Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    Weird how he's recycling that lie, when it's been disproven repeatedly in the past. I guess it's just his MO - if you say something enough times, stupid people will believe it.
    We considered ground zero loosely that it was the financial district.  Is he trying to use that or is he seriously thinking he was where the towers were?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    jokes with the first responders and their families that the stage may not hold all of them but that if it collapses they "are not falling very far"
    This is quite insensitive.
    Why is this insensitive?  I'm just not seeing how?
    Aren't you the same person who didn't find Trump's twitter comments racist? I'm curious if you still feel the same way after the Cummings and Sharpton tweets?

Forgive me if I'm confusing you with someone else.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    Weird how he's recycling that lie, when it's been disproven repeatedly in the past. I guess it's just his MO - if you say something enough times, stupid people will believe it.
    We considered ground zero loosely that it was the financial district.  Is he trying to use that or is he seriously thinking he was where the towers were?
    vague and ambiguous. gives deniability. its his mo....

"I meant I was there with you in spirit. thats what I said. the rest is fake news"

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    jokes with the first responders and their families that the stage may not hold all of them but that if it collapses they "are not falling very far"
    “Wouldn’t have far to go.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    9/11 joke
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    He's an edgy comic. The George Carlin of our time. 

Don't see why it should be such a big deal.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Aren't you the same person who didn't find Trump's twitter comments racist? I'm curious if you still feel the same way after the Cummings and Sharpton tweets?

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke
    I read it as the fall from the stage wasn't far.  Not seeing this any other way to interpret it.

If you think it means something else then let me know.

@dignin I am not aware of Sharpton and cummings tweets or what they even involve, sorry.  I don't recall defending a Trump tweet as not racist so I believe you have me confused w someone else.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    mickeyrat said:

"I meant I was there with you in spirit. thats what I said. the rest is fake news"

didn't he actually previously claim he was helping remove the rubble?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

probable. theres a compilation of false and later debunked claims of his related to the event floating somewhere out there. A link I posted above has some of them....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

probable. theres a compilation of false and later debunked claims of his related to the event floating somewhere out there. A link I posted above has some of them....
    Here's some of Trump's 9/11 lies but the article is from 2016 so there's probably (surly) been more since...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/11/donald-trump-9-11-comments-since-2001
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke
    I read it as the fall from the stage wasn't far.  Not seeing this any other way to interpret it.

@dignin I am not aware of Sharpton and cummings tweets or what they even involve, sorry.  I don't recall defending a Trump tweet as not racist so I believe you have me confused w someone else.
    making a joke about the structure collapsing to a group of people who's family died in structures collapsing is in extremely poor taste. and it really is his brand of sense of humour. it's sick and depraved. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke

making a joke about the structure collapsing to a group of people who's family died in structures collapsing is in extremely poor taste. and it really is his brand of sense of humour. it's sick and depraved. 
    Got it.  Didn't take it that way at all considering the people he was addressing were what the bill was for and they are all still alive.

That is why I don't see it the way a few of you do.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    The worst of his 9/11 lies is saying he lost "hundreds of friends" when there's zero proof of this and zero evidence of him attending even one funeral.

Donald Trump is a piece of garbage. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    ...AND NOW IT'S THE TALLEST

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke

Got it.  Didn't take it that way at all considering the people he was addressing were what the bill was for and they are all still alive.

You are not seeing things clearly.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke

Honestly I imagine some people making that joke without thinking and feeling bad about it once they realized. But with trump he doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt here. He thinks whatever he says is 100% ok and people are just too sensitive.  Cause he thinks about people what he knows about himself. He’s an insecure, sensitive snowflake.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke

Honestly I imagine some people making that joke without thinking and feeling bad about it once they realized. But with trump he doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt here. He thinks whatever he says is 100% ok and people are just too sensitive.  Cause he thinks about people what he knows about himself. He’s an insecure, sensitive snowflake.

that which he painfully lacks self awareness of......

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    I don't see how he could mess up something so simple. Just sign the bill and shut up. So dumb...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I don't see how he could mess up something so simple. Just sign the bill and shut up. So dumb...
    The craziest thing is that he does it nearly every time he tries to honor someone!
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    The craziest thing is that he does it nearly every time he tries to honor someone!
    because it then becomes about him. narcissism on steroids

• Options
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke

Sorry, I just don't get the stretch.

It's a 9/11 joke that is insensitive to people who lost their lives that day?

He is speaking to the people whom the bill was signed for and the joke was about the stage falling 2 feet because of the amount of people there.

Reaching for anything else is just silly.  This is when I defend Trump, when something like this gets blown out of proportion.

Not getting the outrage...
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke

in the beginning, I never gave him the benefit of the doubt. Nowadays, before I get angry at something he says, I put it through the Obama test: would I have the same reaction had he said it? In this case, the answer is yes.

he has zero class and zero empathy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke

He is speaking to the people whom the bill was signed for and the joke was about the stage falling 2 feet because of the amount of people there.

Reaching for anything else is just silly.  This is when I defend Trump, when something like this gets blown out of proportion.

The bill provides help to those alive and the families of victims. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke

I actually can't get a clear answer if it helps the deceased families or not.  I can't make out if families of the deceased can access this.

It still has no baring on my original statement. Still feels like a stretch. 

Has anyone asked in the audience that attended if they thought it was a bad joke?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke

Don't bother, he's clearly wearing a heavy blindfold.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:

mrussel1 said:
    9/11 joke

Don't bother, he's clearly wearing a heavy blindfold.
    I answered above.  

Adding to this.  I explained my point and I don't see it, I just don't.  Anything Trump says though people just pile on and add their own parts to it.

Maybe he just made a joke about what was going on at that time?  You really think he poked fun at the situation and the thousands of people whom died?

Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    @mrussel1 found the answer to my own questions.
    https://www.vcf.gov/faq.html

Now I know.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    He said "collapses." The towers collapsed.  I'd say it was an obvious reference to that day.  At best, a ham-handed joke that he doesn't have the sense to understand makes light of the worst day of a lot of people's' lives.  I don't see how anyone doesn't see this as insensitive, even in this climate of trying to put an end to "political correctness."  Doesn't mean you have to be outraged.  I don't think this one will rise to my top-100. But it was making light.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    He said "collapses." The towers collapsed.  I'd say it was an obvious reference to that day.  At best, a ham-handed joke that he doesn't have the sense to understand makes light of the worst day of a lot of people's' lives.  I don't see how anyone doesn't see this as insensitive, even in this climate of trying to put an end to "political correctness."  Doesn't mean you have to be outraged.  I don't think this one will rise to my top-100. But it was making light.
    This is what I figured people are making the joke to.  Collapse.

Never saw it at that and took it as the weight of the people would break the stage.

This discussion has been closed.