Options

Mollie Tibbetts

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:

“The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans,” said Mollie Tibbetts' father. “As far as I’m concerned, they’re Iowans with better food.” https://t.co/T1xFYhI8GV

They do have awesome food.

I've said it elsewhere on these forums: we are going to the Gorge this weekend for DMB. I will be getting my fill of Mexican food while doing so. There are so many mom and pop outfits in northern Washington with hard working, family oriented people serving the public. Prices are very fair and portions are very generous.

We have our favourites and will be revisiting.
    just don't park near his bus. 
    While I did a boat tour of Chicago last week our tour guide told a rather interesting story about one of dmb s tour busses. Is that what you are talking about?

800 pounds of human waste. 
    Which is what live DMB is worth the last decade or so

Dave & Tim is amazing however, isn't that interesting?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

“The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans,” said Mollie Tibbetts' father. “As far as I’m concerned, they’re Iowans with better food.” https://t.co/T1xFYhI8GV

I've said it elsewhere on these forums: we are going to the Gorge this weekend for DMB. I will be getting my fill of Mexican food while doing so. There are so many mom and pop outfits in northern Washington with hard working, family oriented people serving the public. Prices are very fair and portions are very generous.

While I did a boat tour of Chicago last week our tour guide told a rather interesting story about one of dmb s tour busses. Is that what you are talking about?

i haven't listened to DMB since Crash, and have never seen them live. don't care to. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    mcgruff10 said:

Yup.

And you've given me an idea for a kids' book: Scruffy Goes to Chicago.

It'll be if the pop up variety. I'll think about the plot later when I'm biking, but the tour you went on will comprise some of the rising action... Lou's will serve as a foreshadowing event... you crapping your pants will be the height of the action... Eddie giving you a hug while you eat cotton candy in your new Russell sweats will be the sweet and pleasant ending!

Yes!!! I love it.  Would you autograph a copy for me?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

i haven't listened to DMB since Crash, and have never seen them live. don't care to. 
    You two guys suck.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yup.

And you've given me an idea for a kids' book: Scruffy Goes to Chicago.

It'll be if the pop up variety. I'll think about the plot later when I'm biking, but the tour you went on will comprise some of the rising action... Lou's will serve as a foreshadowing event... you crapping your pants will be the height of the action... Eddie giving you a hug while you eat cotton candy in your new Russell sweats will be the sweet and pleasant ending!

Yes!!! I love it.  Would you autograph a copy for me?

Yup.

I'll even let you write a foreword for the book. Of course, I'll have to edit it, but no big whoop.

• Options
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You two guys suck.
    Dave & Tim don't suck, sign me up anytime

DMB, I might turn down a free ticket nowadays
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You two guys suck.
    Dave & Tim don't suck, sign me up anytime

DMB, I might turn down a free ticket nowadays
    This enrages me.
  • Options
    Call the fiddler, he'll help you relax 

lol
  • Options
    Addendum: DMB @ The Gorge is a different discussion. Saw PJ there in 2005 and loved it. I'm sure the labor day weekend tradition is a pretty special thing to attend
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Addendum: DMB @ The Gorge is a different discussion. Saw PJ there in 2005 and loved it. I'm sure the labor day weekend tradition is a pretty special thing to attend
    Okay I'm not so enraged now that you've said something nice about Dave Matthews Band.
  • Options
    Never forget why Unsung started this thread.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Yeah no doubt an immigrant killed an American citizen so all immigrants are evil they need to be stomped out like an infestation...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yeah no doubt an immigrant killed an American citizen so all immigrants are evil they need to be stomped out like an infestation...

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited August 2018
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Don't, even if the tickets are free. That happened to me once, and it fucking sucked! And that was way more than a decade ago... I guess they always sucked, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Don't, even if the tickets are free. That happened to me once, and it fucking sucked! And that was way more than a decade ago... I guess they always sucked, lol.
    I used to live in Charlottesville and almost every Tuesday I could walk the 1/2 mile from my house to Trax and see DMB for $5.
    Back then the songs were 5 minutes long not 15.
    I could  occasionally run into Dave while shopping or out to dinner.
    It was fun and even exciting when they got big.
    I would never go see DMB now. Maybe Dave and Tim but not DMB too many damn fratbros.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I used to live in Charlottesville and almost every Tuesday I could walk the 1/2 mile from my house to Trax and see DMB for $5.
    I would never go see DMB now. Maybe Dave and Tim but not DMB too many damn fratbros.
    Ha. Yeah, I used to go to this bar where Michael Buble performed every Wednesday, also for a $5 cover charge... I really enjoyed it, but will also never buy a Michael Buble ticket, lol. And I ran into him at the neighborhood mall also, after he was world famous, since he still lives near me - my ex happened to have met him before through his job in radio, so we chatted. Nice guy (and still better than DMB music-wise, haha). We were all out shopping for Christmas gifts at 4pm on Christmas Eve. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha. Yeah, I used to go to this bar where Michael Buble performed every Wednesday, also for a $5 cover charge... I really enjoyed it, but will also never buy a Michael Buble ticket, lol. And I ran into him at the neighborhood mall also, after he was world famous, since he still lives near me - my ex happened to have met him before through his job in radio, so we chatted. Nice guy (and still better than DMB music-wise, haha). We were all out shopping for Christmas gifts at 4pm on Christmas Eve. :lol:
    I am forced to listen to Bubbly's christmas album every year. get enough rum n' nog in me, you might even find me singing along. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I am forced to listen to Bubbly's christmas album every year. get enough rum n' nog in me, you might even find me singing along. 
    He's a talented guy, for sure. Not my thing, but even back then in the bar, he really had "the stuff" on stage. He'd actually wear a tuxedo for every show as well, lol.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    Have the repubes in Iowa repudiated this? Have the repubes in Congress? How about Team Trump Treason?

White Supremacist group making robocalls about Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' death - NBC News https://apple.news/AZoTNOJlZQf2UvLmnLNhieQ
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Have the repubes in Iowa repudiated this? Have the repubes in Congress? How about Team Trump Treason?

White Supremacist group making robocalls about Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' death - NBC News https://apple.news/AZoTNOJlZQf2UvLmnLNhieQ
    Just to think people were questioning his use of the phrase "monkey up" was meant to be racist toward his opponent...it was racist and maybe code for the racist groups to get involved...

disgusting ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Grain of salt? 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    edited September 2018

"My stepdaughter, whom Mollie loved so dearly, is Latina. Her sons — Mollie's cherished nephews and my grandchildren — are Latino," said Rob Tibbetts. "To knowingly foment discord among races is a disgrace to our flag." https://t.co/bCJdneYEUV

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248

"My stepdaughter, whom Mollie loved so dearly, is Latina. Her sons — Mollie's cherished nephews and my grandchildren — are Latino," said Rob Tibbetts. "To knowingly foment discord among races is a disgrace to our flag." https://t.co/bCJdneYEUV

Gee, no grains of salt needed with this post either. So weird. 
    chinese-happy.jpg