Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Those wanting to GA be prepared for some fun! Its not like NA. 

https://youtu.be/rRGjNxGEzU8
    F that. Give me a damn reserved seat.  
    https://youtu.be/X94TE2V268Q
    Beer sales must have spiked during that song!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by retro on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,091
    edited November 2019
    retro said:
    Some peoples "fun" are other, normal, peoples "get the fuck out of there with that shit behaviour".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 303
    How does 10c tickets for Berlin work by the way? Do you have a guaranteed good Seat even though it's all GA?
  • Options
    How does 10c tickets for Berlin work by the way? Do you have a guaranteed good Seat even though it's all GA?
    You can pick a seat before other people, so not guaranteed but you can pick one earlier than the masses.

Should be noted that Neil Young this summer had tiered tickets at Wahlbuhne - pit and benches closest to the stage more expensive than the rest of the arena. 

Might be the same for PJ going forward. Who knows. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    ed243421 said:
    New guess:

amsterdam
    pinkpop
    copenhagen
    berlin
    london
    stockholm
    prague
    werchter
    imola
    vienna
    zurich
    lodz
    budapest
    ljubljana
    lisbon
    paris

Nice list ;)
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    I've been up front in GA for 2 shows and while it was a cool experience, I would choose reserved seats over it 100/100 times.  No matter if I'm 22 or 42.  We constantly hear how much more cool and fun European crowds are but that's a hard pass for me.  I know the band seems to enjoy it at least.  
  • Options
    kst said:
    ed243421 said:
    New guess:

amsterdam
    pinkpop
    copenhagen
    berlin
    london
    stockholm
    prague
    werchter
    imola
    vienna
    zurich
    lodz
    budapest
    ljubljana
    lisbon
    paris

I don’t exactly know why but I think there are fewer than 16 shows.  
    I understood this tour it will be a little bit longer. 12 gigs seems too short, isnt it?
  • Options
    So 14?? :)
  • Options
    retro said:
    Some peoples "fun" are other, normal, peoples "get the fuck out of there with that shit behaviour".
    Agreed.  
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,247
    You can pick a seat before other people, so not guaranteed but you can pick one earlier than the masses.

Should be noted that Neil Young this summer had tiered tickets at Wahlbuhne - pit and benches closest to the stage more expensive than the rest of the arena. 

Seems to differ from band to band there, saw Neil at Waldbuhne in 2016 and it was all one price, others have had up to 6 different price categories. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    retro said:
    Agreed.  
    THERE ARE SMALL CHILDREN TRYING TO MAKE THEIR PARENTS LOVE THEM BY GETTING THEM A TAMBOURINE IN THE PIT! 

Behave people.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    ilockyer said:

Seems to differ from band to band there, saw Neil at Waldbuhne in 2016 and it was all one price, others have had up to 6 different price categories. 
    I saw him there in 2016 too. In 2019 he had the tiered system.
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 303
    So Werchter decides about the announcement then...early December it is 👍
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    It's early December in about 10 years. It's obvious. 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    if you don't like mosh pits, congrats, you just had your 1990-2000 card revoked.

You can no longer listen to any live recordings from that time period, you certainly can't buy the new vault, and you may as well stay home on record store day.. 

Seriously though, you don't like pure unadulterated ENERGY? 

"Some peoples "fun" are other, normal, peoples "get the fuck out of there with that shit behaviour".

"normal people." lol. Like everyone wasn't jumping, crowd surfing, and moshing every single night in this bands early days. 

Some people never got to see the band and jump around like that was the pinnacle of their life in the early 90's. Why do you think more and more bands go to Europe these days? why do you think all the heavy metal and hard rock festivals in the great ol US of A have died out in this decade, but European festivals that are predominantly rock or metal have lived on since the 70's?!

what's that meme "Pearl Jam, I'm tired....." Have some fun and stop trying to dictate the energy a live crowd gives off. If you already have a defeatist or "anti" mindset, you've already lost. 
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I heard that EV and RHCP did a show in Silver Lake (Los Angeles) this past weekend.....oh to be invited to one of these benefit gigs....
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    if you don't like mosh pits, congrats, you just had your 1990-2000 card revoked.

