Options

The Concept of God

Comments

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Does anyone who believes ever ask themselves why they do?  And if so, explain. 
    God is like a friend, a very strong comfort in life. He can answer prayers and give strength. Have you ever even tried ?
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    amethgr8 said:
    I was addressing attaway questions as one of "most" who don't believe.

when I believed in a God as a being it was because that's how I was raised.

Now I believe in a greater energy, or common energy, that connects everything and works in mysterious ways.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2YQJsbbWNA

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Smellyman said:
    amethgr8 said:

Now I believe in a greater energy, or common energy, that connects everything and works in mysterious ways.

Maybe "The Force" is a metaphor in this movie ? Just like Aslan (the lion) is a metaphor for Jesus in the Narnia books. 
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Smellyman said:
    amethgr8 said:

see, lets continue the mock.  Not once in this thread have i seen the "believers" say something ridicule in return.  this is clearly turning into a bashing thread.   

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited June 2017
    FoxyRedLa said:
    The average Joe has wounds in the center of their hands?

If this were a perfect world. Think perfect. Would anyone question why it's His right to rule? No one would question anything? No one? The world would just be perfect? I think He already tried that. 
    I say average Joe about this mock picture with the guy drinking PBR beer in one hand while smoking an American Spirit in the other.  This was a joke picture to start with.  And that's what I do pritty much daily, drink beer and smoke American Spirits.
    If you want to get serious about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ I can do that.  This is a difficult forum to get serious in though.   I would like to make some good points without pissing people off that's the tricky part.
     You have all these atheists and agnostics, and God skeptics here.  It's hard to decide where to begin to try to make a dent in this skepticism here.
    Here is something for the skeptics to ponder,,. I've seen it asked a few times now.
    "If there is a God, he is bad & terrible to allow all the murder, rape & mayhem that goes on."
    Well, the answers to these (very good questions by the way) are layed out really well in the bible itself.  I like The Standard King James Bible for a number of reasons I d be glad to answer if anyone asks.  
    If you take the time to study, all the answers to your deepest questions are in the bible usually multiple times . But you have to familiarize yourself with the bible to know where to look.  
    Ok here it is.
    Murder ( criminal homicide)(to lie in wait)
    Your answer to how God feels about this is in Deuteronomy Chapter 19 Verse 11.
    I don't have time to quote the whole bible here.  Read it for you self.  He demands that if convicted in a court of law, beond any doubt,  Capital Punishment is required.
    He says, basically send them to Me and murderers will cease to live among you. But some bleeding heart will say we can't have capital punishment that won't solve anything.  Well the guy who murdered and was disposed of  damn sure won't do it again that's for sure.
    Rape (Forced to lie with). 
    Deuteronomy chapter 22 verse 25
    I'll quote this one.
    Duteronomy Chapter 22 vs 25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man FORCE  her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:
    So you see it's not God who allows this mayhem to continue but rather the courts politics and mankind who let murderers and rapists go on with little or no prison time. So is that God who allows it?  No He demands capital punishment it is our week court system and weak kneed citizens who allow rapist and murders back on the streets. I cannot go on and on about every claim here but you see if you look around you can find the answers that skeptical people have and rightfully so with so many denominations and so many different backgrounds and viewpoints it is difficult to find the truth but there is a truth out there. You just have to know where to find it.

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Nami said:
    Smellyman said:
    amethgr8 said:

see, lets continue the mock.  Not once in this thread have i seen the "believers" say something ridicule in return.  this is clearly turning into a bashing thread.   

What was mocking about that?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,752
    Nami said:
    Smellyman said:
    amethgr8 said:

Nami, I don't know whether or not you thought my smoking Jesus and Johnny was mocking God or not.  In any case, it really wasn't.  Not at all!  I believe if there is some god or force out there, it certainly must have a good sense of humor.  Examples abound in nature and, obviously, in humans.

