Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Happy mother’s day

Looks delicous!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    A few pieces of sausage & bacon.  A slab of French Toast.  Splash some Vermont Fancy Grade Maple Syrup over it. 

I'm an old school guy...this new grading system for Syrup is silly.  Grew up surrounded by it and know Fancy is the best.
    Now, they would call that 'A - Golden'
    (I see you are a Medium Amber (or, A - Amber) guy.  Also good, but not sure if you want the best US syrup, you need to insist on VT.  ;) )

Stoli, olives, ice, dab of OJ.

Great start to a holiday - well done!

I was a Grade B guy. What the hell is that called now?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    dankind said:
    A few pieces of sausage & bacon.  A slab of French Toast.  Splash some Vermont Fancy Grade Maple Syrup over it. 

I'm an old school guy...this new grading system for Syrup is silly.  Grew up surrounded by it and know Fancy is the best.
    Now, they would call that 'A - Golden'
    (I see you are a Medium Amber (or, A - Amber) guy.  Also good, but not sure if you want the best US syrup, you need to insist on VT.  ;) )

Stoli, olives, ice, dab of OJ.

Great start to a holiday - well done!

I was a Grade B guy. What the hell is that called now?
    Grade A Dark is what I believe they call that now.

Cheesesteak advice....I make a mean Chickensteak but I dont make Cheesesteaks at home.  Big debate on if you chop that shit or cook as is with a little fat.

Sounds good for lunch.

"One provolone, wit."

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Cheesesteaks turned out great!
    I decided to add bacon, because...duh.  it's bacon.
    Thick sliced hickory bacon diced and sautéd with poblanos, then onions garlic and beef went in for a few, melted provolone and salt on top, Hellman's on the bun and sweet potato fries.
    It was delicious and Dr Gambs really liked it and she's never ordered a cheesesteak sandwich in her life.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Two artichokes steamed up for the Mrs and I.
    Kids thought they looked gross and would not eat.  I love artichokes.  
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Two artichokes steamed up for the Mrs and I.
    Kids thought they looked gross and would not eat.  I love artichokes.  
    I like to stack the leaves in tall, neat piles after I bite out the small piece of flesh.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I love artichokes too.  Steamed, or even charred after, garlic aoli.  Yum!  I love the journey of eating my way to its heart.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    So big weekend in south Philly with the Italian market festival. This neighborhood (s) is the best.

over the past 36 hours I have had

vietnamese - pho 
    indian - vindaloo cooked at home
    mexican - corn on the cob and a variety of legit tacos 
    Cambodian - beef and chicken skewers 
    Italian - hot sausage and peppers sandwich

and I may or may not have a cheesesteak to top it all off.

i swear I am not morbidly obese
  • Options
    Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    cauliflower and broccoli mixed with hot smoked salmon, butter from the farmers market as well as fresh dill - yum!
  • Options
    Some good eats today from the posts above!
  • Options
    So big weekend in south Philly with the Italian market festival. This neighborhood (s) is the best.

vietnamese - pho 

vietnamese - pho 

Did you get a pear and eat it with the sticker on?

If not, then you failed.
  • Options
    I have never eaten an artichoke. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I have never eaten an artichoke. 
    Method number one
    put in a steam basket
    steam for 20-30 minutes
    get your favorite dipping sauce
    go to frigging town

Love them.  As Hedo put it, there is a journey to eat to get to the heart.  Enjoyed best with someone else and talking whilst eating....sharing a beer, perhaps?

• Options
    I love artichokes too.  Have cooked them once at home. Cutting them is a lot of work for what you get out of it!
  • Options
    I love artichokes too.  Have cooked them once at home. Cutting them is a lot of work for what you get out of it!
    Prepping and eating, they take a bit of work.  This is why it is done best with someone else, and shooting the shit, having a beverage.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    It's still a struggle to get me to use utensils. 

Sandwiches rule. Fuck artichokes.

I would tell you my other aversion to artichokes, but that story would likely get me banned. Let's just say that I've tasted them, just not directly, and it was awful. :sick:

But I'm a trooper!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Prepping and eating, they take a bit of work.  This is why it is done best with someone else, and shooting the shit, having a beverage.
    A solid point.  Will have to work these in more.
  • Options
    Not much better than a simple Cabot quesodilla and some good hot sauce as a snack.

• Options
    Look what arrived in th mail today.

• Options
    Not much better than a simple Cabot quesodilla and some good hot sauce as a snack.

Yesssssss Cabot for the win!
  • Options
    We share a love of the best American cheeses.
    I grew up not far from the Cabot Creamery.

• Options
    Best way to cook beets?

Hungry Harvest gave us a bunch of beets with this week's delivery.  I like beets but am curious how some of the folks here eat them

• Options
    Best way to cook beets?

Hungry Harvest gave us a bunch of beets with this week's delivery.  I like beets but am curious how some of the folks here eat them

Olive oil, salt, pepper, tin foil, oven/grill
  • Options
    Live crawfish....awwwww shit 
  • Options
    Just let them bubble away for a bit?

Crawdad boil?
  • Options
    Just let them bubble away for a bit?

Crawdad boil?
    Yep, only got a few pounds. Not a ton of people at our shindig eat them, but yeah, gonna boil them up and bought some house seasoning from the market 
  • Options
    Are any of you interested in dried Carolina Reaper Peppers in whole or prepared form to make your own sauce?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Are any of you interested in dried Carolina Reaper Peppers in whole or prepared form to make your own sauce?
    Yes
  • Options
    Sounds good!

On the peppers...I think I will pass.  The scorpion sauce I just got is going to kill me, I think.  Reaper is much hotter, right?  I'm already a total moron for getting the scorpion one...I love hot stuff but my body does not love the extreme ones - ghost fucked me up one time .
    Thanks for the offer - very generous!
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Just had a chicken curry with chips, along with some spare ribs in a barbecue sauce, and prawn crackers. I feel like a sloth for the rest of today.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022