Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    benjs said:
    Hi! said:
    How crazy is it that Trump is meeting with Ukraine’s President today? I don’t think it should be allowed, seems like tampering with witnesses.
    You know folks, people try tampering. They say oh I’ll just smudge the truth a bit here. I say they’re not going far enough. You know, the thing is, the Democrats will tell you they’re the honest ones. I say to them, that’s great but what are you doing about the llama crisis in Indonesia? And then I said Mitch, Mitch we’ve got em. And so that’s why I bought Melania that sweater, and why it’s so crystal clear this is all FAKE NEWS! No obstruction, no collusion! 

Edit: in case it’s not clear (and sadly I realized it’s not), Trump didn’t actually say this.
    LMAO. I was about to ask you for a source of this quote. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    He likes to cheat.  He's a cheatin' SOB.  A cheater.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    He likes to cheat.  He's a cheatin' SOB.  A cheater.  
    That'll get him impeached!
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited September 2019
    They only need 5 more votes. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    njnancy said:
    The House?  I don't think Nancy moves past inquiry until she whips properly.  

The interesting one is the Senate.  No way do they get 2/3, but is it a victory if the majority votes guilty? Maybe. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

The interesting one is the Senate.  No way do they get 2/3, but is it a victory if the majority votes guilty? Maybe. 
    Those are people who have publicly stated they are willing to impeach.   She has some safe district votes in her pocket to cover the more Trumpy districts,   I'm sure. 

Pelosi had to come out for  impeachment when all the  House members from purple & red states came public with a desire to have impeachment hearings after this whistleblower incident. 

As on aside,  all these sorry ass kissing Republicans will hopefully pay a great price. 

The Senate will at least have their names recorded as standing behind this evil man.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

No it's not.  Trump fans will love Trump no matter what.  They'll call this a witch hunt as usual.  Uglier politics are coming.
  • Options
    The 213 are ranging from throw him out now to I support impeachment hearings. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    How come I don't  see the president on this list?

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

No it's not.  Trump fans will love Trump no matter what.  They'll call this a witch hunt as usual.  Uglier politics are coming.
    Uglier politics & behavior are sure to come. 

No president has ever been voted out of office,  Nixon most likely would have if he didn't quit.

Johnson & Clinton were impeached & acquitted. Clinton impeached by outraged Republicans about how he had sullied the Office of the Presidency by lying about his affair.  But they are fine with Trump.  Head explodes.   

His base will stand behind him regardless.  They wear shirts that say "You can grab my p><<y Mr. President". They pledge allegiance to Trump, not America. 

The rest of America can listen to proof & decide.  The House had to do this, if not now & Trump, when?  Might  as well toss out  the Constitution & start saying Dear Leader in earnest.
  • Options

Admitted electoral crime is still crime.  Nixon did the same thing.  Richard MF Nixon.

ring this MF up.
  • Options
    Let Mitch sink with him.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

No president has ever been voted out of office,  Nixon most likely would have if he didn't quit.

Johnson & Clinton were impeached & acquitted. Clinton impeached by outraged Republicans about how he had sullied the Office of the Presidency by lying about his affair.  But they are fine with Trump.  Head explodes.   

His base will stand behind him regardless.  They wear shirts that say "You can grab my p><<y Mr. President". They pledge allegiance to Trump, not America. 

The rest of America can listen to proof & decide.  The House had to do this, if not now & Trump, when?  Might  as well toss out  the Constitution & start saying Dear Leader in earnest.
    I suppose it's possible that it could get to where Nixon got.... If he gets scared and tired enough, Trump could perhaps resign as well I guess, if he thought that he would actually get removed from office. But only if he has reason to believe a Republican Senate would do it to him.... I will be utterly shocked if that happens. These Trump supporting Rep Senators are the scum of the Earth after all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

I suppose it's possible that it could get to where Nixon got.... If he gets scared and tired enough, Trump could perhaps resign as well I guess, if he thought that he would actually get removed from office. But only if he has reason to believe a Republican Senate would do it to him.... I will be utterly shocked if that happens. These Trump supporting Rep Senators are the scum of the Earth after all.
    Scum of the earth huh? Dehumanizing people is bad right?  Least that's what I was told. 