And by the way, you said: "Now I believe in a greater energy, or common energy, that connects everything and works in mysterious ways."
    I like that.  A lot.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

If this were a perfect world. Think perfect. Would anyone question why it's His right to rule? No one would question anything? No one? The world would just be perfect? I think He already tried that. 
    I say average Joe about this mock picture with the guy drinking PBR beer in one hand while smoking an American Spirit in the other.  This was a joke picture to start with.  And that's what I do pritty much daily, drink beer and smoke American Spirits.
    If you want to get serious about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ I can do that.  This is a difficult forum to get serious in though.   I would like to make some good points without pissing people off that's the tricky part.
     You have all these atheists and agnostics, and God skeptics here.  It's hard to decide where to begin to try to make a dent in this skepticism here.
    Here is something for the skeptics to ponder,,. I've seen it asked a few times now.
    "If there is a God, he is bad & terrible to allow all the murder, rape & mayhem that goes on."
    Well, the answers to these (very good questions by the way) are layed out really well in the bible itself.  I like The Standard King James Bible for a number of reasons I d be glad to answer if anyone asks.  
    If you take the time to study, all the answers to your deepest questions are in the bible usually multiple times . But you have to familiarize yourself with the bible to know where to look.  
    Ok here it is.
    I don't have time to quote the whole bible here.  Read it for you self.  He demands that if convicted in a court of law, beond any doubt,  Capital Punishment is required.
    He says, basically send them to Me and murderers will cease to live among you. But some bleeding heart will say we can't have capital punishment that won't solve anything.  Well the guy who murdered and was disposed of  damn sure won't do it again that's for sure.
    I'll quote this one.
    Duteronomy Chapter 22 vs 25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man FORCE  her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:
    So you see it's not God who allows this mayhem to continue but rather the courts politics and mankind who let murderers and rapists go on with little or no prison time. So is that God who allows it?  No He demands capital punishment it is our week court system and weak kneed citizens who allow rapist and murders back on the streets. I cannot go on and on about every claim here but you see if you look around you can find the answers that skeptical people have and rightfully so with so many denominations and so many different backgrounds and viewpoints it is difficult to find the truth but there is a truth out there. You just have to know where to find it.

The bible - written by people of that time, with the knowledge and understanding of people of that time.

And then translated and retranslated and retranslated, until it bears little relationship to whatever the original was.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok here it is.
    I'll quote this one.

The bible - written by people of that time, with the knowledge and understanding of people of that time.

And then translated and retranslated and retranslated, until it bears little relationship to whatever the original was.

• Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I believe I made the comment about the "energy of everything" and I thought the posting of the Star Wars video was funny, ironic and lighthearted so I am not offended.  Maybe Star Wars was Spielberg was of "figuring it out for himself", his process.

I wonder sometimes had I not been predisposed to religion during the formative years of my life if I would "feel" any "connection to something greater" as and adult. Pretty hard to "unprogram" yourself, as much as we try.

Up until recently I didn't see a lot of realism in the Bible, figured it was all here say since it wasn't actually written by God.  Even though it was not, it still shows a fair amount of insight to the beliefs and reasonings of the times and shows progression of thinking and civilization in general.  I do believe to a certain extent that we cannot see it in the same light as in the days it was written, maybe the human mind was more free In some functions and yet primitive in others.  I believe it has value but I don't agree with all that it says.

Religion is a hard thing to agree on and even agree to disagree.  I don't get offended, try not to, by just reading another persons take on it.  Some people use humor as part of their process, others not so much.  If any of us have at least one different thought or action because of this discussion, one more way to look at either what you believe or helps you understand someone else, then all is not lost for any viewpoint.

cheers!

amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    amethgr8 said:
    I believe I made the comment about the "energy of everything" and I thought the posting of the Star Wars video was funny, ironic and lighthearted so I am not offended.  Maybe Star Wars was Spielberg was of "figuring it out for himself", his process.

I wonder sometimes had I not been predisposed to religion during the formative years of my life if I would "feel" any "connection to something greater" as and adult. Pretty hard to "unprogram" yourself, as much as we try.

Up until recently I didn't see a lot of realism in the Bible, figured it was all here say since it wasn't actually written by God.  Even though it was not, it still shows a fair amount of insight to the beliefs and reasonings of the times and shows progression of thinking and civilization in general.  I do believe to a certain extent that we cannot see it in the same light as in the days it was written, maybe the human mind was more free In some functions and yet primitive in others.  I believe it has value but I don't agree with all that it says.

