The Food Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Top frigging shelf!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

And I’m gonna fucking enjoy it because I’m pretty sure my sewer line went today 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Wings going.
    Garlic Parm & a Soy/Seseme/Garlic/Siracha mix
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

#upperdecker
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Raspberry almond cream cheese bars

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Sucks about the sewer line Cliffy

No on the golden beets - my shopper must not know the difference.  
    First time making cauliflower "wings" - really good.

I want all the wings. And I’ve eaten at least a dozen of mine. Those cauliflower wings might propel me to the moon!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Those look really good!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

lol damn I hope it doesn’t affect you too much!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited February 2021
    Some great looking food everyone!!! 
    Cliffy, I worked summers at dpw for 15 years and in that specific town you are responsible to the road then the town takes over.  Call your town and find out where you are responsible to.   Fingers crossed it is clogged somewhere in the road.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    dankind said:

Those look delicious. I love dessert. 
    Nice job, everyone. I hope you are enjoying all that great food. 
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    GlowGirl said:
    What did you end up doing?!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2021
    RK50065 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Unfortunately, I couldn’t get wings. The place I wanted to get them from had so many Super Bowl orders that by the time I tried to order they weren’t accepting any more orders. So, I got fried chicken and mashed potatoes from a diner. It was so good. I rarely eat fried foods so it was a nice treat. How was your meal?
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    GlowGirl said:
    RK50065 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Unfortunately, I couldn’t get wings. The place I wanted to get them from had so many Super Bowl orders that by the time I tried to order they weren’t accepting any more orders. So, I got fried chicken and mashed potatoes from a diner. It was so good. I rarely eat fried foods so it was a nice treat. How was your meal?

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    That is awesome.  That guy could knock on my door with that gift any day!
    He's the real kine of Hawaiian too. Not the bootlegs like me who only lived there for a few years. Lol We're both loving it here in Virginia... not
    dankind said:
    I want all the wings. And I’ve eaten at least a dozen of mine. Those cauliflower wings might propel me to the moon!

I ate almost every one of those.  Would be fine eating them every day...pretty spicy and really good.
    (Not as good as chicken wings, of course, but something different and healthier.)
    The beets and the okra, as well.
    Wife and I both commented that we could have eaten our fill of those three items and felt it was a great feast...and she had the cauliflower just roasted with olive oil and salt, not the spicy "wings" ones.
    edited February 2021
     My wife uses the air fryer for the cauliflower "wings." Good stuff. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah, I had the convection going, which is basically a larger air fryer. 
    Does she dip them in some batter before putting them in or just spice them and then toss them?
    (That all sounds like too much)

Yeah, I had the convection going, which is basically a larger air fryer. 
    Does she dip them in some batter before putting them in or just spice them and then toss them?
    (That all sounds like too much)
    I dont know. I think she just spices them. Not really as crispy as you'd like so perhaps some batter is in order
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Damn, you guys sure steered me right with Honolulu Fish Co!
    Night one ...it was a bit overwhelming to get set up and try to play sushi chef.  I ate from my board, mostly, and made rolls and sushi for my wife and kid.
    Surprised to find that I enjoyed making the handrolls the most.  We had lot of things to add and it was easy/fun to whip up.  My favorite was probably a no-rice roll on soy paper.

Wrapping up and getting ready for tomorrow....

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Oh hell yes!!! It rules and is so much fun. That is A+ work, especially on the rolls
    Also, I  out of sriracha so for spicy tuna I substituted some gringo bandito.  I was awesome.  I need to make that sauce for everything.
    Night one ...it was a bit overwhelming to get set up and try to play sushi chef.  I ate from my board, mostly, and made rolls and sushi for my wife and kid.
    Surprised to find that I enjoyed making the handrolls the most.  We had lot of things to add and it was easy/fun to whip up.  My favorite was probably a no-rice roll on soy paper.

Fuck yes! I'm glad you enjoyed man, looks fucking great. Sushi rolls look fantastic!

Ordering 2lbs ultra and 2lb sword tomorrow, can't wait!
    Thanks.

Interested to hear how the sword works.

edited February 2021

Nice job!! Someone is breaking his fast in style. Two days in a row of great food. 
    Gonna be two more in a row, as well.  Lots of fish to eat!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    That looks really nice! Well done! MIght have to check that place out.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Sushi looks absolutely great!! 🔥 Very nice work