Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,548
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brisk. said:
    It's seems so unfair how companies can dictate to you when you can take your holiday and treat it like some kind of lottery. That's the US for you I guess.
    I know a few of my Canadian friends have to request vacation time for next year already too.  it's not a US thing, I believe it depends on your type of job.
    That’s the nice thing about owning the company...I can tell myself to F off I’m out to see PJ.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    100 Pacer said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brisk. said:
    It's seems so unfair how companies can dictate to you when you can take your holiday and treat it like some kind of lottery. That's the US for you I guess.
    I know a few of my Canadian friends have to request vacation time for next year already too.  it's not a US thing, I believe it depends on your type of job.
    That’s the nice thing about owning the company...I can tell myself to F off I’m out to see PJ.
    Niiiice work!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 614
    For Canucks leaving from Toronto area, does anyone have a ball park idea on cost say to do a 3 show run across the pond for 2 people?  Just curious is this is even feasible to pull off?  Again just a rough idea. Or if you have a number from a 2018 trip that would be a great starting point 

thanks 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    aidt17 said:
    For Canucks leaving from Toronto area, does anyone have a ball park idea on cost say to do a 3 show run across the pond for 2 people?  Just curious is this is even feasible to pull off?  Again just a rough idea. Or if you have a number from a 2018 trip that would be a great starting point 

thanks 
    All depends on how well you need to eat/sleep/travel and how on the ball you are after the shows are announced with booking. 

You are looking at $1250 CAD each in flights. After you need to get to each city so add on $300 more each for travel so $1550 just to get to each city and home. $3100 for two. Then hotels and food. 6 nights roughly so there is another $800 there if you do not need the best of the best. Tickets to the show $700 for 6 tickets. Food another $500 or so. Are you going to do stuff in the city as in day tours and stuff? It can all add up pretty fast as you can see. 
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    edited November 2019
    PJNB said:
    aidt17 said:

thanks 
    All depends on how well you need to eat/sleep/travel and how on the ball you are after the shows are announced with booking. 

You are looking at $1250 CAD each in flights. After you need to get to each city so add on $300 more each for travel so $1550 just to get to each city and home. $3100 for two. Then hotels and food. 6 nights roughly so there is another $800 there if you do not need the best of the best. Tickets to the show $700 for 6 tickets. Food another $500 or so. Are you going to do stuff in the city as in day tours and stuff? It can all add up pretty fast as you can see. 
    No nothing major in any given city other than exploring via foot.  So not too much cost in that I suppose. I would say my optimal budget looks to be 6500 - 7k, high end being 8500 - 9k max CDN.  Thanks for the feedback 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    RS65573 said:
    I have never been anywhere in Europe. Where should I go?

Looking for indoor, seated, so my seniority matters. Other than that just a fun city for the wife and I to hang for a few days.
    Amsterdam is always amazing! Like walking around a museum. English is spoken everywhere, making it an easy first visit. The last several Euro tours kicked off there.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/230393/lets-talk-amsterdam-2014/p1
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    aidt17 said:
    PJNB said:
    aidt17 said:

thanks 

No nothing major in any given city other than exploring via foot.  So not too much cost in that I suppose. I would say my optimal budget looks to be 6500 - 7k, high end being 8500 - 9k max CDN.  Thanks for the feedback 
    I would add some thoughts here:

-Flights:  July is more expensive than June most likely and if you are willing to fly to not necessarily the perfect airport you could probably do somewhat better than 1250 especially in June.

-Hotels:  some countries and cities are more expensive than others.  Germany and the Netherlands can be quite reasonable, although like anywhere else if you need to stay in the downtown core of a large city it tends to cost more.

-Concert tickets:  the 2020 pricing is not known but I would estimate that 6 tickets would cost considerably more than 700 Canadian.  EV solo tickets this year were upwards of 100 euros apiece in most cities which is probably less than what PJ will charge next year.  100 euros is about 150 Canadian at current rates so 6 tickets would be 900 CAD and likely pushing 1000 if prices increase next year.

-City to city travel doesn’t have to cost that much.  It depends which cities and how far apart, but rail tickets purchased well in advance can have some great prices, and renting a car can sometimes work out cheaper if you have two people.

-But all in all, I would agree with the general ranges stated in terms of big picture costs.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    coach4tl said:
    Who's putting together the bus tour this time around :-)?
    We need more buses this time!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Those wanting to GA be prepared for some fun! Its not like NA. 

https://youtu.be/rRGjNxGEzU8
    F that. Give me a damn reserved seat.  
    GA is the fun man!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    I would  only ever do G.A . I tried seats. Its dead for me. Just my choice but i loved G.A
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I love both GA and Reserved - did both last year in London x 2 (GA) and Rome / Prague (Reserved). Would love people to be more open to moving around in GA rather than protecting their spot with crossed arms as I think IMO it creates conflict rather than everyone looking out for each other, but both can be just as amazing when the European crowds are going for it. There’s really no bad place to be when you’re in these size of arenas. Super excited for whatever is coming next summer, loving all the guesses and I’m still holding out a tiny bit of hope for a Scottish show!
  • Options
    HepHep Posts: 34
    stones said:
    Other years was x2 on the plan and add second later. At the moment there is no x2
    I read this to mean for London there is a higher possibility of a UK festival date or outdoor show. On previous tours there is no x2 in London if there's a UK festival/outdoor show.  2010 - Hyde Park, 2012 - Isle of Wight, 2014 - Milton Keynes.

Good reading 
    So are we saying the only UK date will be a festival or outdoor, or there will be UK festival/outdoor as well as a indoor, like London or Manchester?