Religion is a hard thing to agree on and even agree to disagree.  I don't get offended, try not to, by just reading another persons take on it.  Some people use humor as part of their process, others not so much.  If any of us have at least one different thought or action because of this discussion, one more way to look at either what you believe or helps you understand someone else, then all is not lost for any viewpoint.

cheers!

amy
    No doubt.  Not a mock at all.  As soon as I read that I thought of that Obi Wan description of the force and it was almost exactly the same.

Plus I can buy your description much more than an omnipotent being in the sky watching everybody.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok here it is.
    I'll quote this one.

And by the way, if you're going to advocate that we follow the laws of Deuteronomy, better be consistent and follow all of them.

That means, of course, that if your wife tries to defend you while you fight with another man, you have to cut her hand off. You're good with that?

Bastards can't enter Heaven; nor can their descendants to the tenth generation. Not that they had any choice in the matter.

You can only have your slaves for six years. Better check the date of your contracts.

And don't forget, you can't wear linen and wool together. Not sure why, but it's very bad.

Exodus has some great laws, too. Like the one where you can stone your children to death if they curse you.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

RYME said:
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok here it is.
    I'll quote this one.

The King James Bible was completed in 1611.  The 1611 KJB was written in Old English so it wouldn't be a good study bible.  The significance of it is this.
    The people who put it together did everything thing they could to translate every word from the manuscripts. From  Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic to English.  There is a letter at the beginning of a 1611 KJB.  Stating that they made every effort to get every word right.  But they knew on some words,  that there  was a chance or likely hood that they just might get a translation flat wrong here or there.  So they suggest to check out any word that doesn't make sense.  That is why in addition to a standard King James Bible it is helpful to have a
    Dr. Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.  Where buy every word in the Bible is in there, next to the original word and definition.  A quick example, most people have heard that God took the rib out of Adam and created Eve.  That word (rib) always had me puzzled.  I could not picture in my head a man named Adam laying on the ground with some Being taking a boney bloody rib out of his chest in creating a woman out of that it didn't make sense to me.
    So I finally checked​ the word (RIB) out in the Strong's exhaustive Concordance and you will find that the original Hebrew translated to English the word was (CURVE)(not RIB.) So maby God took the Helix Curve out of the man Adam and made  a feminine mate if you will, for Adam..  Maby God knew about DNA and stem cells long before the scientists discovered it recently. And women are definitely curvier than men.  Make sense to me.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

RYME said:
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok here it is.
    I'll quote this one.

The King James Bible was completed in 1611.  The 1611 KJB was written in Old English so it wouldn't be a good study bible.  The significance of it is this.
    The people who put it together did everything thing they could to translate every word from the manuscripts. From  Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic to English.  There is a letter at the beginning of a 1611 KJB.  Stating that they made every effort to get every word right.  But they knew on some words,  that there  was a chance or likely hood that they just might get a translation flat wrong here or there.  So they suggest to check out any word that doesn't make sense.  That is why in addition to a standard King James Bible it is helpful to have a
    Dr. Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.  Where buy every word in the Bible is in there, next to the original word and definition.  A quick example, most people have heard that God took the rib out of Adam and created Eve.  That word (rib) always had me puzzled.  I could not picture in my head a man named Adam laying on the ground with some Being taking a boney bloody rib out of his chest in creating a woman out of that it didn't make sense to me.
    So I finally checked​ the word (RIB) out in the Strong's exhaustive Concordance and you will find that the original Hebrew translated to English the word was (CURVE)(not RIB.) So maby God took the Helix Curve out of the man Adam and made  a feminine mate if you will, for Adam..  Maby God knew about DNA and stem cells long before the scientists discovered it recently. And women are definitely curvier than men.  Make sense to me.
    LOL!  I'm assuming you're joking.  Please don't be angry if I'm wrong.  It's just that the notion that an entire species commenced with taking the helix curve of one individual from a species to use to ... oh never mind.  That is too funny!