They are really jerky people though ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2019/09/25/trump-administration-weakened-endangered-species-act-rules-today-state-attorneys-general-sued-over-it/?wpisrc=al_news__alert-hse--alert-national&wpmk=1

The Trump administration weakened Endangered Species Act rules. Today 17 state attorneys general sued over it.

Add to list

“We’re coming out swinging,” said California Attorney General Xavier Becerra. The intent of the lawsuit is to protect the act that plants and animals depend on, he said.

A California condor soars in Zion National Park in Utah in May. (AP/AP)
    September 25 at 3:03 PM

Attorneys general in 17 states on Wednesday made good on a promise to sue the Trump administration over rule changes that substantially weakened how Endangered Species Act protections are considered and enforced.

Led by California, Maryland and Massachusetts, the coalition filed its complaint in a federal court in California. It released a statement saying the administration’s rollback of rules last month “removes current provisions that help prevent threatened species from becoming endangered or extinct.” Among them are rules that ban capturing and killing some species.

The administration’s new rules would allow it to reduce the amount of habitat set aside for wildlife and remove tools used by officials to predict future harm to species as a result of climate change. It would also allow the administration to reveal, for the first time in the law’s 45-year history, the financial costs of protecting them.

[New Trump rules weaken wildlife protections]

The changes were jointly announced in mid-August by the Interior and Commerce departments as part of President Trump’s mandate to scale back government regulations on corporations, including the oil and gas industry, that want to drill on protected land.

It followed a United Nations report that said 1 million species worldwide face extinction as a result of human activity. Wednesday’s lawsuit followed a separate report that said 3 billion birds have been lost since the 1970s.

“We’re going to try to undo what the president is proposing to do with the Endangered Species Act,” said California Attorney General Xavier Becerra (D).

Attorneys general in Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Vermont are among those who signed on to the lawsuit. Washington, D.C., and New York City are also in the coalition.

“California is home to hundreds of endangered and threatened species, and wildlife that owes its continued existence to the Endangered Species Act, including the iconic bald eagle. As we face the unprecedented threat of a climate emergency, now is the time to strengthen our planet’s biodiversity, not to destroy it," Becerra said.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
  • Options
    ^^^ Good fucking question.
  • Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/us-announces-asylum-deal-with-honduras-could-send-migrants-to-one-of-worlds-most-violent-nations/2019/09/25/cca94a86-dfb6-11e9-8fd3-d943b4ed57e0_story.html?wpisrc=al_news__alert-world--alert-national&wpmk=1

U. S. announces asylum deal with Honduras, could send migrants to one of world’s most violent nations

Add to list

Almairis Guillen and her son Miguel de Jesus Oseguera, 4, in Mexico in October 2018 as they made their way to the United States as part of a migrant caravan from Honduras. (Carolyn Van Houten/The Washington Post)
    September 25 at 3:08 PM

The Trump administration announced a migration deal Wednesday that will give U.S. immigration authorities the ability to send asylum seekers from the border to Honduras, one of the most violent and unstable nations in the world.

Department of Homeland Security officials reached the accord with the government of president Juan Orlando Hernández, who is embroiled in allegations of government corruption and charges that he and others have been operating the nation as a criminal enterprise — Hernandez has been named as a co-conspirator in a major U.S. drug trafficking case.

The deal paves the way for the United States to take asylum seekers from the U.S. border and ship them to a nation with one of the highest murder rates in the world, a country with gang wars that have fueled waves of mass migration and multiple “caravans” to the United States that became a major irritant to President Trump.

More than 250,000 Hondurans have crossed the U.S. border during the past 11 months alone, many filing protection claims that have added to the soaring number of asylum cases clogging U.S. courts.

That DHS would enter into such an accord with the Honduran government a month after its president was named by U.S. prosecutors as a co-conspirator in a drug case is a sign of the Trump administration’s eagerness to armor the U.S. immigration system against a new surge of Central Americans.

Last week, DHS Acting Secretary Kevin McAleenan signed a similar deal with El Salvador, after reaching an accord with the government of Guatemala in July. None of those pacts have been implemented, but once in place, U.S. officials say they will have the ability to redirect asylum applicants from the U.S. border to the same three countries that accounted for the vast majority of unlawful migration.

