Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,209
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would qualify "voting for Donald Trump" as a sign of being mentally ill.
    That's possible. Liking Load better than Kill 'Em All and Justice For All is right up there too though. 
    This cannot be a real thing.  They've done nothing worthy since Justice.  
    Nothing more expected and tired than the "only the 80s output count" crowd.

Trump would say something similiar. "They really lost their edge after Justice. Believe me. Sad. James took singing lessons. I have never taken singing lessons. believe me. Supersad. Ivanka would be the best groupie. Would say no to Lars. Only yes to James. maybe Jason. And me."

https://youtu.be/qT4qX9UPJ3c
    Metallica became a bunch of corporatist, jingoist ballad writers after Justice.  They left behind every principle that made them who they were for the first five albums (I'm including Garage).  They fucking suck.  Fuck them.  They were even dickheads at CC's tribute show.  And your comment is even dumber because I hate the fucking 80's more than I hate Metallica.  
    You didn't understand my comment it seems. Which would make your comment dumber than mine though.

the "too cool for a ballad" people... I tell ya
    If I can't decipher your comment, it's not on me.  
    Narrator: It actually was

Seems obvious this was a lame dig.  People who grew up with Metallica and were around, and got to see them with Cliff (I saw them open for Ozzy), generally write off their "sell out" years when they went all "Slippery When Wet".  And then they decided to go after Napster.  And made fun of Layne because of his addictions.  And now they decide to sell tickets directly to scalpers because they don't think they're pricing them high enough.  88K tickets.   Like I said.. bunch of assholes.  Maybe they've always been that way (probably), but for those of us that pay attention, it became obvious in 91.  
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2019/07/19/live-nation-scalper-metallica-recorded/
    Why are you arguing me like I'm some big Metallica fan...

You expect me to defend them working with scalper or something?

Have you even been at Cliffs  memory stone at the scene of the crash if you are such a gigantic fan who saw them when they mattered?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That's possible. Liking Load better than Kill 'Em All and Justice For All is right up there too though. 

Trump would say something similiar. "They really lost their edge after Justice. Believe me. Sad. James took singing lessons. I have never taken singing lessons. believe me. Supersad. Ivanka would be the best groupie. Would say no to Lars. Only yes to James. maybe Jason. And me."

Metallica became a bunch of corporatist, jingoist ballad writers after Justice.  They left behind every principle that made them who they were for the first five albums (I'm including Garage).  They fucking suck.  Fuck them.  They were even dickheads at CC's tribute show.  And your comment is even dumber because I hate the fucking 80's more than I hate Metallica.  
    You didn't understand my comment it seems. Which would make your comment dumber than mine though.

Seems obvious this was a lame dig.  People who grew up with Metallica and were around, and got to see them with Cliff (I saw them open for Ozzy), generally write off their "sell out" years when they went all "Slippery When Wet".  And then they decided to go after Napster.  And made fun of Layne because of his addictions.  And now they decide to sell tickets directly to scalpers because they don't think they're pricing them high enough.  88K tickets.   Like I said.. bunch of assholes.  Maybe they've always been that way (probably), but for those of us that pay attention, it became obvious in 91.  
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2019/07/19/live-nation-scalper-metallica-recorded/

Have you even been at Cliffs  memory stone at the scene of the crash if you are such a gigantic fan who saw them when they mattered?
    I made a comment that they've done nothing since Justice, and then you started being you with comments.  
    Um, no.  I just said I hated those fuckers.  Why would I pilgrimage to Europe to go see a stone?  
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    Okay then. Rule out IED since it doesn't fit the criteria. But I still think that people that carry out these shootings are mentally ill. Even if the DSM doesn't have a specific diagnosis. A generic diagnosis of "fucking crazy" will do. 
    “Angry racists” does just fine for me. I philosophically object to medicalizing racism. That’s one step closer to the “he couldn’t help it” argument. 

Could make it “angry male racists” for further clarity” but that tends to ruffle feathers. 
    But how many of these mass shootings are racially motivated? I know the one in El Paso appears to very much be. But with most of the others, it doesn't seem like the shooter had much more intention than to kill whoever they can kill. 
    You’re right, I don’t think all are racially motivated, though many are. The shooting at the black church was racially motivated. The shooting at the synagogue was anti-Semitic, so a similar motivation. That one night club shooting seemed to be targeting the LGBTQ community; not a race, but an identifiable and vulnerable community.

