Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Correct me where I'm wrong? Those that are saying the economy has nothing to do with Trump were the ones predicting the sky would fall and the stocks would crash with a Trump presidency.
    I predicted a recession regardless of whether Clinton or trump was president.  
    I wasted 11 months of my life warning about Hilliary, then once Trump won, I warned not to let him "win the people". By people, I meant average everyday hard working americans that want an honest pay and financial security.

I’ve missed any warnings from you about trump winning the people. It’s mostly enabling circuitous questions and comments.   
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    JC29856 said:
    Correct me where I'm wrong? Those that are saying the economy has nothing to do with Trump were the ones predicting the sky would fall and the stocks would crash with a Trump presidency.
    You're wrong.. most thinking people understand that the POTUS can only affect the market in a limited way, typically short unsustainable changes.  The market is cyclical by nature.  So, as usual, you are wrong in your broad, overreaching statement.  
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    So if the economy is doing so well thanks to Obama and the recession was due to bush, sounds like republican presidents do nothing but get in the way of democratic economic  progress. Ya’ll have gone cray cray.  It’s important to note that neither president is at fault or fully responsible for these numbers, but come on, the numbers are pretty telling that things are far far far from falling apart like ya’ll were claiming would happen.  Let’s take a look, shall we? :)

GDP quarter 2 2017: +3.1%
    GDP quarter 3 2017: +3.0%, (with 2 massive hurricanes)

Obama GDP avg over 8 years: +1.6% (but this boom is a result of him, remember?, lol)

unemployment: Obama’s avg 8 years: ~4.9%
                              Trump: ~4.1% (16 year low)
                              AA down to 6.8%, lowest since count began in ‘72.
    employee wages up $.09 in December
                                  Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%
     consumer confidence was at 125.9 in October, highest since 12/2000

and @PJ_Soul  , who said I didn’t care about millions of suffering folks just because I’m excited about economic growth? I didn’t, and I don’t think see how that has anything to do with what I was saying.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    So if the economy is doing so well thanks to Obama and the recession was due to bush, sounds like republican presidents do nothing but get in the way of democratic economic  progress. Ya’ll have gone cray cray.  It’s important to note that neither president is at fault or fully responsible for these numbers, but come on, the numbers are pretty telling that things are far far far from falling apart like ya’ll were claiming would happen.  Let’s take a look, shall we? :)

Obama GDP avg over 8 years: +1.6% (but this boom is a result of him, remember?, lol)

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

and @PJ_Soul  , who said I didn’t care about millions of suffering folks just because I’m excited about economic growth? I didn’t, and I don’t think see how that has anything to do with what I was saying.

Many things taken out of context in your post, but let's look at one - unemployment figures. You're comparing the average for the entire Obama term to the current figure for Trump. That's absurd. Unemployment has been trending down for years.

That much-vaunted "lowest unemployment rate in Blacks" that Trumpists are claiming as a victory? The graph for unemployment in Blacks and Hispanics has been essentially a straight line down since 2009, to where the numbers currently sit. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    people need to get past their bitterness and move on.  The dude’s the president.  Everyone is still acting like the sky is falling while black folks have the lowest unemployment % since it was first being recorded like 45 years ago.  The stock market is killing it and reaching record highs every day- I personally made a great deal of cash, most in a decade.  I am in the process of taking out a big loan to open up a second restaurant -my other one just had its best year ever... given it was only year 6, but stil.  As a small business owner I’ve never been more excited, you have to strike while the iron is hot.  Dude at the bank said that they have gotten the ok to give out a lot more $ in loans this year than last because things are looking so good economy wise.  Why are you all still sompissed the guy talks and acts like a jackass?! No one’s denying that he is an odd fit for the prez, but he’s fuckin killing it right now.
    NONE OF THAT HAS A FUCKING THING TO DO WITH ANYTHING DONALD FUCKING TRUMP HAS DONE WHILE IN OFFICE. Jesus fucking retarded Christ.
    I always shake my head when a grown man or woman use the word “retarded”
    Cool story. I don't use it as a noun.
    Sounds like an argument between me and my 12 year old.  “Geez Dad, I said he was acting retarded, not that he was a retard. There’s a difference, Duh!”
    Kid sounds intelligent, knows the difference between parts of speech and literal definitions.

