Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Also, I wish everybody with children too young to be vaccinated could be exempt from having to deal with this. This situation is just not even right.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    Also, I wish everybody with children too young to be vaccinated could be exempt from having to deal with this. This situation is just not even right.
    Fact 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Maybe my mum. I thought  that might help but i dont want her  to be in danger.  This all sucks ass

If your mum is vaccinated and willing to go, I would pull that emergency ripcord. This is one of those situations that's high pressure for you and you want it to go as smoothly as possible for your daughter. 
    ^^^That right there probably wasn't the best advice I've ever offered, but I feel like there's a compromise to be found in there somewhere. And if there's not and you have to go it alone, you can always go home afterwards and write it out here. 
  • Options
    My daughter  19 doesn't start work until 10 so.can walk with us. But im seriously  going into deep depression now i don't  want to be here anymore. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    What helps you when you feel this way?
  • Options
    Im not sure. I've stayed in bed before and taken valium but its pointless.  I tend to freeze to the spot.  I just dont know how to keep going  anymore. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    That's what usually helps me. Staying in bed. I just let myself be as miserable as I want to be, until the storm passes. Sometimes that's the only thing that helps. I look at it like my brain is rebooting.
  • Options
    Thanks  for listening.  I hope you are well
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    That's what usually helps me. Staying in bed. I just let myself be as miserable as I want to be, until the storm passes. Sometimes that's the only thing that helps. I look at it like my brain is rebooting.
    i did that yesterday. I was convinced I had covid, so I was in bed until about 2pm. It didn't help that my wife and kids went off to a friend's cottage, and I'm always so worried about my kids when I'm not there (my wife is obviously perfectly capable, I have this irrational god complex about my kids that they are only safe in my presence). 

finally got up and started to do yard work. Felt better until right after I was done. Rode it out watching CFL and that stupid jake paul tyron woodley boxing match. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    i did that yesterday. I was convinced I had covid, so I was in bed until about 2pm. It didn't help that my wife and kids went off to a friend's cottage, and I'm always so worried about my kids when I'm not there (my wife is obviously perfectly capable, I have this irrational god complex about my kids that they are only safe in my presence). 

finally got up and started to do yard work. Felt better until right after I was done. Rode it out watching CFL and that stupid jake paul tyron woodley boxing match. LOL

One think you could do and this is really just for piece of mind. The at home testing antigen tests you can get at CVS for like 22 dollars ( comes with two ). Yes it is not as good as going to get an test that goes out but says it is 95% accurate.

Being fully vaxed but having anxiety , I woke up Sunday assume I had Covid , I knew I most likely did not , took a test , 15 mins later says I am negative and my anti anxiety pill kicked in and I had a wonderful Sunday just hanging out with my wife.

Again this is more for piece of mind when I know I am freaking myself out , if I had an actual fever with symptoms I would of course get a test done that gets mailed out.

So 11 dollars to take a panic attack away and to make me have a good Sunday is worth the price at least for me.

• Options
    Im not sure. I've stayed in bed before and taken valium but its pointless.  I tend to freeze to the spot.  I just dont know how to keep going  anymore. 

Rob:

Sorry your having such a tough time , I wish I had the right words to say to make everything better but we are all hear to listen and try to give advice.

I know it feels like forever since you have felt well but try to remember those good times you do have and keep those in your heart.

It sound like with your moms help or older daughters could be useful.

Also I agree with the above statement that parents with kids that cannot be vaccinated right now should somehow be exempt from this shit show.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Its going to be ok friend.

• Options
    Matts3221 said:

One think you could do and this is really just for piece of mind. The at home testing antigen tests you can get at CVS for like 22 dollars ( comes with two ). Yes it is not as good as going to get an test that goes out but says it is 95% accurate.

Being fully vaxed but having anxiety , I woke up Sunday assume I had Covid , I knew I most likely did not , took a test , 15 mins later says I am negative and my anti anxiety pill kicked in and I had a wonderful Sunday just hanging out with my wife.

Again this is more for piece of mind when I know I am freaking myself out , if I had an actual fever with symptoms I would of course get a test done that gets mailed out.

