• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,321
    Crab Benny from Iron Rooster in Annapolis:
    And a Cherry Roostart to go:

Damn that looks so good can I have a mimosa with that ☝️
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Couldn't help myself. Rainy, cold night...and $8.99lb special at my butcher. FYI...you can also view this in the golf thread (ooooops)
    Cooked to perfection!
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    Couldn't help myself. Rainy, cold night...and $8.99lb special at my butcher. FYI...you can also view this in the golf thread (ooooops)
    Cooked to perfection!
    Thanks man,  turned out pretty solid.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    Yeah that looks friggen gooood. Will be doing one for Christmas myself 
  • Options
    Yeah that looks friggen gooood. Will be doing one for Christmas myself 
    Yeah, us too. I was craving it and just couldn't wait the week and a half. You gonna post yours after Christmas? 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Wow, that roast!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    What’s grosser than gross?

Hearing your rump roast fart. :tongue:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

That pop tart was the size of two brand name Pop-Tarts side by side!!  And it was damn good!  The benedict was frickin amazing as well! That was my Black Friday RSD breakfast (when I left the line to go sit in a warm building for a bit).
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I want to make a Sacher Torte. It's a famous Viennese cake.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachertorte
    Just waiting for the apricots on my parents' tree to be ready so I can make the jam for it. About a month to go before they are ready to pick.
    I could buy the jam but I want to make it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Austrian pastries...so good :flushed:
  • Options
    I really want to go to Vienna for the food.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

That pop tart was the size of two brand name Pop-Tarts side by side!!  And it was damn good!  The benedict was frickin amazing as well! That was my Black Friday RSD breakfast (when I left the line to go sit in a warm building for a bit).
    Nice I’d do the same ..
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Ceviche in the fridge.  One for me and my FIL, one for the wimpy crowd.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    How far in advance can I sear a 3.5 pound tenderloin roast before putting it into the oven?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know....I would think you could do it a day before and have no issues.  You are going to cook it anyway, which would kill off any bacteria.  
    That is a guess, though.  
    Burner space an issue with feast prep, or just trying to work ahead?
  • Options
    I don't know....I would think you could do it a day before and have no issues.  You are going to cook it anyway, which would kill off any bacteria.  
    That is a guess, though.  
    Just trying to make things easier with multiple beverages going to be consumed. 
     One thing I read said about two hours or so
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    That is a guess, though.  
    I did it once a few hours before final roasting, and it was fine. I had a cooler full of ice (before I restocked the beer). I put the roast in a large Tupperware and covered in ice for 30 minutes to stop the cooking process. 
  • Options
    That is a guess, though.  
    I did it once a few hours before final roasting, and it was fine. I had a cooler full of ice (before I restocked the beer). I put the roast in a large Tupperware and covered in ice for 30 minutes to stop the cooking process. 
    Thanks. I assume I’ll be fine just throwing it into the fridge right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    That is a guess, though.  
    Thanks. I assume I’ll be fine just throwing it into the fridge right?
    I don't see why not. I would 100% put it in ice after you sear (tupperware, ziplock bag ect) before wrapping and putting in the fridge. 
  • Options
    Beef carpaccio I made it tonight from filet Mignon , Arugula, capers , quality extra virgin olive oil sea salt & fresh crushed black pepper and Red wine vinegar ..
    tasty appetizer ..
  • Options
    Looks awesome.  No cheese?

As I readied for battle last night.

Big feast and then we had a big breakfast.
    Leftovers for dinner.  :)

• Options
    Looks awesome.  No cheese?

As I readied for battle last night.

Big feast and then we had a big breakfast.
    Leftovers for dinner.  :)

Can’t beat leftovers for breakfast, I had the leftover steak&eggs ! I didn’t use cheese because the recipe didn’t call for it but now thinking about it it makes total sense to use some really good hard cheese shavings on top 😋 will def add it next time I make it !
  • Options
    Steak & eggs is so good.
    Bacon egg cheese on Hawaiian rolls for breakfast.
    Clean the fridge out!
  • Options
    Steak & eggs is so good.
    Bacon egg cheese on Hawaiian rolls for breakfast.
    Clean the fridge out!
    Damn yeah those Hawaiian rolls are sick 🤒 
  • Options
    Last night's dinner. Beef rendang. The second time I've made it and not as good as the first time. A bit disappointed as I overcooked it and the sauce all but disappeared so it was dry. It should have had a paste around the beef. This took 3 hours to make. It is not a regular meal because it takes so long and because rump steak is so expensive ($30 per kg and I needed 1 kg). The good thing is I get 3 serves. Some for tonight and some in the freezer for next week.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    My brother bought me Nopalito's cookbook for Christmas. I might be on a Mexican binge for a bit. Currently have a pork shoulder marinating in the fridge for tonight's taco dinner.
  • Options
    Pork butt tacos?
    Oh yeah.
  • Options
    Son wanted steak & cheese, we wanted pizza. Cheese steak pizza it is.....this should be interesting. 
  • Options
    Doesn't look bad
  • Options
    Doesn't look bad
    Its not bad, but....not on my favorites list. Thankfully my wife has no idea how to see this so I won't be in the shit house. Son loved it, so guess that's all that matters right 😁