Options

Mollie Tibbetts

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    Awesome. Girl loses her life, someone posts about it and some of you only want to attack the poster.  Sheesh, y’all are fucked up.
    the reality here is that as soon as I saw the thread title, I didn't even have to look at who the OP was. I would have bet my fucking house on it. 
    This is still an important story. Regardless of the motives. Just like other threads where others here have obvious motives to forward their agenda.  I’m just getting sick and tired of people always playing for their team here....

This is a terrible tragedy that highlight the issue we have in America with guys thinking they can do creepy stuff and it’s ok and with immigration (in this case).  Doesn’t mean all illegal immigrants are bad BUT it certainly highlights that some are and we need immigration reform fast.  True reform.

and I feel awful for this girl’s parents, can’t even imagine. 

Had this been a white white guy that shot her, we’d still have a thread. It would have been started by one if the idiots attacking the OP and the OP would be brushing off the murder and wishing that the girl had been packing heat.  You are all way to predictable anymore.
    I disagree we'd still have a thread. where are all the other threads of all people killed in america? why is it more important than every other murder that happens every minute in america? just because it was an illegal immigrant? so because one illegal immigrant kills a citizen, THAT'S the reason you need immigration reform? immigration reform in the US was needed long before this happened, and for many other reasons other than "bad hombres". 

what team am I playing for exactly?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    ”Americans don’t want to do those jobs.”
    I’ve known plenty of high school and college students looking for suplimental income that would love these jobs that you speak of.  Those that do not want to live with their parents, that is.
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    I’ve known plenty of high school and college students looking for suplimental income that would love these jobs that you speak of.  Those that do not want to live with their parents, that is.
    The Maryland crab industry is looking. Send them north.
    Does the Maryland crab industry operate primarily with illegal employees?  Once again, I’m sure there are some jobless people that would love the opportunity.  If they cannot fill the spots with legal citizens, then they should not be in business.
    No, with migrant labor. Team Trump Treason tightened the rules and made the process more difficult for migrant labors from south of the border to come and work legally. As such, they have a labor shortage. So, instead of the jobs being filled by Americans, who don't want to do the work for the wages provided, because consumers won't pay the price for crab meat if you jacked labor rates, lets close down and put more people out of work (isn't that the argument against a "living wage," that consumers won't pay and businesses will fail and unemployment will go up?). Send your friends' kids to Maryland, if they want to leave the basement that is.
    Or maybe the jobless that live a little closer, like in Maryland, could get out of the basement and fill the jobs?  Regardless, hiring illegal immigrants is not the answer.  I have no issue with migrants with visas and do not necessarily support crazy strict regulations on migrant labors...So this was a pretty bad example on your part.  

The reality is that the jobless living in mom's basement in Maryland aren't filling the jobs. why? Because they don't pay enough to get out of the basement? Why? Because consumers will stop buying crab meat if you raise labor rates. So, keep living in your fantasy world where every able bodied American who should work will. I thought you Rs were for "free markets," letting the market decide? Did I say Illegal workers? What kind of restrictions on migrant labor and business, as it relates to migrant labor/immigration do you support?
    Again, not related whatsoever to this thread...thanks for your attempt at derailing though...Maybe start a new thread if the Maryland crab markets are important to you.  

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    Does the Maryland crab industry operate primarily with illegal employees?  Once again, I’m sure there are some jobless people that would love the opportunity.  If they cannot fill the spots with legal citizens, then they should not be in business.
    No, with migrant labor. Team Trump Treason tightened the rules and made the process more difficult for migrant labors from south of the border to come and work legally. As such, they have a labor shortage. So, instead of the jobs being filled by Americans, who don't want to do the work for the wages provided, because consumers won't pay the price for crab meat if you jacked labor rates, lets close down and put more people out of work (isn't that the argument against a "living wage," that consumers won't pay and businesses will fail and unemployment will go up?). Send your friends' kids to Maryland, if they want to leave the basement that is.
    Or maybe the jobless that live a little closer, like in Maryland, could get out of the basement and fill the jobs?  Regardless, hiring illegal immigrants is not the answer.  I have no issue with migrants with visas and do not necessarily support crazy strict regulations on migrant labors...So this was a pretty bad example on your part.  

