Options

John McCain

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    The DC establishment just celebrated one of their own, the poster boy for term limits.  Let us not forget and be distracted by the circus.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited September 2018
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    Hi! said:
    I cant help but think of the current resident of the white house and the current state of American politics, it's almost as if we're watching the funeral of America itself. 
    Great observation, Hi!  Sure feels like it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Thats great.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Team Trump Treason not only wouldn’t have shared, he would have slapped it out their hand.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874
    love it!  Meghan mccain:  “we gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those who lived lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served.”
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Meghan McCain eulogy was amazing. So sad.  

And if course he designed his funeral, lots of people do. Lots of laughing about a funeral...nice.
    Meghan McCain-you go girl!!!
  • Options
    Could it be we will see more civility and a little appropriate and humble class work its way back into the fiber of America?  If so, will it last?  Will we say "no more" to looking foolish?  Sure hope so. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,266
    brianlux said:
    Could it be we will see more civility and a little appropriate and humble class work its way back into the fiber of America?  If so, will it last?  Will we say "no more" to looking foolish?  Sure hope so. 
    I doubt it. The president spent the day tweeting about conspiracy theories in between his round of golf.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    I doubt it. The president spent the day tweeting about conspiracy theories in between his round of golf.
    Yeah and while I try to stay away from stupid Facebook discussion a friend of mine had some people posting outright lies about McCain so I engaged.  Of course I got the regular memes and fake news etc while they called Obama a Muslim and it will come out one day.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited September 2018
    Meghan McCain eulogy was amazing. So sad.  

And if course he designed his funeral, lots of people do. Lots of laughing about a funeral...nice.
    Meghan McCain-you go girl!!!
    She's awful on the The View. 

And yes, sometimes I watch clips from The View on youtube.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The view is just awful period...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Yeah and while I try to stay away from stupid Facebook discussion a friend of mine had some people posting outright lies about McCain so I engaged.  Of course I got the regular memes and fake news etc while they called Obama a Muslim and it will come out one day.
    You have some very peculiar friends. 

Come to think of it, so do I. :lol:

• Options
    lol Baffoon deplorables are outraged about the digs yesterday’s memorial yet Baffoon spent a whole two years ridiculing everyone from a disabled reporter to a war hero and that was fine by his base and most of the GOP dirtbags , you know what screw them all he deserves every single criticism of his presidency!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    It would have meant more if he was in attendance to have it said to his face ....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    You have some very peculiar friends. 

Come to think of it, so do I. :lol:
    It wasn’t my friend that posted...someone else that posted on his Facebook.  But yes I have some weird friends
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    It would have meant more if he was in attendance to have it said to his face ....

Yes no doubt about that but still Jared & Ivanka we’re there to take it for him , I’d love to hear the convo between her & Jared after the service in their limousine...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Yes no doubt about that but still Jared & Ivanka we’re there to take it for him , I’d love to hear the convo between her & Jared after the service in their limousine...
    I did not realize they were ... odd ...

Was Pence there?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    edited September 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes, McCain fucked up really bad with Palin.... to an unforgivable extent, IMO, even if you do like war. I mean, his decision to have Palin by his side wasn't just a mistake, as he would have had you believe in later years. It was a very, very carefully thought out decision. He weighed all aspects, and went with the decision that was clearly bad for Americans as far as anyone with his intelligence is concerned, but thought it was still best for his chance of winning at the time (that part is the mistake). He sure didn't put America first as far as that goes... That is why I have raised doubts about his rejection of Trump. I think he showed us that he actually is willing to put his career and personal position before what's best for America, and it was only when he didn't have a future career anymore that he saw fit to actually do what's right (kinda).

That said, no, Trump is not McCain's fault, that's just silly. Trump is the fault of the voters. They are the ones who let Palin and everything that came after turn them dumb.
    Are you suggestion that not every presidential candidate doesn’t do that?
    They all do. They look at their voters, the voters of their opponent, and select a running mate that can appeal to the voters in the middle. 
    I would doubt any president selects who is best for America over who can be more appealing and get more votes.
    And yes, Palin was a huge mistake. I’ve always been in the camp that believe she was only selected to counter the “first black president” vote with the “first woman VP” vote. If Obama wasn’t black, he wouldn’t have chosen Palin. That’s not unusual to do something like that.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes, McCain fucked up really bad with Palin.... to an unforgivable extent, IMO, even if you do like war. I mean, his decision to have Palin by his side wasn't just a mistake, as he would have had you believe in later years. It was a very, very carefully thought out decision. He weighed all aspects, and went with the decision that was clearly bad for Americans as far as anyone with his intelligence is concerned, but thought it was still best for his chance of winning at the time (that part is the mistake). He sure didn't put America first as far as that goes... That is why I have raised doubts about his rejection of Trump. I think he showed us that he actually is willing to put his career and personal position before what's best for America, and it was only when he didn't have a future career anymore that he saw fit to actually do what's right (kinda).

That said, no, Trump is not McCain's fault, that's just silly. Trump is the fault of the voters. They are the ones who let Palin and everything that came after turn them dumb.
    They all do. They look at their voters, the voters of their opponent, and select a running mate that can appeal to the voters in the middle. 
    I would doubt any president selects who is best for America over who can be more appealing and get more votes.
    And yes, Palin was a huge mistake. I’ve always been in the camp that believe she was only selected to counter the “first black president” vote with the “first woman VP” vote. If Obama wasn’t black, he wouldn’t have chosen Palin. That’s not unusual to do something like that.
    If that was the main reason McCain selected Palin- because she is a woman- that would be like walking into a shoe store and blinding picking the first pair of shoes you see and going with them.  Oh oops, looks like I'm going to attempt to climb Mt. McKinley is these:

Let's face it, he either fucked up or was led astray by poor advice.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

If that was the main reason McCain selected Palin- because she is a woman- that would be like walking into a shoe store and blinding picking the first pair of shoes you see and going with them.  Oh oops, looks like I'm going to attempt to climb Mt. McKinley is these:

Probably not the only factor, but I guarantee it was discussed and a factor.
    Like I said, every candidates selects who they think would be a good pair for them and get more votes. At the time his campaign thought Palin fit that bill.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Like I said, every candidates selects who they think would be a good pair for them and get more votes. At the time his campaign thought Palin fit that bill.
    Mighty strange thinking I'd say.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

he attempted to attract the tea party fucks with her.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tell me again how shit like this is cool? fuck all what you think of the man and his record. This is someone grieving the death of a parent.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Wth is that?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    tell me again how shit like this is cool? fuck all what you think of the man and his record. This is someone grieving the death of a parent.
    WTF does that mean?  What kind of twisted message is this?  Whatever it's supposed to imply, why would someone do that? 

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    That was some Funeralpalooza!
    RIP

https://youtu.be/srX9lfpyhdU
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Is that Duke Nukem?

• Options
    Who the fuck  mourns over the death of a war monger politician, especially this one.  Wonder how many real important people to society passed away unnoticed while America was sending this war monger off.
    Give Peas A Chance…