Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Will the QtRUmplicans who see this make the connection between WSJ and the Murdochs/focksnooze/NYPost ?
  • Options

Imagine supporting and believing in such a demonstrable piece of shit as Donald J Trump? 
  • Options

Imagine supporting and believing in such a demonstrable piece of shit as Donald J Trump? 
    I'm curious how they will reconcile supporting Desantis once tRump starts trashing him or vice versa. Should be good hypocrisy.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241

I’ll raise you one, both funny but unrealistic. His party is going to win the house which will be huge for stopping spending especially on the climate, and maybe the senate, which is huge for all the courts and appointment confirmations. They will be able to investigate the Dems nonstop. Looking at what happened in normally blue suburbs in ny, and fl, and his election denier in AZ could make that state very difficult for Dems in 2024. trump has ample evidence to carry on. 

He gets GOP turnout like no one else. The election went fairly close to predictions, and if deathsantis and trump find a way to form an alliance, many say, including many in this forum, deathsantis alone is enough to take back the presidency 

Americans will vote for coal, abortion bans, drilling, tax cuts for the elite…all they want is a pretty, well speaking package to get it from.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501

I'm curious how they will reconcile supporting Desantis once tRump starts trashing him or vice versa. Should be good hypocrisy.
    ....while under indictment, most likely.

The next year or so will be fascinating to watch them eat themselves alive. Plus if their majority in the house is only a few seats or so, those nimrods will be at each others throats too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The next year or so will be fascinating to watch them eat themselves alive. Plus if their majority in the house is only a few seats or so, those nimrods will be at each others throats too. 
    Just as I predicted. They always eat their own.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,738
    The more rational minded republicans are hoping Trump just gives up or “retires” from politics and then they can ignore him and pretend it didn’t happen. They don’t understand Narcissistic Personality Disorder and how disappearing would be completely counter to it all. “They’re all narcissists” I would hear. Watching this turn into a full on disaster would bring me immense joy. I hope it was worth the tax cuts! 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108

many thought the same in 2016. most thought trump had zero chance. then all the repubs who called him a kook or who he made fun of their wives, etc,  fell in line when they saw how the chips were falling. it could easily happen that way again. I don't think it will, but it could. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

many thought the same in 2016. most thought trump had zero chance. then all the repubs who called him a kook or who he made fun of their wives, etc,  fell in line when they saw how the chips were falling. it could easily happen that way again. I don't think it will, but it could. 
    Good. Let them fall in line. Easier path to victory in 2024 with Trump on the ticket. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The more rational minded republicans are hoping Trump just gives up or “retires” from politics and then they can ignore him and pretend it didn’t happen. They don’t understand Narcissistic Personality Disorder and how disappearing would be completely counter to it all. “They’re all narcissists” I would hear. Watching this turn into a full on disaster would bring me immense joy. I hope it was worth the tax cuts! 
    As Linda said, things are about to get entertaining!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    imagine a Trump/Desantis double bill. Think Desantis would be content with VP then being the nom in 2028?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

The most likely scenario is a continuation of the pattern, unless a republican “leader” steps up to move the party past Trump, but the risk from that is high for an unknown reward. They all got behind Trump when he lost in ‘20, so why wouldn’t they stay with him now? DeSantis’s political future is safer if he doesn't run in ‘24, claiming he stilli has work to do for the good people of Florida. Good chance Trump is dead by ‘28. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,629
    imagine a Trump/Desantis double bill. Think Desantis would be content with VP then being the nom in 2028?

I don't think so.

First, Trump has railroaded pretty much everyone he has worked with.  I would think desantis and his people know this

His star is also rising now.  Who knows how it will be in 2028, especially after 4-6 years of taking the ride with Trump.  

He doesn't need Trump for 2024, and you can make a strong case that Trump weakens desantis' position

Trump is poison for Rs now in a national election.  He plays great in deep red areas.  Nobody better, even Jesus.  Purple and blue though, he drives the opposition to the polls in record numbers and also drives away a small slice of his own party.  Desantis can inspire the deep red areas, but also not mobilize the opposition so much

There is zero chance desantis would nuke a blue state because the governor said a mean thing on social media.  Trump, I'd put the odds somewhere above zero.

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,042
    edited November 2022
    all the reasons you dislike this MF in one sequence of photos...

Number 2 with the goddamned POSTURE.

