Options

John McCain

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    edited September 2018
    Who the fuck  mourns over the death of a war monger politician, especially this one.  Wonder how many real important people to society passed away unnoticed while America was sending this war monger off.
    His daughter for one. You know, the one in the picture that either some crazy trump supporter or some crazy anti-McCain person is pointing their gun at. 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    mickeyrat said:

Seeing as the Liar-in-Chief is a true textbook narcissist he had to find some way to make it about  him.
  • Options
    Who the fuck  mourns over the death of a war monger politician, especially this one.  Wonder how many real important people to society passed away unnoticed while America was sending this war monger off.
    I wonder how many war deferments were given out to the Trumps of the world while this war monger sat in solitary confinement? Yeah I agree his record as senator is questionable but his captivity can’t be just forgotten as if it never happened...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    gonna go with his mother, wife, children, extended family just to start......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,731
    Is this meant to be a reactionary enticing statement?  I have to assume you mean "who" as in the general public, but maybe not .  Surely you understand why family and friends would mourn his loss?  

As for unheralded peacemakers not being mourned by the public, I don't think there are many that get overlooked.  I can think of several who have been mourned- Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, U Thant,  Mother Teresa, Vaclav Havel, Elie Wiesel, Dag Hammarskjöld.

McCain was hawkish, this is true.   And I think it's worth remembering just as it is worth noting that almost all of our presidents have been, to some degree, warmongers.  Jimmy Carter is the only president in my lifetime that did not engage us in war.  

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    RIP Creator of ISIS.  
  • Options
    unsung said:
    RIP Creator of ISIS.  
    I thought Obama was responsible lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    unsung said:
    RIP Creator of ISIS.  
     .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyBcHUe4WeQ
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    unsung said:
    RIP Creator of ISIS.  
    I think McCain is the creator, Obama the "funder".
    This is my last post about McCain, "he gone".
    Unless of course their is an unsealing of POW records.

https://youtu.be/Gsf4vhK7v7E
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    RIP Creator of ISIS.  

More irrelevant irrelevancy.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    RIP Creator of ISIS.  

More irrelevant irrelevancy.
    I was hoping it was a note that read:
    "Top secret: A military tribunal is forming just outside the font doors, we better get the fuk out ASAP, pass it down! WJC" 
  • Options
    unsung said:
    RIP Creator of ISIS.  
    I wouldn't worry about it.  They're counterfeit and being pulled from the market. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    unsung said:
    RIP Creator of ISIS.  
    this is a very simple answer to a complex situation.  One single person didn't create ISIS.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes, McCain fucked up really bad with Palin.... to an unforgivable extent, IMO, even if you do like war. I mean, his decision to have Palin by his side wasn't just a mistake, as he would have had you believe in later years. It was a very, very carefully thought out decision. He weighed all aspects, and went with the decision that was clearly bad for Americans as far as anyone with his intelligence is concerned, but thought it was still best for his chance of winning at the time (that part is the mistake). He sure didn't put America first as far as that goes... That is why I have raised doubts about his rejection of Trump. I think he showed us that he actually is willing to put his career and personal position before what's best for America, and it was only when he didn't have a future career anymore that he saw fit to actually do what's right (kinda).

That said, no, Trump is not McCain's fault, that's just silly. Trump is the fault of the voters. They are the ones who let Palin and everything that came after turn them dumb.
    Are you suggestion that not every presidential candidate doesn’t do that?
    They all do. They look at their voters, the voters of their opponent, and select a running mate that can appeal to the voters in the middle. 
    I would doubt any president selects who is best for America over who can be more appealing and get more votes.
    And yes, Palin was a huge mistake. I’ve always been in the camp that believe she was only selected to counter the “first black president” vote with the “first woman VP” vote. If Obama wasn’t black, he wouldn’t have chosen Palin. That’s not unusual to do something like that.
    absolutely agree 100%. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes, McCain fucked up really bad with Palin.... to an unforgivable extent, IMO, even if you do like war. I mean, his decision to have Palin by his side wasn't just a mistake, as he would have had you believe in later years. It was a very, very carefully thought out decision. He weighed all aspects, and went with the decision that was clearly bad for Americans as far as anyone with his intelligence is concerned, but thought it was still best for his chance of winning at the time (that part is the mistake). He sure didn't put America first as far as that goes... That is why I have raised doubts about his rejection of Trump. I think he showed us that he actually is willing to put his career and personal position before what's best for America, and it was only when he didn't have a future career anymore that he saw fit to actually do what's right (kinda).

