• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    RK50065 said:
    ^looks great! Basic chicken parm...

Looks delicious!
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Speaking of raw fish....
    My fish guy posted this yesterday. A boat in Cork landed a Tuna and he drive down and bought it. (There are strange EU regulations regarding Tuna for Ireland and we don't get many.)
    Woke up early to head down to the market this morning. More pics later...

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Awesome!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Also, I  out of sriracha so for spicy tuna I substituted some gringo bandito.  I was awesome.  I need to make that sauce for everything.
    Awesome job it looks delicious, we’ve dabbled in making shushi too but nothing like you made ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    No excitement here, but always enjoy my weekend staple breakfast.

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    No excitement here, but always enjoy my weekend staple breakfast.

Man that looks good! 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    That's a big breakfast!  Looks really good, love the colors.
  • Options
    I got a little carried away and bought a 2.2 lb chunk of chutoro. Probably do sashimi/sushi later and then finish it off by Monday.

• Options
    eddiec said:
    I got a little carried away and bought a 2.2 lb chunk of chutoro. Probably do sashimi/sushi later and then finish it off by Monday.

Fuck man. Chutoro is where it's st. Nothing carried away about that. You'll enjoy every bit.
  • Options
    With all this damn snow shoveling I needed it! They say the more colorful your plate is the healthier it is...or something like that 😂
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    With all this damn snow shoveling I needed it! They say the more colorful your plate is the healthier it is...or something like that 😂
    Man, I don't miss those days shoveling snow. You 100% need a breakfast like that!

I used to put a beer about every 3-5'. Only thing that go me through haha
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Chutoro ftw!

That is awesome.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Man, I don't miss those days shoveling snow. You 100% need a breakfast like that!

I used to put a beer about every 3-5'. Only thing that go me through haha
    It has been weeks of this crap.  Very rough winter here and most snowfall we’ve seen in a long time. Anyway, thread integrity...hope to have some good food tonight. Time to brainstorm. 
  • Options
    Giving Peking Duck a shot tonight. Bout two more hours of marinating, then will roast.
  • Options
    Giving Peking Duck a shot tonight. Bout two more hours of marinating, then will roast.
    Chinese style duck...doesn't get much better.
    Post some pics of the finished product.
  • Options
    Round 1 of the Chutoro slab.

• Options
    eddiec said:
    Chinese style duck...doesn't get much better.
    Post some pics of the finished product.
    Certainly will. 

• Options
    eddiec said:

Wow man, that all looks beyond fantastic. What type of knife do you use? I'm in the market for a knife specifically for sashimi/sushi.
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Wow man, that all looks beyond fantastic. What type of knife do you use? I'm in the market for a knife specifically for sashimi/sushi.
    I have a Yanagiba made by a company called Seto in Japan. It's alright...definitely on the low end of Yanagibas but it does the trick. It's stainless steel, but when I upgrade (not anytime soon), I'll definitely go carbon.
  • Options
    Oh man that looks great - as usual!
  • Options
    One of my wife's favorite foods, Peking Duck, that I am ok with but not nuts over.  I do love the skin!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    Nice. I love Peking Duck. There are a few places in Chinatown here that serve excellent ones. Did you get all of the accompaniments - pancakes, scallions, cucumbers, sauces. Post photos when it’s done. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Nice. I love Peking Duck. There are a few places in Chinatown here that serve excellent ones. Did you get all of the accompaniments - pancakes, scallions, cucumbers, sauces. Post photos when it’s done. 
    Actually trying to make the pancakes myself too, but have everything else. It's one of my wife's favorite dishes. Hope I don't mess it up!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Oh hell yes! Love this thread. Awesome work on the sushi. Think I might be putting in an order soon.

Def want to see finished duck. Was thinking about doing that recently. Not Peking necessarily but might have to.

Rack of lamb with a lentil salad thing over here this evening 
  • Options
    Oh hell yes! Love this thread. Awesome work on the sushi. Think I might be putting in an order soon.

Def want to see finished duck. Was thinking about doing that recently. Not Peking necessarily but might have to.

Rack of lamb with a lentil salad thing over here this evening 
    Because of this thread over the past few days I ordered sushi last night. Occasionally reading this thread will derail my original dinner plans and steer me in a different direction  :)
  • Options
    Damn that was a solid meal! Better than our favorite place back in Boston. 
  • Options
    Looks great!
  • Options
    Peking Duck looks great. Nice and crispy skin. How did your homemade pancakes turn out? They look really amazing. 
  • Options

Vietnamese classic pork bahn mi. At this place I have to order it medium spicy. Spicy is overloaded with sriracha and jalapeños. Even with the medium there was a lot on mine. My mouth is still burning. But it was delicious. The bread was really nicely toasted. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Peking Duck looks great. Nice and crispy skin. How did your homemade pancakes turn out? They look really amazing. 
    They turned our really well. Burned the first two but then got the timing right.