The Food Thread

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Made a run by World Market after an unsuccessful trip to the T-Mobile Ate Sprint store. Nearly delicious enough to have me forget the 25 minute useless drive. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    deadendp said:

Made a run by World Market after an unsuccessful trip to the T-Mobile Ate Sprint store. Nearly delicious enough to have me forget the 25 minute useless drive. 

This looks so good.... ooo pure can sugar. I moved last summer and haven't paid attention yet if there is a World Market near me. I will be on the lookout.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Did some grilling tonight.  Of course Everyone wanted something different.  Mushrooms and salmon under the aluminum foil. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Looks great
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

I’m not a soda drinker but I just love that store. Used to get great Asian condiments and interesting items there. 
    deadendp said:

This looks so good.... ooo pure can sugar. I moved last summer and haven't paid attention yet if there is a World Market near me. I will be on the lookout.
    My daughter has a love for their Japanese food offerings.  I had a coupon so we grabbed some soda for the three of us (Dublin Cherry Lime for me, Boylan Cherry Cola for my husband and Japanese watermelon soda with a marble in it for my daughter) as well as some of her favorite Japanese candies.  
    Yess! My daughter loves those marble sodas..haven't seen one in a while. Although I always grab her a pack of Pockys when I go to the "fancy" grocery store.
    We should have stock in Pocky. :lol:
    I'm starting to feel that way myself!!

A Japanese woman told me they originally put the marble in the bottles to block out radiation from Hiroshima. I'd never heard that before, I always thought they were used to keep the carbonation fresh. Scary thought though.
    I'm starting to feel that way myself!!

A Japanese woman told me they originally put the marble in the bottles to block out radiation from Hiroshima. I'd never heard that before, I always thought they were used to keep the carbonation fresh. Scary thought though.
    I just thought it was a goofy Japanese food thing, but that is scary.  
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:

I’m not a soda drinker but I just love that store. Used to get great Asian condiments and interesting items there. 
    Missed you on the first response, Jedi.  I was running through on my phone.  Apologies! 

They have some very interesting food indeed.  I do believe that I sent along a can of Spotted Dick to a Secret Santa recipient around here . . . :whistle::smiley: 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    deadendp said:

I have not heard of this store. I will have to see if there are any around here. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Did some grilling tonight.  Of course Everyone wanted something different.  Mushrooms and salmon under the aluminum foil. 
    Looks like a fantastic feast. Corn looks great. Nice and charred. 
    edited August 2020
    GlowGirl said:
    deadendp said:

I have not heard of this store. I will have to see if there are any around here. 
    I think the big city equivalent (at leasts in Chicago) is Cost Plus. Love that store.  For those of us lacking diversity where we live, World Market is what we have. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Snake River farms, American wagyu burgers and dogs.
    Load of steaks still to go (they look beautiful) but tonight it is burgers and dogs.
    Gonna be good!

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Holy shit that beef.
    Holy shit that beef.
    +1.  Wow 
    Was very good.  The hot dogs were A+ as well.
    Can't wait to eat the different filets and the sirloins.
    My boss sent me a giant fucking box of wagyu goodies to enjoy when I told him last week I was taking this Friday and next Friday as my first two days off this year.  (Work has been a bit nuts and I was razzing the other ETeam members when they took vacations earlier this summer.  I'm even competitive when it comes to something like this.)
    Was an awesome surprise.
    I will endorse Snake River Farms as a great place to order meat from

Dogs two ways?  Do tell.   
    Seafood boil tonight.  Mussels, shrimp and snow crab. 
    Steamed and in the pan.  
    Nothing fancy, either way.
    Nothing added in either case....steam until they rip....in the pan until the skin is nice and marked up.
    Chopped (raw) onions and beer mustard for me.
    Mrs FMe loads hers up with kraut and mustard.
    Kid just wants on a roll.
    Haven't had snow crab In a while.  Probably my favorite way to eat.  
    Looks good!
    Snake River farms, American wagyu burgers and dogs.
    Load of steaks still to go (they look beautiful) but tonight it is burgers and dogs.
    Gonna be good!

That meat looks amazing. Looks like hardly any fat on them. 
    Steamed and in the pan.  
    Nothing added in either case....steam until they rip....in the pan until the skin is nice and marked up.
    I’m with your wife. Sauerkraut and mustard. But I also add a bit of ketchup and relish - and no, I am not trying to start up this debate again 😊
    Steamed and in the pan.  
    Oh yes.  Isn't New Jersey the place where buns are rolls and rolls are buns?  Or, do I remember that wrong? 
    Steamed and in the pan.  
    How did you cook the burgers?  did you put cheese on them or is that sacrilegious?
    deadendp said:
    Steamed and in the pan.  
    Oh yes.  Isn't New Jersey the place where buns are rolls and rolls are buns?  Or, do I remember that wrong?

Not sure.  They are interchangeable for me

deadendp said:
    Steamed and in the pan.  

To me, a bun is sliced and filled as a sandwich.  (Most of the time.)  Honey buns, which I do not like, would break the bun rule. Really doesn't apply to me though. 

A roll is something that you generally do not slice (other than for butter or some fruited condiment) and is served with or as a meal.  

Anyone else care to weigh in on the bun vs. roll conversation?  Maybe it is just a NEOhio thing.  
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    Steamed and in the pan.  

To me, a bun is sliced and filled as a sandwich.  (Most of the time.)  Honey buns, which I do not like, would break the bun rule. Really doesn't apply to me though. 

A roll is something that you generally do not slice (other than for butter or some fruited condiment) and is served with or as a meal.  

Anyone else care to weigh in on the bun vs. roll conversation?  Maybe it is just a NEOhio thing.  
    I was thinking about this. I generally refer to burgers and hotdogs as being on buns. But I also have had sandwiches on rolls - like a kaiser roll or a sub roll. Hmm. This may take some more thought.