Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,473
    mrussel1 said:
    Bernie Sanders Shit and Free MYFIRST DAY AS PRESIDENT IWILL INSTRUCT THE AGRICULTURE DEPARTMENT TO PLANT THE MAGIC TREES THAT ALL THE FREE SHIT WILL GROW ONBernie Sanders 1st Day as President
    Don't know from which Fox News hosts twitter that picture comes from - But a solution is to not have the US shitty predatory capitalist system and instead a system for the people -- to actually save money:

You're welcome for carrying the burden of medicine research.  We pay the protected prices,  the world benefits.  My lord. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    I have voted both sides of the fence..I usually decide day or two before voting and vote for the lesser of the two evils that are running,,,its hit and miss.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    mrussel1 said:
    Bernie Sanders Shit and Free MYFIRST DAY AS PRESIDENT IWILL INSTRUCT THE AGRICULTURE DEPARTMENT TO PLANT THE MAGIC TREES THAT ALL THE FREE SHIT WILL GROW ONBernie Sanders 1st Day as President
    Don't know from which Fox News hosts twitter that picture comes from - But a solution is to not have the US shitty predatory capitalist system and instead a system for the people -- to actually save money:

You're welcome for carrying the burden of medicine research.  We pay the protected prices,  the world benefits.  My lord. 

Great counter as usual.  
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    I have voted both sides of the fence..I usually decide day or two before voting and vote for the lesser of the two evils that are running,,,its hit and miss.
    Are you hinting that you’re considering voting for trump in 2020?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Ugh...enough with the talking in the third person. Just because he's a WWE Hall of Famer doesn't make him The Rock....

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,154
    PJPOWER said:
    it won't matter. people voted for him knowing he was a pussy grabber, misogynist, adulterer, possible wife beater, sexual admirer of his own daughter, the list goes on. few give a shit that he only likes black people who are rich. 
    Well it appears the majority of the country gives a shit...
    that same (electoral) majority voted for him knowing this and worse already. why do you think it will matter in 2020?
    Because he won’t be running against Hellary?
    Yeah this time he’ll be up against someone less experienced, less qualified, with less money, and less name recognition than Hillary.

It was that name recognition that worked against her. And I’m betting this time the D candidate will visit each state
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    it won't matter. people voted for him knowing he was a pussy grabber, misogynist, adulterer, possible wife beater, sexual admirer of his own daughter, the list goes on. few give a shit that he only likes black people who are rich. 
    that same (electoral) majority voted for him knowing this and worse already. why do you think it will matter in 2020?
    Yeah this time he’ll be up against someone less experienced, less qualified, with less money, and less name recognition than Hillary.

It was that name recognition that worked against her. And I’m betting this time the D candidate will visit each state
    I disagree. I think it's her as a person and speaker that worked against her. Being famous (even if you're disliked is an advantage for anyone running for office. If nothing else, you'll get the donors backing you. 

And yes, strategically as far as campaigning goes, the Democratic nominee would be wise to not under any circumstances follow Hillary's lead. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,154
    PJPOWER said:

I disagree. I think it's her as a person and speaker that worked against her. Being famous (even if you're disliked is an advantage for anyone running for office. If nothing else, you'll get the donors backing you. 

And yes, strategically as far as campaigning goes, the Democratic nominee would be wise to not under any circumstances follow Hillary's lead. 
    If name recognition is good no matter what, Adolph Hitler would probably win a lot of elections!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,038
    edited August 2019
    I know it is fox news but I sincerely doubt cnn would ever print this story.  So does trump get a pass?  Are we all guilty of double standards? The video pretty much speaks for itself.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/resurfaced-video-shows-elijah-cummings-calling-baltimore-drug-infested-likening-residents-to-zombies

Resurfaced video shows Elijah Cummings calling Baltimore 'drug infested,' likening residents to 'zombies'

House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings, D-Md., previously referred to his community of Baltimore as a "drug-infested" area, using a term that President Trumpincluded in a tweet widely panned as a racist attack on the city.

The video, tweeted by the president on Wednesday, showed Cummings lamenting the city's scourge of drugs while speaking during what appeared to be a congressional hearing.

