Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,602
    It ain’t Sunday but it is the last day of vacation 

Looks amazing!  I hope your company was as good as your food.  Enjoy your evening.
    Company was awesome but after a week with the larger family, ready to go!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    How do you do a larger family gathering in the days of C19?
    I miss big feasts and laughter, wine, shit....even the disagreements!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Not a huge thing. Just my mom, sister, her husband and us. We know where everyone has been. I actually got tested the week before we came as I thought I was exposed. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    My mother, brother, and sister all go to work, so I cannot see them.  They do live in VT, where pretty much things have not been bad at all....but they all have jobs dealing with people in person so there is not any way to control what they are exposed to.
    Glad you got some family time!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2020
    My mother, brother, and sister all go to work, so I cannot see them.  They do live in VT, where pretty much things have not been bad at all....but they all have jobs dealing with people in person so there is not any way to control what they are exposed to.
    No shit! If I ever get married again, I'm checking medical records for preexisting conditions before I take the plunge. :angry:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ha.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Blueberries so fresh I had to run the dew off of them in the salad spinner to make the pie!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    No shit! If I ever get married again, I'm checking medical records for preexisting conditions before I take the plunge. :angry:
    Husband and I have said the same thing about each other :rofl:

After all this time, I did see my mom for a few the other day.  It was great, and she brought me a homemade Persian treat I've loved since I was a kid.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    Husband and I have said the same thing about each other :rofl:

After all this time, I did see my mom for a few the other day.  It was great, and she brought me a homemade Persian treat I've loved since I was a kid.
    My mom's in Florida. She's had what she calls "bronchitis" for about two months now. :grimacing:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,880
    Hey all, it's me - Formerly MF117973. Finally changed my screen name to something more interesting. Just wanted to post this message in the threads I post to most often so you will know it's me. GlowGirl has arrived.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Blueberries so fresh I had to run the dew off of them in the salad spinner to make the pie!

Wow, that looks great!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Oh my gosh.  Beautiful job on the crust, too.
  • Options
    Mushroom Salad.

• Options
    Mushroom Salad.

That looks very refreshing. Great photo. It could be in a cookbook. 
  • Options
    Thanks.  So tasty

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    Mushroom Salad.

"magic mushrooms?>LOL
  • Options
    Those days are long gone!
  • Options
    Yeah it was nice to see and spend time with everyone. Have seen my sister and her husband a few times at parks in Philly and things like that but this was the first time really spending time together. My wife, sister, mom and myself are all working from home. My brother in law has to go in but gets regularly tested because of what he does. And I got tested that week because I thought I was exposed to someone at the shore.

Cant wait for this fucking thing to be over though it seems it’s gonna be a while considering this country is a bunch of morons 
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    rgambs said:

That looks so good!

Mushroom Salad.

I’ll be honest, cooked mushrooms are not something that I would have thought to put in a salad, but that looks delicious.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Tonight was bbq steak with blue cheese, baked potato and garlic bread.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    cutz said:
    Mushroom Salad.

"magic mushrooms?>LOL
    Same with me. But, I use to put them on Pizza. The ONLY time i'd have pizza with 'Shrooms. 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Mushroom Salad.

"magic mushrooms?>LOL
    Same with me. But, I use to put them on Pizza. The ONLY time i'd have pizza with 'Shrooms. 
    Ugh. I can still conjure up the taste of those things. So worth it though 😄
  • Options
    Lol been a long time here too but good f’ing times

A different kind of seafood Sunday. Crabs and spaghetti 

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,886
    Went seafood tonight.   Shrimp, clams, red snapper and corn on the grill.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Wow looking good team!
  • Options
    Hell yeah. 

I am SO a craving steamed mussels in a garlic and wine broth right now.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,886
    hedonist said:
    Hell yeah. 

I added chicken stock to the clams for the first time and it made quite a difference. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:
    Hell yeah. 

I added chicken stock to the clams for the first time and it made quite a difference. 
    We do beer broth.

My neighbor gets ’em from a spot in Ipswich. He has a license. Usually we wind up with a good deal of his haul, but we’ve had no such luck in Covid-19 times. :frowning:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yeah that’s a good looking seafood spread. Snapper looks awesome 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:
    Hell yeah. 

Interesting...the beer too. I would’ve thought clam juice.