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    i think it is fair to say that any remaining republican politicians have nothing to fear by crossing trump. the fact that the right wing media, most of it anyway, is dunking on him should be the bat signal that they can move on to the desantis cult.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    i think it is fair to say that any remaining republican politicians have nothing to fear by crossing trump. the fact that the right wing media, most of it anyway, is dunking on him should be the bat signal that they can move on to the desantis cult.
    I’m a solid wait and see on this one seeing how they passed up on 200 opportunities to reject him. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,383

Sharp attacks on Trump from Rupert Murdoch's news outlets
    By DAVID BAUDER
    46 mins ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump has taken some hits in the aftermath of the midterm elections, but the unkindest cuts may have come from a source that was once among his biggest backers — the media empire of magnate Rupert Murdoch.

The New York Post's front cover on Thursday put Trump's face over the drawing of a boy from a well-known nursery rhyme. The headline: “Trumpty Dumpty.”

“Don (who couldn't build a wall) had a great fall — can all of the GOP's men put the party back together again?” the newspaper wrote.

The Wall Street Journal's opinion section ran a sharp editorial headlined, “Trump is the Republican Party's Biggest Loser.” While Fox News' biggest stars were relatively quiet, the former president heard enough discouraging words to attack the network on social media.

Trump was blamed for supporting losing or underperforming candidates like Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania, Don Bolduc in New Hampshire and Blake Masters in Arizona that cost Republicans a chance to make big gains in the House and Senate, as many had predicted.

The Journal's editorial mentioned each of those names and more, saying that Trump had “a perfect record of electoral defeat” since his victory over Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.

“Democrats succeeded again in making Trump a central campaign issue, and Mr. Trump helped them do it,” the Journal said.

The newspaper on Thursday also ran a guest column touting Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis as an alternative to Trump for the 2024 presidential election, and an excerpt from former Vice President Mike Pence's new book headlined, “My last days with Donald Trump.”

On the Post's website, veteran columnist John Podhoretz dubbed the former president “Toxic Trump.”

Podhoretz wrote that Trump was “the political equivalent of a can of Raid” and “perhaps the most profound vote repellent in modern American history.”

The Post ran an editorial urging DeSantis run for president. A day earlier, the newspaper's cover featured a triumphant picture of DeSantis with the headline, “DeFuture.”

A spokesman for Murdoch's News Corp. said he had no comment on the editorial choices. It's not like the outlets have never criticized Trump, but the tone and timing were noteworthy.

Non-Murdoch affiliated conservative figures and outlets took some shots at Trump. The Washington Examiner wrote that Republicans needed to choose between electoral success or Trump, while American Thinker said Trump is devolving into a permanent liability, according to The Righting newsletter.

Some Fox News stars tread lightly into critical territory. Jesse Watters talked Wednesday of a 2024 presidential election rematch between Trump and President Joe Biden.

“Does Trump win?" Watters said. “I hope so. I love the guy. A week ago, I would have said slam dunk. But after how last night shook out, I don't know now. Democrats will walk over hot coals to vote against Trump, but will Republicans do that to vote against Joe Biden?”

Another Fox host, Laura Ingraham, didn't mention Trump's name but said the populist movement is about ideas, not one person.

“If the voters conclude that you're putting your own ego or your own grudges ahead of what's good for the country, they're going to look elsewhere,” she said.

Trump has all but promised that he would announce a 2024 candidacy as soon as next week. But his former White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, said on Fox that no potential candidates should announce before the Dec. 6 runoff election for the U.S. Senate seat in Georgia. Dov Hikind, a “Fox & Friends” guest, said Trump should announce his support for DeSantis.

“Donald Trump, move on,” he said.

That appeared unlikely, given that Trump recently referred to the Florida governor as “Ron DeSanctimonious." He also posted Wednesday on Truth Social that he got more votes in Florida in 2020 than DeSantis did this week — even though they were running for different offices and not against each other.

A Trump representative did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

The former president posted that Fox News was “really gone,” and he disputed stories that he had backed losers. He was particularly critical of The New York Times for a story that said he was angry at his wife, Melania, and Fox News' Sean Hannity for pushing him to back Oz's Senate candidacy in Pennsylvania.

“I was not at all ANGRY,” he wrote. “Fake news!”

____

Associated Press researcher Rhonda Shafner in New York contributed to this report.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Sharp attacks on Trump from Rupert Murdoch's news outlets
    By DAVID BAUDER
    46 mins ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump has taken some hits in the aftermath of the midterm elections, but the unkindest cuts may have come from a source that was once among his biggest backers — the media empire of magnate Rupert Murdoch.

The New York Post's front cover on Thursday put Trump's face over the drawing of a boy from a well-known nursery rhyme. The headline: “Trumpty Dumpty.”

“Don (who couldn't build a wall) had a great fall — can all of the GOP's men put the party back together again?” the newspaper wrote.

