Donald Trump

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    guys,

call me crazy, and i am probably wrong, but i think tonight is the last night of the trump presidency.

things are moving too fast and things are developing at lightning pace. some of those objecting have recanted their objections.

this feels completely different than all of the other scandals. i think some of the people in power have finally seen enough.

someone has died today. we cannot have another 14 days of the tweeting and the public statements inciting this violence.

i think we are in the endgame.
    Too many sycophants in the cabinet for the 25th to work.  That's my bet.  But I hope you're right.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    They’re letting them walk right out. 

This is fucking insanity, they should go to prison for life. 

Not a single one of them should have been able to leave the Capital without being in handcuffs. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    President's Twitter account is locked for the next 12 hours.  I mean.....wow.  That just sums up the past four years.  What an ugly end to a terrible chapter in American history.

saw nothing about locked....

CNN just announced it.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Today reminds of the crazy fucking psycho nazis during the last days of world war 2.  
    What did they do? Didn't they all fold or run off when they realised they had lost, while Hitler had some teenagers defend Berlin while he was killing his dog in a bunker.

Been a long time since I've read up on WW2... or watched Der Untergang. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Smellyman said:
    Waking up to the news in Taiwan this morning (830am thurs) and not being shocked by this at all might be the most depressing part.

This is a terrible part of American history and we all saw it coming.  (except, apparently, all the police on th capitol.)
    It's not the police's fault.  Every single officer was on duty today.  Same with the Capitol and Park police. There were just not enough.
  • mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    President's Twitter account is locked for the next 12 hours.  I mean.....wow.  That just sums up the past four years.  What an ugly end to a terrible chapter in American history.

saw nothing about locked....

It is locked untll Trump himself removes the tweets.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:
    Today reminds of the crazy fucking psycho nazis during the last days of world war 2.  
    What did they do? Didn't they all fold or run off when they realised they had lost, while Hitler had some teenagers defend Berlin while he was killing his dog in a bunker.

You had the diehards who held out even with the writing on the wall.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,221
    Smellyman said:
    Waking up to the news in Taiwan this morning (830am thurs) and not being shocked by this at all might be the most depressing part.

This is a terrible part of American history and we all saw it coming.  (except, apparently, all the police on th capitol.)
    Good morning yeah apparently they didn’t get the memo! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You had the diehards who held out even with the writing on the wall.  
    yeah from what i had read they partied their ass off. it was like "it may be our last day alive, so i am gonna get real weird with it."
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    BTW Frontline is having this awesome doc on - I think it's tomorrow night - called "A Thousand Cuts". All about this behavior in the Philippines with Duterte. High, highly recommend.
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    mcgruff10 said:
    guys,

call me crazy, and i am probably wrong, but i think tonight is the last night of the trump presidency.

things are moving too fast and things are developing at lightning pace. some of those objecting have recanted their objections.

this feels completely different than all of the other scandals. i think some of the people in power have finally seen enough.

someone has died today. we cannot have another 14 days of the tweeting and the public statements inciting this violence.

i think we are in the endgame.
    Where have you seen that they recanted their objections?
    i have the news on in the background and they announced that 2 or 3 objectors came forward and are withdrawing their objections. i was typing a post so did not catch the names.

republicans are pissed off at hawley and cruz though.
    Why should they be pissed off? They were active participants. Some went along with it and some didn’t do enough to stop it. 
    edited January 2021
    Who the heck is in charge of the white house right now? Pence?
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited January 2021
    I mean they literally OPENED THE GATES. (just watch the first 20 seconds)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX2gQsQElJY
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • mcgruff10 said:

• low energy jeb coming out swinging as hard as his low energy arm will allow

• "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

• low energy jeb coming out swinging as hard as his low energy arm will allow

• "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    I mean I kinda would like them to not seat the President by the 20th and see Pelosi take it. Holy fuck would that send them shooting to the moon. 
  • she was also the press secretary for a bit.

• maddow just reported that rand paul said that they are not going to object this evening. will see how this shit show goes.

• mcgruff10 said:
    I mean they literally OPENED THE GATES. (just watch the first 20 seconds)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX2gQsQElJY
    WOW!!!

that man needs to be fired and arrested for aiding abetting.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    I hope they treat these idiots like they were brown or black people protesting their centuries of mistreatment by our govt.
    Beat them, shoot them, show that law & order.

Where are our trump supporters here?

• PJNB said:
    mrussel1 said:
    This image will live in infamy

Videos photos show protesters inside US Capitol  ABC27

not photoshopped either. 

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    twitter needs to ban him immediately. he is talking out of both sides of his mouth. stoking anger about a stolen election then wink wink nod go home in peace.

he is incapable of doing the simplest of tasks.
    I just heard that his account has been Locked for 12 hours.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    cutz said:
    twitter needs to ban him immediately. he is talking out of both sides of his mouth. stoking anger about a stolen election then wink wink nod go home in peace.

he is incapable of doing the simplest of tasks.
    I just heard that his account has been Locked for 12 hours.
    Yes and if his videos/posts are not deleted he will remained banned. He either has to go into his account and admit he was wrong and delete them or he will be off of Twitter for ever. 
This discussion has been closed.