So 11 dollars to take a panic attack away and to make me have a good Sunday is worth the price at least for me.

after doing some research, all my symptoms point to anxiety. and I didn't know about an at home antigen test. maybe i should check that out. thanks. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Those home tests are free here but they are only for no symptoms. If you have any symptoms pcr is the only test that works.  
    Thanks guys took a pill slept back to square one. Im convinced i have  cancer . Cant not  think it despite being checked my symptoms remain as bad 3 weeks on.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Those home tests are free here but they are only for no symptoms. If you have any symptoms pcr is the only test that works.  
    Thanks guys took a pill slept back to square one. Im convinced i have  cancer . Cant not  think it despite being checked my symptoms remain as bad 3 weeks on.

Rob

I can almost certainly say you don't have cancer , that said when my brain goes there , you could not tell me otherwise. I hope something can help you thru this. What symptoms are you currently showing for the past three weeks that are making you think you do have it?

Here in the US the test I get is meant for showing or not showing symptoms Covid , again though for me its more just to take the edge off if I am having a panic attack. I know I don't have Coivd but I need more than just my thought to show me. Even if it cost 11 dollars the sight of a negative test takes me back down. I more or less can go full panic by waking up with a stuffy nose even though I have central air running all night and a fan blowing on me so that would be the actual cause of stuffy nose.

Of course if I had actual symptoms and was sick I would get an actual test.  

• Options

Way to ride it out!! I'm so glad that you were able to salvage the rest of your day. :plus_one:
  • Options
    When is your daughter's first day of school? How are things going on that front? Is she excited about going to school?
  • Options
    Monday she is excited. One of my other daughters  started college today (she doesnt  live with us) .  I have another daughter  starting uni end of sept. Double vaxxed. But  step son who lives here starts school friday. He is not at all up for it and is 14 and against the world. In fact the hardest kid to be around. And he isn't  mine so im like a corpse to him. He will bring covid here for sure
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Monday she is excited. One of my other daughters  started college today (she doesnt  live with us) .  I have another daughter  starting uni end of sept. Double vaxxed. But  step son who lives here starts school friday. He is not at all up for it and is 14 and against the world. In fact the hardest kid to be around. And he isn't  mine so im like a corpse to him. He will bring covid here for sure
    Don't jinx the household, man.  :)
  • Options
    Thanks  for listening.  I hope you are well
    You're welcome always. I'm doing better now, had a bout of insomnia going on...which is particularly disturbing considering how much I love sleep.
  • Options

I had a breakdown / breakthru last night. For months I have been up and down and just cant figure out what it is that is making it like this. I have been blaming so many other things and I nailed it down.

I am afraid I am going to kill my mom.

Let me rephrase , I am terrified I am going to get a breakthru case of Covid and then give it to my mom and kill her.

I don't see her that often because of how scared I am.

Even vaccinated and using a mask I don't think "am I going to get a breakthru case ?" but " When am I going to get a breakthru case ?"

Its such an awful way to think and live. I cried for a while with my wife. I took next week off of work for vacation and am seeing my therapist for the first time in a while.

Eat well , get sleep , and address this concern.

My wife lost her father four days before Christmas 2011 and would give anything to have 10 mins with him , yet I am avoiding my mother out of a fear that really is someone understandable but in the end is not that much to worry about. We are all vaccinated , we don't go out to restaurant's or events , wear masks when grocery shopping.

Going to see my mom tomorrow and hug the shit out of her.

Rob I only included you in this because , I care about you and I wonder if you are feeling the same way. I know you are vaccinated , obviously our 14 year old cannot but I assume is taking proper precautions.

I know you have issues with your doctors but maybe an online group you can fine for those dealing with these feelings ( I am going to look for one ) its just something I am sure deep down I knew all along but have been avoiding confronting this fear.  

• Options
    Matts3221 said:

I had a breakdown / breakthru last night. For months I have been up and down and just cant figure out what it is that is making it like this. I have been blaming so many other things and I nailed it down.

Let me rephrase , I am terrified I am going to get a breakthru case of Covid and then give it to my mom and kill her.

Even vaccinated and using a mask I don't think "am I going to get a breakthru case ?" but " When am I going to get a breakthru case ?"

Its such an awful way to think and live. I cried for a while with my wife. I took next week off of work for vacation and am seeing my therapist for the first time in a while.

