Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:
    jokes with the first responders and their families that the stage may not hold all of them but that if it collapses they "are not falling very far"
    This is quite insensitive.
    Why is this insensitive?  I'm just not seeing how?
    Aren't you the same person who didn't find Trump's twitter comments racist? I'm curious if you still feel the same way after the Cummings and Sharpton tweets?

Forgive me if I'm confusing you with someone else.
    jokes with the first responders and their families that the stage may not hold all of them but that if it collapses they "are not falling very far"
    “Wouldn’t have far to go.”
    mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke
    I read it as the fall from the stage wasn't far.  Not seeing this any other way to interpret it.

If you think it means something else then let me know.

@dignin I am not aware of Sharpton and cummings tweets or what they even involve, sorry.  I don't recall defending a Trump tweet as not racist so I believe you have me confused w someone else.
    making a joke about the structure collapsing to a group of people who's family died in structures collapsing is in extremely poor taste. and it really is his brand of sense of humour. it's sick and depraved. 
    Got it.  Didn't take it that way at all considering the people he was addressing were what the bill was for and they are all still alive.

That is why I don't see it the way a few of you do.
    You are not seeing things clearly.
    Sorry, I just don't get the stretch.

It's a 9/11 joke that is insensitive to people who lost their lives that day?

He is speaking to the people whom the bill was signed for and the joke was about the stage falling 2 feet because of the amount of people there.

Reaching for anything else is just silly.  This is when I defend Trump, when something like this gets blown out of proportion.

Not getting the outrage...
    The bill provides help to those alive and the families of victims. 
    Don't bother, he's clearly wearing a heavy blindfold.
    I answered above.  

Adding to this.  I explained my point and I don't see it, I just don't.  Anything Trump says though people just pile on and add their own parts to it.

Maybe he just made a joke about what was going on at that time?  You really think he poked fun at the situation and the thousands of people whom died?

there is some definite truth to this, but what I've tried to do is like I stated above, put it to the bipartisan test. if it wouldn't bother me coming from obama or some other politician I don't hate, then I leave well enough alone and move on. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065

I answered above.  

Adding to this.  I explained my point and I don't see it, I just don't.  Anything Trump says though people just pile on and add their own parts to it.

Maybe he just made a joke about what was going on at that time?  You really think he poked fun at the situation and the thousands of people whom died?

there is some definite truth to this, but what I've tried to do is like I stated above, put it to the bipartisan test. if it wouldn't bother me coming from obama or some other politician I don't hate, then I leave well enough alone and move on. 
    I live here in NY.

If the people of NY thought it was insensitive then the papers would have roasted him.  They did not.  They praised him for a change.

He actually signed a bill that pretty much EVERYONE agrees with and that part got taken away.

New Yorkers would be the first to be pissed and have that right but I'm not seeing it.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:
    Aren't you the same person who didn't find Trump's twitter comments racist? I'm curious if you still feel the same way after the Cummings and Sharpton tweets?

@dignin I am not aware of Sharpton and cummings tweets or what they even involve, sorry.  I don't recall defending a Trump tweet as not racist so I believe you have me confused w someone else.
    I'm guessing that was a reference to the "dark underbelly" tweet discussed in the AOC thread a couple of weeks ago, when he attacked the 4 progressive Congresswomen prior to his latest attacks on Cummings and Sharpton. Many, including me, found his words and tone racist. You took the position that we were really stretching. Given context, I disagreed as his pattern of racism is well documented.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    dignin said:

I'm guessing that was a reference to the "dark underbelly" tweet discussed in the AOC thread a couple of weeks ago, when he attacked the 4 progressive Congresswomen prior to his latest attacks on Cummings and Sharpton. Many, including me, found his words and tone racist. You took the position that we were really stretching. Given context, I disagreed as his pattern of racism is well documented.
    Yes the "dark underbelly" I saw as a stretch too.

Look if you don't like him you can find anything to jump on him about.  He just signed a bill that everyone agrees with but people found something to not like about it and made it about him.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    Explain it to me again that both sides are the same. Why isn’t Team Trump Treason calling out Kentucky and Randy Paul and MoscowMitchy Baby? What could it be? I know it’s something but I’m just not sure what? Hmmmmmm?

https://apple.news/Ampcu3-zUSNS4UT6djYyT_A

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,313
    Well to be in the presence of 1st responder families and have him say “ that he was there with them down in ground zero “ when in fact there’s no proof of him being there at all is totally inappropriate ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

If the people of NY thought it was insensitive then the papers would have roasted him.  They did not.  They praised him for a change.

He actually signed a bill that pretty much EVERYONE agrees with and that part got taken away.

