Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    We dont vaccinate under 16 atm here. 
    Didn't realize your stepson wasn't eligible to be vaccinated. That makes things all the more difficult, now doesn't it? Shit.

Is your wife with you today? Even if you deal with this situation in two totally different ways, you're in this together. I don't know whether or not that is the case, but if it is...remember that you're in this together. 
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited September 2021
    My dad says similar remarks about dying. The remarks come out in unusual ways and I usually brush them off...but you know what? How many times has someone broached the subject of their death and you were able to have a real conversation about it? How many times does that really happen? Probably not many. Maybe most people have to just make off-putting remarks, because no one can really talk about it? I don't know.
    Yeah, I think all of you are right.
    No one is supposed to talk about it, but people want to broach the subject about their own mortality just to address it (as that is how they feel). 

I also agree that it's so they can have the last word, like @HughFreakingDillon said, I told you!

Perhaps I could try to listen, but i find it difficult to consider this as an alternative reality in advance, as it will be bad enough when it does happen and I'm not looking forward to it.

For most of the last few years, particularly during covid, I have worried months on end, and each day in and out, that things are coming to an end.

But everyday or everytime I spend time with them, drinking tea, talking, cooking, cleaning, shopping, doing laundry, gardening, caring for them, checking medication, taking them to appointments, helping them, taking them out, buying new things for them that they need, etc, they seem ok. 

I've stopped worrying so much now, I think regular interaction and supervision helps them keep going. I feel grateful they are here :)
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    for 4 years ive kept her safe and well and happy. She says dad you are my best friend.  She has her pj wristband on to charge her up for school.  God i wish i could keep.her here with me forever 
     We are best friends.  And we do everything together  everyday and through lockdown  times we gardened most days and found  peace and pure joy in nature. Im crying  my eyes out typing  this. I don't  want to let her  go.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    As i type daughter  came on my tv
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    for 4 years ive kept her safe and well and happy. She says dad you are my best friend.  She has her pj wristband on to charge her up for school.  God i wish i could keep.her here with me forever 
     We are best friends.  And we do everything together  everyday and through lockdown  times we gardened most days and found  peace and pure joy in nature. Im crying  my eyes out typing  this. I don't  want to let her  go.
    Cry when you need to cry. Sleep when you need to sleep. Get it all out. I know you're doing what you need to do to prepare, because tomorrow is a special day for that little one. ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    Now it begins.  My best friend. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    She is so beautiful and looks so happy !!!
  • Options
    Great smile! 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683

Cute as a button!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    She  is my everything.  Bless her she  was so happy  and cant wait to go back tomorrow  and play. 
    I know illness is coming  amd ive cried and shook all day. But its not about  me thats what i keep telling myself.  If she is happy i must hold this in.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Its all come on top. 3 am shaking crying. Heart racing. Breathing rapid. The enormity of this has hit me. Im fucked
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    How are you feeling now?
  • Options
    Its 1.45pm i had half a valium at 10 and a can of beer now.. i feel dirty and wrong. Its not sustainable.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Why do you feel that way, because of taking the medicine during the day? 
  • Options
    Drinking is always a guilty  feeling. And i know valium is bad. I just dont know what to do anymore. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Well, maybe the valium during the day can just be short term. Have you thought about cutting out Covid news for now?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    are you abusing either?

aside from the guilt, are you getting some relief?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Well, maybe the valium during the day can just be short term. Have you thought about cutting out Covid news for now?
    I will so that if possible.  Its everywhere  here  school  gates are so awful for me. Its my job to take rosie in the a.m as my partner takes her  teen  son by car to college. 
    I always beat  myself  up so much. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    are you abusing either?

aside from the guilt, are you getting some relief?
    Im not abusing  either atm. I rarely take half a valium.  And drink  i have days of over doing it then days if one drink.  So I guess  alcohol  is a problem  as far as go to. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Relief  ... i was. Not today feels disgusting  and low
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,880
    edited September 2021
    Also im being  very honest  and vulnerable  on here i just suddenly  thought how many people see this and i feel vulnerable  and embarrassed.  Im too open sometimes.  I just  write here not thinking who is reading.  
    But i am me and i am honesty  personified 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited September 2021

feelings as real as they are,  arent facts. they WILL pass if we let them. that's a judgement you are placing on yourself.

some of what I've read from you gives me the impression you are punishing yourself for something. as if you believe you aren't worthy of peace. I've had my time in that. Terrible place to be.

so if my impression is close to the truth, I ask why AREN'T you worthy of peace. Why not you? Same as anyone else?

not that this is a cure all but dammit man, give yourself a fucking break once in a while.

show yourself the same care and kindness you readily offer the folks here.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,880
    edited September 2021
    mickeyrat said:

feelings as real as they are,  arent facts. they WILL pass if we let them. that's a judgement you are placing on yourself.

some of what I've read from you gives me the impression you are punishing yourself for something. as if you believe you aren't worthy of peace. I've had my time in that. Terrible place to be.

so if my impression is close to the truth, I ask why AREN'T you worthy of peace. Why not you? Same as anyone else?

not that this is a cure all but dammit man, give yourself a fucking break once in a while.
    That is accurate  my friend.  I cried  reading  it. Its true and i dont  understand wtf is happening  to me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I will so that if possible.  Its everywhere  here  school  gateso awful for me. Its my job to take rosie in the a.m as my partner takes her  teen  son by car to college. 
    I always beat  myself  up so much. 
    I think you should go easy on yourself. This is new territory and you're just starting out. You need time to learn how to navigate and cope. 
    I think you will keep trying to find what works for you, and that is all anyone can ask for. I just hope you will give yourself some time and some room to make mistakes.
  • Options
    I really do appreciate  you friends being here.i have this  next to my bed i just  re read it. My eldest daughter  wrote this  to me 6-8 months  ago. And its exactly  what you are saying
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    you've raised some smart girls. listen to them.

• Options
    Thank you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

wow. amazing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

Beautiful!!! What great insight....'one small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means you were put to the test and didn't fall apart'.