Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,473

I answered above.  

Adding to this.  I explained my point and I don't see it, I just don't.  Anything Trump says though people just pile on and add their own parts to it.

Maybe he just made a joke about what was going on at that time?  You really think he poked fun at the situation and the thousands of people whom died?

there is some definite truth to this, but what I've tried to do is like I stated above, put it to the bipartisan test. if it wouldn't bother me coming from obama or some other politician I don't hate, then I leave well enough alone and move on. 
    I live here in NY.

If the people of NY thought it was insensitive then the papers would have roasted him.  They did not.  They praised him for a change.

He actually signed a bill that pretty much EVERYONE agrees with and that part got taken away.

New Yorkers would be the first to be pissed and have that right but I'm not seeing it.
    Dude. What choice did he have? None. Zero. Can you imagine him not signing it after all the struggle it took to get the republicans in the senate to support it?

Giving him credit for signing this is like giving him credit for breathing. 
    It is a good Bushleaguer moment but the guy actually did something for the good and he still got shit on.

I saw the right doing this w Obama, the left w Bush and now the current president.  Politics and peoples views on things have just gotten ugly.

An opposing view can be bashed and viewed any way that you can see fit now.  It's "birds of a feather" politics.  Bi partisanship is dead.
    I think comparing opposing a racist, climate denier, 137% narcissists only in it for HIMSELF and complete tool (as in really stupid) and e.g. Obama or W (outside of him being a war criminal that should stand trial) a tad dishonest.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839

I answered above.  

Adding to this.  I explained my point and I don't see it, I just don't.  Anything Trump says though people just pile on and add their own parts to it.

Maybe he just made a joke about what was going on at that time?  You really think he poked fun at the situation and the thousands of people whom died?

there is some definite truth to this, but what I've tried to do is like I stated above, put it to the bipartisan test. if it wouldn't bother me coming from obama or some other politician I don't hate, then I leave well enough alone and move on. 
    I live here in NY.

If the people of NY thought it was insensitive then the papers would have roasted him.  They did not.  They praised him for a change.

He actually signed a bill that pretty much EVERYONE agrees with and that part got taken away.

New Yorkers would be the first to be pissed and have that right but I'm not seeing it.
    Dude. What choice did he have? None. Zero. Can you imagine him not signing it after all the struggle it took to get the republicans in the senate to support it?

It is a good Bushleaguer moment but the guy actually did something for the good and he still got shit on.

I saw the right doing this w Obama, the left w Bush and now the current president.  Politics and peoples views on things have just gotten ugly.

An opposing view can be bashed and viewed any way that you can see fit now.  It's "birds of a feather" politics.  Bi partisanship is dead.
    He kinda shit on himself, though.  It was a slam dunk and he doinked it off the front rim with the joke.  The bottom-line worked out but he couldn’t get through an easy one without stepping in (albeit a smaller than usual) a pile of shit.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,368

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

I think comparing opposing a racist, climate denier, 137% narcissists only in it for HIMSELF and complete tool (as in really stupid) and e.g. Obama or W (outside of him being a war criminal that should stand trial) a tad dishonest.
    OnWis97 said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

He kinda shit on himself, though.  It was a slam dunk and he doinked it off the front rim with the joke.  The bottom-line worked out but he couldn’t get through an easy one without stepping in (albeit a smaller than usual) a pile of shit.
    See what I mean?

No matter what someone will have something bad to say...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

OnWis97 said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

See what I mean?

again, I know what you are saying. but we are also in uncharted territory here. no other president in history took credit for shit they had nothing to do with. he acts as if his signature is a gift. he presents himself as santa claus when all of us children know that congress are the parents. 

obama would have made a speech something along the lines of "it gives me great pleasure to sign off on this bill; congratulations to those in congress for reaching across the aisle and getting this bi-partisan bill completed to honour our first responders on the worst attack on american soil in history. this is truly a wonderful moment. this isn't about politics. this is about all of those heroes on that day and their families. thank you again for your unwavering service in the darkest of days". 

bush would have said something similar, even if he messed it up a bit. 

this fucking asshole makes it about himself. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

OnWis97 said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

See what I mean?

There's just no reason to make jokes like that at such an event.  Classless.  The criticisms are warranted.  It's not the worst thing he's done,  but it's just another example of buffoonery. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786

again, I know what you are saying. but we are also in uncharted territory here. no other president in history took credit for shit they had nothing to do with. he acts as if his signature is a gift. he presents himself as santa claus when all of us children know that congress are the parents. 

obama would have made a speech something along the lines of "it gives me great pleasure to sign off on this bill; congratulations to those in congress for reaching across the aisle and getting this bi-partisan bill completed to honour our first responders on the worst attack on american soil in history. this is truly a wonderful moment. this isn't about politics. this is about all of those heroes on that day and their families. thank you again for your unwavering service in the darkest of days". 