"This morning, I left my community of Baltimore -- a drug-infested area where a lot of the drugs we are talking about today have already taken the lives of so many children," he said. "The same children that I watched 14 or 15 years ago as they grew up, now walking around like zombies."

Trump originally called Baltimore a "rat and rodent infested mess," apparently conjuring allusions to racism for some media outlets. CNN's Erin Burnett, for example, accused Trump of feeding his base's "basest tendencies" by using those words to describe a majority-African American city.

"Infest has become sort of a trope for Trump," she added before pointing to statements about immigrants and inner cities. "Infest is a loaded word throughout history."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., similarly called Trump's tweets "racist," although it's unclear what exactly she was referring to in the tweets.

The president's son, Donald Trump Jr., responded to the old footage by asking whether Cummings himself was racist.

"Obviously racist... Right? Those are the rules!" he tweeted alongside the video.

Trump has defended himself by claiming that he was "stating plainly what most people already know." "Elijah Cummings has done a terrible job for the people of his district, and of Baltimore itself. Dems always play the race card when they are unable to win with facts. Shame!" he said over the weekend.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

If name recognition is good no matter what, Adolph Hitler would probably win a lot of elections!
    Well I wouldn't go THAT far but if nothing else, it gives a candidate a head start on the others. Like Warren for example, she has a level of fame that she gained basically because Trump kept making fun of her. But coming out the gate, she had an advantage over the Yangs of the world who no one really knew of until the campaigns started. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,002

You started out by asking for a source, and then you posted your own clearly biased garbage with no source. This is the third time I've seen you do this; last time I posted a list of reasons I find graphics like yours to be garbage, to which you offered no response. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Now his son is sticking his nose in Australian politics. GTFO!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Great counter as usual.  
    Better a counter, than the elderly woman standing behind it being too ignorant and conditioned to not see outside her small town.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    benjs said:

You started out by asking for a source, and then you posted your own clearly biased garbage with no source. This is the third time I've seen you do this; last time I posted a list of reasons I find graphics like yours to be garbage, to which you offered no response. 
    I have not asked for a source? What source have I asked for @benj ?

You posted a reason?  I thought we were having eachother on the ignore-list? 

Here you have a source:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/08/politics/health-care-spending/index.html

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Ugh...enough with the talking in the third person. Just because he's a WWE Hall of Famer doesn't make him The Rock....

The thing about Trump, and I've said this on here before - yes he only cares about himself (republican ideal) and yes he's a racist (republican ideal) and all of that. But he would have run as a democrat if he would have had the chance. Trump is a man that want's to play golf with George Clooney. He wants to go to the progressive European countries and be loved. he wants Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper to come visit his Oval Office and not Ted Nugent and Kid Rock.

He's Sauroman and he knows he's stuck in Isengard with the "uneducated" because that was his only path to victory.

EDIT: Read the tweet wrong. So all of the above lack context.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:

Ironically enough, proving just how conditioned to blindly accept a broken predatory capitalist system the US is by being cliche enough to push talking points straight from the lobby industry:

The one danger posed by this excellent work by Nancy Yu, Zachary Helms, and Peter Bach is that, because it focuses on the excess of US prices over prices in other developed countries, it could promote the “foreign free-rider myth”—the idea that US prices have to be high to pay for pharmaceutical research and development because other nations with lower prices don’t pay their fair share of research and development costs. This claim that “everyone gets a free ride off us,” pushed so vigorously by pharmaceutical companies to the US public and policy makers, is simply not true. The claim has been made so often for so long that many hold it as an economic fact, even though no solid evidence is presented to back it up.

In fact, other countries such as Canada and the United Kingdom are keen to attract pharmaceutical research and development investments. Prices in these nations are set to enable companies to recover all research and development, manufacturing, marketing, and overhead costs, and to make a reasonable profit. UK prices, among the lowest in Europe, have long been set to pay for all these costs plus a profit. 

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20170602.060376/full/

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I know Spiritual_Chaos brings it on himself, but you guys aren't actually disputing the ridiculously inflated costs of healthcare in the US, are you?
    Matt, I respect you and your opinions a ton, particularly with regards to financial stuff, but you are definitely toeing the company line on that one.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,002
    benjs said:

I have not asked for a source? What source have I asked for @benj ?

You posted a reason?  I thought we were having eachother on the ignore-list? 

