Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,641
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mike-pence-tells-david-muir-trumps-jan-words/story?id=93225045

"The president's words were reckless and his actions were reckless," he told Muir this week. "The president's words that day at the rally [before the riot] endangered me and my family and everyone at the Capitol building."
    Too late in my book.  The courageous thing to do would have been to say this sooner instead of waiting until most have decided to turn on Trump.

Glad he made the statement though.  
    Yep. He's selling a book. 
    Ah, did not see there was a book too.  Has to be incredibly dull like he is.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    I love how republicans are going all in on "young adults are too stupid to vote". they'll remember that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,157
    I love how republicans are going all in on "young adults are too stupid to vote". they'll remember that. 
    Maybe they are too stupid to remember. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,152
    Or Jesse Watter's take that single women vote Dem so GOP men need to marry them so that they vote GOP.

Brilliant
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,443
    OnWis97 said:
    what did the dems win?

well they kept the senate that we were told they were going to lose
    they did not lose 60 house seats and may only lose the house by a few seats, which they can pick up again in 2024.

not losing both chambers with the inflation the way it is and the division in this country is a victory in itself.
    Yeah...history, Biden's (un)popularity, and the economy all could have spelled a much different result. I'd like to think that voters recognized that the GOP candidates (that I saw, anyway) offered almost nothing but finger-pointing, fear-mongering, and whining. But I think it was more about Roe. That and "Wokeism is ruining America" doesn't resonate like they figured.
    Another reason why GenZ votes blue....my 22 and 21 year old kids are really offended by that shit. 
    Congrats on raising them that way!  It gives me great hope! 
  • Options
    Maybe they are too stupid to remember. ;)
    especially with all that legal cannabis floating around. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97 said:
    what did the dems win?

they did not lose 60 house seats and may only lose the house by a few seats, which they can pick up again in 2024.

not losing both chambers with the inflation the way it is and the division in this country is a victory in itself.
    Yeah...history, Biden's (un)popularity, and the economy all could have spelled a much different result. I'd like to think that voters recognized that the GOP candidates (that I saw, anyway) offered almost nothing but finger-pointing, fear-mongering, and whining. But I think it was more about Roe. That and "Wokeism is ruining America" doesn't resonate like they figured.
    Another reason why GenZ votes blue....my 22 and 21 year old kids are really offended by that shit. 
    Congrats on raising them that way!  It gives me great hope! 
    I can't say that they are all like that but my 22 year old's best friend is pretty left leaning as well....and she grew up in a GOP (anti-Obama, pro-tRump) household. 

I just don't think that age group is influenced as much by their parents. And no Fox News either.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,027

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,027

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    the constant thumbs up is weird to me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,229
    mickeyrat said:
    I'll not put stock in the opinion of the doomsayer of how badly the D's were getting blown out this cycle.

thanks for playing.
    The republicans made up a story that it was going to be a blow out. The results are actually very close to the polls.  The comment above yours was not doomsaying. It was calling the dem reaction to this election absurd. They are losing the house due to a weak showing in NY and CA. This should have been the best Dem senate election in the six year cycle. Maybe not to the media who are too busy doomsaying trump, but to those who know the GOP had the toughest defense in the six year cycle….and the Dems picked up a grand total of one senate seat. That leaves them exposed in 2024 when they will need to defend four difficult seats

You’re in OH? How’s Sherrods chances to keep his seat? Ryan was a great candidate, lost by seven.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,360
    mickeyrat said:
    I'll not put stock in the opinion of the doomsayer of how badly the D's were getting blown out this cycle.

thanks for playing.
    The republicans made up a story that it was going to be a blow out. The results are actually very close to the polls.  The comment above yours was not doomsaying. It was calling the dem reaction to this election absurd. They are losing the house due to a weak showing in NY and CA. This should have been the best Dem senate election in the six year cycle. Maybe not to the media who are too busy doomsaying trump, but to those who know the GOP had the toughest defense in the six year cycle….and the Dems picked up a grand total of one senate seat. That leaves them exposed in 2024 when they will need to defend four difficult seats

You’re in OH? How’s Sherrods chances to keep his seat? Ryan was a great candidate, lost by seven.

you spent the entirely of this cycle all doom and gloom.

thanks for playing.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    what did the dems win?

