Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,464
    Hmmmmm...

NRA Was 'Foreign Asset' To Russia Ahead of 2016, New Senate Report Reveals

https://n.pr/2lsT0QZ
    It’s partly why so many repubs are bailing.
    Who's bailing on Trump?  I haven't heard anything of the sort?
    How many have you seen come out and defend him, other than the usual sycophants in the house? Lots of no comments or talking about the process. Actions speak louder than words right now and the only action the senate has taken was a unanimous vote to see the full whistle blower complaint. This is different. Stay tuned....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,132
    Jeff Blake says that 35 Senators would vote against tRump in a blind vote
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    F'n cowards.
  • Options
    Well if Jeff Blake says it...
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    He was correctly someone else who said that a GOP Senator told him there were 30

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    He was correctly someone else who said that a GOP Senator told him there were 30
    I think the odds are not good of a conviction right now but give it time. They voted UNANIMOUSLY to see the complaint. The public sentiment is starting to shift. Nobody is out there defending the actions of the president other than a select few. 

Feels a lot different than before...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    If those legislators leave town for two weeks or 18 days...what happens then?    They're scheduled to clock out in about 5 hours.

Did they even think about that?  

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    YO
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    If those legislators leave town for two weeks or 18 days...what happens then?    They're scheduled to clock out in about 5 hours.

Did they even think about that?  

God I hate that. Schiff says the Intelligence Committee is working through recess though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    They all know this will be part of their legacy and for those up for re-election, hung around their neck. Removal by the senate is greater than 0%. The dems only need 22 to flip and interestingly enough the same number is up for re-election. Moscow Mitchy Baby being one of them. 6 needed to regain the senate. Imagine being a part of the dem controlled hill, sending reasonable legislation to be vetoed or investigation after investigation because you know Team Trump Treason is innocent?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I think there will be more info that comes out that will change a lot of opinions.  Once they uncover those buried phone transcripts the shit will hit the fan.

• Options
    The WB alluded to the "word for word" transcript (probably digital audio) that was put on lockdown.  That's the key.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,943
    edited September 2019
    brianlux said:

Trump campaign raised $1 million in 3 hours after Pelosi impeachment announcement

Truly disturbing- not just the fact that so many  people are still behind the man, but this especially is disturbing to me:

"Trump has had incredible fundraising success, currently holding $56.7 million cash on hand, according to the latest FEC filings. So far, the president has raised more than $120 million for the 2020 election, crushing Democratic candidates in fundraising totals.  Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders, who has achieved the most fundraising success, has pulled in roughly $46.5 million so far.

Parscale said the campaign plans to raise and spend over $1 billion on the 2020 election."

i happened upon a tweet by that twit eric trump, saying "thanks democrats!" and bragging about how impeachment talk is "helping" their 2020 campaign. 
    Yep.  This whole thing could back-fire massively.

Here's Chris Hedges take:

"Impeaching Donald Trump would do nothing to halt the deep decay that has beset the American republic. It would not magically restore democratic institutions. It would not return us to the rule of law. It would not curb the predatory appetites of the big banks, the war industry and corporations. It would not get corporate money out of politics or end our system of legalized bribery. It would not halt the wholesale surveillance and monitoring of the public by the security services. It would not end the reigns of terror practiced by paramilitary police in impoverished neighborhoods or the mass incarceration of 2.3 million citizens. It would not impede ICE from hunting down the undocumented and ripping children from their arms to pen them in cages. It would not halt the extraction of fossil fuels and the looming ecocide. It would not give us a press freed from the corporate mandate to turn news into burlesque for profit. It would not end our endless and futile wars. It would not ameliorate the hatred between the nation’s warring tribes—indeed would only exacerbate these hatreds."

The efforts by the Democratic Party and much of the press, including CNN and The New York Times, to remove Trump from office, as if our problems are embodied in him, will backfire. Our social, cultural, economic and political crisis created a demagogue like Trump. These forces will grow more virulent if Trump is impeached. The longer we fail to confront and name the corporate forces responsible for the misery of over half the U.S. population and our broken democracy, the more the disease of cultism will spread. It was the seizure of power by corporations that vomited up Trump. And it will be only by freeing ourselves from corporate rule, by rebuilding our democratic institutions, including the legislative bodies, the courts and the media, that we can roll back from the abyss."

It really is time we face the fact that the problem is much bigger than Trump.  Removing one nasty little tumor- that alone will not cure the cancer.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I think the odds are not good of a conviction right now but give it time. They voted UNANIMOUSLY to see the complaint. The public sentiment is starting to shift. Nobody is out there defending the actions of the president other than a select few. 