And the Strong's Concordance.   Yeah, crazy book.  I have a couple of them in my inventory.  Every word in the Bible is there, literally!  Every stinkin' "the" and "and" and "if".  Talk about OCD!  Can you imagine trying to have a normal conversation with this James Strong?  Blowin' holy smoke!

As for the King Jimmy Bible being the most accurate well, in the first place it's irrelevant because it's difficult if not impossible to verify all the previous versions for accuracy and, more importantly, James had his biases and he enforced those biases on the 47 scholars he had working for him.  Remember, the man was a Monarch and you did as he told you! And even more to the point, most of the Bible is made up of stories, many of which cannot be pin pointed as to their exact author. Trying to break this thing down into precise pieces is like trying describe what is seen through a kaleidoscope.

You know, even Billy Graham has suggested you not get caught up in the details but, rather, stick with the general premise.  Your mythology is much more understandable without getting lost in the details.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

RYME said:
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok here it is.
    I'll quote this one.

LOL!  I'm assuming you're joking.  Please don't be angry if I'm wrong.  It's just that the notion that an entire species commenced with taking the helix curve of one individual from a species to use to ... oh never mind.  That is too funny!

And the Strong's Concordance.   Yeah, crazy book.  I have a couple of them in my inventory.  Every word in the Bible is there, literally!  Every stinkin' "the" and "and" and "if".  Talk about OCD!  Can you imagine trying to have a normal conversation with this James Strong?  Blowin' holy smo

Well, it would take a life time to try to explain everything here.   And I certainly don't know everything.  I have been studying the Bible at home by myself for a long time now at a college level.  I don't go to church down town on the corner, home study is my church.  I study the Bible chapter by chapter and verse by verse.  Anyway I'll try to tackle a few things here.  One of the things you might like about my approach, is that I judge no one, I read God's Word and let the chips fall where they may.  If you don't believe in anyway shape or form, that's fine that's your choice and your business not mine.
    I am not the judge.  I don't like to criticize individuals, persons polititians or instatution.  But when I see a circus preacher on TV shouting and jumping around putting evebody down yelling from the top of his lungs and there's ​an awful lot of them  that do that.  I think some people's mission is to drive people away from God/Christianity rather than draw people neeror.
    Anyway, Adam & Eve were not the first and only 2 people.  The world had already been populated by the time Adam & Eve came along.  You couldn't have just 2 people go out and "populate the Earth and have all the races form out of just 2 people.
     God created all the races on the 6th day of creation and said That He looked and it was very good.  A thousand years to the Lord is like a day to Him. I cannot prove that it was talking about the Helix curve that was an educated guess.  I think it's coffee time.

• Options
    Adam and Eve had to do with the lineage through which Christ would come they weren't the first 2 people here.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok here it is.
    I'll quote this one.

RYME are you comparing yourself to God? :lol:

I was not offended by the pic. The average Joe doesn't drink and or smoke and the average Joe doesn't have holes/wounds in the center of their hands. I do believe God has a sense of humor.

I also don't know what "get serious means". And I don't think anyone here is really looking for answers about God. Minds are made up. And you attempted to answer a question and we're laughed at with exclamation points.

Nothing said in here will sway anyone one way or another.

Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,982
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok here it is.
    I'll quote this one.

I was not offended by the pic. The average Joe doesn't drink and or smoke and the average Joe doesn't have holes/wounds in the center of their hands. I do believe God has a sense of humor.

I also don't know what "get serious means". And I don't think anyone here is really looking for answers about God. Minds are made up. And you attempted to answer a question and we're laughed at with exclamation points.

Yeah if you are quoting the bible to justify why an invisible man allows rape, murder, suffering, etc. then get a new book.  That one doesn't make sense.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I think "most" here have an open mind or are open for discussion. lol
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    amethgr8 said:
    I think "most" here have an open mind or are open for discussion. lol
    I do agree.

It would appear some believe God as said above allows rape, murder, and suffering. God's world is not here on Earth. And as I stated before he already tried to have a world of I guess dictatorship and it didn't work. Sin still slithered into the garden.

I will never understand why someone would think God allows suffering in any form. 
  • Options

• Options
    RYME, kudos for not being judgemental.  As for coffee time, OMG yes!  I'm with you!