[Trump administration reaches deal to send asylum seekers to El Salvador]

McAleenan and other U.S. officials said asylum seekers should try to find refuge “as close to home” as possible, rather than embarking on the long and often dangerous trip to the United States. 

A senior DHS official who described the Honduras agreement to reporters Wednesday said that the accord would allow the United States to redirect asylum seekers to the countries through which they transit while on the way to the United States — if they failed to seek protection in those countries first.

An asylum seeker from Nicaragua or Venezuela, for example, would be asked to choose among Guatemala, Honduras or El Salvador as places to seek protection, under the scenario the senior DHS official described. 

“When a migrant arrives at the southern border, they will be provided an opportunity to seek protection in one of those three countries,” said the official, who DHS made available to reporters on the condition that he not be identified.

Immigration attorneys and rights advocates have denounced the DHS agreements as a flagrant abrogation of long-standing U.S. legal protections extended to those fleeing persecution. Trump administration officials have acknowledged that their goal is to deter migrants from using U.S. humanitarian programs as a way to avoid detention and deportation at the border.

“If you don’t have integrity in the system, if you can’t effectuate immigration results as people arrive at the border, and they’re invited to come up with a promise they’ll be released into the next country, they’re going to keep coming,” McAleenan said Wednesday on Fox News.

DHS officials say the accord signed with Honduras also will expand information-sharing and improve cooperation targeting transnational criminal organizations. Hernandez, the Honduran president, was accused by U.S. prosecutors in New York last month of conspiring with other top officials to protect cocaine traffickers, including a crime ring allegedly led by the president’s younger brother, Juan Antonio “Tony” Hernandez.

U.S. prosecutors described the president’s brother as a “a violent, multi-ton drug trafficker” after taking him into custody in Miami last year. He has pleaded not guilty to weapons and drug charges.

The charges include claims that about $1.5 million in drug money was used to finance Hernandez’s 2013 presidential campaign, paying for bribes and gifts to politicians who provided their support.

President Hernandez has denied the charges.

Asked whether the Trump administration took the pending charges into account while hashing out the migration accord with Hernandez, the senior DHS official declined to answer.

• Options
    How come I don't  see the president on this list?

Because that’s not the MacArthur “very stable genius”  list. Duh.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ikiT said:
    He's weathered everything so far, why would he think anything can touch him.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I read that Pelosi and Trump talked yesterday and he was sure she wouldn't do the  inquiry if he released the transcripts.  The cabinet argued against it but Trump was sure Nancy would play ball.  Evidently he was "incredulous" last night,  but they had already announced that the readout was coming. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I read that Pelosi and Trump talked yesterday and he was sure she wouldn't do the  inquiry if he released the transcripts.  The cabinet argued against it but Trump was sure Nancy would play ball.  Evidently he was "incredulous" last night,  but they had already announced that the readout was coming. 
    That puts a smile on my face, lol.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    My guess is that tRump thought that the absence of a direct quid pro quo in the release would distract from what is coming next.  It just creates a talking point like the "no collusion, no corruption" Mueller report release.  Not what it said but he controlled the headline with his chud.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    My guess is that tRump thought that the absence of a direct quid pro quo in the release would distract from what is coming next.  It just creates a talking point like the "no collusion, no corruption" Mueller report release.  Not what it said but he controlled the headline with his chud.
    Cannibalistic humanoid underground dweller?  CHUD?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    That puts a smile on my face, lol.
    I love everytime she beats him like a mule.  It's so awesome. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138

It is very close to quid pro quo, but to people that dont vote D, they will need more proof. Hopefully the whistleblower has it.

"We spend alot of effort on your country. We are very very good to you. We do much more than European countries, Germany does almost nothing for you.

Hey, I need a favor."

Damn that sounds like they are talking about money and favors.
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    The 213 are ranging from throw him out now to I support impeachment hearings. 
    I just read 210 so far?
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

😂

Zelensky told Trump his predecessor, President Barack Obama, “didn’t find time” to visit Ukraine. 

“Can you give me word” you will visit? He asked Trump.

Trump remained noncommittal: “Well I’m going to try,” he said, noting that he once owned the Miss Universe pageants and, “We had a winner from Ukraine.”

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

This discussion has been closed.