opinions did not mean anything to that animal.
    Stephen Craig Paddock was an American citizen. He shot and killed 58 people last year. That animal. 
    I never understood the argument you are trying to have. Yeah this guy was an illegal immigrant who murdered someone, why the need to bring up a white murderer? Did anyone ever say he wasn’t an animal ?

This flew over your head? Really? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    unsung said:

Her views are well known, but still an illegal killed her.  Her opinions did not mean anything to that animal.
    Stephen Craig Paddock was an American citizen. He shot and killed 58 people last year. That animal. 

He was also a "responsible" gun owner. Until he wasn't.
    We should make a thread for every person who gets murdered on a daily basis in this country. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

I never understood the argument you are trying to have. Yeah this guy was an illegal immigrant who murdered someone, why the need to bring up a white murderer? Did anyone ever say he wasn’t an animal ?

No I just dislike your argument.  Illegal immigrant murders so we have to bring up something bad that a white person did. Instead of discussing the actual issue most of you jumped on the op and questioned his intentions even though you know whay they are. He s obviously bringing up immigration reform and stronger borders as using this as an example just like all of us do when making points about things we feel strongly about. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,633
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

No I just dislike your argument.  Illegal immigrant murders so we have to bring up something bad that a white person did. Instead of discussing the actual issue most of you jumped on the op and questioned his intentions even though you know whay they are. He s obviously bringing up immigration reform and stronger borders as using this as an example just like all of us do when making points about things we feel strongly about. 
    So according to the OP’s subsequent posts, the repube farm owner should be jailed and his business shuttered, right? Further, I don’t recall the OP starting a thread bemoaning illegal immigration or expressing concern for the victim until the victim was found dead and allegedly killed by someone here illegally. Why is that? I asked and didn’t get an answer. It makes me wonder though how the OP feels about Mollie’s “I hate white people” tweet and which side he falls on in the context of her tweet and the reaction it elicited on alt-right websites like The Daily Stormer? I won’t link it because I won’t help promote such complete garbage but feel free to google it. And I really would like the OP to explain what his motivation was, since he waited until she was found dead, and explain it. Otherwise, the OP should stop complaining about, “being misunderstood.” I expect a 3-5 word response, which proves the OP “won” or a stupid meme.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I thought there was uncertainty as to whether he was illegal.  Not that this should matter to the Tibbets family.  Not that anyone in these arguments really cares about them, anyway.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,749
    OnWis97 said:
    I thought there was uncertainty as to whether he was illegal.  Not that this should matter to the Tibbets family.  Not that anyone in these arguments really cares about them, anyway.
    Obviously, those close to the family would care hugely, those who know them more causally would probably have some strong feelings and their community in general would feel closer to the situation but, yeah, outside that it's just the makings of another true crime story.  And people really eat that stuff up.  We can't keep all those mass market true crimes in books at my wife's store in stock.  Ann Rule especially.

Now, true or not, add to one of those stories the word "alien", modifying that work with the highly flammable adjective "illegal", and you have spontaneous combustion.  It's an instant seller before the first chapter is done.  And for those who get agitated by even the mere suggestion of "illegal aliens going on a killing spree", it becomes a catalyst and excuse for even more hate.  Suddenly, using the credit card to donate to The Wall becomes an impulse buy.  Add to that, you know the hard core outliers want to start planning a confrontation. 

We are at the peak of social drama.  The masses are erupting in either tears and clenched fists. 

Most strange of all:  for most of us it's all just words and images on an electronic device.  I've known only known a few murdered people.  The most "dramatic" was a death by house being set on fire.  It made the 6 o'clock news splash.  But knowing the person, all of the sudden the news is irrelevant. It gives one some perspective, that's for darned sure.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I do not know the accused background ... but honestly what makes a person want to kill, especially for absolutely no reason.  This seems like a trait that primarily affects humans ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,749
    I do not know the accused background ... but honestly what makes a person want to kill, especially for absolutely no reason.  This seems like a trait that primarily affects humans ... 
    Seems I've read that some primates besides humans are occasionally violent for no reason like some humans are.  Outside of primates though, I can't think of any. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    All sorts of animals commit all sorts of violence, humans are not alone in murder, not even close.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

So, a poster who literally admitted to fearing white genocide posts a blatantly obvious attempt to capitalise on xenophobia in step with an obvious right wing media pattern of drilling for fear to enact extremist right wing policy, and you think the people who point out his hypocrisy and selective outrage are the ones who have a problem? 
    That's effed.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

Isn't the actual issue that people (men mainly) murder.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    rgambs said:
    All sorts of animals commit all sorts of violence, humans are not alone in murder, not even close.
    Why even bring up animals in this thread? They can't be blamed for anything, they can't understand and reflect upon their actions.
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    rgambs said:
    Why even bring up animals in this thread? They can't be blamed for anything, they can't understand and reflect upon their actions.
    I was just responding to the age old myth of humans being the only species that murders.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,307
    He killed he should pay the price here in our courts send him to jail for life .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited August 2018
    Immigrant = animal
    White mass murderer = troubled

And call me when one of these national abduction/missing/murder stories doesnt involve a white girl. Ever seen one involving a black girl, or a guy for that matter?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    Can being a killer just by itself be called an animal.

