Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,180
    mickeyrat said:
    The GOP is just another in a long line of airlines, steaks, etc. for Trump.  Lots of bluster and promises....only lasts a few years and then he bankrupts them and they disappear.  

They sold their souls for a 1 term presidency.
    and a supreme court plus all the other hundreds of judges with lifetime appointments

Solid point. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Might be a dumb question, but I’m not on Twitter so I don’t know. How do we know if it’s the real one anymore?
    Coulter has been anti-tRump for a long time
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tRump's announcement party is going to be great....it will be interesting to see which GOP figures show up to it because you know he's taking names.

The press shouldn't even show up. Fuck him.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,052
    edited November 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Might be a dumb question, but I’m not on Twitter so I don’t know. How do we know if it’s the real one anymore?
    I wasn't necessarily doubting this tweet. Just thinking in general. But I guess it is pretty obvious, you can click on the name and see the profile, see how many followers, see previous tweets, etc. I've just never once used twitter, so didn't think about it.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,052
    tRump's announcement party is going to be great....it will be interesting to see which GOP figures show up to it because you know he's taking names.

I haven't been following exactly who trump did and didn't support. But I heard more of his supporters lost last week, and more GOP candidates that separated themselves from him won. So I would imagine that is definitely going to influence who supports his next run and see a much smaller number support him.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I haven't been following exactly who trump did and didn't support. But I heard more of his supporters lost last week, and more GOP candidates that separated themselves from him won. So I would imagine that is definitely going to influence who supports his next run and see a much smaller number support him.
    And the Pence interview airs tonight....just the thought of a former VP stating on live TV that remarks by the POTUS endangered his family should be enough to keep tRump from ever running again.

How is he still relevant at all?

• Options
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mike-pence-tells-david-muir-trumps-jan-words/story?id=93225045

"The president's words were reckless and his actions were reckless," he told Muir this week. "The president's words that day at the rally [before the riot] endangered me and my family and everyone at the Capitol building."

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,383

Trump Wanted I.R.S. Investigations of Foes, Top Aide Says John F. Kelly, who was White House chief of staff, said that as president, Donald J. Trump wanted investigations into perceived enemies like James Comey, the former F.B.I. director.  Image

by Michael S Schmidt

While in office, President Donald J. Trump repeatedly told John F. Kelly, his second White House chief of staff, that he wanted a number of his perceived political enemies to be investigated by the Internal Revenue Service, Mr. Kelly said.

Mr. Kelly, who was chief of staff from July 2017 through the end of 2018, said in response to questions from The New York Times that Mr. Trump’s demands were part of a broader pattern of him trying to use the Justice Department and his authority as president against people who had been critical of him, including seeking to revoke the security clearances of former top intelligence officials.

Mr. Kelly said that among those Mr. Trump said “we ought to investigate” and “get the I.R.S. on” were the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey and his deputy, Andrew G. McCabe. His account of Mr. Trump’s desires to use the I.R.S. against his foes comes after the revelation by The Times this summer that Mr. Comey and Mr. McCabe had both been selected for a rare and highly intrusive audit by the tax agency in the years after Mr. Kelly left the White House.

Mr. Trump has said he knows nothing about the audits. The I.R.S. has asked its inspector general to investigate, and officials have insisted the two men were selected randomly for the audits.

continued.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Trump Wanted I.R.S. Investigations of Foes, Top Aide Says John F. Kelly, who was White House chief of staff, said that as president, Donald J. Trump wanted investigations into perceived enemies like James Comey, the former F.B.I. director.  Image

by Michael S Schmidt

While in office, President Donald J. Trump repeatedly told John F. Kelly, his second White House chief of staff, that he wanted a number of his perceived political enemies to be investigated by the Internal Revenue Service, Mr. Kelly said.

Mr. Kelly, who was chief of staff from July 2017 through the end of 2018, said in response to questions from The New York Times that Mr. Trump’s demands were part of a broader pattern of him trying to use the Justice Department and his authority as president against people who had been critical of him, including seeking to revoke the security clearances of former top intelligence officials.

Mr. Kelly said that among those Mr. Trump said “we ought to investigate” and “get the I.R.S. on” were the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey and his deputy, Andrew G. McCabe. His account of Mr. Trump’s desires to use the I.R.S. against his foes comes after the revelation by The Times this summer that Mr. Comey and Mr. McCabe had both been selected for a rare and highly intrusive audit by the tax agency in the years after Mr. Kelly left the White House.

Mr. Trump has said he knows nothing about the audits. The I.R.S. has asked its inspector general to investigate, and officials have insisted the two men were selected randomly for the audits.

continued.....

