Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    I paid 1500 SEK (160 USD) to see Neil Young at Cirkus in 2003 on the Greendale tour. 

No problem with it - other than my brother getting like a row 5 seat on the day of the show through the box office for half. THAT HURT LIKE A MOFO.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    myoung321 said:
    RS65573 said:
    I have never been anywhere in Europe. Where should I go?

Looking for indoor, seated, so my seniority matters. Other than that just a fun city for the wife and I to hang for a few days.
    Amsterdam is always amazing! Like walking around a museum. English is spoken everywhere, making it an easy first visit. The last several Euro tours kicked off there.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/230393/lets-talk-amsterdam-2014/p1
    I would LOVE to see amsterdam, but PJ 101 is you goto the LAST night of the tour. ;)
    No its always do night 2!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    I paid $500 face value to see Springsteen on Broadway. 
    I paid € 35 for PJ at the London Astoria gig back in 2006. Awesome concert. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    maximumlawmanmaximumlawman Regensburg, Germany Posts: 222
    In 1992 they charged less than 30 DM (~15$) for my first PJ concert in the Batschkapp, a Club in Frankfurt that in the 1990s held maybe 500 people. Glory Days! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I would never pay $500 to see anything.  

What about naked pictures of Bea Authur?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I paid 1500 SEK (160 USD) to see Neil Young at Cirkus in 2003 on the Greendale tour. 

No problem with it - other than my brother getting like a row 5 seat on the day of the show through the box office for half. THAT HURT LIKE A MOFO.
    Loved that tour, though.

So many "fans" left the show I attended. I guess they had no idea what Greendale was all about.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022
    dankind said:

Loved that tour, though.

So many "fans" left the show I attended. I guess they had no idea what Greendale was all about.
    I think that is the year I saw him live and I also left early. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,460
    edited November 2019
    dankind said:

Loved that tour, though.

LOL -- I DIDN'T at 17 or whatever I was! Didn't get what was going on in the beginning.

Me and my one brother was up in the rafters with our 160 dollars second hand tickets. And my other brother with his last-minute 70 dollar ticket came up to us after the first set and was ready to go and catch a bus home, not realizing there was going to be an encore (with some classics to round the night off). Lucky us me and my other brother understood an encore was coming up.

I believe Stockholm was the first stop on the tour, so we got 1 or 2 songs less at the end than the following shows. 

But man what an amazing experience. Just hearing him talk between the songs telling the story of the family and the town was amazing. 

Have the bootleg on CD somewhere. Should give it a listen some day.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,739
    If the rumours for Budapest are true, all i need to know is which shows are before and after..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    If they played Glasgow Barrowlands, I'd stick £500 down. Maybe a grand.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    If the rumours for Budapest are true, all i need to know is which shows are before and after..
    Interested in Budapest also. 

Never been there.
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 223
    $500 per ticket would fundamentally change them.  No thanks, I don't want to have to go see PJ at the Royal Albert Hall with a bunch of posh people!
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Interested in Budapest also. 

Never been there.
    Never been either..and i guess i have never visit the other two cities ;)
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    except imola we have no solid rumors from different sources. strange ha? or is still too early?
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    lellopj said:
    except imola we have no solid rumors from different sources. strange ha? or is still too early?
    Strange...
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    lellopj said:
    Strange
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022
    23scidoo said:
    I'll meet you there for a beer before the show!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    23scidoo said:
    I'll meet you there for a beer before the show!
    We have a date!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    on efestivals forum the trustworthy source confirmed Werchter. 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    Neil Young Stockholm Circus - I managed to score a row 2 ticket, but the fucking Swedish ticket agency complained that you can not buy with foreign credit card at the end of the purchase process... . Still bitter to this day. Managed to score another seat, but it was much worse. Then had a Swedish friend go and pick it up. The show was kind of weird being the first on the Greendale tour and no idea what to expect. Sneaked closer during the set break. The 2nd set felt kind of short (rest of the tour had longer sets). Audience was really demanding an encore, clapping and stomping for about 10 minutes, then he finally came back to do Heart of Gold. Greendale itself was pretty good. In hindsight it was really cool experience, like seeing Neil way back in the 70's and he would play something totally different than what the audience was expecting (see Time Fades Away, Tonight's the Night, Rust Never Sleeps, etc)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    Kusy said:
    link?
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    lellopj said:
    Kusy said:
    link?
    I think you are looking at the 2018 line-up.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    lellopj said:
    Kusy said:
    link?
    I think you are looking at the 2018 line-up.
    FWIW, I've seen PJ unofficially confirmed for Rock Werchter 2020 too.
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    They are BFF's with the Rock Werchter organisers - they'll always play there when in Europe. 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    Neil Young Stockholm Circus - I managed to score a row 2 ticket, but the fucking Swedish ticket agency complained that you can not buy with foreign credit card at the end of the purchase process... . Still bitter to this day. Managed to score another seat, but it was much worse. Then had a Swedish friend go and pick it up. The show was kind of weird being the first on the Greendale tour and no idea what to expect. Sneaked closer during the set break. The 2nd set felt kind of short (rest of the tour had longer sets). Audience was really demanding an encore, clapping and stomping for about 10 minutes, then he finally came back to do Heart of Gold. Greendale itself was pretty good. In hindsight it was really cool experience, like seeing Neil way back in the 70's and he would play something totally different than what the audience was expecting (see Time Fades Away, Tonight's the Night, Rust Never Sleeps, etc)
    TOMAS LEDIN WAS IN THE AUDIENCE!

#sommarenärkort
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    23scidoo said:
    coach4tl said:
    Who's putting together the bus tour this time around :-)?
    We need more buses this time!!
    Message me when you find out... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    dankind said:

Loved that tour, though.

I was one of those who had no idea about Greendale, but I stayed until the end of the concert (at Radio City Music Hall). I was praying for a sharp object to cut a main artery during the Greendale portion though.
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
    23scidoo said:
    coach4tl said:
    Who's putting together the bus tour this time around :-)?
    We need more buses this time!!
    Message me when you find out... 
    Coming in Europe my friend??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    I wonder if they will, beside Stockholm,  also play Lollapalooza Paris!?
  • Options
    D.Frank said:
    I wonder if they will, beside Stockholm,  also play Lollapalooza Paris!?
    Maybe yes...

pearljamonline.it