Hatred of “the other”. 
    Yeah these are good examples. Especially the first two. The Orlando nightclub one though I'm not sure. The shooter had sworn allegiance to ISIS (like a fucking loser), said his motive was to avenge some U.S. airstrikes on ISIS camps, and (according to court records), googled "downtown Orlando nightclubs" and seemingly picked one at random. I say "seemingly" because there's no way to be sure, and like you said, it is a vulnerable community that someone like this may target over another. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I made a comment that they've done nothing since Justice, and then you started being you with comments.  
    Um, no.  I just said I hated those fuckers.  Why would I pilgrimage to Europe to go see a stone?  
    Someone who saw them open for Ozzy with Cliff would do the pilgrimage.
    Post edited by Kat on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    mrussel1 said:

This is just part of his act. If you say something that leans right politically, you didn't come up with it yourself, you're parroting something you saw on Fox News. If you don't like Metallica's albums from the 90's, you didn't come up with that opinion yourself, you're parroting the "only the 80's output count" crowd. And so on and so forth...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    That's actually funny. Fuck both of them.  Douches.  
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:

This is just part of his act. If you say something that leans right politically, you didn't come up with it yourself, you're parroting something you saw on Fox News. If you don't like Metallica's albums from the 90's, you didn't come up with that opinion yourself, you're parroting the "only the 80's output count" crowd. And so on and so forth...
    You can't fathom how many times I heard that exact comment on the "Metallica pre-party" before this summer's show. 

And you can't understand how fun it was to bring up Load.

"So you don't like when they started painting themselves with makeup? It was kind of cute I thought"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,027
    ikiT said:
    August 5, 2019

WE MUST REFORM OUR MENTAL HEALTH LAWS TO BETTER IDENTIFY MENTALLY DISTURBED INDIVIDUALS WHO MAY COMMIT ACTS OF VIOLENCE AND MAKE SURE THOSE PEOPLE NOT ONLY GET TREATMENT BUT, WHEN NECESSARY, INVOLUNTARY CONFINEMENT. MENTAL ILLNESS AND HATRED PULLS THE... 
    So he does want to round them up.

TY.
    Involuntary commitment of mentally ill and dangerous individuals happens everyday. That’s different than rounding up any and all mentally ill folks like the Nazis did. I don’t think Trump meant that. But ya never know. If anyone would scapegoat harmless mentally ill folks for political reasons, I guess he’d be the guy. 
    If your city was inundated with them you might feel different about that.  Just sayin'.
    Not sure what you just sayin' here. If my city was inundated with what? Mentally ill individuals? If so, when I say "harmless mentally ill folks," I'm talking specially about people that have mental health disorders (autism, etc) but aren't threats to ever shoot a gun. Not the ones that are so dangerous that an involuntary commitment is needed for. 
    Got it.  When I think of mentally ill I don't think of autistic people but people with serious mental conditions, schizophrenia, bipolar.  The ones I see roaming the streets and yelling at the passing cars.
    I hear ya, and I think those are the type of people that Trump is talking about. But when the other poster spoke of "rounding up" people, it harkened back (for me anyway) to the Nazis who rounded up mentally and physically disabled people with no reason for it other than they were on Hitler's list of imperfect people. 

Now I wouldn't be in favor of just imprisoning every goof you see in the streets yelling at the clouds. But sometimes involuntary commitments are necessary. More often than not, they're done as way to curtail self-harm. And I think (or at least hope), this is what Trump is trying to say. That if someone makes a threat of suicide, and they could be involuntary committed for their own safety, then if someone makes a serious threat to others (like the "kill list" that the Ohio shooter), maybe they should be committed for the safety of others.
    I'm pretty sure China still rounds these people up too.

I can't imagine living in a world where someone could pick up the phone and say that I am mentally unstable and then I get a knock on the door and take me away.

To me THAT is Nazis Germany type shit.  1984 type shit.