FoxyRedLa, you're probably very correct in the short term, nothing said here will sway anyone one way or another.  But having discussion, thinking about important things, these can give the mind more focus in the long term.  The goal isn't necessarily figure out what is the exact truth but rather to learn to think critically in order to at least get closer to it.

• Options
    Ok. What are we discussing? 
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Ok. What are we discussing? 
    I believe we were hinting at the existential nature of coffee.  Refill?  You bet!  :smile:

• Options
    The best part of waking up.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    FoxyRedLa said:
    NoRYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok here it is.
    I'll quote this one.

Get serious means, to start with I was talking about the silly portrait of Jesus holding a pbr & having a smoke I prefer Coors Banquet so I'm not comparing myself to god no.  To some real serious topics,, Murder & Rape & what the Bible says about it.
    A guy posted earlier  challenging me that somewhere in Dutoronomy it states that if a man is in a fight and his woman comes to his aid that her hands should be cut off.  I've never seen that.  I'd like to know what chapter and verse that is.  And what bible he is ​reading.  That's the problem with throwing stuff out there & probably not in context.  What was the subject?  If my wife stands up for me I'm pretty sure that God doesn't demand that I chop her hands off.  On the other hand if you murder or rape people  yes you should be put down that's pretty clear and would solve a lot of problems in society.
    (Society) Good tune, I think that I will listen to the Into The Wild soundtrack drink beer & smoke so that I can be more like Jesus tonight. =)
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    NoRYME said:
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok here it is.
    I'll quote this one.

Get serious means, to start with I was talking about the silly portrait of Jesus holding a pbr & having a smoke I prefer Coors Banquet so I'm not comparing myself to god no.  To some real serious topics,, Murder & Rape & what the Bible says about it.
    A guy posted earlier  challenging me that somewhere in Dutoronomy it states that if a man is in a fight and his woman comes to his aid that her hands should be cut off.  I've never seen that.  I'd like to know what chapter and verse that is.  And what bible he is ​reading.  That's the problem with throwing stuff out there & probably not in context.  What was the subject?  If my wife stands up for me I'm pretty sure that God doesn't demand that I chop her hands off.  On the other hand if you murder or rape people  yes you should be put down that's pretty clear and would solve a lot of problems in society.
    (Society) Good tune, I think that I will listen to the Into The Wild soundtrack drink beer & smoke so that I can be more like Jesus tonight. =)
    The bible has ample verses that are just plain ridiculous. I mentioned just a few in Deuteronomy in particular, but the Old Testament is riddled with them. If you wish specifics, I'll post them once I'm not on my phone, but if you have indeed been studying the bible then I'm sure you've come across them. 

If anyone is going to use one biblical verse to justify a position, they had better be prepared to accept them all, or have a good reason why some are valid and others are not 
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    So here's what we've discovered from all of this... Those who don't believe in God understand the Bible more than most. This is great news, but, why do you care? If you think it's all wrong then why do you still continue to quote from this evil book to prove your point of view? Get rid of this hideous thing, keep living life happy and move on...  It's actually weird when you start to think about it, to know God is evil, the Bible is horrendous and those who know the pages from beginning to end consider it a joke yet they still hold on to it. I can respect that, to know that you don't pray/worship/seek anything at all has to be pretty comforting. So just let it go. God is horrible to you, the Bible is evil and we all move on to what we believe. It's strange how those who could care less still do.....
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Attaway77 said:
    So here's what we've discovered from all of this... Those who don't believe in God understand the Bible more than most. This is great news, but, why do you care? If you think it's all wrong then why do you still continue to quote from this evil book to prove your point of view? Get rid of this hideous thing, keep living life happy and move on...  It's actually weird when you start to think about it, to know God is evil, the Bible is horrendous and those who know the pages from beginning to end consider it a joke yet they still hold on to it. I can respect that, to know that you don't pray/worship/seek anything at all has to be pretty comforting. So just let it go. God is horrible to you, the Bible is evil and we all move on to what we believe. It's strange how those who could care less still do.....
    If someone is going to selectively quote bible verses to justify the death penalty, then I care. 

If you're selectively quoting bible verses to justify hugging kittens, then I don't care.