The Wall Street Journal's opinion section ran a sharp editorial headlined, “Trump is the Republican Party's Biggest Loser.” While Fox News' biggest stars were relatively quiet, the former president heard enough discouraging words to attack the network on social media.

Trump was blamed for supporting losing or underperforming candidates like Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania, Don Bolduc in New Hampshire and Blake Masters in Arizona that cost Republicans a chance to make big gains in the House and Senate, as many had predicted.

The Journal's editorial mentioned each of those names and more, saying that Trump had “a perfect record of electoral defeat” since his victory over Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.

“Democrats succeeded again in making Trump a central campaign issue, and Mr. Trump helped them do it,” the Journal said.

The newspaper on Thursday also ran a guest column touting Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis as an alternative to Trump for the 2024 presidential election, and an excerpt from former Vice President Mike Pence's new book headlined, “My last days with Donald Trump.”

On the Post's website, veteran columnist John Podhoretz dubbed the former president “Toxic Trump.”

Podhoretz wrote that Trump was “the political equivalent of a can of Raid” and “perhaps the most profound vote repellent in modern American history.”

The Post ran an editorial urging DeSantis run for president. A day earlier, the newspaper's cover featured a triumphant picture of DeSantis with the headline, “DeFuture.”

A spokesman for Murdoch's News Corp. said he had no comment on the editorial choices. It's not like the outlets have never criticized Trump, but the tone and timing were noteworthy.

Non-Murdoch affiliated conservative figures and outlets took some shots at Trump. The Washington Examiner wrote that Republicans needed to choose between electoral success or Trump, while American Thinker said Trump is devolving into a permanent liability, according to The Righting newsletter.

Some Fox News stars tread lightly into critical territory. Jesse Watters talked Wednesday of a 2024 presidential election rematch between Trump and President Joe Biden.

“Does Trump win?" Watters said. “I hope so. I love the guy. A week ago, I would have said slam dunk. But after how last night shook out, I don't know now. Democrats will walk over hot coals to vote against Trump, but will Republicans do that to vote against Joe Biden?”

Another Fox host, Laura Ingraham, didn't mention Trump's name but said the populist movement is about ideas, not one person.

“If the voters conclude that you're putting your own ego or your own grudges ahead of what's good for the country, they're going to look elsewhere,” she said.

Trump has all but promised that he would announce a 2024 candidacy as soon as next week. But his former White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, said on Fox that no potential candidates should announce before the Dec. 6 runoff election for the U.S. Senate seat in Georgia. Dov Hikind, a “Fox & Friends” guest, said Trump should announce his support for DeSantis.

“Donald Trump, move on,” he said.

That appeared unlikely, given that Trump recently referred to the Florida governor as “Ron DeSanctimonious." He also posted Wednesday on Truth Social that he got more votes in Florida in 2020 than DeSantis did this week — even though they were running for different offices and not against each other.

A Trump representative did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

The former president posted that Fox News was “really gone,” and he disputed stories that he had backed losers. He was particularly critical of The New York Times for a story that said he was angry at his wife, Melania, and Fox News' Sean Hannity for pushing him to back Oz's Senate candidacy in Pennsylvania.

I was not at all ANGRY,” he wrote. “Fake news!”

____

Associated Press researcher Rhonda Shafner in New York contributed to this report.

Sure, POOTWH, sure.

The ‘Murican people can reject POOTWH, why can’t repub leadership?

#PTAPE(S)
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Trump's already going Desantis him on his shitty social media app. Get your popcorn ready. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,974

I can't imagine doing that but, at the very least, I would be embarrassed.  It sure feels like we are emerging from the nightmare that was the despicable Era of Trump!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,042
    SO DELUSIONAL...indict this fool.

Trump plows forward, GOP critics be damned

The president’s team is furious with critics, keeping track of detractors, and planning a presidential bid announcement next week.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/10/trump-2024-presidential-announcement-00066423
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,383
    edited November 2022
    I can see gop members  demanding turning off the legal fund spigot from rnc
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Lol.  Please take your MAGA movement and the GOP down in flames.  I think we might be getting close to trump self implosion
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,180
    The GOP is just another in a long line of airlines, steaks, etc. for Trump.  Lots of bluster and promises....only lasts a few years and then he bankrupts them and they disappear.  

They sold their souls for a 1 term presidency.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    #ETTD

• Options

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    This entertainment was my favorite part of his presidency.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,473
    static111 said:
    This entertainment was my favorite part of his presidency.
    Damn to behave like a spoiled brat in front of news outlets! Yet he’s deplorable cult loves it the more he insults the more they cheer HRC was right! Deplorable’s his whole base 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.