I am confused  :s
  • Options
    alexfebaalexfeba Posts: 16
    edited November 2019
    Any possibilities for TRNSMT festival in Glasgow? Dates could fit, as this UK Festival hint does, right?
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon
    2019: EV Dublin
  • Options
    kst said:
    aidt17 said:
    PJNB said:
    aidt17 said:

thanks 

-Flights:  July is more expensive than June most likely and if you are willing to fly to not necessarily the perfect airport you could probably do somewhat better than 1250 especially in June.

-Hotels:  some countries and cities are more expensive than others.  Germany and the Netherlands can be quite reasonable, although like anywhere else if you need to stay in the downtown core of a large city it tends to cost more.

-Concert tickets:  the 2020 pricing is not known but I would estimate that 6 tickets would cost considerably more than 700 Canadian.  EV solo tickets this year were upwards of 100 euros apiece in most cities which is probably less than what PJ will charge next year.  100 euros is about 150 Canadian at current rates so 6 tickets would be 900 CAD and likely pushing 1000 if prices increase next year.

-City to city travel doesn’t have to cost that much.  It depends which cities and how far apart, but rail tickets purchased well in advance can have some great prices, and renting a car can sometimes work out cheaper if you have two people.

-But all in all, I would agree with the general ranges stated in terms of big picture costs.

Thanks for the info. Pretty much has to be in July. We are both in the education business and our schools are wrapped up around the 26th, then just needed to firm up grandparents to watch the kids......

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    myoung321 said:
    RS65573 said:
    I have never been anywhere in Europe. Where should I go?

Looking for indoor, seated, so my seniority matters. Other than that just a fun city for the wife and I to hang for a few days.
    Amsterdam is always amazing! Like walking around a museum. English is spoken everywhere, making it an easy first visit. The last several Euro tours kicked off there.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/230393/lets-talk-amsterdam-2014/p1
    I would LOVE to see amsterdam, but PJ 101 is you goto the LAST night of the tour. ;)
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    there is a contest on rockwerchter website to guess the acts to win tickets. the deadline of the contest is november 17th. so for sure no news till then...
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    lellopj said:
    there is a contest on rockwerchter website to guess the acts to win tickets. the deadline of the contest is november 17th. so for sure no news till then...
    Good catch. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    kst said:
    aidt17 said:
    PJNB said:
    aidt17 said:

thanks 

It sounds like alot of fun. Does anyone find it ironic among the lowest cost are the actual tickets for the actual talent?

Is it outrageous for a band of this popularity to potentially charge $500 -1000 a ticket when loyal fans are willing to drop up to $10k on a vacation centered on following the band?

Is the band leaving millions on the table traveling to remote locations that are fun for them while bypassing more populous and high revenue domestic locations for an extended period of time? Spicy contemplation.
  • Options
    "Is the band leaving millions on the table traveling to remote locations that are fun for them while bypassing more populous and high revenue domestic locations for an extended period of time? Spicy contemplation. "

Of course!  That's just one of the many reasons to love this band.  They save the best tickets for the real fans and make them affordable.  Playing Moline, Illinois, USA, in 2014 says a lot.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    I understand the point, but I hope people aren’t spending $10k just to see Pearl Jam shows.  That would be odd.   Europe is the draw for me, and the bonus is Pearl Jam shows.  I would pay $300 to see one show or two, but not five at that price.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    I understand the point, but I hope people aren’t spending $10k just to see Pearl Jam shows.  That would be odd.   Europe is the draw for me, and the bonus is Pearl Jam shows.  I would pay $300 to see one show or two, but not five at that price.
    They're not. He's distorting a point to beat the same drum he beats in every one of his posts. If Pearl Jam charged $500 per ticket, we could finally see them in clubs again.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    pjl44 said:
    They're not. He's distorting a point to beat the same drum he beats in every one of his posts. If Pearl Jam charged $500 per ticket, we could finally see them in clubs again.
    And to only play in New York.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    kst said:
    aidt17 said:
    PJNB said:
    aidt17 said:

thanks 

Is it outrageous for a band of this popularity to potentially charge $500 -1000 a ticket?

Yes, quite outrageous.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    Poncier said:
    kst said:
    aidt17 said:
    PJNB said:
    aidt17 said:

thanks 

Is it outrageous for a band of this popularity to potentially charge $500 -1000 a ticket?

Yes, quite outrageous.
    I would never pay $500 to see anything.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    kst said:
    aidt17 said:
    PJNB said:
    aidt17 said:

thanks 

Yes, quite outrageous.
    Gilmour, Waters, and Mason playing Pink Floyd songs for 2 hours+ and you can take at least five hundo from me
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    kst said:
    aidt17 said:
    PJNB said:
    aidt17 said:

thanks 

Yes, quite outrageous.
    Gilmour, Waters, and Mason playing Pink Floyd songs for 2 hours+ and you can take at least five hundo from me
    Page, Plant, Jones, and Bonhams son drumming would probably get me to pay that much
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:
    kst said:
    aidt17 said:
    PJNB said:
    aidt17 said:

thanks 

Yes, quite outrageous.
    Page, Plant, Jones, and Bonhams son drumming would probably get me to pay that much
    A few years back maybe, but not sure Plant could come close to doing the material justice at this point.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    I paid $250 for PJ in 94 in the 10th row. Whats that in todays money?

I was also 20 so I WORKED for it then, lol.

Id 100% pay $500 for front row.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:3i
    kst said:
    aidt17 said:
    PJNB said:
    aidt17 said:

thanks 

Yes, quite outrageous.
    I paid $500 face value to see Springsteen on Broadway. 
    As a fan of many decades and shows it was worth every penny.
    Would pay that to see PJ in a small club for a special event.
    Certainly  not for a stadium,  ballpark, or even an arena.