To retard something is to create a hindrance, impede progress.
  • Options

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

People aren’t saying things are falling apart. I think people are saying trump and republican economic policies are not good in the long term, and also that we’re due for a recession or at least a major stock reset. 
  • Options

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

Please point us to ANY legislation that has passed under Trump has that has a direct effect on ANY of this?  Yes, he is riding Obama's wave.  How do I know this? Because Trump hasn't done a fucking thing since he's been in office.  NOTHING. Not one fucking piece of legislation passed.

There is this thing called happenstance, you know.
  • Options

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

You’re comparing 1 year of Team Trump Treason’s “economy” with that of 8 years of Obama’s. An objective analysis would be to compare what each inherited upon taking office and a comparison over an equal amount of time. Seeing how Team Trump Treason won’t be in office for 8 years, there can’t be an equal comparison. But I will ask you, who will you blame when the economy tanks under Team Trump Treason? Because as others have noted, the economy is cyclical.

Clinton handed Bush an economy that created 22 million jobs, Bush tanked it. Obama handed Team Trump Treason an economy that saw 87 consecutive months of job growth, lowering unemployment from north of 10% (as high as 20, 30, 40% according to Team Trump Treason) to 4.8%. Team Trump Treason has seen it drop from 4.8% to 4.1%. Not even close in accomplishment.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

The recession wasn't caused by Bush, the rebound was not driven by Obama (solely) and the continued bull market is not solely because of Trump.  Markets are cyclical.  During the hot times, you pay down the debt, keep interest rates at a decent clip, keep taxes at a moderate rate.  When the inevitable bust cycle comes, you want to have as many bullets available as possible.  You want to be able to lower interest rates to spur borrowing, be able to lower taxes for a short term injection, AND be able to do a stimulus without blowing up the budget (hence pay down the debt during the bull run).  

It's not that complicated.. my big problem with with the tax package (among many) is that there is no room to lower taxes when we hit the bear.  And it will come...  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

so you think you can take 2 examples out of 44 and make a generalized conclusion out of that?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

Please point us to ANY legislation that has passed under Trump has that has a direct effect on ANY of this?  Yes, he is riding Obama's wave.  How do I know this? Because Trump hasn't done a fucking thing since he's been in office.  NOTHING. Not one fucking piece of legislation passed.

Well to be fair the market responded to trump presidency and what they thought he would do. The corporate tax rate is a big win for companies and the market.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

Well to be fair the market responded to trump presidency and what they thought he would do. The corporate tax rate is a big win for companies and the market.
    The ‘big win’ is like scoring the last doughnut in the breakroom. Wait til the sugar wears off. Ker ploof. 
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2018
    mrussel1 said:

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

The recession wasn't caused by Bush, the rebound was not driven by Obama (solely) and the continued bull market is not solely because of Trump.  Markets are cyclical.  During the hot times, you pay down the debt, keep interest rates at a decent clip, keep taxes at a moderate rate.  When the inevitable bust cycle comes, you want to have as many bullets available as possible.  You want to be able to lower interest rates to spur borrowing, be able to lower taxes for a short term injection, AND be able to do a stimulus without blowing up the budget (hence pay down the debt during the bull run).  

It's not that complicated.. my big problem with with the tax package (among many) is that there is no room to lower taxes when we hit the bear.  And it will come...  
    first off I think more credit has to be given to Fromm from citibank, without him we may have seen a financial crisis during the Obama years. Look maybe we never would have seen trillion dollar bailouts that ended up helping the lower and middle classes.

anyway interest rates were zero during Obama, -0-. interest rates have been raised up since Nov 2016. Why would interest rates have to kept at zero during the 8 years of Obama? Why little to no negative impact on the increase in rates since the election?
    You're really going out on a limp with predicting a bust when the market is at an all time high! In any event I agree with you, when the banksters are through with Trump they will tank the economy and move on to the next puppet.
  • Options
    Well I guess here’s exactly what I was saying: people love the economy but hate trump lol!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/01/11/americans-love-the-economy--but-most-still-dont-like-trump.html
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Well I guess here’s exactly what I was saying: people love the economy but hate trump lol!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/01/11/americans-love-the-economy--but-most-still-dont-like-trump.html
    that sure looks like a 45th degree angle trend since Nov 16 all thanks to #44!
    After 8 years the Fed can spur the economy by raising interest rates!
  • Options

That’s good to hear that most people can see how they are separate things. 