And this should prevent him from ever running for office again....the fucker is so corrupt we are just numb to it

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241
    mickeyrat said:
    The GOP is just another in a long line of airlines, steaks, etc. for Trump.  Lots of bluster and promises....only lasts a few years and then he bankrupts them and they disappear.  

and a supreme court plus all the other hundreds of judges with lifetime appointments

Solid point. 

Need to push back on this. Dems are celebrating non stop on the senate news this morning and what exactly did they gain? The senate will likely be exactly what it was, maybe one seat pickup, but there are net of four very vulnerable dem senate seats in 2024. Dems made zero inroads in new states, and PA is a desperately needed solid blue state considering the states that were supposed to be turning blue ten years ago that trumpism stopped dead in its tracks. The election results are nearly 50/50 because the country is polarized , but the Dems have been losing ground in key states. The gop is still competitive in PA, if they can find better candidates, yet there are so many swing states and supposedly emerging blue states that trumpism stopped the Dems dead in their tracks.

this is exactly what trump has given the gop since his rise, he turned rural and exurban America into a plus forty percent GOP tsunami around the entire country and the Dems are even weakening in suburban NY and CA. Yes the house is likely lost due to gop flipping seats in ny and ca, Dems ignoring that is dangerous. Also, Florida OH and IA has transformed into a solid Republican state since trumps rise. 

What does a plus forty rural America give the GOP? Probably a stranglehold on the senate if those two of those four outlier senate seats return to the GOP in 2024. The overwhelming rural support has stalled and even reversed the blue shift in NC, TX, WI and even NV is starting to lean back to GOP taking the governorship and possibly AZ gov goes red again. And with certain NY and CA house districts going red in a supposedly blue year, this puts the competitiveness of the house also towards gop favor looking to the future

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,383
    edited November 2022
    I'll not put stock in the opinion of the doomsayer of how badly the D's were getting blown out this cycle.

thanks for playing.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I wasn't necessarily doubting this tweet. Just thinking in general. But I guess it is pretty obvious, you can click on the name and see the profile, see how many followers, see previous tweets, etc. I've just never once used twitter, so didn't think about it.
    Because she has 2 million followers

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,629
    I think its more of the thought that if this election was lost by a large margin (which was kind of expected), Trump and the Republicans would have probably ended our democracy within the next 2-6 years.

This proves that Trump cant win.  He is toxic.  And now, Republicans are going to be forced to either reject him (in which case Trump wont go away), or quadruple down on him so he can lose in 2024, energize D turnout, and congress will be buoyed to Dems again.  

Democrats have their own issues that need to be dealt with/shored up.  Its going to be serious.  Especially if the R party swings away from the crazies
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,014
    mickeyrat said:
    I'll not put stock in the opinion of the doomsayer of how badly the D's were getting blown out this cycle.

thanks for playing.
    +1
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    mickeyrat said:

thanks for playing.
    +1
    Agreed. I saw some tweet that said this could be the best midterm performance of a first term president since FDR. Think it was that Harry Enten guy from CNN. Sure there are still big concerns about 2024 but, jesus....democracy has lived to fight another day! This is a good thing!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,662
    edited November 2022
    mickeyrat said:

thanks for playing.
    Agreed. 

Last week went better than expected for D's. Is this country out of the woods? Not by any stretch, but the fact that these mid-terms weren't a blood bath for democrats is a victory in and of itself. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

thanks for playing.
    Agreed. 

Last week went better than expected for D's. Is this country out of the woods? Not by any stretch, but the fact that these mid-terms weren't a blood bath for democrats is a victory in and of itself. 
    And it is the perfect setup for tRump's exit. He's toxic and this election proves it.

It will give me great pleasure to watch him crumble. 

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,042
    I'm of the opinion he dont get to announce SHIT, until he testifies for the Select committee.   

If he has something so important to announce then he should ANSWER whatever QUESTIONS the 16SC has first, Fucker.   

His SUBPENOA is for today.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,829
    mickeyrat said:

Solid point. 