My wife lost her father four days before Christmas 2011 and would give anything to have 10 mins with him , yet I am avoiding my mother out of a fear that really is someone understandable but in the end is not that much to worry about. We are all vaccinated , we don't go out to restaurant's or events , wear masks when grocery shopping.

Rob I only included you in this because , I care about you and I wonder if you are feeling the same way. I know you are vaccinated , obviously our 14 year old cannot but I assume is taking proper precautions.

I know you have issues with your doctors but maybe an online group you can fine for those dealing with these feelings ( I am going to look for one ) its just something I am sure deep down I knew all along but have been avoiding confronting this fear.  

Why can't your 14 year old be vaxxed?

breakthroughs are always so cathartic, and yet sometimes traumatizing, because now is the time to actually fix the issue now that you've realized it. 

I wish you well. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited September 2021
    Matts3221 said:

breakthroughs are always so cathartic, and yet sometimes traumatizing, because now is the time to actually fix the issue now that you've realized it. 

I wish you well. 
    Same here, wishing you well. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Pre-vaccinatiom my partner regularly went through the same thing.  He would worry constantly that it was going to happen to him, that he would get covid, spread it to his dad and that they would both die. He was really anxious.  It was a nightmare everyday for months and months all year round, up until August. Fortunatly now since he has been double vaxxed, he has calmed down a lot and doesnt freak out so much when I need to go somewhere. 

It sounds like you are doing everything you can and being sensible.

My mum regularly talks about dying as she is old and it's like, why spend the last 10 or 20 years talking about dying! Everytime i say that it usually ends that conversation, as discussions like that just make everyone feel miserable.

I hope any part of this helps. All the best x
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:

I wish you well. 
    Same here, wishing you well. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Pre-vaccinatiom my partner regularly went through the same thing.  He would worry constantly that it was going to happen to him, that he would get covid, spread it to his dad and that they would both die. He was really anxious.  It was a nightmare everyday for months and months all year round, up until August. Fortunatly now since he has been double vaxxed, he has calmed down a lot and doesnt freak out so much when I need to go somewhere. 

It sounds like you are doing everything you can and being sensible.

My mum regularly talks about dying as she is old and it's like, why spend the last 10 or 20 years talking about dying! Everytime i say that it usually ends that conversation, as discussions like that just make everyone feel miserable.

I hope any part of this helps. All the best x
    my father in law is the same. he's not an anxious man by any means, but he's constantly saying stuff like "it'll all be over soon". he's been saying that for about 15 years. it's like he wants to be right about even his death. his last "i told you so" kind of thing. it's weird. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    My dad says similar remarks about dying. The remarks come out in unusual ways and I usually brush them off...but you know what? How many times has someone broached the subject of their death and you were able to have a real conversation about it? How many times does that really happen? Probably not many. Maybe most people have to just make off-putting remarks, because no one can really talk about it? I don't know.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    People usually shy away when I broach it. My husband is the only one I can speak with about it, openly. My dad would’ve been as well.

Death is a part of life. Or, life is a part of death. All intertwined. Seems silly to me to avoid it. It happens, no matter how deeply some dig their heads in the sand. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Matts3221 said:

Oddly enough, right around the same time as your guys were saying (Wednesday, 9/1 in the AM, actually), I woke up and felt godawful, like really, really awful.  Like, "I must have COVID and this is the end."  I stayed in bed later than late and eventually got up and made some coffee.  That helped a little.  And after a few more hours, I kind of puttered around the house.  And by the time it got to be about 1/2 hour before sunset, I got out with my wife for our daily brisk walk and seemed OK.  Pretty much feeling normal since then (except depressed as hell due to the massive fire close to home and in the west in general).  I wondered if maybe this was some kind of delayed reaction to the vaccine we got back in March and April.  So strange.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Matts3221 said:

I wish you well. 
    I was referring to Rob about the 14 year old but then realize you can get it at 12.

yes both of what you said. I know what the issue is and working thru it.

Thank you all for the kind words 
  • Options
    We dont vaccinate under 16 atm here. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Ive been in bed 2 days takinga pills to not get along.  I just cant move
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Monday i must throw my beautiful  4 year old to the lions as well . I do not want to do it.this country  is fucked up. No precautions  whatsoever.  In 1 months  time we will all have it or have had it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07