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

first off I think more credit has to be given to Fromm from citibank, without him we may have seen a financial crisis during the Obama years. Look maybe we never would have seen trillion dollar bailouts that ended up helping the lower and middle classes.

anyway interest rates were zero during Obama, -0-. interest rates have been raised up since Nov 2016. Why would interest rates have to kept at zero during the 8 years of Obama? Why little to no negative impact on the increase in rates since the election?
    You're really going out on a limp with predicting a bust when the market is at an all time high! In any event I agree with you, when the banksters are through with Trump they will tank the economy and move on to the next puppet.
    Corrections and profit taking will come...  I assume you mean "going out on a limb", not "limp"... .and certainly I'm speaking the obvious.  But I can assure you that I won't blame Trump for the correction that is coming (unless he massively de-regulates something that in turn causes an issue).  In turn, he's not getting much credit at this point from me.  Although I do think the tax cut will sustain the rally for longer, as 2018 profits will naturally be higher.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

Corrections and profit taking will come...  I assume you mean "going out on a limb", not "limp"... .and certainly I'm speaking the obvious.  But I can assure you that I won't blame Trump for the correction that is coming (unless he massively de-regulates something that in turn causes an issue).  In turn, he's not getting much credit at this point from me.  Although I do think the tax cut will sustain the rally for longer, as 2018 profits will naturally be higher.  
    and zero interest rates........?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,472
    edited January 2018

That's because 49% correctly credit Obama, while only 40% credit Trump for the current economy.

We're currently experiencing the longest sustained period of economic growth in our country's history. Here's a shocker for you and other Trump blind loyalists: it didn't start 11 and a half months ago! I know...crazy, right?

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

and zero interest rates........?
    zero interest rates were absolutely critical during the first few years of the recession and recovery.  The fed funds rate is a critical tool to stimulate growth or control inflation.  You could argue that they should have been raised a year, two, three earlier, but we didn't see inflation ramp up before the fed started raising rates in 15, so it's hard to argue with Yellen's decisions.  
  • Options

That's because 49% correctly credit Obama, while only 40% credit Trump for the current economy.

We're currently experiencing the longest sustained period of economic growth in our country's history. Here's a shocker for you and other Trump blind loyalists: it didn't start 11 and a half months ago! I know...crazy, right?

now tell us your predictions for a Trump presidency back in Nov and Dec 16? fully aware Obama was the president for the past 8 years and responsible for the next 2 years of economic growth. this site has a really nice search feature in case you forgot.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    JC29856 said:

now tell us your predictions for a Trump presidency back in Nov and Dec 16? fully aware Obama was the president for the past 8 years and responsible for the next 2 years of economic growth. this site has a really nice search feature in case you forgot.

Thought markets would go down initially due to the uncertainty but then regain because ultimately, there's not much a president can do that early to have an affect on the economy. As long as he didn't lead us into war, which he came close a couple times, I expected things to remain relatively the same. I'm a rational person not tied to either political party. Economy overall performed a bit better in 2016 than 2017 anyway.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Q3 2017 +.7%
                                   Q4 2017 +.5%

For your first sentence, like I said, happenstance.  That's market speculation, not an direct effect of any Trump legislation or EO.  As for the corporate tax rate, that takes effect for the 2018 tax year, correct?  So it won't really see the effects from it until next tax season.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Trump tweets along Fox this morning and embarrasses himself again lol
    The guy is a truly a buffoon.  He can't take a step without tripping on his panniculus.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    rgambs said:
    Trump tweets along Fox this morning and embarrasses himself again lol
    The guy is a truly a buffoon.  He can't take a step without tripping on his panniculus.
    Most powerful man in the world with access to all sorts of classified information and.......he continuously spends his mornings live tweeting and absorbing info from Fox and Friends. Beyond embarrasing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    But, but, “no company will use savings to benefit their employees”.  Shame on Wal Mart for trickling their savings down to the pockets of their employees.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    edited January 2018
    and then they turn around an announce closure of 63 Sam's Stores and thousands laid off so there's that...

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-abruptly-closing-sam-apos-064451519.html

So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    But, but, “no company will use savings to benefit their employees”.  Shame on Wal Mart for trickling their savings down to the pockets of their employees.
    Thought you were a fan of Trump because he was different. You're now a fan of a huge permanent corporate tax cut while most of the rest of us got a permanent one?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lizard said:
    and then they turn around an announce closure of 63 Sam's Stores and thousands laid off so there's that...

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-abruptly-closing-sam-apos-064451519.html

Which story do you reckon Trump will tweet about?
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.