Not for me please.  The government will mess that good intention up really good.
    Agreed. The best course of action is to take REAL action when there are warning signs. I keep bringing it up like a broken record, but for a high schooler to have a kill list and a rape list, that school officials knew about (and suspended him)….I just don't know how the hell that person can be able to legally buy a gun. There has to be a way for that sort of information to find it's way onto that kid's background check. This is what Trump should be pushing rather than unrealistic rhetoric about confining mentally ill people. Not everyone with a mental health disorder is a threat, and many people that have never been diagnosed are. 
    juvenile protections.  theres magic that happens at 18. its as if you live 2 lives.  pre 18 doesnt follow you for all your life.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mickeyrat said:
    ikiT said:
    August 5, 2019

WE MUST REFORM OUR MENTAL HEALTH LAWS TO BETTER IDENTIFY MENTALLY DISTURBED INDIVIDUALS WHO MAY COMMIT ACTS OF VIOLENCE AND MAKE SURE THOSE PEOPLE NOT ONLY GET TREATMENT BUT, WHEN NECESSARY, INVOLUNTARY CONFINEMENT. MENTAL ILLNESS AND HATRED PULLS THE... 
    So he does want to round them up.

TY.
    Involuntary commitment of mentally ill and dangerous individuals happens everyday. That’s different than rounding up any and all mentally ill folks like the Nazis did. I don’t think Trump meant that. But ya never know. If anyone would scapegoat harmless mentally ill folks for political reasons, I guess he’d be the guy. 
    If your city was inundated with them you might feel different about that.  Just sayin'.
    Not sure what you just sayin' here. If my city was inundated with what? Mentally ill individuals? If so, when I say "harmless mentally ill folks," I'm talking specially about people that have mental health disorders (autism, etc) but aren't threats to ever shoot a gun. Not the ones that are so dangerous that an involuntary commitment is needed for. 
    Got it.  When I think of mentally ill I don't think of autistic people but people with serious mental conditions, schizophrenia, bipolar.  The ones I see roaming the streets and yelling at the passing cars.
    I hear ya, and I think those are the type of people that Trump is talking about. But when the other poster spoke of "rounding up" people, it harkened back (for me anyway) to the Nazis who rounded up mentally and physically disabled people with no reason for it other than they were on Hitler's list of imperfect people. 

Now I wouldn't be in favor of just imprisoning every goof you see in the streets yelling at the clouds. But sometimes involuntary commitments are necessary. More often than not, they're done as way to curtail self-harm. And I think (or at least hope), this is what Trump is trying to say. That if someone makes a threat of suicide, and they could be involuntary committed for their own safety, then if someone makes a serious threat to others (like the "kill list" that the Ohio shooter), maybe they should be committed for the safety of others.
    I'm pretty sure China still rounds these people up too.

I can't imagine living in a world where someone could pick up the phone and say that I am mentally unstable and then I get a knock on the door and take me away.

To me THAT is Nazis Germany type shit.  1984 type shit.

Not for me please.  The government will mess that good intention up really good.
    Agreed. The best course of action is to take REAL action when there are warning signs. I keep bringing it up like a broken record, but for a high schooler to have a kill list and a rape list, that school officials knew about (and suspended him)….I just don't know how the hell that person can be able to legally buy a gun. There has to be a way for that sort of information to find it's way onto that kid's background check. This is what Trump should be pushing rather than unrealistic rhetoric about confining mentally ill people. Not everyone with a mental health disorder is a threat, and many people that have never been diagnosed are. 
    juvenile protections.  theres magic that happens at 18. its as if you live 2 lives.  pre 18 doesnt follow you for all your life.
    nothing does if you stay outta trouble.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,717
    From November 12, 2018. Hard to say we weren’t warned.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1748521002
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,943
    mrussel1 said:

You can't fathom how many times I heard that exact comment on the "Metallica pre-party" before this summer's show. 

"So you don't like when they started painting themselves with makeup? It was kind of cute I thought"
    You should feel very proud for knowingly bringing conversations that people don't want to have to two different fanbases.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:

You should feel very proud for knowingly bringing conversations that people don't want to have to two different fanbases.
    Be proud that I'm at least not defending beating up children in one, two, or three different fanbases.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    (as I would imagine Donald Trump, and some others, would)

• Options

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,022
    It's interesting that he would suggest Bush should have (or could have) attacked Obama.  For what?  Lax gun laws?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Taking his cues from Fox and Friends again.
    Pathetic.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    It's interesting that he would suggest Bush should have (or could have) attacked Obama.  For what?  Lax gun laws?
    I find the friendship between teh Obamas and the Bushes very refreshing and gives me hope for humanity.  
  • Options
    Protest is an American right and if it's strong enough, it makes a difference.

