Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    dignin said:
    rgambs said:
    People are overreacting to the idea of teachers being armed.
    Do you folks not realize that security guards are not usually highly trained or vetted?
    The Vegas shooter was a security guard.  

Chaos in the hallways?  There's already chaos in the hallways, and the shooter is the eye of the storm.  
    Trump thinks it's a great idea, that should give anyone pause.
    If he could make it an executive order he would do it in a heartbeat.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    In the latest shooting, an innocent student was handcuffed by police and held for a period of time because he bore some resemblance to the shooter (similar outfit and build). I would hate to think what might have happened if an armed and panicked teacher got to him first. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    rgambs said:
    Do you folks not realize that security guards are not usually highly trained or vetted?

Chaos in the hallways?  There's already chaos in the hallways, and the shooter is the eye of the storm.  
    Trump is tweeting about arming teachers and coaches. Even if they are somewhat “trained” this is a terrrible idea. Being in a life and death situation with bunch of kids involved is a whole different ballgame than having “some background” or “training” with guns. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    In the latest shooting, an innocent student was handcuffed by police and held for a period of time because he bore some resemblance to the shooter (similar outfit and build). I would hate to think what might have happened if an armed and panicked teacher got to him first. 
    This.  We criticize the hell out of police officers shooting in stressful situations and they are trained.  Now we want Mary and George the math and english teachers to make these life decisions?  Please.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Trump is tweeting about arming teachers and coaches. Even if they are somewhat “trained” this is a terrrible idea. Being in a life and death situation with bunch of kids involved is a whole different ballgame than having “some background” or “training” with guns. 
    I can't think of a single teacher, in either of my kids schools that I'd feel comfortable with handling a gun.

• Options
    This.  We criticize the hell out of police officers shooting in stressful situations and they are trained.  Now we want Mary and George the math and english teachers to make these life decisions?  Please.
    Exactly. 
  • Options
    And where does it stop?  Do counselors get to be armed too?  The janitor?  Cafeteria workers?  

Its a a horrible idea. Period. More guns is not the answer. 
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    And where does it stop?  Do counselors get to be armed too?  The janitor?  Cafeteria workers?  

No worries, Trumpty Dumpty proposes giving the teachers a bonus.

(CNN)President Donald Trump spent Thursday grappling with how to prevent more school massacres and address the gun debate gripping the country, offering solutions such as giving bonuses to teachers who undergo gun training.

"These people are cowards. They're not going to walk into a school if 20% of the teachers have guns -- it may be 10% or may be 40%. And what I'd recommend doing is the people that do carry, we give them a bonus. We give them a little bit of a bonus," Trump said. "They'll frankly feel more comfortable having the gun anyway. But you give them a little bit of a bonus."
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    edited February 2018

(CNN)President Donald Trump spent Thursday grappling with how to prevent more school massacres and address the gun debate gripping the country, offering solutions such as giving bonuses to teachers who undergo gun training.

"These people are cowards. They're not going to walk into a school if 20% of the teachers have guns -- it may be 10% or may be 40%. And what I'd recommend doing is the people that do carry, we give them a bonus. We give them a little bit of a bonus," Trump said. "They'll frankly feel more comfortable having the gun anyway. But you give them a little bit of a bonus."
    Not just a bonus, “a little bit of a bonus.” Must of been thinking with his dick when he blurted that out.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2018

I’m cool with it and will be looking for schools with some degree of armed staff once my child reaches school age.
    TX has been doing it a while...
    http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/tasb-110-school-districts-allow-teachers-to-carry-guns

"If someone is approved to carry, they go through a psychological assessment very similar to a school marshal program that's allowed here in Texas,” Dockery said. “They also have to have a CHL and they would also go through training with law enforcement in our area."
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Straw men and slippery slopes.
    It's unbecoming.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

“These people are cowards”? How is it that Trump knows so much about the psychology of mass shooters?

