Options

John McCain

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJ_Soul said:
    McCain hated Trump, and Trump hates McCain. I don't understand why anyone expects or even wants Trump to do anything. To me, it would be more respectful for him to keep his trap shut completely. Instead, everyone's forced a completely fucking insincere statement out of him.
    because even your adversaries are to be respected in death in a professional manner. he can say what he wants behind closed doors, but in public, as a head of state, he should be respectful. 

no one expects Trump to be an adult, but it's normal to want him to be. 
    Might have something to do with McCain's involvement with the dossier and the seriousness of actual "treason". 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    JC29856 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    McCain hated Trump, and Trump hates McCain. I don't understand why anyone expects or even wants Trump to do anything. To me, it would be more respectful for him to keep his trap shut completely. Instead, everyone's forced a completely fucking insincere statement out of him.
    because even your adversaries are to be respected in death in a professional manner. he can say what he wants behind closed doors, but in public, as a head of state, he should be respectful. 

Might have something to do with McCain's involvement with the dossier and the seriousness of actual "treason". 
    laughable or maybe he hated the baffoon for being a Russian puppet ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well I personally found it gross to watch Trump stand up and say a bunch of shit he doesn't believe, knowing he was forced to it just to shut people up. I think that is totally disrespectful to McCain's memory (not that I'm concerned about McCain's memory.... I'm patiently waiting for the pearl clutching to end).
    I didn't see it, nor will I. You're right in that everyone can see through it so plainly it is painfully obvious it's completely fabricated. he really is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't here. But it's of his own doing and how he conducts himself on a tweet to tweet basis. 
    Sure, but he didn't actually do anything untoward when it came to McCain's death in the first place. He posted a condolences tweet, he had the WH flag lowered for the officially recommended time. That was enough from someone who McCain preemptively banned from his own funeral IMO, lol. Frankly, for once I think Trump got it right (until forced to make it bad) and everyone else got it wrong in their reaction/expectations.
    he offered his respect to McCain's family, while saying nothing about McCain himself. that was not enough. not for a sitting senator. not for a pow. not for a veteran. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If Trump and McCain were best buddies everyone of you predictable people would be calling McCain out ... quit being fucking hypocrites.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    If Trump and McCain were best buddies everyone of you predictable people would be calling McCain out ... quit being fucking hypocrites.
    jesus christ. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

cont'd on Porch sticky link....

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    jesus christ. 
    What? When Trump dies, are people here going to say we need to honor him just because he was a president? Are we now going to be sad and remorseful when Bush and his minions start dying? I think what we should really be doing is analyzing the criteria for when someone who dies receives certain honors based on a lifetime of supporting wars, racism, divisiveness and the like. Maybe McCain balanced the scales in the end, maybe he didn't. He died, he was honored and that's it. If Trump wanted to make a statement it should have been real. You can pay respects without pandering.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    jesus christ. 
    What? When Trump dies, are people here going to say we need to honor him just because he was a president? Are we now going to be sad and remorseful when Bush and his minions start dying? I think what we should really be doing is analyzing the criteria for when someone who dies receives certain honors based on a lifetime of supporting wars, racism, divisiveness and the like. Maybe McCain balanced the scales in the end, maybe he didn't. He died, he was honored and that's it. If Trump wanted to make a statement it should have been real. You can pay respects without pandering.
    I am the type of person that finds eulogies and obituaries to only be half the story. They have always bothered me, just for that fact. I want to write my own, so i can tell the real story of how much of an asshole I could sometimes be. 

Everyone knows no one is a saint. 

But the office of the president is different than just any other eulogy or statement of respect being paid. Does mccain deserve to have some special monument in his honour? I don't know and I don't care. All I'm saying is that trump is acting like a child with this behaviour. Like I said, I'm not surprised, but that doesn't take away from how pathetic it is. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Welll written, shows the ever changing media narrative of McCain 00 to McCain 08 to McCain 16. Interesting