Or do you need to combine it with "immigrant" for it to be "an animal" for some people?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

You’ve missed the point yet again, professor. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    edited August 2018
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

So, a poster who literally admitted to fearing white genocide posts a blatantly obvious attempt to capitalise on xenophobia in step with an obvious right wing media pattern of drilling for fear to enact extremist right wing policy, and you think the people who point out his hypocrisy and selective outrage are the ones who have a problem? 
    That's effed.
    Has he actually admitted to fearing white genocide (I honestly don't know)?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

That's effed.
    Has he actually admitted to fearing white genocide (I honestly don't know)?
    Come on man. Go back and read Unsung’s post history before commenting on any more of his threads. 

Context is everything. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,114
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

That's effed.
    Why is every post about the poster instead of the topic? This could have been an actual discussion but the AMT attack dogs pounced because of the poster.

I guess we can discuss anything anymore. It’s all just bitching and fighting and yelling at the poster.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

That's effed.
    Why is every post about the poster instead of the topic? This could have been an actual discussion but the AMT attack dogs pounced because of the poster.

I guess we can discuss anything anymore. It’s all just bitching and fighting and yelling at the poster.
    Why?

Because:

• Options
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

That's effed.

What actual discussion could be had on this topic?? Seriously.
    There are already threads for every possible angle to this OP, aside from the thread that would be titled 'Stoking the fire of xenophobia for conservative votes'.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

I have rethought my position................ calling a human an animal is offensive to animals, I prefer animals over a lot of humans.... my German Shepard was the coolest dude ever

• Options
    my2hands said:

I have rethought my position................ calling a human an animal is offensive to animals, I prefer animals over a lot of humans.... my German Shepard was the coolest dude ever

I don't doubt yours was a cool dude, but I've been violently attacked by 3 times as many German Shepherds as humans.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife said:
    my2hands said:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/08/21/29-year-old-abducted-in-south-baltimore/

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/13-year-old-said-she-was-abducted-on-her-way-to-school-stabbed-her-abductor-to-get-away

https://nypost.com/2018/06/15/girl-abducted-by-stranger-tells-cops-monster-took-me/

https://idahostatejournal.com/news/local/state-issues-alert-for-teen-girl-missing-from-billings/article_51fe1883-0a45-502d-88f7-1342061abde2.html

https://patch.com/maryland/silverspring/police-seek-young-girl-missing-silver-spring

it happens daily.... everywhere... all of the time.... but we all know who Mollie is nationally, and are discussing her here now because of why I wonder? this case was regional and became national as soon as the perp was undocumented, how is this not obvious? its feeding a xenophobic fever spreading across this country and a lot of the globe right now, that's why we all know who this poor girl was

there are approximately 17,000 murders annually in the USA, how many victims can you name?

drilling for fear, keeps the job simple 

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/video/3905640-fbi-joins-iowa-officials-search-for-missing-student-mollie-tibbetts/

National before she was found. 
    maybe its just me but I don't consider CBSlocal News as national news. 
    This is philly. She went missing in Iowa. Sheesh. 
    1. adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun]
    National means relating to the whole of a country or nation rather than to part of it or to other nations.

while yes this story was showed in Philly, it was a local news station in philly.  what that means is that the only people who saw that report were people in Philly.  now if was CBS news and hence seen by everyone in the country then yes I would consider that national news. 

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,048
    edited August 2018
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

I don't doubt yours was a cool dude, but I've been violently attacked by 3 times as many German Shepherds as humans.
    You meet a German Shepard who attack you in the morning, you've met a German Shepard who attacked you.

You meet German Shepards who attack you all day...

:P 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    fife said:
    fife said:
    my2hands said:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/08/21/29-year-old-abducted-in-south-baltimore/

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/13-year-old-said-she-was-abducted-on-her-way-to-school-stabbed-her-abductor-to-get-away

https://nypost.com/2018/06/15/girl-abducted-by-stranger-tells-cops-monster-took-me/

https://idahostatejournal.com/news/local/state-issues-alert-for-teen-girl-missing-from-billings/article_51fe1883-0a45-502d-88f7-1342061abde2.html

https://patch.com/maryland/silverspring/police-seek-young-girl-missing-silver-spring

it happens daily.... everywhere... all of the time.... but we all know who Mollie is nationally, and are discussing her here now because of why I wonder? this case was regional and became national as soon as the perp was undocumented, how is this not obvious? its feeding a xenophobic fever spreading across this country and a lot of the globe right now, that's why we all know who this poor girl was

there are approximately 17,000 murders annually in the USA, how many victims can you name?

drilling for fear, keeps the job simple 

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/video/3905640-fbi-joins-iowa-officials-search-for-missing-student-mollie-tibbetts/

National before she was found. 
    maybe its just me but I don't consider CBSlocal News as national news. 
    This is philly. She went missing in Iowa. Sheesh. 
    1. adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun]
    National means relating to the whole of a country or nation rather than to part of it or to other nations.

while yes this story was showed in Philly, it was a local news station in philly.  what that means is that the only people who saw that report were people in Philly.  now if was CBS news and hence seen by everyone in the country then yes I would consider that national news. 

There’s a thing called the wire. And it’s not the HBO show set in Baltimore. It’s a news aggregate service that transmits a story to every newsroom in America, whether radio, tv or newsprint. If a story makes the wire, there’s a good chance most of America hears about it. Maybe not the day it happens but within the week. The Sunday paper is full of “filler.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

So would this be a case of a law abiding illegal immigrant until he wasn’t?
    LOL. touche gruffy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:

So would this be a case of a law abiding illegal immigrant until he wasn’t?
    LOL. touche gruffy. 
    Yea, kind of like the legal, illegal repube owned business that hired him because I’m certain he never previously hired illegals, right?

Brilliantati©