Here you have a source:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/08/politics/health-care-spending/index.html

Thanks, but that source is not for the graphics you originally posted. Would you care to post the source of those? Also, I know your 'source' request wasn't so much a source request as something more tongue-in-cheek (which I bolded for you), but my point still stands. 

You've responded to other posts of mine both before and after I posted a list of about seven or eight reasons why your infographics are at best biased, and at worst purposefully deceptive. It was probably only a few days ago at this point. In a nutshell, your info is:
    Unsourced, not normalized to consider a country's geography, not normalized for a population size, not broken down into 'rare' meds and 'commodity' meds (something which will rise up average drug prices across a country and would be proportional to population size), no sampling or size data, biased figure titles, not broken down into 'out of pocket (including health insurance)' vs. 'insurance-covered', and finally, the fact that you pull this shit all the time discredits not just your figures but also the one posting it. Stating this in advance, my days are getting pretty busy. If you respond, I may not be able to answer for a few days but I'll do my best.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    rgambs said:
    I know Spiritual_Chaos brings it on himself, but you guys aren't actually disputing the ridiculously inflated costs of healthcare in the US, are you?
    Matt, I respect you and your opinions a ton, particularly with regards to financial stuff, but you are definitely toeing the company line on that one.
    Both can be true.  The prices are inflated,  but the US through tax subsidies and higher non generic pricing bears the lion share.  The article posted does not provide anything the refute the point.  The opinion writer said that other countries are "keen" to host research countries. 
    The problem in the states that needs to be addressed,  imo, are the loopholes that allow companies to extend the patent period.  Second,  Medicare isn't allowed to negotiate prices.  These need to be addressed. Trump said he was going to deal with the latter,  which is shockingly worthy of him,  but he hasn't publicly yet. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,368
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    you really think bernie would have beaten him in 16?
    Hard to say.  I know a lot of Bernie people that said they would never vote for Clinton.  Not sure if the reverse was true.
    I doubt it.  I lived in Burlington VT when Bernie was the mayor, and I happily voted for HRC.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    BTW Trumpito gonna get stomped yo
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    It was not 51% who thought this a few years ago. The number is higher now.

And for the answer to this question, please peruse my posts. I've answered why 2020 will be different about a million times. 
    I didn't realize I was supposed to know everything everyone has ever said on the boards. 

hard pass.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    It totally matters.  Many swing voters who voted for him did so in the hopes these things weren’t true and trump would “act presidential”. Now 57% of independent voters have said they’ll never vote for him in 2020 no matter who the dem is. Trump repels swing voters and most are sick of him. Trump’s team thinks it’s good strategy to keep poking at minorities and then have us libs call him a racist. They think there’s a sympathetic pick up by trump from this process. They’re idiots and their only chance (again) will be voter suppression/apathy and getting election help from other countries. 
    I sincerely hope you are correct. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    mrussel1 said:
    It was not 51% who thought this a few years ago. The number is higher now.

And for the answer to this question, please peruse my posts. I've answered why 2020 will be different about a million times. 
    I agree.  Passive voters will come out. He is far worse off a person than I think people imagined.  At least I hope. 
    People, in general, are just tired of his act.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    God help this country 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I unfollowed him yesterday. Figure if he tweets anything newsworthy, I'll know about it pretty quickly. Following him is like following those Russian bots who are always the first to respond to his tweets. He's just a troll. Let's see how long I can last!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I unfollowed him yesterday. Figure if he tweets anything newsworthy, I'll know about it pretty quickly. Following him is like following those Russian bots who are always the first to respond to his tweets. He's just a troll. Let's see how long I can last!
    I've followed and unfollowed a few times myself. I guess I'm interested to see what he spews so I follow, but it becomes so unbearable that I then have to unfollow.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

I've followed and unfollowed a few times myself. I guess I'm interested to see what he spews so I follow, but it becomes so unbearable that I then have to unfollow.
    He just tweets so much that it kind of loses it's effect. People are used to it and tired of it. If he wants to continue to shock people with his garbage nonsense he'd be better off tweeting less. But he has zero self control.

I will say it was nice to wake up this morning and not have that apprehensive/agitated feeling I do whenever I see his nonsensical ramblings.
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.