538 forecast had the Dems FAVORED to win the senate for all of August, September and October and did not give the republicans a slight advantage until the last week, which was probably skewed due to the avalanche of gop polls release the last couple of weeks.

likewise in the house for the majority of October, 538 forecast had the GOP with 225 seats and they will probably end up with 221 seats.

The election pretty much came out as expected, perhaps a one to two percent lean left. But something is brewing in NY and CA, and if that continues, the house might be out of reach next time.  And there are those four brutal dem senate seats to defend in 2024. And nearly every “expert” is ignoring a nearly twenty point shift to right in NYS, that’s barely getting any mention in the news now.

Trump has had a lasting, positive impact on GOP voting trends in rural America , even after an armed rebellion. GOP now gets 70% of the rural vote,  which is a tough hill to climb
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mickeyrat said:

thanks for playing.

sorry, you're incorrect on this one.  Here's a good summary out of the National Review (as conservative as it gets)

Since we last spoke on Wednesday morning, the 2022 midterms have somehow gotten worse for the Republican Party:

• The GOP blew a golden opportunity to win control of the Senate when it split 50–50. It’s more than fair to wonder if Georgia Republicans will be quite as motivated on December 6, now that control of the Senate is no longer a stake.
    • Control of the House is no guarantee, and even if the GOP does win, a majority if 218-220 seats is barely a functioning majority at all.
    • Republicans will begin 2023 with fewer governors than this year. They essentially forfeited gubernatorial races in Massachusetts, Maryland, Illinois, and Pennsylvania by running fringe candidates completely unsuited to those states’ electorates. They didn’t come all that close to dislodging Gretchen Whitmer in Michigan — Tudor Dixon lost by almost eleven percentage points! — and fell considerably short in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and New Mexico. We’re still waiting for the final call in Arizona, but right now it looks like Katie Hobbs — the woman who wouldn’t debate! — is going to be the state’s next governor.
    • Traditionally, the president’s party loses a lot of state-legislature seats in the midterm elections — around 400! — but this year, Democrats are on course to gain seats. Democrats took control of the Minnesota Senate, both chambers of the Michigan legislature, and the Pennsylvania House.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/the-magnitude-of-the-gop-midterm-debacle/

Your point about the "best cycle in six years" is only true if all Senate seats were equal.  In other words, that's only true if they are all tossups.  But they are aren't.  So until you go through and handicap the 2024 senate races, you can't put stock in that statement.  Netting +1 in a mid term, under these circumstances, is fantastic.  Not even the Republican cheerleaders are making the argument you are.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,480
    edited November 2022
    The AZ Gov race is crazy to me. I thought for sure that Hobbs was blowing it by refusing to debate. Having her win there would be huge. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

thanks for playing.

sorry, you're incorrect on this one.  Here's a good summary out of the National Review (as conservative as it gets)

Since we last spoke on Wednesday morning, the 2022 midterms have somehow gotten worse for the Republican Party:

• The GOP blew a golden opportunity to win control of the Senate when it split 50–50. It’s more than fair to wonder if Georgia Republicans will be quite as motivated on December 6, now that control of the Senate is no longer a stake.
    • Control of the House is no guarantee, and even if the GOP does win, a majority if 218-220 seats is barely a functioning majority at all.
    • Republicans will begin 2023 with fewer governors than this year. They essentially forfeited gubernatorial races in Massachusetts, Maryland, Illinois, and Pennsylvania by running fringe candidates completely unsuited to those states’ electorates. They didn’t come all that close to dislodging Gretchen Whitmer in Michigan — Tudor Dixon lost by almost eleven percentage points! — and fell considerably short in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and New Mexico. We’re still waiting for the final call in Arizona, but right now it looks like Katie Hobbs — the woman who wouldn’t debate! — is going to be the state’s next governor.
    • Traditionally, the president’s party loses a lot of state-legislature seats in the midterm elections — around 400! — but this year, Democrats are on course to gain seats. Democrats took control of the Minnesota Senate, both chambers of the Michigan legislature, and the Pennsylvania House.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/the-magnitude-of-the-gop-midterm-debacle/