https://medium.com/@mtracey/john-mccain-was-not-an-anecdote-2b1b4dcc4dd
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well I personally found it gross to watch Trump stand up and say a bunch of shit he doesn't believe, knowing he was forced to it just to shut people up. I think that is totally disrespectful to McCain's memory (not that I'm concerned about McCain's memory.... I'm patiently waiting for the pearl clutching to end).
    I didn't see it, nor will I. You're right in that everyone can see through it so plainly it is painfully obvious it's completely fabricated. he really is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't here. But it's of his own doing and how he conducts himself on a tweet to tweet basis. 
    Sure, but he didn't actually do anything untoward when it came to McCain's death in the first place. He posted a condolences tweet, he had the WH flag lowered for the officially recommended time. That was enough from someone who McCain preemptively banned from his own funeral IMO, lol. Frankly, for once I think Trump got it right (until forced to make it bad) and everyone else got it wrong in their reaction/expectations.
    he offered his respect to McCain's family, while saying nothing about McCain himself. that was not enough. not for a sitting senator. not for a pow. not for a veteran. 
    Yeah, not enough from someone we want to hear from, or a normal POTUS ... Quite enough from someone who is the most inappropriate man in the world and who hated McCain, and who McCain hated. I'm not sure I understand why people keep insisting that Trump respond to this like a normal president who had a normal relationship with the dead person. Honestly, why in the world, unless it's being used as some kind of weapon, would people want to literally shame Trump into some wholly insincere comments that will necessarily be way too late?? It really doesn't make any sense. It sure as hell isn't to round out a show of respect for McCain. It would have been more respectful to McCain to leave it well enough alone. Now his death has just become another Trump clusterfuck. That easily could have been avoided.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Uh...and all the Trumpies would be singing his praises.  Loyalty to Trump is all any of them care about.  Speaking of predicable....
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, not enough from someone we want to hear from, or a normal POTUS ... Quite enough from someone who is the most inappropriate man in the world and who hated McCain, and who McCain hated. I'm not sure I understand why people keep insisting that Trump respond to this like a normal president who had a normal relationship with the dead person. Honestly, why in the world, unless it's being used as some kind of weapon, would people want to literally shame Trump into some wholly insincere comments that will necessarily be way too late?? It really doesn't make any sense. It sure as hell isn't to round out a show of respect for McCain. It would have been more respectful to McCain to leave it well enough alone. Now his death has just become another Trump clusterfuck. That easily could have been avoided.
    I agree completely that it made it much worse that he did a 180 on it. which to me was odd. that's not his usual MO, to bow to public (or private) pressure on anything. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jesus christ. 
    He was a war veteran that voted to go to war.  I have relatives that served in WW2 ... they despise war.  Yet this son of a bitch voted for war ... fuck him.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    jesus christ. 
    He was a war veteran that voted to go to war.  I have relatives that served in WW2 ... they despise war.  Yet this son of a bitch voted for war ... fuck him.  
    name one person in politics you admire/get inspired by/don't want to stab in the eye with a rusty fork, then maybe we can have a rational conversation. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    The whole baffoon family will join him at some point see immigrant children in captivity ....
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    JC29856 said:
    The whole baffoon family will join him at some point see immigrant children in captivity ....
    I understand not liking McCain but why do you also blame his family who are not in government for things that the government has done?
  • Options
    very interesting article but to be honest, I do get tired of people blaming him for trump because he picked Palin.  the Blame for Trump should be placed squarely on the public and no one else.
  • Options
    fife said:
    JC29856 said:
    I understand not liking McCain but why do you also blame his family who are not in government for things that the government has done?
    He was criticizing Trump's family, not McCain's. FYI, "baffoon" is Trump. ;) And we all know that a good portion of Trump's family are very much to blame.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    fife said:
    JC29856 said:
    He was criticizing Trump's family, not McCain's. FYI, "baffoon" is Trump. ;) And we all know that a good portion of Trump's family are very much to blame.
    sorry should have known that.  Sorry Jose
  • Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    fife said:
    very interesting article but to be honest, I do get tired of people blaming him for trump because he picked Palin.  the Blame for Trump should be placed squarely on the public and no one else.
    it's funny, as I hadn't heard that blame prior to his death. But it kind of makes sense. it is on the voting public for sure, but he kind of had a hand in normalizing free-talking idiot real-life caricatures to be in the heights of power. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    fife said:
    The blame for Trump should be on his parents for not aborting him.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    fife said:
    yikes
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    fife said:
    This isn't offensive, it just doesn't make sense, lol.
  • Options
    fife said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    fife said:
    JC29856 said:
    sorry should have known that.  Sorry Jose
    lol no biggie yeah i meant Orange Baffoon ...
  • Options
    fife said:
    it's funny, as I hadn't heard that blame prior to his death. But it kind of makes sense. it is on the voting public for sure, but he kind of had a hand in normalizing free-talking idiot real-life caricatures to be in the heights of power. 
    Really, I heard it for a long time.  any
  • Options
    fife said:
    yikes
    I do not not know anything about Trumps parents ... nothing about the Trump family leads me to believe they were good parents, Trump behaves like he has never  heard the word no and was given whatever he wants...they are the worst parents.
    Give Peas A Chance…