You can no longer listen to any live recordings from that time period, you certainly can't buy the new vault, and you may as well stay home on record store day.. 

"Some peoples "fun" are other, normal, peoples "get the fuck out of there with that shit behaviour".

"normal people." lol. Like everyone wasn't jumping, crowd surfing, and moshing every single night in this bands early days. 

Some people never got to see the band and jump around like that was the pinnacle of their life in the early 90's. Why do you think more and more bands go to Europe these days? why do you think all the heavy metal and hard rock festivals in the great ol US of A have died out in this decade, but European festivals that are predominantly rock or metal have lived on since the 70's?!

what's that meme "Pearl Jam, I'm tired....." Have some fun and stop trying to dictate the energy a live crowd gives off. If you already have a defeatist or "anti" mindset, you've already lost. 
    What size “evenbro” shirt do you wear?
    i mean seriously, 2000 was nearly two decades  ago. People change. Sorry you are stuck in that decade. 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    PSUS2H said:
    I heard that EV and RHCP did a show in Silver Lake (Los Angeles) this past weekend.....oh to be invited to one of these benefit gigs....
    I think Bill Simmons of The Ringer fame said on his podcast he would try to post to Instagram. I assume it was a tit for tat in regards to Ohana Festival attendance. 
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Are you suggesting that your behavior in 2019 is the same as it was in 1990? That sounds a bit like arrested development. I know I've changed over the years. I was absolutely in the heart of the pits in the 80's and 90's. But I'm older and seem to have less tolerance for idiots and even bros. I don't enjoy sweaty idiots rubbing against me.There are legitimate reasons why GA is unappealing to me at this point. I've got a 4'10" wife, and we have zero interest in spending a day in a GA line to get up close. Anyway, I prefer the way it is done here with the choice of GA or Reserved, and will pick reserved every time.  I'm glad those who prefer GA also have that option these days as well. It sounds like a win/win. I do agree with you that nobody should dictate the energy of a live crowd. I just disagree that the only way to demonstrate that energy is in a GA pit.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Last year in Prague was my first PJ show in Europe.  I noticed that the GA fan club area in front of the stage was a lot more tightly packed than at similar shows in the US.  It was so crowded that beer wasn't allowed into that area, presumably because of the inevitability of every beer being spilled.  So I could understand wanting to have a seat and a beer.  Is this crowding/beer situation similar at other shows in Europe?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    edited November 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

i mean seriously, 2000 was nearly two decades  ago. People change. Sorry you are stuck in that decade. 
    And like everyone else on this site, my point went totally over your head. And thats fine, because I know you are only here to fight. So i'll try to simplify this and put it in the easiest terms I can so you can understand it. And Medium, but sometimes large depending on the brand of shirt. Funny because I wear a small jacket, so all my sizes are fucked. Just thought I'd let you know since you asked. 

"PeOpLe ChAnGe"... lol you are saying this after a video of a bunch of crazy germans moshing to Lukin LAST YEAR.  2018. Listen, if you think moshing is a bunch of roided up freaks trying to fight, you're already on the "i don't  know what the fuck i'm talking about" side of the spectrum. It's a release of energy. 

Yes, 2000 was 20 years ago. Not once did I say I was stuck in that decade. My point was more or less to say America is a bunch of pussies and I can see why there are bigger GA pits and access to tickets in Europe. So that there can be room for these types of releases of energy. God forbid we start a pit in America and someone looses they're precious poster. Maybe people do grow up, yes. But I don't think the average age of a PJ fan is one that can't handle themselves in a concert setting. 