Your point about the "best cycle in six years" is only true if all Senate seats were equal.  In other words, that's only true if they are all tossups.  But they are aren't.  So until you go through and handicap the 2024 senate races, you can't put stock in that statement.  Netting +1 in a mid term, under these circumstances, is fantastic.  Not even the Republican cheerleaders are making the argument you are.  

I’ll agree only to the point IF the GOP nominates more like Oz and Herschel maybe the senate is in play next time. However these four senate seats Dems need to defend in two years  are all solid red states  - WV MT WI OH. Does manchin have another miracle in him? Sherrod Brown? Our buddy Tester, Jeff going to arrange another big show for him? It make take a residency this time. I don’t think Ed sings Fatal next time.

These are four deep red states now (ok maybe not WI, but Dems just lost to crazy Ron Johnson, in a supposed blue tsunami year, at least according to Michael Moore, and Bri from Fresno), and in 2018 the Dems had their best midterm wave in decades that helped net these four seats. If they lose GA in Dec, they’ll need to go four for four in these states, plus defend every other seat.

I’ll say the Nat Review needs to stop their Libertarian anti trump crying and do their homework (you know I know they are less conservative as they are more Libertarian?) They are anti trumpers hoping against hope trump goes away (I hope they win that GOP fight, but obviously skeptical).  Those four senate seats all went to the Dems in 2018 which was helped by a legitimate blue tsunami, 2018, their best midterm in decades, not the halfway decent election they had this year. Dems also need to defend NV in 2024, which was not easy this year. And Dems ALSO need to deal with Sinemas seat, who knows what mess that becomes. 2024 is all defense defense defense. Take a look at the 2024 senate wiki, there are zero vulnerable red seats. No offense.

As far as the House goes, it’s as close as a guarantee right now to go to the GOP
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    1. Tammy Baldwin wins in a landslide.  Tony Evers just won and WI is not red.  What they do is re-elect incumbents.
    2. Tester wins again
    3. BRown is very popular with blue collar workers in Ohio
    4. Yes, Manchin can win again
    5. Nat Review is not even close to libertarian.  They are vehemently anti-choice.  They are not Trumpy, but the editors prefer Trump to a democrat. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I agree three of four are excellent candidates. But theyll need to bat 100% in 24 and the two big factors that helped dem in 18, huge anti trump tsunami, AND this year, Roe and J6 will likely be faded from many voters next time.

point is, look at our states, NY VA and even CA….There is ample evidence of storm clouds.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

thanks for playing.

It's encouraging that NR is using the "fringe candidate" verbiage. I hope the GOP takes that to heart. 

• Options
    I agree three of four are excellent candidates. But theyll need to bat 100% in 24 and the two big factors that helped dem in 18, huge anti trump tsunami, AND this year, Roe and J6 will likely be faded from many voters next time.

point is, look at our states, NY VA and even CA….There is ample evidence of storm clouds.
    Meanwhile Republicans are in the midst of a god damned hurricane....

Regarding your big factors....there are always unforeseen factors that pop up nowadays. One thing you are not thinking about is we'll be two more years away from the pandemic, which likely means inflation is much lower and the economy, while likely getting worse in the next 6-9 months, will be looking a whole lot better come election season. 

Enjoy the win, man. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

VA isn't a concern.  Youngkin was a good candidate and Mccauliffe felt like a has been.  He campaigned lethargically and the voters reacted.  Kaine and Warner will win as long as they run.  They are both center left and are popular here. 

