Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    I think people take critising where the band is playing as a big complaint and a bigger deal than it actually is. It's never ideal but we'll still go and it gives us something to post about.
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    mrk2 said:
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    Paris Lollapalooza is July 18-19.  It could fit.
    When is the UK fest? That weekend or the weekend before?
    It isn't your traditional festival, it normally occurs last weekend of June for another ten days, with about six or seven headliners and loads of supporting acts.
    Looks like last year it was 6 nights over two weekends in July:

This year seemed similar - but could not find a picture where it was all shown in one pic.
    Yeah, something like that. I think it changes year on year. Probably also depends if Glasto has a year off too.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 300
    My intention was not to complain...I can afford one show this tour and then I'll definitely pick an own show over a festival.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,236
    edited November 2019
    mrk2 said:
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    It isn't your traditional festival, it normally occurs last weekend of June for another ten days, with about six or seven headliners and loads of supporting acts.
    Looks like last year it was 6 nights over two weekends in July:

This year seemed similar - but could not find a picture where it was all shown in one pic.
    Yeah, something like that. I think it changes year on year. Probably also depends if Glasto has a year off too.
    Don't imagine Glastonbury has any impact on it, if anything, this one helps Glastonbury as bands may do both, plus the attendant demographic are usually much different. Quite often there's been shared headliners (09 both Bruce and Neil Young played both, more recently Stevie Wonder and The Strolling Bones have done both in the same year. Glastonbury pay their headliners maybe 1/10 of what BST Festival would so arrangements like that suit both, a band is more amenable to playing for a lot less if they've a payday somewhere else. 
    Just want them to hurry up and announce already!
    Post edited by ilockyer on
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    It'd be so desperate for PJ to play Pinkpop back again. I'm not sure if PJ have played a festival before and skipped the following year but then returned the next one. 
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    SpinTheBlackCircle74SpinTheBlackCircle74 Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2019
    Brisk. said:
    It'd be so desperate to PJ playing Pinkpop back again. I'm not sure if PJ have played a festival before and skipped the following year but then returned the next one. 
    PJ played Rock Werchter 2010, 2012, 2014

Arras festival 2010, 2012
    Post edited by SpinTheBlackCircle74 on
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    It'd be so desperate to PJ playing Pinkpop back again. I'm not sure if PJ have played a festival before and skipped the following year but then returned the next one. 
    PJ played Rock Werchter 2010, 2012, 2014
    Oh yeah so mental. I went to 2012 and 2014 haha.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,236
    And likely would have played Werchter in 2016 also if they hadn't changed their mind about coming over.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited November 2019
    So we have 3 festivals that are guaranteed in this thread by Dimi and 3 that people are speculating on. Am I missing any?

Stockholm 26-28
    Werchter July 2-5
    Imola July 3-5

Strong rumours 

Pinkpop
    Hyde Park
    Paris Lolla 

• Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    I’m not sure which one they would play.  Glastonbury is out and reading/Leeds are in august

only one that fits this timeline would be Isle of Wright... which would happen before Amsterdam 
    Finsbury park is a more suitable venue for PJ and it fits the timeline for next summer. The BST series of shows is usually ealrier in July so seems to be over before they hit these shores hence my theory of Finsbury.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    PJNB said:
    So we have 3 festivals that are guaranteed in this thread by Dimi and 3 that people are speculating on. Am I missing any?

Stockholm 26-28
    Werchter July 2-5
    Imola July 3-5

Strong rumours 

Pinkpop
    Hyde Park
    Paris Lolla 

imola no one knows if will be a festival or not. the last festival in there was 15 years ago...
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited November 2019
    PJNB said:
    So we have 3 festivals...

Stockholm 26-28
    Werchter July 2-5
    Imola July 3-5

Imola will not be a festival like Lolla or the UK one. 
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    I wonder if they play the Lolla festivals in Europe if the might also do the Chicago Lolla beginning of August?  
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Brisk. said:
    I think people take critising where the band is playing as a big complaint and a bigger deal than it actually is. It's never ideal but we'll still go and it gives us something to post about.

Imagine living on a continent with about 600 million, where the band is from and only 3 "away" cities have hosted a show over 50 months.