The reality is that the jobless living in mom's basement in Maryland aren't filling the jobs. why? Because they don't pay enough to get out of the basement? Why? Because consumers will stop buying crab meat if you raise labor rates. So, keep living in your fantasy world where every able bodied American who should work will. I thought you Rs were for "free markets," letting the market decide? Did I say Illegal workers? What kind of restrictions on migrant labor and business, as it relates to migrant labor/immigration do you support?
    Again, not related whatsoever to this thread...thanks for your attempt at derailing though...Maybe start a new thread if the Maryland crab markets are important to you.  

it actually wasn't halifax who brought up illegal immigration and americans who don't want to work.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    good old trump:

"You heard about today with the illegal alien coming in very sadly from Mexico. And you saw what happened to that incredible beautiful young woman. Should have never happened. Illegally in our country," he said.
    "We've had a huge impact but the laws are so bad, the immigration laws are such a disgrace. We're getting it changed but we have to get more Republicans."
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    It's an important story.  The man entered the US illegally, killing a US citizen.  Why wouldn't that be a story?  He is not the first illegal to murder...what's wrong with people wanting immigration reform?  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    good old trump:

"You heard about today with the illegal alien coming in very sadly from Mexico. And you saw what happened to that incredible beautiful young woman. Should have never happened. Illegally in our country," he said.
    "We've had a huge impact but the laws are so bad, the immigration laws are such a disgrace. We're getting it changed but we have to get more Republicans."
    Exactly how this issue shouldn't be played out, but Trump controls the narrative along with his sideshow of cronies so we have a carnival show where people are led to believe there is only one way and one side. Yes, we have immigration problems, but goddamn it this isn't the way it should be addressed or handled. I fucking hate that piece of crap. He is destroying this country.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:

Its relevant in that a repube farmer hired the guy? Why? And its a fact that migrant and "illegals" have a lower crime rate than native born. But you know, lets focus on the "illegals." All that growth in Texas wouldn't be possible without "illegals." Who would build the houses and landscape the properties, cook the food and clean the kitchens? And maybe a native born, legal, white guy working on that repube's farm would have committed the crime? In which case, I doubt we'd have a thread about it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Awesome. Girl loses her life, someone posts about it and some of you only want to attack the poster.  Sheesh, y’all are fucked up.
    the reality here is that as soon as I saw the thread title, I didn't even have to look at who the OP was. I would have bet my fucking house on it. 

Had this been a white white guy that shot her, we’d still have a thread.
    Lol

Zero shot. Nilch. Nada. Zip. 

This literally happens every day in a country of 300 million, show me the threads backing up your theory. Nobody on here would know Mollie is if it wasnt an undocumented immigrant

Citizenship status doesn't have any impact on whether someone will commit murder or not
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Lol

This literally happens every day in a country of 300 million, show me the threads backing up your theory. Nobody on here would know Mollie is if it wasnt an undocumented immigrant

Citizenship status doesn't have any impact on whether someone will commit murder or not
    now that I think about it, it's possible cincy is saying "white illegal immigrant". but to me it doesn't matter. I still think highlighting these ultra rare instances don't do any service. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    my2hands said:

Lol

Well, I knew who she was before there was a suspect.  I'm in Minnesota, so maybe it was regional?  Either way, though, I agree that the entire discussion would be different in terms of who was talking about it, how much talking there'd be, and how political it would have gotten.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    OnWis97 said:
    my2hands said:

Lol

Well, I knew who she was before there was a suspect.  I'm in Minnesota, so maybe it was regional?  Either way, though, I agree that the entire discussion would be different in terms of who was talking about it, how much talking there'd be, and how political it would have gotten.
    Agreed. I'm also in MN and one of the first things my co-worker mentioned to me yesterday was that they'd found her body and killer. No mention of his status as an illegal immigrant. This could end up getting politicized to the same extent that Jacob Wetterling was and how that started the whole predatory offender registry, but in this case it doesn't sound like the parents are pushing for anything and just want to grieve their loss. Politicians need to politic though. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,127
    This is still an important story. Regardless of the motives. Just like other threads where others here have obvious motives to forward their agenda.  I’m just getting sick and tired of people always playing for their team here....

This is a terrible tragedy that highlight the issue we have in America with guys thinking they can do creepy stuff and it’s ok and with immigration (in this case).  Doesn’t mean all illegal immigrants are bad BUT it certainly highlights that some are and we need immigration reform fast.  True reform.

Had this been a white white guy that shot her, we’d still have a thread. It would have been started by one if the idiots attacking the OP and the OP would be brushing off the murder and wishing that the girl had been packing heat.  You are all way to predictable anymore.
    I disagree we'd still have a thread. where are all the other threads of all people killed in america? why is it more important than every other murder that happens every minute in america? just because it was an illegal immigrant? so because one illegal immigrant kills a citizen, THAT'S the reason you need immigration reform? immigration reform in the US was needed long before this happened, and for many other reasons other than "bad hombres". 