Need to push back on this. Dems are celebrating non stop on the senate news this morning and what exactly did they gain? The senate will likely be exactly what it was, maybe one seat pickup, but there are net of four very vulnerable dem senate seats in 2024. Dems made zero inroads in new states, and PA is a desperately needed solid blue state considering the states that were supposed to be turning blue ten years ago that trumpism stopped dead in its tracks. The election results are nearly 50/50 because the country is polarized , but the Dems have been losing ground in key states. The gop is still competitive in PA, if they can find better candidates, yet there are so many swing states and supposedly emerging blue states that trumpism stopped the Dems dead in their tracks.

this is exactly what trump has given the gop since his rise, he turned rural and exurban America into a plus forty percent GOP tsunami around the entire country and the Dems are even weakening in suburban NY and CA. Yes the house is likely lost due to gop flipping seats in ny and ca, Dems ignoring that is dangerous. Also, Florida OH and IA has transformed into a solid Republican state since trumps rise. 

What does a plus forty rural America give the GOP? Probably a stranglehold on the senate if those two of those four outlier senate seats return to the GOP in 2024. The overwhelming rural support has stalled and even reversed the blue shift in NC, TX, WI and even NV is starting to lean back to GOP taking the governorship and possibly AZ gov goes red again. And with certain NY and CA house districts going red in a supposedly blue year, this puts the competitiveness of the house also towards gop favor looking to the future

Considering the history of mid terms, inflation, etc. I don't know how you can possibly put such a negative spin on the election.  The only criticism is the loss of seats in NY.  Winning a swing state like PA, and holding gains in NV and AZ are great accomplishments.  Further, holding onto a traditional red seat like in GA would just be the gravy.  

And while holding the House would be (and still could be) nice, having the Senate is huge for judges and all sorts of confirmation seats, as well as the debt ceiling and other budgetary items that don't need 60.  
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mike-pence-tells-david-muir-trumps-jan-words/story?id=93225045

"The president's words were reckless and his actions were reckless," he told Muir this week. "The president's words that day at the rally [before the riot] endangered me and my family and everyone at the Capitol building."
    Too late in my book.  The courageous thing to do would have been to say this sooner instead of waiting until most have decided to turn on Trump.

Glad he made the statement though.  
  • Options

Too late in my book.  The courageous thing to do would have been to say this sooner instead of waiting until most have decided to turn on Trump.

Yep. He's selling a book. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,473

On his book tour someone should ask why didn’t he say anything that the day or day after it’s pathetic, I have no desire to read not one page of it, fuck him..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    I guess you guys didn't find it strange that on election night 5 swing states that Trump had comfortable leads in suddenly shut down their counts and low and behold we woke up the next day and he was behind on all of them. One even said they had a water main break and had to shut down. You can't make this shit up. 
    What is the excuse this time TJ?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Mo Brooks....clearly a rino...right? lol

Mo Brooks Savages Trump as Dishonest, Disloyal, Incompetent (mediaite.com)

Mo Brooks Savages Trump as ‘Dishonest, Disloyal, Incompetent, Crude’ While Boosting DeSantis For 2024 Run

By Alex GriffingNov 14th, 2022, 11:46 am
    75 comments
    submit to reddit
    Trump Withdraws Endorsement of Woke Mo Brooks After He Dips in the Polls

Chip Somodevilla/Getty

One-time Trump ally and MAGA firebrand, Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), tore into former President Donald Trump over the weekend in an interview with AL.com. Brooks pulled no punches in denouncing what he sees as Trump’s utter lack of character during the interview, in which he also made clear that he is retiring from politics once the new Congress is sworn in in January.

Brooks was one of Trump’s most loyal congressional supporters and in 2020 played a role in pushing Trump’s debunked allegations the presidential election was stolen. In 2022 Brooks received and then lost Trump’s endorsement in Alabama’s GOP primary for the U.S. Senate – a race he eventually lost.

Trump accused Brooks of going “woke” after the Congressman publicly said Trump had no legal ability to be reinstated president as a result of the 2020 election. Trump also blasted Brooks for hiring “a new campaign staff who ‘brilliantly’ convinced him to ‘stop talking about the 2020 Election.’”

Brooks went scorched earth with AL.com, clearly laying the blame for the GOP’s disappointing midterm results at Trump’s feet.

“It would be a bad mistake for the Republicans to have Donald Trump as their nominee in 2024. Donald Trump has proven himself to be dishonest, disloyal, incompetent, crude and a lot of other things that alienate so many independents and Republicans,” Brooks told the local outlet.

“Even a candidate who campaigns from his basement can beat him,” Brooks added, parroting a common right-wing barb directed at President Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign. “It’s just the way it is.”

“I did not fight for Donald Trump after the 2020 election,” Brooks also told Paul Gattis of Al.com. “I fought for election integrity. Donald Trump just happened to be the beneficiary of it.”

“Keep in mind 2016 when I said he was dishonest, you cannot trust a single word that he says and I have never recanted that. No question, I am displeased with Donald Trump. But that does not change the truthfulness of what I say. I challenge anybody to make the argument that you can trust the word of Donald Trump,” the conservative Republican added.