New Yorkers would be the first to be pissed and have that right but I'm not seeing it.
    fair enough. I don't know if he was trying to be funny in the context of 9/11, but I could definitely see it. but basically what we are arguing here is that either he is insensitive or an idiot. 

honestly, depending on the day, it's one or the other, and often times both. 

but I think we can all agree that yes, that bill is something that needed to be done. congrats to john stewart into shaming the turtle and his minions. 

what I am getting tired of though is the criticism of the left and the media on things like this. we've all seen the utter hypocrisy of how fox news especially takes directly opposing viewpoints depending on who holds them.  imagine, just imagine what the right wing media would have said if obama had said this. just imagine.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Explain it to me again that both sides are the same. Why isn’t Team Trump Treason calling out Kentucky and Randy Paul and MoscowMitchy Baby? What could it be? I know it’s something but I’m just not sure what? Hmmmmmm?

https://apple.news/Ampcu3-zUSNS4UT6djYyT_A
    They're republicans so he likes them. Cummings and Omar are democrats, so he doesn't like them.

I'm kidding of course. He's a NAZI that hates colored people! 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke
    I read it as the fall from the stage wasn't far.  Not seeing this any other way to interpret it.

If you think it means something else then let me know.

making a joke about the structure collapsing to a group of people who's family died in structures collapsing is in extremely poor taste. and it really is his brand of sense of humour. it's sick and depraved. 
    Got it.  Didn't take it that way at all considering the people he was addressing were what the bill was for and they are all still alive.

That is why I don't see it the way a few of you do.
    You are not seeing things clearly.
    Sorry, I just don't get the stretch.

It's a 9/11 joke that is insensitive to people who lost their lives that day?

He is speaking to the people whom the bill was signed for and the joke was about the stage falling 2 feet because of the amount of people there.

Reaching for anything else is just silly.  This is when I defend Trump, when something like this gets blown out of proportion.

Not getting the outrage...

he's a classless douche.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    someone should challenge him to a fistfight
  • Options

President Trump Habitually Attacks Women Journalists of Color | NowThis

https://youtu.be/W_wSaf1d3Lg

THE FUCKING WORST
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

Dude. What choice did he have? None. Zero. Can you imagine him not signing it after all the struggle it took to get the republicans in the senate to support it?

Giving him credit for signing this is like giving him credit for breathing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

Dude. What choice did he have? None. Zero. Can you imagine him not signing it after all the struggle it took to get the republicans in the senate to support it?

consider this, not one word in support to get it passed.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    mickeyrat said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

Which is so fucking strange and further proof of how stupid he is. Or at least how senile he's becoming. It was an issue everyone was behind, and he actually had a reason to champion it as a Manhattan resident. It was teed up for him, and he shanked it into the woods. He'll still mark a 4 on his scorecard though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    mickeyrat said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

Which is so fucking strange and further proof of how stupid he is. Or at least how senile he's becoming. It was an issue everyone was behind, and he actually had a reason to champion it as a Manhattan resident. It was teed up for him, and he shanked it into the woods. He'll still mark a 4 on his scorecard though. 
    Sure, if it’s a par 5.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    mickeyrat said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

Sure, if it’s a par 5.
    Fuck that. He's putting down a 3. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

100% agree
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mickeyrat said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

Sure, if it’s a par 5.
    This shit was funny by all. Nice.  
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    mickeyrat said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

Sure, if it’s a par 5.
    He shoots an 18.  Every time.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

Sure, if it’s a par 5.
    He shoots an 18.  Every time.
    dribbles off the tee. kinda like PE.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited July 2019
    It can be argued all day about his “joke” about the stage collapsing. 

To take false valor and say that you were at ground zero is just fucking repulsive. Show us proof or shut the fuck up. 

Anyone who still supports this war hero bashing racist fuckwad truly needs to re-examine their priorities in life. Be a republican or Democrat or whatever you want but supporting this douche fuck is just an abomination to the whole system that America was built on. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    https://apple.news/ARTg69wkTQQi5VTDrjBDwnQ
    Funny I work with a large number of African Americans and they all hate him and they state they’re not voting for him at all no matter what douche Kayne says or does with him !
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    Well to be in the presence of 1st responder families and have him say “ that he was there with them down in ground zero “ when in fact there’s no proof of him being there at all is totally inappropriate ! 
    But he was there....

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    But he was there....

=)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    But he was there....

lol yeah ask the people of Puerto Rico he will never set foot on that island again and if he did they would protest just like they did to get the Racist governor to resign ! I know you know this too we are on the same page .

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    ikiT said:
    ...AND NOW IT'S THE TALLEST

He could not help himself could he?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    But he was there....

HAHA!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    President Trump will be ineligible for California's primary ballot next year unless he discloses his tax returns under a state law that immediately took effect Tuesday, an unprecedented mandate that is almost certain to spark a high-profile court fight and might encourage other states to adopt their own unconventional rules for presidential candidates.

The law, signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom on his final day to take action and passed on a strict party-line vote in the Legislature, requires all presidential candidates to submit five years of income tax filings. They must do so by late November in order to secure a spot on California's presidential primary ballot in March. State elections officials will post the financial documents online, although certain private information must first be redacted.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-07-30/trump-tax-returns-california-ballot-gavin-newsom-law
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

It is a good Bushleaguer moment but the guy actually did something for the good and he still got shit on.

I saw the right doing this w Obama, the left w Bush and now the current president.  Politics and peoples views on things have just gotten ugly.

An opposing view can be bashed and viewed any way that you can see fit now.  It's "birds of a feather" politics.  Bi partisanship is dead.
This discussion has been closed.