Good try on trying to demean my comment to one blow-off sentence that you thought was going to be a "zinger." 
    Post edited by SandyRavage on
  • Options
    edited November 2019

I want to see you defend shitting on homosexuals - otherwise, congrats, you just had your 1980-1990 card revoked

You can no longer watch any stand up specials from that time period, you certainly can't watch any comedies from that era and you might as well stay logged off any time a new season of Stranger Things streams on Netflix.

And while you're at it, give me your 1970-1980 and 1960-1970 cards also or defend blatant racism and sexism. Thank you.

Eddie himself has said you have all the space you want above you, but respect the space around you. HE NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE 90s!

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    Last year in Prague was my first PJ show in Europe.  I noticed that the GA fan club area in front of the stage was a lot more tightly packed than at similar shows in the US.  It was so crowded that beer wasn't allowed into that area, presumably because of the inevitability of every beer being spilled.  So I could understand wanting to have a seat and a beer.  Is this crowding/beer situation similar at other shows in Europe?
    No Prague was unusual as it had the 10c section in the front half that doesnt usually happen you can usually move back to a less crowded part and have a beer
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    edited November 2019

I want to see you defend shitting on homosexuals - otherwise, congrats, you just had your 1980-1990 card revoked

You can no longer watch any stand up specials from that time period, you certainly can't watch any comedies from that era and you might as well stay logged off any time a new season of Stranger Things streams on Netflix.

And while you're at it, give me your 1970-1980 and 1960-1970 cards also or defend blatant racism and sexism. Thank you.

Eddie himself has said you have all the space you want above you, but respect the space around you. HE NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE 90s!

what the fuck are you talking about?

This is why you can't make a point on this site. Everyone becomes a philosopher, and we all look like assholes. 
    Post edited by SandyRavage on
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002

For years I've been wondering who issued me my "1990-2000 card". Turns out it was some guy on the internet named Sandy Ravage. Sucks for me I guess.
  • Options
    tdawe said:

For years I've been wondering who issued me my "1990-2000 card". Turns out it was some guy on the internet named Sandy Ravage. Sucks for me I guess.

It happens my guy. You never know when your card could just disappear =)  
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    ed243421 said:
    New guess:

amsterdam
    pinkpop
    copenhagen
    berlin
    london
    stockholm
    prague
    werchter
    imola
    vienna
    zurich
    lodz
    budapest
    ljubljana
    lisbon
    paris

I think London will be after Imola but before Paris.
  • Options
    tdawe said:

It happens my guy. You never know when your card could just disappear =)  
    When you start thinking about other people than yourself, it seems.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

And like everyone else on this site, my point went totally over your head. And thats fine, because I know you are only here to fight. So i'll try to simplify this and put it in the easiest terms I can so you can understand it. And Medium, but sometimes large depending on the brand of shirt. Funny because I wear a small jacket, so all my sizes are fucked. Just thought I'd let you know since you asked. 

"PeOpLe ChAnGe"... lol you are saying this after a video of a bunch of crazy germans moshing to Lukin LAST YEAR.  2018. Listen, if you think moshing is a bunch of roided up freaks trying to fight, you're already on the "i don't  know what the fuck i'm talking about" side of the spectrum. It's a release of energy. Something you probably wouldn't know about because the only energy release you seem to do is spewing bullshit from your fingers to the web. 

Yes, 2000 was 20 years ago. Not once did I say I was stuck in that decade. My point was more or less to say America is a bunch of pussies and I can see why there are bigger GA pits and access to tickets in Europe. So that there can be room for these types of releases of energy. God forbid we start a pit in America and someone looses they're precious poster. Maybe people do grow up, yes. But I don't think the average age of a PJ fan is one that can't handle themselves in a concert setting. 

Good try on trying to demean my comment to one blow-off sentence that you thought was going to be a "zinger." 
    I ve been in my fair share of mosh pits back in the day but times change.  My 42 year old self looks back at some of the stuff I used to do and I just shake my head. 
    You enjoy your mosh pit.