That said, no, Trump is not McCain's fault, that's just silly. Trump is the fault of the voters. They are the ones who let Palin and everything that came after turn them dumb.
    Are you suggestion that not every presidential candidate doesn’t do that?
    They all do. They look at their voters, the voters of their opponent, and select a running mate that can appeal to the voters in the middle. 
    I would doubt any president selects who is best for America over who can be more appealing and get more votes.
    And yes, Palin was a huge mistake. I’ve always been in the camp that believe she was only selected to counter the “first black president” vote with the “first woman VP” vote. If Obama wasn’t black, he wouldn’t have chosen Palin. That’s not unusual to do something like that.
    absolutely agree 100%. 
    trump is the fault of the voting eligble NONvoters who stayed the fuck home. THEY made this a reality..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    His daughter for one. You know, the one in the picture that either some crazy trump supporter or some crazy anti-McCain person is pointing their gun at. 

How many daughters lost their lives due to his war mongering?  Megan McCain isn’t special.
  • Options
    unsung said:

How many daughters lost their lives due to his war mongering?  Megan McCain isn’t special.
    How many have lost their lives due to your fear and need for everyone to have guns? You and people like you are the new warmongers.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Let’s not pretend that today’s GOPer hates McCain because he is a war-monger.  It’s because he reached across the aisle and the entire party has gone full Trump and prefers demonizing.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    unsung said:

How many have lost their lives due to your fear and need for everyone to have guns? You and people like you are the new warmongers.
    Alex, may I have Things That Have Absolutely Nothing to do with Each Other for $500, please?
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Alex, may I have Things That Have Absolutely Nothing to do with Each Other for $500, please?
    Alex can I have hypocritical posters for $1000?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Huh. War and guns and America have nothing to do with the other. Who would have thought?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Huh. War and guns and America have nothing to do with the other. Who would have thought?
    Correct.  War with other countries and the second amendment have zero to do with each other. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Correct.  War with other countries and the second amendment have zero to do with each other. 
    Nope. Both are tied in with your American values and self concept. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

A nation constantly at war produces a violent society. A violent society with easy access to firearms and which glorifies violence. Relevant. How many Americans were shot today or yesterday?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

No they don’t.  One has nothing to do with another.  I know you feel that you and Halifax know all things American being north of the border but you are completely wrong. I like guns and enjoy war? So because I drink beer I like fighting?  I mean the us is only at war because of the assholes who decided to fly planes into buildings on 9/11.  I fail to see the coorelation between that and the second amendment. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

A nation constantly at war produces a violent society. A violent society with easy access to firearms and which glorifies violence. Relevant. How many Americans were shot today or yesterday?
    No clue. Did you post any articles on non white shooters or are you sticking the same course?  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

No they don’t.  One has nothing to do with another.  I know you feel that you and Halifax know all things American being north of the border but you are completely wrong. I like guns and enjoy war? So because I drink beer I like fighting?  I mean the us is only at war because of the assholes who decided to fly planes into buildings on 9/11.  I fail to see the coorelation between that and the second amendment. 
    We're at war because of 9/11?  That simple?  Surely not.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

We're at war because of 9/11?  That simple?  Surely not.
    Of course not. Like the US was never at war before 9/11. There are many reasons the US is consistently at war, but a big one is the glorification of violence, conquest and the American hero.