Takin' It to the Streets
    The Doobie Brothers

You don't know me but I'm your brother
    I was raised here in this living hell
    You don't know my kind in your world
    Fairly soon the time will tell
    You
    Telling me the things you're gonna do for me
    I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see
    (takin' it to the streets)
    Takin' it to the streets
    No more need for running
    Oh, na, na
    Take this message to my brother
    You will find him everywhere
    Wherever people live together
    Tied in poverty's despair
    Oh, you
    Takin' it to the streets
    No more need for running
    Oh, yeah
    (takin' it…
  • Options
    And another one bites the dust. Run away, run away!

https://apple.news/AuY9FJfBqR82mjB-YLGEDVw
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Protest is an American right and if it's strong enough, it makes a difference.

Takin' It to the Streets
    The Doobie Brothers

You don't know me but I'm your brother
    I was raised here in this living hell
    You don't know my kind in your world
    Fairly soon the time will tell
    You
    Takin' it to the streets
    No more need for running
    Oh, na, na
    Take this message to my brother
    You will find him everywhere
    Wherever people live together
    Tied in poverty's despair
    Oh, you
    Takin' it to the streets
    No more need for running
    Oh, yeah
    (takin' it…
    Nice! I'm seeing The Doobies open for Santana tonight. I'm a casual Doobies fan, and never really paid attention to the lyrics. I'll definitely be rockin' out a little harder during this song tonight.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,022
    rgambs said:
    Taking his cues from Fox and Friends again.
    Pathetic.
    yeah he was basically live tweeting F&F
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I thought states' rights were important?

Trump And RNC Sue California Over New Tax Return Law
    The law would require Trump to release his tax returns in order to appear on the state’s primary ballot next year.

President Donald Trump and his campaign and the Republican National Committee filed a pair of lawsuits on Tuesday challenging a new California law that requires all presidential and gubernatorial candidates to publicly release their tax returns in order to appear on the state’s primary ballot.

The action comes about a week after California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) signed that law aimed at Trump, who has famously refused to release his tax returns. Newsom, California Secretary of State Alex Padilla and California Attorney General Xavier Becerra are named as defendants in the lawsuits.

cont'd at https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-sues-tax-return-law-california_n_5d49b5bce4b0244052e22927
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,136
    Kat said:
    I thought states' rights were important?

Trump And RNC Sue California Over New Tax Return Law
    The law would require Trump to release his tax returns in order to appear on the state’s primary ballot next year.

President Donald Trump and his campaign and the Republican National Committee filed a pair of lawsuits on Tuesday challenging a new California law that requires all presidential and gubernatorial candidates to publicly release their tax returns in order to appear on the state’s primary ballot.

The action comes about a week after California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) signed that law aimed at Trump, who has famously refused to release his tax returns. Newsom, California Secretary of State Alex Padilla and California Attorney General Xavier Becerra are named as defendants in the lawsuits.

cont'd at https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-sues-tax-return-law-california_n_5d49b5bce4b0244052e22927
    It's ugly politics.

Trump won't win Cali anyways so why would he care?

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I should have bolded this part. "California law that requires all presidential and gubernatorial candidates to publicly release their tax returns in order to appear on the state’s primary ballot."
    No one is being singled-out with this law and I'd like to have it be a federal law so it covers the nation. It can only help to protect us going forward from future problems with a compromised candidate...who may win and have power over us.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    Kat said:
    I should have bolded this part. "California law that requires all presidential and gubernatorial candidates to publicly release their tax returns in order to appear on the state’s primary ballot."
    No one is being singled-out with this law and I'd like to have it be a federal law so it covers the nation. It can only help to protect us going forward from future problems with a compromised candidate...who may win and have power over us.
    Can I get an AMEN? ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,027
    Kat said:
    given the Precedents response its sad and a little disturbing he believes himself to be "any of our leaders" .

delusional.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    There’s no racism, Team Trump Treason said he’s the least racist person on the planet.

https://apple.news/AAv3S7NCUT7yb4JZFTChXNg

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.