It seems that most are angry, desperate and suicidal. Knowing that a percentage of school staff are armed probably won’t make much difference. Going out in a blaze of glory is often the goal. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,662
    edited February 2018
    PJPOWER said:

I’m cool with it and will be looking for schools with some degree of armed staff once my child reaches school age.
    http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/tasb-110-school-districts-allow-teachers-to-carry-guns

"If someone is approved to carry, they go through a psychological assessment very similar to a school marshal program that's allowed here in Texas,” Dockery said. “They also have to have a CHL and they would also go through training with law enforcement in our area."
    Or...we could just do the rational thing and ban AR and similar type weapons and not need to arm people whose primary skill is teaching, not tactical special ops.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Or...we could just do the rational thing and ban AR and similar type weapons and not need to arm people whose primary skill is teaching, not tactical special ops.  
    Then do it...what’s stopping you?  Oh yeah, politicians...I, for one, am glad these TX schools are doing things NOW instead of hoping a law will change.  Anyways, whole other thread about this.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247

“These people are cowards”? How is it that Trump knows so much about the psychology of mass shooters?

It seems that most are angry, desperate and suicidal. Knowing that a percentage of school staff are armed probably won’t make much difference. Going out in a blaze of glory is often the goal. 
    Or as NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch stated several times last night, "crazy" and "insane".
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Then do it...what’s stopping you?  Oh yeah, politicians...I, for one, am glad these TX schools are doing things NOW instead of hoping a law will change.  Anyways, whole other thread about this.
    I'm no King, but thanks for that snarky, useless statement.  And yes, politicians... politicians in the pocket of the NRA.  Congressman that value their jobs more than the lives of others.  Congressman that would rather someone lose a life rather than them losing their seat.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984

I listened to this live...I can't believe this dumb fucker is POTUS.  What a fucking idiot.

By the way...the next line was "and they will love that bonus"....not fucking kidding
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

I'm no King, but thanks for that snarky, useless statement.  And yes, politicians... politicians in the pocket of the NRA.  Congressman that value their jobs more than the lives of others.  Congressman that would rather someone lose a life rather than them losing their seat.  
    Therefore?
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639

this is the face of the Democratic Party
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    People aren't overreacting at all, we are reacting to what's clearly  horrible idea. Arming teachers is a terrible idea on so many levels, yet is finding it's way into mainstream conversations somehow 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    People aren't overreacting at all, we are reacting to what's clearly  horrible idea. Arming teachers is a terrible idea on so many levels, yet is finding it's way into mainstream conversations somehow 
    Yet the only arguments against arming teachers seem to involve straw man fallacies and exaggerations.  Why is arming teachers a bad idea (without any straw man or exaggerations)?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Therefore?
    Therefore ban the fucking weapons.  Is my position unclear to you?
  • Options

this is the face of the Democratic Party
    Yeah, who's your face?  A serial adulterer?  A serial groper?  A serial liar?  Congratulations, you must be proud.  The Roy Moore thing must have really been dynamite.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Therefore?
    Thanks for the snarky remark, but you did just point out that it is not quite as easy as “just ban them” due to politicians being in the pockets of the the NRA.
    I cannot ban them, you cannot ban them...politicians can’t seem to ban them...
    therefore?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Therefore?
    Thanks for the snarky remark, but you did just point out that it is not quite as easy as “just ban them” due to politicians being in the pockets of the the NRA.
    therefore?
    Therefore the voters need to make the change because the cowards are owned by the NRA.  When the cowards fear the voters more than the NRA, change will happen.  I hope that's what we are seeing right now.  
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    Yet the only arguments against arming teachers seem to involve straw man fallacies and exaggerations.  Why is arming teachers a bad idea (without any straw man or exaggerations)?
    Who's going to pay?

In Texas, teacher salaries can begin at a minimum of$27,320 for a teacher with no experience, a minimum of $31,560 for a teacher with five years of experience, a minimum of $37,040 for a teacher with 10 years of experience, and a minimum of $44,270 for teachers with 20+ years of experience, according to the Texas 

And what's Team Trump Treason's "little bit of a bonus" amount to?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Therefore?
    therefore?
    Therefore the voters need to make the change because the cowards are owned by the NRA.  When the cowards fear the voters more than the NRA, change will happen.  I hope that's what we are seeing right now.  
    All I’m seeing is a bunch of Democrats calling for bans and a bunch of republicans calling for armed teachers...doesn’t sound like an all out ban will happen any time soon, but keep it in your wishlist for down the road...sometime...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    VOLUNTEERS!  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    VOLUNTEERS!  
    ??  That’s right, the armed teachers are volunteers.  I have yet to see anyone say “ we need to require all teachers to arm themselves”
This discussion has been closed.