Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Brisk. said:
    It's seems so unfair how companies can dictate to you when you can take your holiday and treat it like some kind of lottery. That's the US for you I guess.
    Not just US happens in the UK as well
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brisk. said:
    It's seems so unfair how companies can dictate to you when you can take your holiday and treat it like some kind of lottery. That's the US for you I guess.
    I know a few of my Canadian friends have to request vacation time for next year already too.  it's not a US thing, I believe it depends on your type of job.
    Exactly. People working at locations that run 24/7 and do not shut down need to have coverage all the time. I work with 12 other people in my unit and any given day we can only have 3 people off so we pick vacation in December so people can plan their year out and travel plans. 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 746
    Well, I had to submit my vacation requests this past Friday. Will find out around December 1st when I will be off. Hopefully tickets don't go on sale until after that date, in case I end up traveling to Amsterdam. 
    You have to request your summer vacation... in november?
    Me too, before the 18th of November
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Brisk. said:
    It's not a US thing, it's an industry thing. I've worked for a dozen different companies and have always been able to take time whenever.
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    pjl44 said:
    Brisk. said:
    It's not a US thing, it's an industry thing. I've worked for a dozen different companies and have always been able to take time whenever.
    Yep, just a company thing. I could take annual leave the week before a tour started and it would be honoured. I just keep saying to my manager, "expect a holiday request soon-ish."
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    New guess:

amsterdam
    pinkpop
    copenhagen
    berlin
    london
    stockholm
    prague
    werchter
    imola
    vienna
    zurich
    lodz
    budapest
    ljubljana
    lisbon
    paris

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,236
    Robbert said:
    Well, I had to submit my vacation requests this past Friday. Will find out around December 1st when I will be off. Hopefully tickets don't go on sale until after that date, in case I end up traveling to Amsterdam. 
    You have to request your summer vacation... in november?
    Me too, before the 18th of November
    Our first choice requests had to be submitted in May for next year. We had confirmation of them by mid September. Who knows 18 months in advance what they're doing?
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    cloudsnmarscloudsnmars Switzerland (for now) But from Aotearoa Posts: 113
    ed243421 said:
    New guess:

amsterdam
    pinkpop
    copenhagen
    berlin
    london
    stockholm
    prague
    werchter
    imola
    vienna
    zurich
    lodz
    budapest
    ljubljana
    lisbon
    paris

I’m liking the look of Zurich on that list... here’s hoping . Just down the road from me which means i could afford an extra show somewhere else... all other tours have been big-ish travel days from home ( no complaint, but one show super close would be ace 🤞)
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    New guess:

amsterdam
    pinkpop
    copenhagen
    berlin
    london
    stockholm
    prague
    werchter
    imola
    vienna
    zurich
    lodz
    budapest
    ljubljana
    lisbon
    paris

I don’t exactly know why but I think there are fewer than 16 shows.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,370
    I have never been anywhere in Europe. Where should I go?

Looking for indoor, seated, so my seniority matters. Other than that just a fun city for the wife and I to hang for a few days.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:

Looking for indoor, seated, so my seniority matters. Other than that just a fun city for the wife and I to hang for a few days.
    Depends what you like to do I guess. Can't go wrong with Berlin or Amsterdam though Berlin is all GA. You get early entry though and will have decent seats. Amsterdam reserved seats will be almost impossible to get. Wait for the real cities and dates do some research on locations and go with what city you would love to visit. 
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 350
    ams
    ger1
    berlin
    copenhagen
    stockholm lolla
    rock werchter
    imola
    (vacation gap)
    vienna
    lodz
    budapest
    paris
    bst fest, uk
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    RS65573 said:

I liked berlin and vienna or Prague  are great too. Amsterdams a sight you should see i think. Europe is all nice but not london. Haha
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    RS65573 said:

I liked berlin and vienna or Prague  are great too. Amsterdams a sight you should see i think. Europe is all nice but not london. Haha
    I was thinking Vienna or Prague, and then id go for Amsterdam too depending on the timing. Having been no where outside this continent really, im just looking for something laid back, scenic, not too many crowds. Not London or Paris, right.
  • Options
    Kusy said:
    ams
    ger1
    berlin
    copenhagen
    stockholm lolla
    rock werchter
    imola
    (vacation gap)
    vienna
    lodz
    budapest
    paris
    bst fest, uk

Stockholm maybe before Copenhagen?
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brisk. said:
    I know a few of my Canadian friends have to request vacation time for next year already too.  it's not a US thing, I believe it depends on your type of job.
    Exactly. People working at locations that run 24/7 and do not shut down need to have coverage all the time. I work with 12 other people in my unit and any given day we can only have 3 people off so we pick vacation in December so people can plan their year out and travel plans. 
    I can vouch for that. My wife is a nurse - her whole unit just had their round of vacation sign-ups for all of 2020. They can pick one week in the winter months and one week in the summer months. I know some people who work for prisons who do it the same way. It definitely does suck when you're trying to plan for things like this.
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited November 2019
    RS65573 said:

I'm from Europe. But I really dug the city Krakow and Prague.

But if it's your first time in Europe, I would guess most cities would offer enough of a impression.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Dimitri: Announcement before or after Thanksgiving? 🙃
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
     u better ask when werchter announce headliners 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    RS65573 said:

in europe seats of 10c are at the wings cos all floor are ga plus 10c has very limited seats and not good odds to score..
    u needf to do it europe style in europe..10c ga with early entrance.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RS65573 said:

in europe seats of 10c are at the wings cos all floor are ga plus 10c has very limited seats and not good odds to score..
    u needf to do it europe style in europe..10c ga with early entrance.
    Got it. Thank you for the tip. Wife and I have no issue with GA.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    well when do they announce it?
  • Options
    coach4tlcoach4tl Posts: 143
    Who's putting together the bus tour this time around :-)?
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    Europe tour was announced first friday in december for both 2014 and 2018 if memory serves me correctly?
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Those wanting to GA be prepared for some fun! Its not like NA. 

https://youtu.be/rRGjNxGEzU8
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    JPPJ84 said:
    well when do they announce it?
    Last year were The Cure announced as the first band on oct. 5th
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    EFestivals forum has good discussions about different festivals in the UK and other countries. Rumours and otherwise good info:
    Europe: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/forum/40-international-festivals/
    UK: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/forum/33-festivals/

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    RS65573 said:

Both my trips to Europe were great - Vienna and Stockholm in 2014 and Prague and Krakow in 2018.  I would recommend all 4 cities.  Krakow was a bit smaller and spread out though.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    PJNB said:

F that. Give me a damn reserved seat.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

F that. Give me a damn reserved seat.  
    https://youtu.be/X94TE2V268Q
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"