Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    But, but, “no company will use savings to benefit their employees”.  Shame on Wal Mart for trickling their savings down to the pockets of their employees.
    Thought you were a fan of Trump because he was different. You're now a fan of a huge permanent corporate tax cut while most of the rest of us got a permanent one?
    I do not know where you get your information?  What else am I a fan of all knowing Juggler?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,321
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    But, but, “no company will use savings to benefit their employees”.  Shame on Wal Mart for trickling their savings down to the pockets of their employees.
    Thought you were a fan of Trump because he was different. You're now a fan of a huge permanent corporate tax cut while most of the rest of us got a permanent one?
    I do not know where you get your information?  What else am I a fan of all knowing Juggler?
    Status quo republican tax cuts, apparently....only now when we don't need them and when it adds over a trillion to the national debt. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    63 Sams Clubs store close abruptly as the White House announced Walmart is raising wages due to the new tax plans 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Lizard said:
    and then they turn around an announce closure of 63 Sam's Stores and thousands laid off so there's that...

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-abruptly-closing-sam-apos-064451519.html

Which story do you reckon Trump will tweet about?
    No doubt will be about Hillary
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Status quo republican tax cuts, apparently....only now when we don't need them and when it adds over a trillion to the national debt. 
    When you are in debt, you cut back on frivolous spending...at least that’s what I did when I was in debt (thank God I am no longer in debt).  I definitely didn’t ask my parents for more money to keep my style of living the same.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    gotta say, I'm mildly impressed and quite surprised that Trump has said about a new DACA bill "get me a bill and I'll sign it". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    edited January 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    When you are in debt, you cut back on frivolous spending...at least that’s what I did when I was in debt (thank God I am no longer in debt).  I definitely didn’t ask my parents for more money to keep my style of living the same.  
    the US is in major debt now and it decided to massively cut back on its revenue source.  If you were in debt, would your solution be to reduce your hours?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Hmm. Okay great.

So how do you feel about adding 1.5 trillion dollars to our already record setting deficit then?  Probably not good......or probably good since the president is republican. You make no sense, guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,671
    PJPOWER said:
    They’ll need some extra dough after the pending Medicaid cuts kick in. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    the US is in major debt now and it decided to massively cut back on its revenue source.  If you were in debt, would your solution be to reduce your hours?
    Would your solution be to steal from people against their will?

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    I was one of those that cynically disputed the notion that long term wage increases will result from the tax decrease.  Bonuses are a facade.  However, good for Wal-mart.  If this continues, then I'll stand corrected.  Not ready to yet.  I'll need far more data points.  
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Would your solution be to steal from people against their will?

I don't know how it's "against their will".  You are against taxes, I'm for them.  We offset.  So that's not a great argument.  But what we know is that social security, medicare, VA benefits and other entitlements are very popular.  Why do you think no one has touched them?  I'm also for cutting defense...massively.  Entitlements and defense ARE the budget.  What I'm always against is cutting taxes in a bull market with historically low unemployment.  Makes no friggin sense.  Keep that bullet when the bear hits.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I was one of those that cynically disputed the notion that long term wage increases will result from the tax decrease.  Bonuses are a facade.  However, good for Wal-mart.  If this continues, then I'll stand corrected.  Not ready to yet.  I'll need far more data points.  
    I agree and hope others follow suite.  One could say that it is a great PR move (if looking for other incentives to invest in employee satisfaction).  

• Options
    edited January 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree and hope others follow suite.  One could say that it is a great PR move (if looking for other incentives to invest in employee satisfaction).  

How do you feel about them laying off thousands and closing 63 Sams Club stores today? Good? Not Good?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Tiki said:
    63 Sams Clubs store close abruptly as the White House announced Walmart is raising wages due to the new tax plans 
    http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-suddenly-closes-sams-club-stores-2018-1

Yep....63 stores closing under tRump
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    WalMart still blows.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    WalMart still blows.
    yes it does...giant rhinoceros dicks

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    WalMart still blows.
    Agreed.. but I'll admit to liking Sam's Club.  I don't feel like I'm in a wal mart when there.  Also have a Costco membership but it's always so damned crowded in there that I just don't even go.  It's a friggin zoo comparatively.  

The store closing thing is very unfortunate and frankly Costco's success has really punished Sam's.  
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

How do you feel about them laying off thousands and closing 63 Sams Club stores today? Good? Not Good?
    I haven’t seen their quarterly statements, but if stores were losing money, it jeopardizes the wages of all employees across the board.  It makes no business sense to keep stores open that do not make money.  No one wins if a company goes bankrupt.

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

I think it sucks, but I don't think that getting a tax cut means you keep open unprofitable stores.  Those two things are not connected.  

And yes @PJPOWER, you're right that it's a PR move.  Most companies don't make announcements regarding changes to their hiring policies.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    WalMart still blows.
    Agreed.. but I'll admit to liking Sam's Club.  I don't feel like I'm in a wal mart when there.  Also have a Costco membership but it's always so damned crowded in there that I just don't even go.  It's a friggin zoo comparatively.  

The store closing thing is very unfortunate and frankly Costco's success has really punished Sam's.  
    I fucking love Costco.  I haven't been to Sam's for years but I didn't mind it when I went.  Walmart is just ridiculous.

• Options

Tiki said:
    WalMart still blows.
    At least we agree there.  I haven’t set foot in one in years.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

BTW - I just read the business insider article and I stand corrected.. they did it in a super shitty way.  In particular, closing stores in areas of the country ravaged by natural disasters recently, adding insult to injury.  Eliminating the jobs of 950 people in PR is super shitty.  They could have sat on some stores for a while until the areas came back up.  Crappy for sure.  
  • Options
    Lizard said:
    Lizard said:
    and then they turn around an announce closure of 63 Sam's Stores and thousands laid off so there's that...

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-abruptly-closing-sam-apos-064451519.html

Which story do you reckon Trump will tweet about?
    No doubt will be about Hillary
    And windmills.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    PJPOWER said:
    They didn't need the tax bill to do that.  There are like 30 fucking Waltons on the list of Top 100 wealthiest Americans.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    They didn't need the tax bill to do that.  There are like 30 fucking Waltons on the list of Top 100 wealthiest Americans.
    Exactly....they could give each minimum wage employee a $10,000 bonus and their net worth wouldn't budge.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    Maybe they did from a PR standpoint.  I can totally see a business saying “wow, our brand is going to hurt if we don’t pass some of this widely publicized extra savings down to our employees”.  Incentive comes in many forms.  The question remains “would they have made this move if not for the tax cuts”?
  • Options
    Brilliant stable genius of brilliance. “Send me a bill and I’ll sign it.”

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politics/daca-deal-obstacles-flake-white-house/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Ah, the benevolence of wal mart, where full time employees earn about $28K a year, if you’re a full timer, on average. And that $1,000 bonus? You’re only eligible for the $1K if you have 20 years of service. Imagine working at wal mart for 20 years. What percentage of employees last that long? $50 a year for each year of service. Less than a dollar a week. How will they spend it all?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Maybe they did from a PR standpoint.  I can totally see a business saying “wow, our brand is going to hurt if we don’t pass some of this widely publicized extra savings down to our employees”.  Incentive comes in many forms.  The question remains “would they have made this move if not for the tax cuts”?
    I can agree with ya there.
This discussion has been closed.