2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Snow crab, crawdads, skrimps, sausage, corn, and pots.
    The skrimps were ordered "fire" level...weak as far as spice level goes.  
    Was a tasty meal, though.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    So I’ve been trying to lose some weight lately, hit a bit of a plateau the last couple of weeks so I’m looking for some creative ways to replace worthless calories. One of the main things I came across on the internet was how versatile cauliflower is, so I’ve been doing some stuff with that. Here is a grilled cauliflower steak I made the other night. Pretty damn good. 

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    “cauliflower steak” sounds like a bit of an oxymoron.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    first contribution to this thread:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wobbie said:
    first contribution to this thread:

And a damn fine one!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited June 2018
    A good two weeks for food and drink.
    My dear friend from Brazil is visiting, and he brought Brazilian food and drink with him.

Paçoquita is ground peanuts and sugar and salt pressed into a bar and it's amazing.  Any peanut lover must watch for it in international markets.
    Goiabada is a fruit paste made from goiaba (guava) fruit and it's delicious as well.  It's like a gooey fruit leather.
    Doce de leite (pronounced exactly as leche) is a soft dippable caramel, very good and milky.  

He also brought Heisenbahn and Brahma beers, but more importantly, he brought some good Cachaça!!! (Pronounced "kashasa")
    It is a signature Brazilian spirit fermented from sugar cane juice, so it's similar to rum but different.  
    Tomorrow we go out on the boat and drink caipirinha (ky-peereenya) cocktails. 
    Cachaça and ice with muddled lime and sugar.
    I can't wait, I haven't had un caipirinha in 5 years.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The Portuguese word for "munchies" is larica.

That's an important word for these two weeks lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,522
    edited June 2018
    The Alumni Club on campus (an events venue - lots of weddings are booked there too) has a weekly buffet, with a different ethnic cuisine each week. Last week was Thai, and that was super duper good, with lemongrass chicken thighs, Thai red curried vegetables, lime leaf jasmine rice, Thai slaw, chilled Vermicelli salad, Thai custard for dessert. It was delicious!
    And today we went for the Indian buffet. Bombay curry chicken, masala dum aloo, biryuani rice, naan, roti, and toasted papadums with cucumber mint raita, kachumber salad, spicy aloo chaat salad, and rice pudding (thank goodness they also have normal desserts like little cakes and stuff. I hate rice pudding).
    So good!! And this is for $11.00, with this view:

Sometimes I feel spoiled at my job, lol.

(PS - that view shows us where the pipeline Trudeau plans on building will terminate, right below on the shore that's out of the bottom of the frame. and that water way is where aaallllll the extra tankers will be. :frowning: Yeah, no shit people are protesting)

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    That’s amazing. Love me some Thai and indian

• Options
    Fuck me. Not bourdain. I like that guy
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Loved his stuff.  Kitchen Confidential was so great....and he seemed to be so comfortable being himself. Clearly.......not.
    Crap.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    RIP Anthony Bourdain 

I'm crying like I knew him
  • Options
    Yeah this one really sucks.

Through his books and show, you felt like you knew the guy.

he did good and important work. Opened people to places and cultures that were not accessible. He tried to make the world a more understanding place.

my wife also credits him for her having a clean kitchen after I cook. In Kitchen confidential he stressed the importance of cooking clean and dry and I have gone by that ever since, which was 10 or so years ago when I really started cooking as a hobby 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Hard to believe. Devastated. Anywhere I go I always check where Bourdain ate.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    My dear friend from Brazil is visiting, and he brought Brazilian food and drink with him.

Paçoquita is ground peanuts and sugar and salt pressed into a bar and it's amazing.  Any peanut lover must watch for it in international markets.
    Goiabada is a fruit paste made from goiaba (guava) fruit and it's delicious as well.  It's like a gooey fruit leather.
    Doce de leite (pronounced exactly as leche) is a soft dippable caramel, very good and milky.  

He also brought Heisenbahn and Brahma beers, but more importantly, he brought some good Cachaça!!! (Pronounced "kashasa")
    It is a signature Brazilian spirit fermented from sugar cane juice, so it's similar to rum but different.  
    This is all awesome. Do report back.  I have heard for caipirinhas but have never had one.  
  • Options
    rgambs said:

This is all awesome. Do report back.  I have heard for caipirinhas but have never had one.  
    A long story surrounding those drinks at a swanky fundraiser I went to back in the day.  The ending of the story has me informed the next morning by my wife (then gf) that I bid $10,000 on a puppy during the auction.  
    Luckily, I was outbid.  (And I was the one that arranged for the puppy to be donated for the fund raiser....meaning I could have just bought one at cost from a friend who owned a private pet store.)
    Good luck with those!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    So Twitter says it wasn’t a suicide. Hillary Clinton and Harvey Weinstein took him out. Thought everyone should know the truth. 

:weary:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    My instagram post:

Thank you Anthony for taking us around the world with you. Thank you for teaching us about the many peoples, cultures, and traditions across the globe. Thank you for inviting us into peoples’ homes, into their minds, and into their hearts. Like all good things, our adventures must come to an end. And while it is with heavy heart that we wish you peace into parts unknown, know that your intrepid spirit will live on in all of us.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    My instagram post:

Thank you Anthony for taking us around the world with you. Thank you for teaching us about the many peoples, cultures, and traditions across the globe. Thank you for inviting us into peoples’ homes, into their minds, and into their hearts. Like all good things, our adventures must come to an end. And while it is with heavy heart that we wish you peace into parts unknown, know that your intrepid spirit will live on in all of us.
    Perfect.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    What sad news to wake up to.  RIP Anthony. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    My instagram post:

Awesome!
    Loved AB! 

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    My instagram post:

Well said. It's a fucking shame... goddamnit! RIP Bourdain
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Oh well hello
  • Options
    Finished

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    My instagram post:

Well said. It's a fucking shame... goddamnit! RIP Bourdain

Well F*U*C*K just now hearing the news. I cut live tv a few months ago and have been a little late hearing about things lately. 
  • Options
    My instagram post:

This is lovely. Hear hear 
  • Options
    I like tako sashimi.  Slice up that octopus!
  • Options
    I like tako sashimi.  Slice up that octopus!