Dude, can you blame him? He was THERE. He was pulling people out of the wreckage. Then he strapped on his cape, flew to Pennsylvania, and took down the fourth plane. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,972
    OnWis97 said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

He airballed it over the backboard. Please give me an example of Obama making any presentations or bill signings about him. If he did, it was s lighthearted event and self-deprecating. Not insensitive, insecure, narcissism.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839

Dude, can you blame him? He was THERE. He was pulling people out of the wreckage. Then he strapped on his cape, flew to Pennsylvania, and took down the fourth plane. 
    Then he rested up...and threw a perfect game in World Series Game 7, giving the Yankees the championship.  The Deep State has altered historical records (and minds) to say that the Diamondbacks won.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Then he rested up...and threw a perfect game in World Series Game 7, giving the Yankees the championship.  The Deep State has altered historical records (and minds) to say that the Diamondbacks won.
    Maybe THIS is where the Trump/McCain rift started....the New York/Arizona World Series. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

See what I mean?

mrussel1 said:

See what I mean?

There's just no reason to make jokes like that at such an event.  Classless.  The criticisms are warranted.  It's not the worst thing he's done,  but it's just another example of buffoonery. 

You make good points but expecting anything different from Trump is like saying you've been under a rock for the last two years.

A well written, humble speech just doesn't fit him...

I agree but it's just not going to happen.

Vote him out.  Dems better have someone good running.  Buttigieg please.
  • Options

See what I mean?

mrussel1 said:

See what I mean?

You make good points but expecting anything different from Trump is like saying you've been under a rock for the last two years.

but the problem that a lot of us have is that we don't want this to be the new normal. do we expect better from him? no. should we? yes. it's like if my kid's a brat. if it happens every day, should I just shrug my shoulders and say "oh well, this is who she is"? or should I expect better and try to correct it?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

See what I mean?

mrussel1 said:

See what I mean?

but the problem that a lot of us have is that we don't want this to be the new normal. do we expect better from him? no. should we? yes. it's like if my kid's a brat. if it happens every day, should I just shrug my shoulders and say "oh well, this is who she is"? or should I expect better and try to correct it?
    I see this becoming more norm than anything.

Next president may be better but the people with voices will make it a circus like it's been happening.

My favorite term I hear now is that "Social media gives everybody a voice and some people shouldn't have one"  It is censorship to do that but it rings true.
  • Options
    it wouldn't be a fraction as bad as it is if he wasn't on twitter. guaranteed. as long as the next prez goes through traditional communication channels, all will be as normal as can be. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    it wouldn't be a fraction as bad as it is if he wasn't on twitter. guaranteed. as long as the next prez goes through traditional communication channels, all will be as normal as can be. 
    The toothpaste can never go back in the tube now.

Too many people, alt's, far this way/that way have access to social media.  

One would hope that it's just a phase but doesn't appear to be.

• Options
    The toothpaste can never go back in the tube now.

Too many people, alt's, far this way/that way have access to social media.  

One would hope that it's just a phase but doesn't appear to be.

I agree with that, but twitter was here before he was. he just throws gas on the fire by constantly shouting into the twitterverse. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

OnWis97 said:

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

See what I mean?

But I did not make it an "left" and "right" issue. Notice I grouped Obama and W together.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    He didn't do anything on 911, except call in to that TV show and lie about Muslims.

I want MORE public appearances by this POS.

https://twitter.com/TheBeatWithAri/status/1156330156677636096
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,972
    Obama was on Twitter except it was the White House press office twitting for him so he could attend his 7:00 am DPB instead of being ensconced in private residence, watching tv and mad twitting during the morning and printing out and signing the tweets he retweeted in the afternoon like Team Trump Treason does. The normalization has begun to take effect.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458

I answered above.  

I live here in NY.

What exactly did he do? He signed it into law...okay, great. It’s not as if he was the one championing it or anything. He literally just signed something that was impossible for him not to sign. Congrats on doing the bare minimum...while still managing to make an ass of himself by insinuating he spent time at Geound Zero?

Sorry man. Fuck him. It’s not even close to what the right did with Obama. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    It's always been a false equivalency. 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    OK I finally caught up on the Baltimore and Sharpton comments.

I know all about Rev Al and living here in NY over the years so please point out the racist remarks part.

We can discuss Baltimore next.

• Options
    edited July 2019

Haha.
  • Options
    Can you imagine being that big a fan of ANYTHING that you'd buy a $15 pack of straws. I've seen people go a little merch crazy on this board, but I don't think anyone would buy Pearl Jam straws. 

"Nirvana straws don't work. STAND WITH PEARL JAM and buy your pack of recyclable straws today"

On second thought, I think there are people here that would buy them. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Can you imagine being that big a fan of ANYTHING that you'd buy a $15 pack of straws. I've seen people go a little merch crazy on this board, but I don't think anyone would buy Pearl Jam straws. 

"Nirvana straws don't work. STAND WITH PEARL JAM and buy your pack of recyclable straws today"

People are buying Eddie Vedder-socks. 

Ofc they would buy straws. Haha.
  • Options

lol, yeah I suppose they would. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801

To flip them 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

To flip them 
    Hahaha. I can see the eBay post now.

*NEW* *SEALED* *PEARL JAM STRAWS* *RARE!*

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    with a black 10C version that went on sale unannounced at 1:30pm on a tuesday and sold out in 2 seconds. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    with a black 10C version that went on sale unannounced at 1:30pm on a tuesday and sold out in 2 seconds. 
    "Psst. Black, limited-edition Tenclub straws restocked and now up in the store!" ----Santos L. Hapler. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
This discussion has been closed.