This girl missing has been a national story for some time.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Lol

Now where the fuck did I say citizenship status has an impact on whether someone will commit murder? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Lol

So - rape happens everyday, why did people highlight the Stanford rapist?

its a story that hit the news long before she was found dead and long before we knew it was an illegal immigrant that killed her. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:

Its relevant in that a repube farmer hired the guy? Why? And its a fact that migrant and "illegals" have a lower crime rate than native born. But you know, lets focus on the "illegals." All that growth in Texas wouldn't be possible without "illegals." Who would build the houses and landscape the properties, cook the food and clean the kitchens? And maybe a native born, legal, white guy working on that repube's farm would have committed the crime? In which case, I doubt we'd have a thread about it.
    You’re missing the point:
    “These figures do not attempt to allege that foreign nationals in the country illegally commit more crimes than other groups. It simply identifies thousands of crimes that should not have occurred and thousands of victims that should not have been victimized because the perpetrator should not be here.”

https://www.dps.texas.gov/administration/crime_records/pages/txCriminalAlienStatistics.htm

• Options

fair enough. it wasn't on my radar until the suspect was caught. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2hands said:

Lol

See nust about every news story linked in the gun thread. Happens to lots of people each day.... still people post them (and they should).
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    It's an important story.  The man entered the US illegally, killing a US citizen.  Why wouldn't that be a story?  He is not the first illegal to murder...what's wrong with people wanting immigration reform?  

While this may seem rude, the story of this woman being killed is not an important story atleast not a national story.  I can see it being a local story.  Fox news made it a national story. 

also, there is nothing wrong with people wanting true immigration reform, the problem is what some people including this president means when they say they want Immigration reform.

• Options
    white house is using this as political fuel. Released a video just now.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    white house is using this as political fuel. Released a video just now.
    ofcourse they are, just like fox is.  makes you wonder if the victim wasn't white would this even be a story.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    He didn't start a thread for the CO woman and her two girls (plus unborn child) that were killed by their WHITE husband.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    Lucky they caught the fucker doing it. 

Heartbreaking.
    Alleged
    I guess that innocent before proven guilty is only for white citizens.
    And if he did indeed do it then a long slow painfull end is appropriate. 
    The guy led them to the body and confessed. 

So, I don't know if your "Racist" card is best used this round. You should hang on to it.
    I stand corrected.

But we all know that if this guy  was a white guy named Brian Flannery from the next farm over nobody would be losing any sleep over it.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/08/21/29-year-old-abducted-in-south-baltimore/

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/13-year-old-said-she-was-abducted-on-her-way-to-school-stabbed-her-abductor-to-get-away

https://nypost.com/2018/06/15/girl-abducted-by-stranger-tells-cops-monster-took-me/

https://idahostatejournal.com/news/local/state-issues-alert-for-teen-girl-missing-from-billings/article_51fe1883-0a45-502d-88f7-1342061abde2.html

https://patch.com/maryland/silverspring/police-seek-young-girl-missing-silver-spring

it happens daily.... everywhere... all of the time.... but we all know who Mollie is nationally, and are discussing her here now because of why I wonder? this case was regional and became national as soon as the perp was undocumented, how is this not obvious? its feeding a xenophobic fever spreading across this country and a lot of the globe right now, that's why we all know who this poor girl was

there are approximately 17,000 murders annually in the USA, how many victims can you name?

drilling for fear, keeps the job simple 

• Options
    my2hands said:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/08/21/29-year-old-abducted-in-south-baltimore/

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/13-year-old-said-she-was-abducted-on-her-way-to-school-stabbed-her-abductor-to-get-away

https://nypost.com/2018/06/15/girl-abducted-by-stranger-tells-cops-monster-took-me/

https://idahostatejournal.com/news/local/state-issues-alert-for-teen-girl-missing-from-billings/article_51fe1883-0a45-502d-88f7-1342061abde2.html

https://patch.com/maryland/silverspring/police-seek-young-girl-missing-silver-spring

it happens daily.... everywhere... all of the time.... but we all know who Mollie is nationally, and are discussing her here now because of why I wonder? this case was regional and became national as soon as the perp was undocumented, how is this not obvious? its feeding a xenophobic fever spreading across this country and a lot of the globe right now, that's why we all know who this poor girl was

there are approximately 17,000 murders annually in the USA, how many victims can you name?

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/video/3905640-fbi-joins-iowa-officials-search-for-missing-student-mollie-tibbetts/

National before she was found. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    my2hands said:

It is because this story is specifically an illegal immigration related issue, which is a major concern for a lot of people right now.  The side note fact is that if this person was not able to get in the US illegally, Mollie would probably still be alive...
  • Options
    My2hands - take away the fact unsung posted this. Why don’t you care about it?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

It is because this story is specifically an illegal immigration related issue, which is a major concern for a lot of people right now.  The side note fact is that if this person was not able to get in the US illegally, Mollie would probably still be alive...
    I would like one, just one, person to lay out exactly what "concerns" them about illegal immigration where it doesn't have to do with skewed stats about crime or unemployment. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    My2hands - take away the fact unsung posted this. Why don’t you care about it?
    it's not that we don't care about it. murder sucks. as a dad, i can't imagine. But because people go missing and are found dead all the time. what about this story specifically made it national-news worthy prior to the suspect being a supposed illegal immigrant?

when it's a child, it's a big story. Mollie was an adult. 

stories like this don't normally go national. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

And there was another huge missing person's case all over the news out of Colorado too, just as big of a story.  I wonder why we don't have a thread about the woman and her two daughters that were found dead in the same weekend?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?