Brooks argued that the GOP has many better candidates to run for president in 2024 than Trump and singled out Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) for praise.

“We need someone who is honorable, someone who has good character, someone that the American people respect. They might disagree with, but they respect,” Brooks added. “And Ron DeSantis is a fighter for the foundational principles that have combined to make America the greatest nation in world history.”

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

• Options
    Mo Brooks....clearly a rino...right? lol

Mo Brooks Savages Trump as Dishonest, Disloyal, Incompetent (mediaite.com)

Mo Brooks Savages Trump as ‘Dishonest, Disloyal, Incompetent, Crude’ While Boosting DeSantis For 2024 Run

By Alex GriffingNov 14th, 2022, 11:46 am
    75 comments
    submit to reddit
    Trump Withdraws Endorsement of Woke Mo Brooks After He Dips in the Polls

Chip Somodevilla/Getty

One-time Trump ally and MAGA firebrand, Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), tore into former President Donald Trump over the weekend in an interview with AL.com. Brooks pulled no punches in denouncing what he sees as Trump’s utter lack of character during the interview, in which he also made clear that he is retiring from politics once the new Congress is sworn in in January.

Brooks was one of Trump’s most loyal congressional supporters and in 2020 played a role in pushing Trump’s debunked allegations the presidential election was stolen. In 2022 Brooks received and then lost Trump’s endorsement in Alabama’s GOP primary for the U.S. Senate – a race he eventually lost.

Trump accused Brooks of going “woke” after the Congressman publicly said Trump had no legal ability to be reinstated president as a result of the 2020 election. Trump also blasted Brooks for hiring “a new campaign staff who ‘brilliantly’ convinced him to ‘stop talking about the 2020 Election.’”

Brooks went scorched earth with AL.com, clearly laying the blame for the GOP’s disappointing midterm results at Trump’s feet.

“It would be a bad mistake for the Republicans to have Donald Trump as their nominee in 2024. Donald Trump has proven himself to be dishonest, disloyal, incompetent, crude and a lot of other things that alienate so many independents and Republicans,” Brooks told the local outlet.

“Even a candidate who campaigns from his basement can beat him,” Brooks added, parroting a common right-wing barb directed at President Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign. “It’s just the way it is.”

“I did not fight for Donald Trump after the 2020 election,” Brooks also told Paul Gattis of Al.com. “I fought for election integrity. Donald Trump just happened to be the beneficiary of it.”

“Keep in mind 2016 when I said he was dishonest, you cannot trust a single word that he says and I have never recanted that. No question, I am displeased with Donald Trump. But that does not change the truthfulness of what I say. I challenge anybody to make the argument that you can trust the word of Donald Trump,” the conservative Republican added.

Brooks argued that the GOP has many better candidates to run for president in 2024 than Trump and singled out Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) for praise.

“We need someone who is honorable, someone who has good character, someone that the American people respect. They might disagree with, but they respect,” Brooks added. “And Ron DeSantis is a fighter for the foundational principles that have combined to make America the greatest nation in world history.”

Brilliant brilliance in all its brilliancy.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Now, tell me more about Hunter’s laptop and how he influenced Brandon as ambassador to China.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/14/politics/trump-hotel-spending-foreign-governments/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    what did the dems win?

well they kept the senate that we were told they were going to lose
    they did not lose 60 house seats and may only lose the house by a few seats, which they can pick up again in 2024.

not losing both chambers with the inflation the way it is and the division in this country is a victory in itself.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    what did the dems win?

they did not lose 60 house seats and may only lose the house by a few seats, which they can pick up again in 2024.

not losing both chambers with the inflation the way it is and the division in this country is a victory in itself.
    Yeah...history, Biden's (un)popularity, and the economy all could have spelled a much different result. I'd like to think that voters recognized that the GOP candidates (that I saw, anyway) offered almost nothing but finger-pointing, fear-mongering, and whining. But I think it was more about Roe. That and "Wokeism is ruining America" doesn't resonate like they figured.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    what did the dems win?

Yeah...history, Biden's (un)popularity, and the economy all could have spelled a much different result. I'd like to think that voters recognized that the GOP candidates (that I saw, anyway) offered almost nothing but finger-pointing, fear-mongering, and whining. But I think it was more about Roe. That and "Wokeism is ruining America" doesn't resonate like they figured.
    Another reason why GenZ votes blue....my 22 and 21 year old kids are really offended by that shit. 

This discussion has been closed.