And only 220 voted for the Inquiry...  That isn't unanimous though.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Trump campaign raised $1 million in 3 hours after Pelosi impeachment announcement

Truly disturbing- not just the fact that so many  people are still behind the man, but this especially is disturbing to me:

"Trump has had incredible fundraising success, currently holding $56.7 million cash on hand, according to the latest FEC filings. So far, the president has raised more than $120 million for the 2020 election, crushing Democratic candidates in fundraising totals.  Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders, who has achieved the most fundraising success, has pulled in roughly $46.5 million so far.

Parscale said the campaign plans to raise and spend over $1 billion on the 2020 election."

i happened upon a tweet by that twit eric trump, saying "thanks democrats!" and bragging about how impeachment talk is "helping" their 2020 campaign. 
    Yep.  This whole thing could back-fire massively.

Here's Chris Hedges take:

"Impeaching Donald Trump would do nothing to halt the deep decay that has beset the American republic. It would not magically restore democratic institutions. It would not return us to the rule of law. It would not curb the predatory appetites of the big banks, the war industry and corporations. It would not get corporate money out of politics or end our system of legalized bribery. It would not halt the wholesale surveillance and monitoring of the public by the security services. It would not end the reigns of terror practiced by paramilitary police in impoverished neighborhoods or the mass incarceration of 2.3 million citizens. It would not impede ICE from hunting down the undocumented and ripping children from their arms to pen them in cages. It would not halt the extraction of fossil fuels and the looming ecocide. It would not give us a press freed from the corporate mandate to turn news into burlesque for profit. It would not end our endless and futile wars. It would not ameliorate the hatred between the nation’s warring tribes—indeed would only exacerbate these hatreds."

The efforts by the Democratic Party and much of the press, including CNN and The New York Times, to remove Trump from office, as if our problems are embodied in him, will backfire. Our social, cultural, economic and political crisis created a demagogue like Trump. These forces will grow more virulent if Trump is impeached. The longer we fail to confront and name the corporate forces responsible for the misery of over half the U.S. population and our broken democracy, the more the disease of cultism will spread. It was the seizure of power by corporations that vomited up Trump. And it will be only by freeing ourselves from corporate rule, by rebuilding our democratic institutions, including the legislative bodies, the courts and the media, that we can roll back from the abyss."

It really is time we face the fact that the problem is much bigger than Trump.  Removing one nasty little tumor- that alone will not cure the cancer.

replace "Donald Trump" with that German fascist from the late 30s.
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,649
    edited September 2019

I agree brianlux, this could very much backfire on them, and if the last couple of years are any indicator, it probably will, but the alternative right now is to keep letting the guy break the law, and the more he gets away with, the more he tries to get away with. At some point the whole idea of checks and balances should be enforced, but considering the clown show that the democratic party has become, I don't expect many positive results here.

I think it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation at this point.

I also very much agree that Trump isn't the disease, he's just a symptom, and I think things will almost certainly get worse before they get better.

I also expect him to win again in 2020, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Options

I don’t know why you’re talking about here...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,802

I agree brianlux, this could very much backfire on them, and if the last couple of years are any indicator, it probably will, but the alternative right now is to keep letting the guy break the law, and the more he gets away with, the more he tries to get away with. At some point the whole idea of checks and balances should be enforced, but considering the clown show that the democratic party has become, I don't expect many positive results here.

I also very much agree that Trump isn't the disease, he's just a symptom, and I think things will almost certainly get worse before they get better.

There's a very big difference between this and the Russia thing.  With this one, he is using the power of American diplomacy and our tax dollars (in the form of Uke aid) to solicit a personal favor.  I don't care if this backfires or not.  There must be light shined upon it.  

And I think the Chris Hedges is worthless as a writer.  His style here is just as indendiary and counter-productive as he accuses Trump of being.  He's got all the populist buzzwords lined up in a neat little essay, and then decries the foul populism that is unleashed.  Well don't tell Biden and Pelosi to look in the mirror.  He needs to do so.  One should thank him for his helpful piece and list of practical solutions.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,090

I think he's saying that if it's not even unanimous in the D party, then that's a problem. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I think he's saying that if it's not even unanimous in the D party, then that's a problem. 
    The support for impeachment is up 7 points from just this weekend from the same Consul poll.  Public opinion is huge here.  I think the inquiry vote is good.  No worries on how that shook out.  These aren't the articles.  There will be public hearings before the final articles are drafted and voted upon.  Support is trending in the right direction, as more information is disclosed.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

There's a very big difference between this and the Russia thing.  With this one, he is using the power of American diplomacy and our tax dollars (in the form of Uke aid) to solicit a personal favor.  I don't care if this backfires or not.  There must be light shined upon it.  