NY needs a diagnosis and correction. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,626
    edited November 2022
    I think the NY thing was a bit complicated from the Governor's race.  Hochul was someone we never really voted for, was cast in behind Cuomo, she isnt anyone to get excited about, and she is from Western NY so she doesnt have all the notoriety and pull with downstaters.  Zeldin ran a spirited campaign that energized republicans, and scared some suburban folks (I appreciate my 9 and 7 year old having to witness all sorts of violence inundated with those ads all hours of the day).

There was a lot of energy around Zeldin and toppling Hochul/Cuomo once and for all, as there always is.  The vast rural sections of the state might as well be Kentucky anyways.  Hochul had little energy.  She is frankly boring (which isnt necessarily a bad thing), but didnt compel a lot of people to be excited to show up and vote for her.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    He is supposed to announce tonight at 9 then? Is it an interview with Hannity? Anyone know any details?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh boy! TJ on board? BS? Roles? Linda?

Trump shares demon god, child sacrifice conspiracies hours before 2024 announcement

Gustaf Kilander - 2h ago

Donald Trump appears to be openly courting conspiracy theorists as he seeks support ahead of his expected 2024 presidential campaign announcement.

“Hopefully TODAY will turn out to be one of the most important days in the history of our Country!” Mr Trump wrote on Truth Social in the early hours of Tuesday just hours after reposting an image shared by a platform user called “God_Bless_Trump” who posted a warning of demon gods taking charge.

The image was split in two, with one side showing Mr Trump with the caption “We Love You, President Trump! God Bless You!” while the other side consisted of a block of text outlining wild conspiracy theories concerning why Mr Trump was running for president.

The image said that Mr Trump was running for the highest office in the country despite having “it all” because “perhaps he could not stomach the thought of mass murders occurring to satisfy Moloch” – a reference to an ancient child-sacrificing god, The Daily Beast noted.

“Perhaps he could not stomach the thought of children being kidnapped, drugged, and raped while leaders/law enforcement of the world turn a blind eye,” the image said, conveying baseless QAnon conspiracy theory tropes concerning a satanic global child sex trafficking ring.

An image shared by Trump on Truth Social outlined baseless conspiracy theories Truth Social  God_Bless_Trump
    An image shared by Trump on Truth Social outlined baseless conspiracy theories (Truth Social / @God_Bless_Trump)© Provided by The Independent

The postings come as Mr Trump gets ready to make his expected 2024 campaign announcement later on Tuesday.

He shared hints on numerous occasions that he’ll make a third bid for the White House while campaigning for Republican candidates who put up lacklustre performances in the midterms.

On Thursday, Mr Trump confirmed that he would make a “special announcement” at Mar-a-Lago.

Longtime Trump adviser Jason Miller said on Friday that more than 250 camera crews have requested access. Mr Trump is set to make the announcement at 9pm on Tuesday night despite concerns from Republicans that he should delay the announcement after the Georgia Senate runoff on 6 December between Republican Herschel Walker and Democrat Raphael Warnock.

“President Trump is going to announce on Tuesday that he’s running for president. And it’s going to be a very professional, very buttoned-up announcement,” Mr Miller said on Friday.

Virginia Lieutenant Governor Winsome Earle-Sears has said Mr Trump was a “liability” for the GOP and that she would be unable to support him in 2024.

Former Trump White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany and New Hampshire GOP Governor Chris Sununu have both said that Mr Trump should hold off.

After an expected red wave never came in the midterm elections, Democrats will retain the senate while Republicans are expected to take the House by the slimmest of margins.

Trump shares demon god, child sacrifice conspiracies hours before 2024 announcement (msn.com)

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,734
    Very professional!  :)
  • Options
    I'm sure all he saw was "we love you president trump" and hit "share" immediately. haha. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm sure all he saw was "we love you president trump" and hit "share" immediately. haha. 
    Maybe he doesn't know how to read
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    How could he have written all those best sellers?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    How could he have written all those best sellers?
    Iphone dictation. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    He knows how to...he's just too lazy to read more than the headlines.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.