In the meantime a 2nd 15 show Euro tour in 3 years is planned including possible shows in towns with 70,000 people with zero NA rumors. NA probably only  getting stadium shows so nothing to guff about anyway.
  • Options
    Brisk. said:

Imagine living on a continent with about 600 million, where the band is from and only 3 "away" cities have hosted a show over 50 months.

In the meantime a 2nd 15 show Euro tour in 3 years is planned including possible shows in towns with 70,000 people with zero NA rumors. NA probably only  getting stadium shows so nothing to guff about anyway.
    North America and Finland has had since 1991 to prove they are worthy.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    If they were to play Köln then I very much doubt Pinkpop would be in the frame. They might be in different countries but they are an hour drive apart. Seems to me the population catchment is too similar. 
    I can’t see Pinkpop to be honest - if it was there then I’d think they would put an exclusion zone on shows within a certain distance/travel time. 
    I’d prefer Köln in an arena but did have fun at Pinkpop last time. 
    I’m not clued up on these things though 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    I'll try to do arenas rather than stadiums or festivals but I'll be happy with whatever we get. Between 2000 and 2006 I honestly thought they would never play in europe again so maybe we shouldn't complain too much
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited November 2019
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said:
    So we have 3 festivals...

Stockholm 26-28
    Werchter July 2-5
    Imola July 3-5

Imola will not be a festival like Lolla or the UK one. 
    So Pearl Jam are playing by themselves then and not a festival at all? 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    BST in Hyde Park isn’t a festival in a traditional form. It’s more like a headliner with a bigger than usual undercard. Maybe a ‘day festival’ but you’d not often see the same crowds going to different gigs. They are treated individually. 
    Last time PJ played there (it was Hard Rock Calling then I think the sponsorship changed about six years ago)I’m sure it was the same weekend as Glastonbury - I gave up my festival ticket to go. 
    This year The Who at Wembley were on the same night as Stevie Wonder played BST. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    i fuckin love festival!!!
    i fuckin love pearl jam at festivals!!!

last year pj at pinkpop was one the most intense experience of my life
    Post edited by lellopj on
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    The greeklish confused me a bit

looks like Lodz could be spicy 1

current guess:

amsterdam
    pinkpop
    ?
    ?
    stockholm
    kinda spicy?
    berlin
    werchter
    imola
    kinda spicy?
    ?
    lodz
    spicy 2?
    spicy 3?
    festival ?
    festival ?

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Kusy said:
    @dimitrispearljam the festival that you are going: is it outdoor? 
     to tell you the truth,i didnt fuckin check the venue.,,arent all festivals outdoors?
    Stockholm Lolla is outdoor 😂
     is there a festival anywhere indoors??i mean besides beer or whiskey or food  festivals ..lol
    Yes, there is! In Finland. Probably because the weather here is lousy also in the summer. 😄
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    I'll try to do arenas rather than stadiums or festivals but I'll be happy with whatever we get. Between 2000 and 2006 I honestly thought they would never play in europe again so maybe we shouldn't complain too much
    That’s a wise statement.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    PJNB said: So Pearl Jam are playing by themselves then and not a festival at all? 
    Not a tipical festival like Lolla or similar (Mad Cool, etc...). 
    Will be a thing like Rock In Roma (https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_in_Roma#2013). Saw Neil Young at Rock in Roma 2013 and he played 3 hours. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    raindog80 said:
    PJNB said: So Pearl Jam are playing by themselves then and not a festival at all? 
    Not a tipical festival like Lolla or similar (Mad Cool, etc...). 
    Will be a thing like Rock In Roma (https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_in_Roma#2013). Saw Neil Young at Rock in Roma 2013 and he played 3 hours. 
    So it’s like BST. Cool
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    So it’s like BST. Cool
    Exactly. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    Will Italy get only one show? Maybe they play also Rock in Roma? 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    I think PJ will play just one show in Italy next year. Imola is a very large venue, almost 100K. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    raindog80 said:
    mrk2 said:
    I think PJ will play just one show in Italy next year. Imola is a very large venue, almost 100K. 
    The size of some of their Euro gigs is unbelievable.
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    raindog80 said:
    mrk2 said:
    The size of some of their Euro gigs is unbelievable.
    the outdoor ones?