And I think the Chris Hedges is worthless as a writer.  His style here is just as indendiary and counter-productive as he accuses Trump of being.  He's got all the populist buzzwords lined up in a neat little essay, and then decries the foul populism that is unleashed.  Well don't tell Biden and Pelosi to look in the mirror.  He needs to do so.  One should thank him for his helpful piece and list of practical solutions.  

I think there's more to be lost through inaction at this point, I was just acknowledging that things are so ass backwards right now, it could most certainly blow up on the dems.

I don't disagree that the light should be shone on this, I just don't have faith in our institutions to get this right, nor do I have faith in my fellow American's to look at this critically enough to realize the situation for what it is.

Everyone's too preoccupied with getting what they want, and owning the opposition to think clearly about what's best for the country moving forward.

• Options

A new Hill-HarrisX survey on Friday found support for impeachment proceedings against President Trump has risen 12 points compared to a similar poll conducted three months ago.

The survey was conducted on Sept. 26-27, just days after House Democrats started a formal impeachment inquiry over a whistleblower complaint involving Trump’s communications with Ukraine.

The poll showed 47 percent of respondents support that decision, up 12 points from a similar survey in June, which asked whether Democrats should begin impeachment proceedings.

Meanwhile, opposition to impeachment dipped 3 points to 42 percent, while 11 percent of those polled in the new survey said they weren't sure or didn't know. 

Support for impeachment grew among Democratic, Republican and independent voters alike. Democratic support jumped from 59 percent to 78 percent, a 19-point increase. The number of Republicans backing impeachment jumped 5 points to 18 percent.

The number of independents back impeachment doubled to 41 percent.

• Options
    people hate that asshole.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

The support for impeachment is up 7 points from just this weekend from the same Consul poll.  Public opinion is huge here.  I think the inquiry vote is good.  No worries on how that shook out.  These aren't the articles.  There will be public hearings before the final articles are drafted and voted upon.  Support is trending in the right direction, as more information is disclosed.  
    Yeah....it's not like they voted on anything yet. This is the beginning of the process. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Will these be the reasons for the obfuscation, stonewalling and ignoring of subpoenas?

“There was no collusion.”
    “I have nothing to hide.”
    “I don’t know any Russians.”
    “I’ll sit down and talk with anyone.”
    “We do everything by the book.”
    “Only the guilty plea the fifth.”
    “Very legal, very cool.”
    “Fully exonerated.”
    “Essentially no obstruction.”
    “Very friendly and totally appropriate.”

Follow the money from Russia with love and a PTape all the way to impeachment.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I’m beginning to think Putin on the ritz has a PTape of Ghouliani as well.

https://apple.news/AiXtY5LnNT0y0IkOWvbsyng

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Quite the quadfecta, dontcha think?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    mrussel1 said:

A new Hill-HarrisX survey on Friday found support for impeachment proceedings against President Trump has risen 12 points compared to a similar poll conducted three months ago.

The survey was conducted on Sept. 26-27, just days after House Democrats started a formal impeachment inquiry over a whistleblower complaint involving Trump’s communications with Ukraine.

The poll showed 47 percent of respondents support that decision, up 12 points from a similar survey in June, which asked whether Democrats should begin impeachment proceedings.

Meanwhile, opposition to impeachment dipped 3 points to 42 percent, while 11 percent of those polled in the new survey said they weren't sure or didn't know. 

Support for impeachment grew among Democratic, Republican and independent voters alike. Democratic support jumped from 59 percent to 78 percent, a 19-point increase. The number of Republicans backing impeachment jumped 5 points to 18 percent.

The number of independents back impeachment doubled to 41 percent.

You beat me to it, busy afternoon at the office. I didnt see this poll until now.

The +12 overall and independents doubling to 41% is telling.

There are stark differences between Mueller and Ukraine. Dems can say look at Trumps own summary of the call. He is guilty of extortion and circumventing taxpayer money.

With Mueller involved they had to be very careful not to step on the toes of the special counsel.

Now without one, they can control the investigation and speak very aggressively negative about trump. Like if another shoe drops with more evidence, start publicly pressuring him to resign. Unless the evidence is exculpatory ;)
This discussion has been closed.